Industry Analysis of Pawnshop in the Philippine
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Caskey, John P, 1991.
"Pawnbroking in America: The Economics of a Forgotten Credit Market,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(1), pages 85-99, February.
- John P. Caskey, 1989. "Pawnbroking in America: the economics of forgotten credit market," Research Working Paper 89-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Balbosa, Joven Zamoras, 1988. "Informal Savings and Credit Institutions in the Urban Areas: The Case of Cooperative Credit Unions," Working Papers WP 1988-06, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- John P. Caskey & Brian J. Zikmund, 1990. "Pawnshops: the consumer's lender of last resort," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, vol. 75(Mar), pages 5-18.
- Abeer Alatrash, 2018. "Impact of Using Total Quality Management on the FinancialPerformance of Companies Listed on the Palestine Exchange," International Journal of Business and Economic Affairs (IJBEA), Sana N. Maswadeh, vol. 3(6), pages 244-252.
- Galbreath, Jeremy & Galvin, Peter, 2008. "Firm factors, industry structure and performance variation: New empirical evidence to a classic debate," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 109-117, February.
- Lamberte, Mario B., 1988. "The Financial Markets in Low-Income Urban Communities: The Case of Sapang Palay," Working Papers WP 1988-05, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Ajab Khan Burki, 2017. "Financial crisis and determinants of capital structure of investment banking sector in Pakistan," Journal of Administrative and Business Studies, Professor Dr. Usman Raja, vol. 3(3), pages 154-161.
- Paige Marta Skiba & Jeremy Tobacman, 2019. "Do Payday Loans Cause Bankruptcy?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(3), pages 485-519.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cacnio, Faith Christian Q., 2001. "Microfinance Approach to Housing: The Community Mortgage Program," Discussion Papers DP 2001-28, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Eoin McLaughlin & Rowena Pecchenino, 2022.
"Fringe banking and financialization: Pawnbroking in pre‐famine and famine Ireland,"
Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 75(3), pages 903-931, August.
- Eoin McLaughlin & Rowena Pecchenino, 2021. "Fringe Banking and Financialisation: Pawnbroking in pre-famine and famine Ireland," Working Papers 0215, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Rowena Pecchenino & Eoin McLaughlin Author-Workplace-University College Cork, 2021. "Fringe Banking and Financialisation: Pawnbroking in pre-famine and famine Ireland," Economics Department Working Paper Series n313-21.pdf, Department of Economics, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- J. Brandon Bolen & Gregory Elliehausen & Thomas W. Miller, 2020. "Do Consumers Need More Protection From Small‐Dollar Lenders? Historical Evidence And A Roadmap For Future Research," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 58(4), pages 1577-1613, October.
- Daniel Bjorkegren & Joshua Blumenstock & Omowunmi Folajimi-Senjobi & Jacqueline Mauro & Suraj R. Nair, 2022. "Instant Loans Can Lift Subjective Well-Being: A Randomized Evaluation of Digital Credit in Nigeria," Papers 2202.13540, arXiv.org.
- Elango, B. & Pattnaik, Chinmay, 2013. "Response strategies of local firms to import competition in emerging markets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2460-2465.
- Raza, Syed Ali & Farooq, M. Shoaib & Khan, Nadeem, 2011. "Firm and industry effects on firm profitability: an empirical analysis of KSE," MPRA Paper 36797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saeidi, Sayedeh Parastoo & Sofian, Saudah & Saeidi, Parvaneh & Saeidi, Sayyedeh Parisa & Saaeidi, Seyyed Alireza, 2015. "How does corporate social responsibility contribute to firm financial performance? The mediating role of competitive advantage, reputation, and customer satisfaction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 341-350.
- Kartal Demirgunes, 2016. "The Effect of Liquidity on Financial Performance: Evidence from Turkish Retail Industry," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(4), pages 63-79, April.
- Robin Prager, 2014. "Determinants of the Locations of Alternative Financial Service Providers," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 45(1), pages 21-38, August.
- Robert Collinson & John Eric Humphries & Nicholas S. Mader & Davin K. Reed & Daniel I. Tannenbaum & Winnie van Dijk, 2022.
"Eviction and Poverty in American Cities,"
NBER Working Papers
30382, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Winnie van Dijk & Robert Collinson & John Eric Humphries & Nicholas Mader & Davin Reed & Daniel Tannenbaum, 2022. "Eviction and Poverty in American Cities," Working Papers 2022-24, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Robert Collinson & John Eric Humphries & Nicholas Mader & Davin Reed & Daniel Tannenbaum & Winnie Van Dijk, 2022. "Eviction and Poverty in American Cities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2344, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Robert Collinson & John Eric Humphries & Nicholas Mader & Davin Reed & Daniel Tannenbaum & Winnie van Dijk, 2022. "Eviction and Poverty in American Cities," Working Papers 21-40, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Asma Zgarni & Gharbi Lamia, 2019. "The Impact of Competition Intensity and Strategic Capabilities on Competitive Strategic Business Choices: The Case of Tunisian Manufacturing Industries," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 9(1), pages 144-151.
- Degenshein, Anya, 2017. "Degenshein_Strategies of Valuation," OSF Preprints 6ka29, Center for Open Science.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:312713 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeremy Galbreath, 2016. "When do Board and Management Resources Complement Each Other? A Study of Effects on Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(2), pages 281-292, June.
- Tarun Kumar Soni & Akshita Arora & Thi Le, 2022. "Firm-Specific Determinants of Firm Performance in the Hospitality Sector in India," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 15(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Francisco Gomes & Michael Haliassos & Tarun Ramadorai, 2021.
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 59(3), pages 919-1000, September.
- Gomes, Francisco J & Haliassos, Michael & Ramadorai, Tarun, 2020. "Household Finance," CEPR Discussion Papers 14502, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gomes, Francisco J. & Haliassos, Michael & Ramadorai, Tarun, 2020. "Household finance," IMFS Working Paper Series 138, Goethe University Frankfurt, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability (IMFS).
- Khaled Alsaifi & Marwa Elnahass & Aly Salama, 2020. "Carbon disclosure and financial performance: UK environmental policy," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 711-726, February.
- Viktar Fedaseyeu, 2012.
"Debt Collection Agencies and the Supply of Consumer Credit,"
442, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Viktar Fedaseyeu, 2013. "Debt collection agencies and the supply of consumer credit," Working Papers 13-38, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Viktar Fedaseyeu, 2020. "Debt Collection Agencies and the Supply of Consumer Credit," Working Papers 20-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Viktar Fedaseyeu, 2015. "Debt collection agencies and the supply of consumer credit," Working Papers 15-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Kankam-Kwarteng, Collins & Osman, Barbara & Acheampong, Stephen, 2020. "Performance of restaurants: Recognizing competitive intensity and differentiation strategies," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 25-34.
- Pablo Cotler & Rodrigo Carrillo, 2018. "El Mercado de Préstamos Prendarios en México: Quién lo usa, cuánto cuesta y qué tanta competencia hay," Remef - Revista Mexicana de Economía y Finanzas Nueva Época REMEF (The Mexican Journal of Economics and Finance), Instituto Mexicano de Ejecutivos de Finanzas, IMEF, vol. 13(2), pages 247-272, Abril-Jun.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Koufopoulos, Kostas & Trigilia, Giulio, 2021. "Profiting from the poor in competitive lending markets with adverse selection," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1328, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsPawnshop; collateralized loans; sari-sari store; porters five forces model; and credit;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:apa:ijbaas:2020:p:111-120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://kkgpublications.com/business/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Professor Dr. Bahaudin G. Mujtaba (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://kkgpublications.com/business/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.