The Determinants of Conditional Autocorrelation in Stock Returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wood, Robert A & McInish, Thomas H & Ord, J Keith, 1985. " An Investigation of Transactions Data for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 723-739, July.
- Yan He & Chunchi Wu, 2003. "The Post-Reform Bid-Ask Spread Disparity between Nasdaq and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 26(2), pages 207-224.
- McInish, Thomas H & Wood, Robert A, 1992. " An Analysis of Intraday Patterns in Bid/Ask Spreads for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 753-764, June.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Phillips Kugele, Lynn & McInish, Thomas H. & Van Ness, Bonnie F. & Van Ness, Robert A., 2000. "Competition from the limit order book and NYSE spreads," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 31-42, January.
- Foster, F. Douglas & Viswanathan, S., 1994. "Strategic Trading with Asymmetrically Informed Traders and Long-Lived Information," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(04), pages 499-518, December.
- Michael J. Barclay & William G. Christie & Jeffrey H. Harris & Eugene Kandel & Paul H. Schultz, 1999. "Effects of Market Reform on the Trading Costs and Depths of Nasdaq Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 1-34, February.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1992.
" Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 607-641, June.
- Ananth N. Madhavan, "undated". "Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stoll, Hans R & Whaley, Robert E, 1990. "Stock Market Structure and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 37-71.
- Chung, Kee H. & Van Ness, Robert A., 2001. "Order handling rules, tick size, and the intraday pattern of bid-ask spreads for Nasdaq stocks," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 143-161, April.
- Chan, Kalok & Chung, Y. Peter & Johnson, Herb, 1995. "The Intraday Behavior of Bid-Ask Spreads for NYSE Stocks and CBOE Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(03), pages 329-346, September.
- Chan, K C & Christie, William G & Schultz, Paul H, 1995. "Market Structure and the Intraday Pattern of Bid-Ask Spreads for NASDAQ Securities," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(1), pages 35-60, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henryk GURGUL & Tomasz WÓJTOWICZ, 2006. "Long Memory on the German Stock Exchange," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 56(09-10), pages 447-468, September.
- Dietmar Maringer & Tikesh Ramtohul, 2012. "Regime-switching recurrent reinforcement learning for investment decision making," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 89-107, February.
- Chen, Carl R. & Su, Yuli & Huang, Ying, 2008. "Hourly index return autocorrelation and conditional volatility in an EAR-GJR-GARCH model with generalized error distribution," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 789-798, September.
- Chau, Frankie & Deesomsak, Rataporn & Lau, Marco C.K., 2011. "Investor sentiment and feedback trading: Evidence from the exchange-traded fund markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 292-305.
- Chia-Hao Lee & Shuh-Chyi Doong & Pei-I Chou, 2011. "Dynamic correlation between stock prices and exchange rates," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(11), pages 789-800.
- Warren Dean & Robert Faff, 2008. "Evidence of feedback trading with Markov switching regimes," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 133-151, February.
- Henryk Gurgul & Roland Mestel & Tomasz Wojtowicz, 2007.
"Distribution of volume on the American stock market,"
AGH University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Management, vol. 1, pages 143-163.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Mestel, Roland & Wójtowicz, Tomasz, 2007. "Distribution of Volume on the American Stock Market," MPRA Paper 68572, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Hou, Yang & Li, Steven, 2014. "The impact of the CSI 300 stock index futures: Positive feedback trading and autocorrelation of stock returns," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 319-337.
- Tomasz Wojtowicz & Henryk Gurgul, 2009. "Long memory of volatility measures in time series," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 1, pages 37-54.
- Henryk Gurgul & Tomasz Wojtowicz, 2006. "Long-run properties of trading volume and volatility of equities listed in DJIA index," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 3, pages 29-56.
- Chau, Frankie & Deesomsak, Rataporn, 2015. "Business cycle variation in positive feedback trading: Evidence from the G-7 economies," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 147-159.
- Gębka, Bartosz & Wohar, Mark E., 2013. "The determinants of quantile autocorrelations: Evidence from the UK," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 51-61.
- McKenzie, Michael D. & Kim, Suk-Joong, 2007. "Evidence of an asymmetry in the relationship between volatility and autocorrelation," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 22-40.
- Kinnunen, Jyri, 2017. "Dynamic cross-autocorrelation in stock returns," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 162-173.
- Henryk Gurgul & Pawel Majdosz, 2006. "The impact of institutional investors on risk and stock return autocorrelation in the context of the polish pension reform," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 2, pages 5-30.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfnres:v:26:y:2003:i:2:p:259-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.