Psychologie individuelle et stabilité d'un équilibre général concurrentiel dans le Traité d'économie pure de Maurice Allais
This article analyses Maurice Allais’s contribution to the study of the stability of a competitive equilibrium. In his Traité d’économie pure , he demonstrates the local stability of a walrasian economy under a set of hypothesis tantamount to gross substitutability (Negishi ). However, it would be unfair to reduce his contribution to this set of sufficient conditions. Allais’s purpose is much more ambitious, to the extent that he endeavours to ground stability on a set of introspectively appealing assumptions, built on a detailed and sophisticated theory of choice. He aims at conciliating the realism of assumptions and the logical rigor of the demonstration. In this article, we highlight the psychological foundations of general equilibrium analysis in Allais’s thought. Classification JEL : B21, B31.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Weber, Christian E., 2000. "Two further empirical implications of Auspitz-Lieben-Edgeworth-Pareto complementarity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 289-295, June.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1989:i:14:p:02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Allais, Maurice, 1997.
"An Outline of My Main Contributions to Economic Science,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(6), pages 3-12, December.
- Allais, Maurice, 1988. "An Outline of My Main Contributions to Economic Science," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1988-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- F. A.v. Hayek, 1943. "The Geometrical Representation of Complementarity," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 122-125.
- Dreze, Jacques H, 1989. " Maurice Allais and the French Marginalist School," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(1), pages 5-16.
- Chipman, John S., 1977. "An empirical implication of Auspitz-Lieben-Edgeworth-Pareto complementarity," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 228-231, February.
- Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1973. "Do Walras' identity and continuity characterize the class of community excess demand functions?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 345-354, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)