Psychologie individuelle et stabilité d'un équilibre général concurrentiel dans le Traité d'économie pure de Maurice Allais
This article analyses Maurice Allais?'s contribution to the study of the stability of a competitive equilibrium. In his Traité d?'économie pure , he demonstrates the local stability of a walrasian economy under a set of hypothesis tantamount to gross substitutability (Negishi ). However, it would be unfair to reduce his contribution to this set of sufficient conditions. Allais?'s purpose is much more ambitious, to the extent that he endeavours to ground stability on a set of introspectively appealing assumptions, built on a detailed and sophisticated theory of choice. He aims at conciliating the realism of assumptions and the logical rigor of the demonstration. In this article, we highlight the psychological foundations of general equilibrium analysis in Allais?'s thought.Classification JEL : B21, B31.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Weber, Christian E., 2000. "Two further empirical implications of Auspitz-Lieben-Edgeworth-Pareto complementarity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 289-295, June.
- Jean-Michel GRANDMONT, 1989. "Rapport sur les travaux scientifiques de Maurice Allais," Annales d'Economie et de Statistique, ENSAE, issue 14, pages 25-38.
- Allais, Maurice, 1997.
"An Outline of My Main Contributions to Economic Science,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(6), pages 3-12, December.
- Allais, Maurice, 1988. "An Outline of My Main Contributions to Economic Science," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1988-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1973. "Do Walras' identity and continuity characterize the class of community excess demand functions?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 345-354, August.
- Chipman, John S., 1977. "An empirical implication of Auspitz-Lieben-Edgeworth-Pareto complementarity," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 228-231, February.
- Dreze, Jacques H, 1989. " Maurice Allais and the French Marginalist School," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(1), pages 5-16.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:recosp:reco_564_0855. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.