Quantile Regression with Classical Additive Measurement Errors
This note derives the bias of the quantile regression estimator in the presence of classical additive measurement error, and show its connection to least squares models. The bias structure suggests that the instrumental variables estimator proposed for least squares can be applied to the quantile regression case.
Volume (Year): 31 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wansbeek, Tom, 2001. "GMM estimation in panel data models with measurement error," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 259-268, September.
- Zvi Griliches & Jerry A. Hausman, 1984.
"Errors in Variables in Panel Data,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0037, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schennach, Susanne M., 2008. "Quantile Regression With Mismeasured Covariates," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(04), pages 1010-1043, August.
- Chernozhukov, Victor & Hansen, Christian, 2008. "Instrumental variable quantile regression: A robust inference approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 379-398, January.
- Andrew Chesher, 2001. "Parameter approximations for quantile regressions with measurement error," CeMMAP working papers CWP02/01, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Chernozhukov, Victor & Hansen, Christian, 2006. "Instrumental quantile regression inference for structural and treatment effect models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 491-525, June.
- Joshua Angrist & Victor Chernozhukov & Iván Fernández-Val, 2006.
"Quantile Regression under Misspecification, with an Application to the U.S. Wage Structure,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(2), pages 539-563, 03.
- Joshua Angrist & Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val, 2004. "Quantile Regression under Misspecification, with an Application to the U.S. Wage Structure," NBER Working Papers 10428, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susanne M. Schennach, 2004. "Estimation of Nonlinear Models with Measurement Error," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(1), pages 33-75, 01.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-11-00343. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.