EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTIVITY CHANGE IN THE ENGLISH HIGHER EDUCATION SECTOR FROM 1996/97 TO 2004/5
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Worthington, 2001. "An Empirical Survey of Frontier Efficiency Measurement Techniques in Education," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 245-268.
- Antreas Athanassopoulos & Estelle Shale, 1997. "Assessing the Comparative Efficiency of Higher Education Institutions in the UK by the Means of Data Envelopment Analysis," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 117-134.
- Ray, Subhash C & Desli, Evangelia, 1997. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1033-1039, December.
- A. T. Flegg & D. O. Allen, 2007. "Does Expansion Cause Congestion? The Case of the Older British Universities, 1994-2004," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 75-102.
- Colin Glass, J. & McCallion, Gillian & McKillop, Donal G. & Rasaratnam, Syamarlah & Stringer, Karl S., 2006. "Implications of variant efficiency measures for policy evaluations in UK higher education," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 119-142, June.
- Johnes, Jill, 2006. "Data envelopment analysis and its application to the measurement of efficiency in higher education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 273-288, June.
- Geraint Johnes & Jill Johnes (ed.), 2004. "International Handbook on the Economics of Education," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2847.
- A. T. Flegg & D. O. Allen & K. Field & T. W. Thurlow, 2004. "Measuring the efficiency of British universities: a multi-period data envelopment analysis," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 231-249.
- Abbott, M. & Doucouliagos, C., 2003. "The efficiency of Australian universities: a data envelopment analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-97, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jill Johnes, 2014. "Efficiency and Mergers in English Higher Education 1996/97 to 2008/9: Parametric and Non-parametric Estimation of the Multi-input Multi-output Distance Function," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 82(4), pages 465-487, July.
- Kristof de Witte & Laura López-Torres, 2015. "Efficiency in Education. A Review of Literature and a Way Forward," Working Papers 1501, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Apr 2015.
- Daraio, Cinzia & Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Simar, Léopold, 2015.
"Rankings and university performance: A conditional multidimensional approach,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 244(3), pages 918-930.
- Cinzia Daraio & Andrea Bonaccorsi & Leopold Simar, 2014. "Rankings and university performance: a conditional multidimensional approach," DIAG Technical Reports 2014-09, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- Gawellek, Bastian & Sunder, Marco, 2016. "The German excellence initiative and efficiency change among universities, 2001-2011," Working Papers 142, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Podinovski, Victor V. & Ismail, Ihsan & Bouzdine-Chameeva, Tatiana & Zhang, Wenjuan, 2014. "Combining the assumptions of variable and constant returns to scale in the efficiency evaluation of secondary schools," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(2), pages 504-513.
- Thomas Bolli & Mehdi Farsi, 2015. "The dynamics of productivity in Swiss universities," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 21-38, August.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:250:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-1854-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristian Barra & Roberto Zotti, 2016. "Measuring Efficiency in Higher Education: An Empirical Study Using a Bootstrapped Data Envelopment Analysis," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 22(1), pages 11-33, February.
- Calogero Guccio & Marco Ferdinando Martorana & Luisa Monaco, 2016. "Evaluating the impact of the Bologna Process on the efficiency convergence of Italian universities: a non-parametric frontier approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 275-298, June.
- Mad Ithnin Salleh & Shariffah Nur Illiana Syed Ismail & Nurul Fadly Habidin & Nor Azrin Md Latip, 2016. "Efficiency and Productivity Changes of the Malaysian Community Colleges," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 6(12), pages 407-424, December.
- Marcel Clermont, 2016. "Effectiveness and efficiency of research in Germany over time: an analysis of German business schools between 2001 and 2009," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 108(3), pages 1347-1381, September.
- repec:eee:infome:v:12:y:2018:i:1:p:10-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ruiz, José L. & Segura, José V. & Sirvent, Inmaculada, 2015. "Benchmarking and target setting with expert preferences: An application to the evaluation of educational performance of Spanish universities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(2), pages 594-605.
- Tommaso Agasisti & Joanna Wolszczak-Derlacz, 2016. "Exploring efficiency differentials between Italian and Polish universities, 2001–11," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(1), pages 128-142.
- repec:bla:asiaec:v:31:y:2017:i:3:p:253-273 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dag Fjeld Edvardsen & Finn R. Førsund & Sverre A. C. Kittelsen, 2017.
"Productivity development of Norwegian institutions of higher education 2004–2013,"
Journal of the Operational Research Society,
Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 68(4), pages 399-415, April.
- Edvardsen, Dag Fjeld & Førsund, Finn & Kittelsen, Sverre A. C, 2016. "Productivity Development of Norwegian Institutions of Higher Education 2004 – 2013," Memorandum 04/2016, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Liang Zhang & Wei Bao & Liang Sun, 2016. "Resources and Research Production in Higher Education: A Longitudinal Analysis of Chinese Universities, 2000–2010," Research in Higher Education, Springer;Association for Institutional Research, vol. 57(7), pages 869-891, November.
- Sagarra, Marti & Mar-Molinero, Cecilio & Agasisti, Tommaso, 2017. "Exploring the efficiency of Mexican universities: Integrating Data Envelopment Analysis and Multidimensional Scaling," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 123-133.
- Calogero Guccio & Marco Ferdinando Martorana & Isidoro Mazza, 2016. "Efficiency assessment and convergence in teaching and research in Italian public universities," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 107(3), pages 1063-1094, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:manchs:v:76:y:2008:i:6:p:653-674. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/semanuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.