The residential segregation of the American Indian and Alaska Native population in US metropolitan and micropolitan areas, 2010
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Lichter & Domenico Parisi & Steven Grice & Michael Taquino, 2007. "National estimates of racial segregation in rural and small-town America," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 44(3), pages 563-581, August.
- Rima Wilkes & John Iceland, 2004. "Hypersegregation in the twenty-first century," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 41(1), pages 23-36, February.
- Carolyn A. Liebler & Renuka Bhaskar & Sonya R. Porter (née Rastogi), 2016. "Joining, Leaving, and Staying in the American Indian/Alaska Native Race Category Between 2000 and 2010," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(2), pages 507-540, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- John M. Eason, 2017. "Prisons as Panacea or Pariah? The Countervailing Consequences of the Prison Boom on the Political Economy of Rural Towns," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Scott South & Kyle Crowder & Jeremy Pais, 2011. "Metropolitan Structure and Neighborhood Attainment: Exploring Intermetropolitan Variation in Racial Residential Segregation," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 48(4), pages 1263-1292, November.
- Chris Hess & Ryan Gabriel & Christine Leibbrand & Kyle Crowder, 2019. "Does Hypersegregation Matter for Black-White Socioeconomic Disparities?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 56(6), pages 2169-2191, December.
- Logan, Trevon D. & Parman, John M., 2017. "The National Rise in Residential Segregation," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 77(1), pages 127-170, March.
- Kenneth M. Johnson & Daniel T. Lichter, 2010. "Growing Diversity among America's Children and Youth: Spatial and Temporal Dimensions," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 36(1), pages 151-176, March.
- D'Agostino, Emily M. & Patel, Hersila H. & Ahmed, Zafar & Hansen, Eric & Sunil Mathew, M. & Nardi, Maria I. & Messiah, Sarah E., 2018. "Impact of change in neighborhood racial/ethnic segregation on cardiovascular health in minority youth attending a park-based afterschool program," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 205(C), pages 116-129.
- Melissa Scopilliti & John Iceland, 2008. "Residential Patterns of Black Immigrants and Native‐Born Blacks in the United States," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 89(3), pages 551-572, September.
- Logan, Trevon D. & Parman, John M., 2018. "Segregation and mortality over time and space," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 199(C), pages 77-86.
- Eitle, David, 2009. "Dimensions of racial segregation, hypersegregation, and Black homicide rates," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 28-36, January.
- Lisa D. Cook & Trevon D. Logan & John M. Parman, 2018. "Rural Segregation and Racial Violence: Historical Effects of Spatial Racism," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 77(3-4), pages 821-847, May.
- Yiming Wang, 2012. "Decomposing the entropy index of racial diversity: in search of two types of variance," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(3), pages 897-915, June.
- Richelle L. Winkler & Kenneth M. Johnson, 2016. "Moving Toward Integration? Effects of Migration on Ethnoracial Segregation Across the Rural-Urban Continuum," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(4), pages 1027-1049, August.
- Mary J. Fischer & Jacob S. Rugh, 2018. "Military Veterans and Neighborhood Racial Integration: VA Mortgage Lending Across Three Eras," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 37(4), pages 569-589, August.
- Bell, Janice F. & Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Almgren, Gunnar R. & Mayer, Jonathan D. & Huebner, Colleen E., 2006. "Birth outcomes among urban African-American women: A multilevel analysis of the role of racial residential segregation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 3030-3045, December.
- Lutfi, Khaleeq & Trepka, Mary Jo & Fennie, Kristopher P. & Ibanez, Gladys & Gladwin, Hugh, 2015. "Racial residential segregation and risky sexual behavior among non-Hispanic blacks, 2006–2010," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 95-103.
- Samantha Friedman & Hui-shien Tsao & Cheng Chen, 2013. "Housing Tenure and Residential Segregation in Metropolitan America," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(4), pages 1477-1498, August.
- Ross W. Fineman, 2020. "The Shortest Path Isolation Index: A New Measure for Individual-level Residential Segregation," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 49(3), pages 742-777, August.
- Jeremy Porter & Philip Mason & Frank Howell, 2013. "Metropolitan Influence and Land Use Competition in Potential Biomass Crop Production: A Spatial Demographic Analysis," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 32(2), pages 285-310, April.
- Eileen Diaz McConnell & Ilana Redstone Akresh, 2013. "Home Equity of New Legal Immigrants in the United States: An Evaluation of Three Key Theoretical Perspectives," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 686-729, September.
- Carlos Avenancio-León & Troup Howard, 2020. "The Assessment Gap: Racial Inequalities in Property Taxation," Opportunity and Inclusive Growth Institute Working Papers 34, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
More about this item
Keywordsresidential segregation; American Indian; Alaska Natives;
All these keywords.
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dem:demres:v:40:y:2019:i:33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Editorial Office). General contact details of provider: https://www.demogr.mpg.de/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.