Large-Value Payment System Design and Risk Management
This article considers how wholesale (also often called large-value) payment systems can be organised, how they have evolved over recent decades and what are the forces currently at play in shaping settlement mechanisms.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box No. 559, Dame Street, Dublin 2|
Phone: (01) 671 6666
Fax: (01) 671 6561
Web page: http://www.centralbank.ie
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark J Manning & Matthew Willison, 2006. "Modelling the cross-border use of collateral in payment systems," Bank of England working papers 286, Bank of England.
- Charles M. Kahn & William Roberds, 1999. "The design of wholesale payments networks: the importance of incentives," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q3, pages 30-39.
- Antoine Martin & James J. McAndrews, 2008. "An economic analysis of liquidity-saving mechanisms," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 25-39.
- Leinonen, Harry & Soramäki, Kimmo, 2003. "Simulating interbank payments and securities settlement mechanism with the BoF-PSS2 simulator," Research Discussion Papers 23/2003, Bank of Finland.
- William R. Emmons, 1997. "Recent developments in wholesale payments systems," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 23-43.
- Morten L. Bech & Christine Preisig & Kimmo Soramäki, 2008. "Global trends in large-value payments," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 59-81.
- Simon Buckle & Erin Campbell, 2003. "Settlement bank behaviour and throughput rules in an RTGS payment system with collateralised intraday credit," Bank of England working papers 209, Bank of England.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbi:qtbart:y:2011:m:01:p:78-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Smith)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.