The Philippine export portfolio in the product space: potentials, possibilities and policy challenges
Using the product space and the index for product level sophistication, the performance of the Philippines' export basket is analyzed. Results indicate that while currently it has limited options for diversification, the country can still produce sophisticated exports given significant transformation of its production structure. Specific exports that have the potential to evolve into sophisticated rich-country goods are also identified.
Volume (Year): 32 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Rodrik, Dani, 2003.
"Economic development as self-discovery,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 603-633, December.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Rodrik, Dani, 2002. "Economic Development as Self-Discovery," Working Paper Series rwp02-023, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Rodrik, Dani, 2002. "Economic Development as Self Discovery," CEPR Discussion Papers 3356, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Dani Rodrik, 2002. "Economic Development as Self-Discovery," NBER Working Papers 8952, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bassam Abual-Foul, 2004. "Testing the export-led growth hypothesis: evidence from Jordan," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 393-396.
- Tecson, Gwendolyn R., 1992. "Performance, Competitiveness and Structure of Philippine Manufacturing Industries: A Research Design," Working Papers WP 1992-02, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Jusús Crespo Cuaresma & Julia Wörz, 2003.
"On export composition and growth,"
Vienna Economics Papers
0309, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Jesús Crespo Cuaresma & Julia Wörz, 2005. "On Export Composition and Growth," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 141(1), pages 33-49, April.
- Bayudan-Dacuycuy, Connie & Lim, Joseph Anthony, 2014. "Export Sophistication and Export-Led Growth: An Analysis of the Export Basket of Selected East Asian Economies," MPRA Paper 64650, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-11-00118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.