Finite-Sample Properties of the Maximum Likelihood Estimator in GARCH(1,1) and IGARCH(1,1) Models: A Monte Carlo Investigation
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manabu Asai & Michael McAleer, 2009.
"Dynamic Conditional Correlations for Asymmetric Processes,"
CIRJE-F-657, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Manabu Asai & Michael McAleer, 2011. "Dynamic Conditional Correlations for Asymmetric Processes," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2011-30, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Manabu Asai & Michael McAleer, 2009. "Dynamic Conditional Correlations for Asymmetric Processes," CARF F-Series CARF-F-168, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Manabu Asai & Michael McAleer, 2010. "Dynamic Conditional Correlations for Asymmetric Processes," KIER Working Papers 747, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Asai, M. & McAleer, M.J., 2010. "Dynamic Conditional Correlations for Asymmetric Processes," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2010-76, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Manabu Asai & Michael McAleer, 2010. "Dynamic Conditional Correlations for Asymmetric Processes," Working Papers in Economics 10/76, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Christiansen, Charlotte, 2002.
"Credit spreads and the term structure of interest rates,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 279-295.
- Christiansen, Charlotte, 2000. "Credit Spreads and the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Finance Working Papers 00-14, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- LeBaron, Blake, 2003. "Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance,: Philip Hans Franses and Dick van Dijk, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2000, 296 pp., Paperback, ISBN 0-521-77965-0, $33, [UK pound]22.95, [," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 751-752.
- Xu, Xinzhong & Taylor, Stephen J., 1995. "Conditional volatility and the informational efficiency of the PHLX currency options market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 803-821, August.
- Marcel P. Visser, 2011.
"GARCH Parameter Estimation Using High-Frequency Data,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 9(1), pages 162-197, Winter.
- Visser, Marcel P., 2008. "Garch Parameter Estimation Using High-Frequency Data," MPRA Paper 9076, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Teruo Nakatsuma & Hiroki Tsurumi, 1996. "ARMA-GARCH Models: Bayes Estimation Versus MLE, and Bayes Non-stationarity Test," Departmental Working Papers 199619, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Stelios Arvanitis & Antonis Demos, "undated". "A Class of Indirect Inference Estimators: Higher Order Asymptotics and Approximate Bias Correction (Revised)," DEOS Working Papers 1411, Athens University of Economics and Business, revised 23 Sep 2014.
- Denise R. Osborn & Christos S. Savva & Len Gill, 2008.
"Periodic Dynamic Conditional Correlations between Stock Markets in Europe and the US,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 6(3), pages 307-325, Summer.
- Christos S. Savva & Denise R. Osborn & Len Gill, 2006. "Periodic Dynamic Conditional Correlations between Stock Markets in Europe and the US," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0629, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Christos S. Savva & Denise R. Osborn & Len Gill, 2006. "Periodic Dynamic Conditional Correlations between Stock Markets in Europe and the US," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 77, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Hill, Jonathan B. & Prokhorov, Artem, 2016.
"GEL estimation for heavy-tailed GARCH models with robust empirical likelihood inference,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 190(1), pages 18-45.
- Hill, Jonathan B. & Prokhorov, Artem, 2015. "GEL Estimation for Heavy-Tailed GARCH Models with Robust Empirical Likelihood Inference," Working Papers 2015-03, University of Sydney Business School, Discipline of Business Analytics.
- Martens, Martin, 2001. "Forecasting daily exchange rate volatility using intraday returns," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Ghysels, Eric, 1996.
"Periodic Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 14(2), pages 139-151, April.
- Bollerslev, T. & Ghysels, E., 1994. "Periodic Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Cahiers de recherche 9408, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Bollerslev, T. & Ghysels, E., 1994. "Periodic Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Cahiers de recherche 9408, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Rodrigo Alfaro & Carmen Gloria Silva, 2008. "Measuring Equity Volatility: the case of Chilean Stock Index," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 462, Central Bank of Chile.
- Till Strohsal & Enzo Weber, 2014.
"Mean-variance cointegration and the expectations hypothesis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(11), pages 1983-1997, November.
- Strohsal, Till & Weber, Enzo, 2010. "Mean-Variance Cointegration and the Expectations Hypothesis," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 442, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- Till Strohsal & Enzo Weber, 2011. "Mean-Variance Cointegration and the Expectations Hypothesis," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-007, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Deb, Partha, 1997. "Finite sample properties of the ARCH class of models with stochastic volatility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 27-34, August.
- Farooq Malik, 2015. "Revisiting the relationship between risk and return," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 25-40, January.
- Stanislav Anatolyev & Stanislav Khrapov, 2015. "Right on Target, or Is it? The Role of Distributional Shape in Variance Targeting," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(3), pages 1-23, August.
- Benedicto Lukanima & Raymond Swaray, 2014. "Market Reforms and Commodity Price Volatility: The Case of East African Coffee Market," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(8), pages 1152-1185, August.
- Błażej Mazur & Mateusz Pipień, 2012. "On the Empirical Importance of Periodicity in the Volatility of Financial Returns - Time Varying GARCH as a Second Order APC(2) Process," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 4(2), pages 95-116, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlbes:v:13:y:1995:i:1:p:1-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.