Réforme de la protection de l'emploi et inégalités face au chômage dans un modèle d'appariement
This article studies the impact of experience rating on unemployment for skilled and unskilled workers. In this purpose, we build a dual matching model with endogenous job creation, job rejection, job destruction and endogeneous taxes aimed at financing the UI system. In this framework, the impact of employment protection differs for skilled and unskilled workers; experience rating may improve the labour market outcomes, and the existence of some undesirable effects depends on the degree of substitution between the experience rating system and existing employment protection schemes. In any case, the potential problems can be alleviated by the induced rise in the return to skill. JEL Classification : I20 ; J20 ; J60.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 76 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-recherches-economiques-de-louvain.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olivier L'Haridon & Franck Malherbet, 2003. "Protection de l’emploi et performance du marché du travail," Working Papers 2003-19, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Michel, Philippe, 1996.
"Minimum wage unemployment and growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1463-1482, August.
- Pauline Givord & Eric Maurin, 2001. "Changes in Job Stability and their Causes : An Empirical Analysis Method applied to France, 1982-2000," Working Papers 2001-07, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- DREZE, Jacques H. & SNEESSENS, Henri, 1994. "Technical Development, Competition from Low-Wage Economies and Low-Skilled Unemployment," CORE Discussion Papers 1994036, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Steeve Mongrain & Joanne Roberts, 2005. "Unemployment Insurance And Experience Rating: Insurance Versus Efficiency ," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1303-1319, November.
- Daniel Cohen & Arnaud Lefranc & Gilles Saint-Paul, 1997. "French unemployment: a transatlantic perspective," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 12(25), pages 265-292, October.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Malherbet, Franck, 2004.
"Unemployment compensation finance and labor market rigidity,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 481-501, March.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Malherbet, Franck, 2002. "Unemployment Compensation Finance and Labour Market Rigidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3512, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Malherbet, Franck, 2002. "Unemployment Compensation Finance and Labor Market Rigidity," IZA Discussion Papers 581, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pierre Cahuc & Franck Malherbet, 2001. "Unemployment Compensation Finance and Labor Market Rigidity," Working Papers 2001-37, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Etienne Wasmer, 2006. "General versus Specific Skills in Labor Markets with Search Frictions and Firing Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(3), pages 811-831, June.
- Olivier Charlot, 2006. "Éducation, destruction des emplois et performance du marché du travail dans un modèle d'appariement," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(1), pages 5-33.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:reldbu:rel_761_0057. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.