Private information for foreign investment in emerging economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shima'a Hanafy, 2015. "Determinants of FDI Location in Egypt—Empirical Analysis Using Governorate Panel Data," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201513, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Shima’a Hanafy, 2014. "Determinants of FDI Location in Egypt: Empirical Analysis Using Governorate Panel Data," Working Papers 875, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2014.
- Akinkugbe, Oluyele, 2003. "Flow of Foreign Direct Investment to Hitherto Neglected Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 002, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2009.
"Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 18(4), pages 667-709, August.
- Desbordes, Rodolphe & AzÃ©mar, CÃ©line, 2008. "Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-23, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Céline Azémar & Rodolphe Desbordes, 2008. "Public Governance, Health and Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 2009_04, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Yuko Hashimoto & Konstantin M. Wacker, 2012.
"The Role of Risk and Information for International Capital Flows: New Evidence from the SDDS,"
Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers
124, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Ms. Yuko Hashimoto & Mr. Konstantin Wacker, 2012. "The Role of Risk and Information for International Capital Flows: New Evidence from the SDDS," IMF Working Papers 2012/242, International Monetary Fund.
- Fabienne Boudier‐Bensebaa, 2005. "Agglomeration economies and location choice: Foreign direct investment in Hungary," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 13(4), pages 605-628, October.
- Desbordes, Rodolphe & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2017.
"The effects of financial development on foreign direct investment,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 153-168.
- Desbordes, Rodolphe & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2014. "The effects of financial development on foreign direct investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7065, The World Bank.
- Rodolphe Desbordes & Shang-Jin Wei, 2017. "The Effects of Financial Development on Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Working Papers 23309, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kinoshita, Yuko & Campos, Nauro F., 2004. "Estimating the determinants of foreign direct investment inflows : how important are sampling and omitted variable biases?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 10/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Yuko Hashimoto & K. M. Wacker, 2016. "The role of information for international capital flows: new evidence from the SDDS," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 152(3), pages 529-557, August.
- Chen, George Shih-Ku, 2009. "Determinants of Taiwanese investment in China: An agglomeration economies-based perspective," MPRA Paper 13894, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ricardo Pinheiro Alves, 2008.
"Behavioural Determinants Of Foreign Direct Investment,"
0008, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Dec 2008.
- Pinheiro-Alves, Ricardo, 2008. "Behavioural determinants of Foreign Direct Investment," MPRA Paper 10297, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2008. "Thought and Behavior Contagion in Capital Markets," MPRA Paper 9164, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gianfranco De Simone & Miriam Manchin, 2008.
"Brain drain with FDI gain? Factor mobility between Eastern and Western Europe,"
UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series
92, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Gianfranco De Simone & Miriam Manchin, 2008. "Brain Drain with FDI Gain? Factor Mobility between Eastern and Western Europe," Development Working Papers 255, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Matthew Doyle, 2010. "Informational externalities, strategic delay, and optimal investment subsidies," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 43(3), pages 941-966, August.
- Rodolphe Desbordes & Vincenzo Verardi, 2017. "Foreign Direct Investment and Democracy: A Robust Fixed Effects Approach to a Complex Relationship," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 43-82, February.
- Chunxiao Geng & Tusheng Xiao & Chun Yuan & Yanan Zhang, 2021. "Follow friends to invest: evidence from the information role of weak ties," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 61(5), pages 5999-6035, December.
- Canfei He, 2008. "Foreign Manufacturing Investment in China: The Role of Industrial Agglomeration and Industrial Linkages," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 16(1), pages 82-99, January.
- David Hirshleifer & Siew Hong Teoh, 2003.
"Herd Behaviour and Cascading in Capital Markets: a Review and Synthesis,"
European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(1), pages 25-66, March.
- Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2001. "Herd Behavior and Cascading in Capital Markets: A Review and Synthesis," MPRA Paper 5186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ly, Amadú & Esperança, José & Davcik, Nebojsa S., 2018. "What drives foreign direct investment: The role of language, geographical distance, information flows and technological similarity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 111-122.
- Pinheiro-Alves, Ricardo, 2011. "Behavioural influences in Portuguese foreign direct investment," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 394-403, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cje:issued:v:34:y:2001:i:2:p:448-464. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ceaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Prof. Werner Antweiler (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ceaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.