Chapter 5: Global warming: The neglected supply side
This chapter addresses one of the most long-term issues for mankind: global warming. The chapter points out that most existing analyses have neglected the supply side. Without a proper analysis of supply-side effects, demand-reducing measures, which are generally regarded as selfevident solutions (such as emission permits, taxes on fossil fuels and the subsidisation of alternative energy sources) risk being ineffective and in fact counterproductive.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): (02)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Poschingerstrasse 5, 81679 Munich|
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo-group.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2008.
"Das grüne Paradoxon: Warum man das Angebot bei der Klimapolitik nicht vergessen darf,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9(s1), pages 109-142, 05.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2008. "Das grüne Paradoxon: Warum man das Angebot bei der Klimapolitik nicht vergessen darf," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9(3), pages 109-142, 08.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 2008. "Das grüne Paradoxon: Warum man das Angebot bei der Klimapolitik nicht vergessen darf," Munich Reprints in Economics 19631, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2008. "Das grüne Paradoxon: Warum man das Angebot bei der Klimapolitik nicht vergessen darf," ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 54, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Long, Ngo Van & Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1985. "Surprise Price Shifts, Tax Changes and the Supply Behaviour of Resource Extracting Firms," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(45), pages 278-289, December.
- Solow, Robert M, 1974. "The Economics of Resources or the Resources of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 1-14, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:eeagre:v::y:2008:i::p:125-139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.