Monetary policy at crisis times
Working in a financial crisis environment is one of the most stressing tasks for a central banker. In order to diffuse a financial crisis, preventive policies, are of vital importance yet they cannot remove all disruptions that could lead to a crisis. Therefore, when a crisis emerges, risk management is of crucial importance. Risk management requires the utilisation of all available monetary policy instruments, as well as many unconventional instruments that would otherwise be considered as unacceptable in normal times. The paper discusses which actions a central bank should take at a down of a crisis, including the instruments from the “psychological arsenal” such as crisis PR and deposit insurance.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bulevar Svetog Petra Cetinjskog br. 6, 81000 Podgorica|
Phone: +382 20 403 136
Fax: +382 20 664 029
Web page: http://www.cbcg.me/eng/index.php?bl=journal
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barth,James R. & Caprio,Gerard & Levine,Ross, 2008.
"Rethinking Bank Regulation,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521709309, January.
- Barth,James R. & Caprio,Gerard & Levine,Ross, 2006. "Rethinking Bank Regulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521855761, January.
- Bofinger, Peter, 2001. "Monetary Policy: Goals, Institutions, Strategies, and Instruments," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199248568, April.
- Bindseil, Ulrich, 2004. "Monetary Policy Implementation: Theory, past, and present," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199274543, April.
- Jonathan David Ostry & Atish R. Ghosh & Karl F Habermeier & Marcos d Chamon & Mahvash S Qureshi & Dennis B. S. Reinhardt, 2010. "Capital Inflows; The Role of Controls," IMF Staff Position Notes 2010/04, International Monetary Fund. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbk:journl:v:1:y:2012:i:1:p:5-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.