Persistence and Academic Success in University
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Martin D. Dooley & A. Abigail Payne & A. Leslie Robb, 2011. "Persistence and Academic Success in University," Department of Economics Working Papers 2011-08, McMaster University.
- Dooley, Martin D. & Payne, A. Abigail & Robb, A. Leslie, 2012. "Persistence and Academic Success in University," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2012-7, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 19 Feb 2012.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Boys, retention, and multiple regression
by Nick Rowe in Worthwhile Canadian Initiative on 2013-03-14 19:11:02
- Individual characteristics are more important for academic success in university
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2011-10-28 19:14:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- A. Abigail Payne & Justin Smith, 2020. "Big Fish, Small Pond: The Effect of Rank at Entry on Postsecondary Outcomes," Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 86(4), pages 1475-1509, April.
- Martin D. Dooley & A. Abigail Payne & A. Leslie Robb, 2012.
"The impact of cost on the choice of university: evidence from Ontario,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(2), pages 755-783, May.
- Martin D. Dooley & A. Abigail Payne & A. Leslie Robb, 2012. "The impact of cost on the choice of university: evidence from Ontario," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 45(2), pages 755-783, May.
- Martin D. Dooley & A. Abigail Payne & A. Leslie Robb, 2011. "The Impact of Cost on the Choice of University: Evidence from Ontario," Department of Economics Working Papers 2011-07, McMaster University.
- Meyer, Tobias & Thomsen, Stephan, 2014. "Are 12 Years of Schooling Sufficient for Preparation for Tertiary Education? Evidence from the Reform of Secondary School Duration in Germany," VfS Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100305, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Alejandro Abarca & Rolando Leiva & Juan Robalino & Milagro Saborio-Rodriguez, 2016. "Diferencias en la permanencia y el desempeño en la educación superior entre estudiantes provenientes de colegios públicas y privadas," Working Papers 201603, Universidad de Costa Rica, revised Jun 2016.
- Stephen E. Childs & Ross Finnie & Felice Martinello, 2017. "Postsecondary Student Persistence and Pathways: Evidence From the YITS-A in Canada," Research in Higher Education, Springer;Association for Institutional Research, vol. 58(3), pages 270-294, May.
- Silva, Pedro Luís & Sá, Carla & Biscaia, Ricardo & Teixeira, Pedro N., 2022. "High School and Exam Scores: Does Their Predictive Validity for Academic Performance Vary with Programme Selectivity?," IZA Discussion Papers 15350, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Silva, Pedro Luís, 2022. "Specialists or All-Rounders: How Best to Select University Students?," IZA Discussion Papers 15271, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Beattie, Graham & Laliberté, Jean-William P. & Oreopoulos, Philip, 2018.
"Thrivers and divers: Using non-academic measures to predict college success and failure,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 170-182.
- Graham Beattie & Jean-William P. Laliberté & Philip Oreopoulos, 2016. "Thrivers and Divers: Using Non-Academic Measures to Predict College Success and Failure," NBER Working Papers 22629, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zwick, Thomas, 2012.
"Determinants of individual academic achievement: Group selectivity effects have many dimensions,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
12-081, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Zwick, Th., 2013. "Determinants of Individual Academic Achievement - Group Selectivity Effects Have Many Dimensions," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Zwick, Th., 2013. "Determinants of individual academic achievement - Group selectivity effects have many dimensions," ROA Research Memorandum 003, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Pavlos Nikolaidis & Maizatul Ismail & Liyana Shuib & Shakir Khan & Gaurav Dhiman, 2022. "Predicting Student Attrition in Higher Education through the Determinants of Learning Progress: A Structural Equation Modelling Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(20), pages 1-19, October.
- Loris P Fagioli & Rachel Baker & Gabe Avakian Orona, 2020. "The Role of Non-cognitive Variables in Identifying Community College Students in Need of Targeted Supports," Research in Higher Education, Springer;Association for Institutional Research, vol. 61(6), pages 725-763, September.
- Felice Martinello, 2015. "Course Withdrawal Dates, Tuition Refunds, and Student Persistence in University Programs," Working Papers 1501, Brock University, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2015.
More about this item
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpp:issued:v:38:y:2012:i:3:p:315-339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.utpjournals.press/loi/cpp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Iver Chong The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Iver Chong to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.utpjournals.press/loi/cpp .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.