Gender And Entrepreneurship: Analysis Of A Young University Population in Spain
The main objective of the present study is to compare the entrepreneurial intentions of university students, and their evaluation of the figure of the entrepreneur, contrasting the perceptions of men and women. An empirical analysis based on a fieldwork carried out at the University of Cordoba, Spain was made. The final sample comprised a total of 1,400 valid questionnaires.Results show over the next few years women (at least those who attend university) are less likely than men to create businesses. Currently, only one in every five women at university contemplates the possibility of starting a business and university students evaluate differently their possession of various attributes of great importance to entrepreneurship.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 13 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- BodenJR., Richard J. & Nucci, Alfred R., 2000. "On the survival prospects of men's and women's new business ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 347-362, July.
- Macmillan, Ian C. & Siegel, Robin & Narasimha, P. N. Subba, 1985. "Criteria used by venture capitalists to evaluate new venture proposals," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 119-128.
- Khan, Arshad M, 1986. "Entrepreneur characteristics and the prediction of new venture success," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 365-372.
- Fagenson, Ellen A., 1993. "Personal value systems of men and women entrepreneurs versus managers," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 409-430, September.
- Frederic Delmar & Per Davidsson, 2000. "Where do they come from? Prevalence and characteristics of nascent entrepreneurs," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 1-23, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:eerese:v:13:y2013:i:1_6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.