Locating the Most Important Transactions of the Economy by an Alternative Sensivity Analysis. Application to the Employment Structure of Nine European Countries
The input-output structural analysis is a valuable tool when designing economic policies since it allows us to know which are the most important linkages and sectors of an economic system. The coefficients' sensitivity analysis is one of the major approaches of the structural analysis. With it we may measure how the output is influenced by changes in the coefficients. However, the classical sensitivity analysis, based on the Sherman & Morrison formula, shows several limitations. In this paper, an alternative approach based on linear programming and that deals with such challenges is proposed. The technique is then applied to an employment analysis in nine European countries.
Volume (Year): 6 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R C Jensen & G R West, 1980. "The Effect of Relative Coefficient Size on Inputâ€”Output Multipliers," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 12(6), pages 659-670, June.
- R C Jensen & G R West, 1980. "The effect of relative coefficient size on input - output multipliers," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 12(6), pages 659-670, June.
- Hermann Schnabl, 2003. "The ECA-method for Identifying Sensitive Reactions within an IO Context," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 495-504.
- Hewings, Geoffrey J. D. & Fonseca, Manuel & Guilhoto, Joaquim & Sonis, Michael, 1989.
"Key sectors and structural change in the Brazilian economy: A comparison of alternative approaches and their policy implications,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 67-90.
- Hewings, Geoffrey J.D. & Fonseca, Miguel A. & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins & Sonis, Michael, 1989. "Key sectors and structural change in the Brazilian economy: a comparsion of alternative approaches and their policy implications," MPRA Paper 54761, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:eerese:v:6:y2006:i:6_3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.