The USPTO Trademark Case Files Dataset: Descriptions, Lessons, and Insights
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mendonca, Sandro & Pereira, Tiago Santos & Godinho, Manuel Mira, 2004.
"Trademarks as an indicator of innovation and industrial change,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1385-1404, November.
- Sandro MendonÃ§a & Tiago Santos Pereira & Manuel Mira Godinho, 2004. "Trademarks as an Indicator of Innovation and Industrial Change," LEM Papers Series 2004/15, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Ulrich Schmoch, 2003. "Service marks as novel innovation indicator," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 149-156, August.
- Matthias Gotsch & Christiane Hipp, 2011. "Measurement of innovation activities in the knowledge-intensive services industry: a trademark approach," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(13), pages 2167-2184, March.
- Marco Ceccagnoli & Stuart J.H. Graham & Matthew J. Higgins & Jeongsik Lee, 2010. "Productivity and the role of complementary assets in firms' demand for technology innovations," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 839-869, June.
- Landes, William M & Posner, Richard A, 1987. "Trademark Law: An Economic Perspective," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 265-309, October.
- Ulrich Schmoch & Stephan Gauch, 2009. "Service marks as indicators for innovation in knowledge-based services," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(4), pages 323-335, October.
- Graevenitz, Georg von, 2007. "Which Reputations Does a Brand Owner Need? Evidence from Trade Mark Opposition," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 215, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Flikkema, M.J. & Man, A.P. de & Wolters, M.J.J., 2010. "New trademark registration as an indicator of innovation: results of an explorative study of Benelux trademark data," Serie Research Memoranda 0009, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Bei, Xiaoshu, 2019. "Trademarks, specialized complementary assets, and the external sourcing of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(9), pages 1-1.
- Stephen Petrie & Mitchell Adams & Ben Mitra‐Kahn & Matthew Johnson & Russell Thomson & Paul Jensen & Alfons Palangkaraya & Elizabeth Webster, 2020. "TM‐Link: An Internationally Linked Trademark Database," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 53(2), pages 254-269, June.
- Sandner, Philipp G. & Block, Joern, 2011. "The market value of R&D, patents, and trademarks," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 969-985, September.
- Castaldi, Carolina, 2018. "To trademark or not to trademark: The case of the creative and cultural industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 606-616.
- Godinho, Manuel Mira & Ferreira, Vítor, 2012. "Analyzing the evidence of an IPR take-off in China and India," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 499-511.
- Crass, Dirk & Schwiebacher, Franz, 2013. "Do trademarks diminish the substitutability of products in innovative knowledge-intensive services?," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-061, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Crass, Dirk, 2020.
"Which firms use trademarks? Firm-level evidence from Germany on the role of distance, product quality and innovation,"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 730-755.
- Dirk Crass, 2020. "Which firms use trademarks? Firm-level evidence from Germany on the role of distance, product quality and innovation," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(7), pages 730-755, August.
- Herz, Benedikt & Mejer, Malwina, 2019. "Effects of the European Union trademark: Lessons for the harmonization of intellectual property systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 1841-1854.
- Castaldi Carolina & Mafini Dosso, 2018. "From R&D to market: using trademarks to capture the market capability of top R&D investors," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2018-01, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Georg von Graevenitz & Stuart J. H. Graham & Amanda F. Myers, 2022.
"Distance (still) hampers diffusion of innovations,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(2), pages 227-241, February.
- Georg von Graevenitz & Stuart J.H. Graham & Amanda Myers, 2019. "Distance (Still) Hampers Diffusion of Innovations," Working Papers 98, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Georg von Graevenitz & Stuart J. H. Graham & Amanda Myers, 2019. "Distance (Still) Hampers Diffusion of Innovations," Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Competition Policy (CCP) 2019-05R, Centre for Competition Policy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Teresa Silva Lopes & Paulo Guimaraes, 2014. "Trademarks and British dominance in consumer goods, 1876–1914," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 67(3), pages 793-817, August.
- Rammer, Christian & Es-Sadki, Nordine, 2022. "Using big data for generating firm-level innovation indicators: A literature review," ZEW Discussion Papers 22-007, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Long, Vicky, 2019. "IPRs and Appropriability in the Digital Era: Evidence from the Swedish Video (Computer) Games Industry," Ratio Working Papers 329, The Ratio Institute.
- Suma Athreye & Claudio Fassio, 2020.
"Why do innovators not apply for trademarks? The role of information asymmetries and collaborative innovation,"
Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(1-2), pages 134-154, February.
- Athreye, Suma & Fassio, Claudio, 2019. "Why do innovators not apply for trademarks? The role of information asymmetries and collaborative innovation," Papers in Innovation Studies 2019/2, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Yougen Cao & Shengce Ren & Mei Du, 2022. "Strategic trademark management: a systematic literature review and prospects for future research," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 29(5), pages 435-453, September.
- Crass, Dirk, 2014. "Which firms use trademarks - and why? Representative firm-level evidence from Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-118, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Berger, Marius & Boockmann, Bernhard & Felbermayr, Gabriel & Klempt, Charlotte & Koch, Andreas & Kohler, Wilhelm K. & Lerch, Christian & Neuhäusler, Peter & Rammer, Christian, 2017. "Strukturanalyse und Perspektiven des Wirtschaftsstandortes Baden-Württemberg im nationalen und internationalen Vergleich. Abschlussbericht," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research, number 172787, March.
- Stuart J. H. Graham & Alan C. Marco & Amanda F. Myers, 2018. "Monetizing marks: Insights from the USPTO Trademark Assignment Dataset," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 403-432, September.
- Berger Florian, 2012. "Measuring the Knowledge Economy – Intangible Spending and Investment in Germany," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 232(1), pages 12-30, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jemstr:v:22:y:2013:i:4:p:669-705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/research/journals/JEMS/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/research/journals/JEMS/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.