Robust Estimation of beta and the hedging ratio in Stock Index Futures In the Integrated Latin American Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. "The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- David C. Bowie & David J. Bradfield, 1998. "Robust Estimation of Beta Coefficients: Evidence from a Small Stock Market," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3&4), pages 439-454.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Lally, Martin, 1998. "An Examination of Blume and Vasicek Betas," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 33(3), pages 183-197, August.
- Kalman J. Cohen & Gabriel A. Hawawini & Steven F. Maier & Robert A. Schwartz & David K. Whitcomb, 1983. "Estimating and Adjusting for the Intervalling-Effect Bias in Beta," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 135-148, January.
- Blume, Marshall E, 1975. "Betas and Their Regression Tendencies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 785-795, June.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Javier Estrada, 2006. "Downside Risk in Practice," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 18(1), pages 117-125, March.
- William F. Sharpe, 1971. "Mean-Absolute-Deviation Characteristic Lines for Securities and Portfolios," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(2), pages 1-13, October.
- Cornell, Bradford & Dietrich, J. Kimball, 1978. "Mean-Absolute-Deviation versus Least-Squares Regression Estimation of Beta Coefficients," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 123-131, March.
- Elgers, Pieter T & Haltiner, James R & Hawthorne, William H, 1979. "Beta Regression Tendencies: Statistical and Real Causes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 261-263, March.
- Vasicek, Oldrich A, 1973. "A Note on Using Cross-Sectional Information in Bayesian Estimation of Security Betas," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 28(5), pages 1233-1239, December.
- Richard D. F. Harris & Jian Shen, 2003. "Robust estimation of the optimal hedge ratio," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(8), pages 799-816, August.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Anastasios G Malliaris & William T Ziemba (ed.), THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Luis E. Pereiro, 2010. "The Beta Dilemma in Emerging Markets," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 22(4), pages 110-122, September.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R., 2001. "The theory and practice of corporate finance: evidence from the field," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2-3), pages 187-243, May.
- Figlewski, Stephen, 1984. "Hedging Performance and Basis Risk in Stock Index Futures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 657-669, July.
- Jonathan J. Reeves & Haifeng Wu, 2013. "Constant versus Time‐Varying Beta Models: Further Forecast Evaluation," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(3), pages 256-266, April.
- Blume, Marshall E, 1979. "Betas and Their Regression Tendencies: Some Further Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 265-267, March.
- Fong, Wai Mun, 1997. "Robust beta estimation: Some empirical evidence," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 167-186.
- Blume, Marshall E, 1971. "On the Assessment of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 1-10, March.
- Hooper, Vincent J. & Ng, Kevin & Reeves, Jonathan J., 2008. "Quarterly beta forecasting: An evaluation," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 480-489.
- Fernando A. Quintana & Pilar L. Iglesias & Manuel Galea-Rojas, 2005. "Bayesian robust estimation of systematic risk using product partition models," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 1(5), pages 313-320, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gabriel A. Hawawini & Ashok Vora, 1982. "Investment Horizon, Diversification, And The Efficiency Of Alternative Beta Forecasts," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 5(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Dana J. Johnson & Richard E. Bennett & Richard J. Curcio, 1979. "A Note On The Deceptive Nature Of Bayesian Forecasted Betas," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 2(1), pages 65-69, March.
- Malevergne, Y. & Sornette, D., 2007. "Self-consistent asset pricing models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 382(1), pages 149-171.
- Ferreira Savoia, José Roberto & Securato, José Roberto & Bergmann, Daniel Reed & Lopes da Silva, Fabiana, 2019. "Comparing results of the implied cost of capital and capital asset pricing models for infrastructure firms in Brazil," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 149-158.
- Masih, Mansur & Alzahrani, Mohammed & Al-Titi, Omar, 2010. "Systematic risk and time scales: New evidence from an application of wavelet approach to the emerging Gulf stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 10-18, January.
- Sebastien Valeyre & Sofiane Aboura & Denis Grebenkov, 2019. "The Reactive Beta Model," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 42(1), pages 71-113, March.
- Mbairadjim Moussa, A. & Sadefo Kamdem, J. & Shapiro, A.F. & Terraza, M., 2014. "CAPM with fuzzy returns and hypothesis testing," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 40-57.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis & Panagiotis Samartzis, 2015. "Factor Models as 'Explanatory Unifiers' versus 'Explanatory Ideals' of Empirical Regularities of Stock Returns," DEOS Working Papers 1507, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Brailsford, Timothy J. & Josev, Thomas, 1997. "The impact of the return interval on the estimation of systematic risk," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 357-376, July.
- Esteban González, María Victoria & Tusell Palmer, Fernando Jorge, 2009. "Predicting Betas: Two new methods," BILTOKI 2009-01, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Dimson, Elroy & Mussavian, Massoud, 1999. "Three centuries of asset pricing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 1745-1769, December.
- Tofallis, Chris, 2008. "Investment volatility: A critique of standard beta estimation and a simple way forward," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(3), pages 1358-1367, June.
- Robert W. Kolb & Ricardo J. Rodriguez, 1990. "Is The Distribution Of Betas Stationary?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 13(4), pages 279-283, December.
- Knolle, Julia, 2020. "Prosperity in a Low Interest Environment," MPRA Paper 104332, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alfred Mbairadjim Moussa & Jules Sadefo Kamdem & Arnold F. Shapiro & Michel Terraza, 2012. "Capital asset pricing model with fuzzy returns and hypothesis testing," Working Papers 12-33, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Sep 2012.
- Cenesizoglu, Tolga & de Oliveira Ferrazoli Ribeiro, Fabio & Reeves, Jonathan J., 2017. "Beta forecasting at long horizons," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 936-957.
- Fernando Rubio, 2005. "Eficiencia De Mercado, Administracion De Carteras De Fondos Y Behavioural Finance," Finance 0503028, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Jul 2005.
- Roger P. Bey, 1983. "The Market Model As An Appropriate Description Of The Stochastic Process Generating Security Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 6(4), pages 275-288, December.
- Anders Johansson, 2009.
"An analysis of dynamic risk in the Greater China equity markets,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 299-320.
- Johansson, Anders C., 2009. "An Analysis Of Dynamic Risk In The Greater China Equity Markets," Working Paper Series 2009-5, Stockholm School of Economics, China Economic Research Center.
- Cederburg, Scott & O’Doherty, Michael S., 2015. "Asset-pricing anomalies at the firm level," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 186(1), pages 113-128.
More about this item
KeywordsEstimation of beta; robust statistics MM (RMM); ordinary least squares (OLS); hedging ratio with stock MILA market index futures.;
All these keywords.
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C18 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Methodolical Issues: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000442:015652. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Centro de Investigaciones EconÃ³micas y Financieras (CIEF)). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.