The Active Board Of Directors And Its Effect On The Performance Of The Large Publicly Traded Corporation
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Renee B. Adams & Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2010.
"The Role of Boards of Directors in Corporate Governance: A Conceptual Framework and Survey,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 48(1), pages 58-107, March.
- Renée Adams & Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2008. "The Role of Boards of Directors in Corporate Governance: A Conceptual Framework and Survey," NBER Working Papers 14486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adams, Renee & Hermalin, Benjamin E. & Weisbach, Michael S., 2009. "The Role of Boards of Directors in Corporate Governance: A Conceptual Framework and Survey," Working Paper Series 2008-21, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Fernández Méndez, Carlos & Pathan, Shams & Arrondo García, Rubén, 2015. "Monitoring capabilities of busy and overlap directors: Evidence from Australia," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 35(PA), pages 444-469.
- Enrichetta Ravina & Paola Sapienza, 2010.
"What Do Independent Directors Know? Evidence from Their Trading,"
NBER Chapters, in: Corporate Governance,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enrichetta Ravina & Paola Sapienza, 2010. "What Do Independent Directors Know? Evidence from Their Trading," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(3), pages 962-1003, March.
- Enrichetta Ravina & Paola Sapienza, 2006. "What Do Independent Directors Know? Evidence from Their Trading," NBER Working Papers 12765, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ravina, Enrichetta & Sapienza, Paola, 2007. "What Do Independent Directors Know? Evidence from Their Trading," CEPR Discussion Papers 6046, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Enrichetta Ravina & Paola Sapienza, 2006. "What Do Outside Directors Know? Evidence From Outsider Trading," 2006 Meeting Papers 882, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Georges Dionne & Thouraya Triki, 2005. "Risk Management and Corporate Governance: the Importance of Independence and Financial Knowledge for the Board and the Audit Committee," Cahiers de recherche 0515, CIRPEE.
- Adi Masli & Matthew G. Sherwood & Rajendra P. Srivastava, 2018. "Attributes and Structure of an Effective Board of Directors: A Theoretical Investigation," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 54(4), pages 485-523, December.
- Gleason, Kimberly C. & Madura, Jeff & Subrahmanyam, Vijaya, 2007. "Stock exchange governance initiatives: Evidence from the Italian STARs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 141-159, January.
- Paolo Santella & Giulia Paone & Carlo Drago, "undated".
"How Independent Are Independent Directors? The Case Of Italy,"
German Working Papers in Law and Economics
2006-1-1148, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Paolo Santella & Giulia Paone & Carlo Drago, 2005. "How Independent are Independent Directors? The Case of Italy," Finance 0512026, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Clara Graziano & Annalisa Luporini, 2003. "Board Efficiency and Internal Corporate Control Mechanisms," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 495-530, December.
- Paolo, Santella & Carlo, Drago & Giulia, Paone, 2007. "Who cares about Director Independence?," MPRA Paper 2288, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wided Bouaine & Lanouar Charfeddine & Mohamed Arouri & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "The influence of CEO departure type and board characteristics on firm performance," Working Papers 2014-87, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Hunton, James E. & Rose, Jacob M., 2008. "Can directors' self-interests influence accounting choices?," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 783-800.
- Ã˜yvind BÃ¸hren & Siv Staubo, 2016. "Mandatory Gender Balance and Board Independence," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 22(1), pages 3-30, January.
- Constantinos Chalevas & Christos Tzovas, 2010. "The effect of the mandatory adoption of corporate governance mechanisms on earnings manipulation, management effectiveness and firm financing: Evidence from Greece," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 257-277, February.
- Damon Fleming & Chee Chow & Wenbing Su, 2010. "An Exploratory Study of Chinese Accounting Students’ and Auditors’ Audit-specific Ethical Reasoning," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 94(3), pages 353-369, July.
- Pollio, Gerald & Uchida, Koichi, 1999. "Management background, corporate governance and industrial restructuring: the Japanese upstream petroleum industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(14), pages 813-832, December.
- Harakeh, Mostafa & El-Gammal, Walid & Matar, Ghida, 2019. "Female directors, earnings management, and CEO incentive compensation: UK evidence," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 153-170.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jacrfn:v:11:y:1999:i:4:p:8-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1078-1196 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.