Measuring Relative Efficiencies Of Turkish Universities In 2007: A Dea Case Study In R
Measuring relative efficiency of academic units which have similar area of research, methodology and resource profiles, has often been the subject of interest. To have such similarities among those units, make sense for the comparison of those units via data envelopment analysis(DEA). In this paper, we briefly discuss most widely used DEA models sufficient for using on our test case. Then we present our own case, based on 2007 statistics of Turkish universities and some preliminary information about the preferred environment (GNU R) and details of our application experience will follow. After presenting obtained results, some conclusion remarks will be given.
Volume (Year): 11 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (90) (222) 335-0580 x 2743
Fax: (90) (222) 320-1304
Web page: http://www.anadolu.edu.tr/akademik/birim/genelBilgi/205/3429/1
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper & E. Rhodes, 1981. "Evaluating Program and Managerial Efficiency: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to Program Follow Through," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 668-697, June.
- Johnes, Geraint & Johnes, Jill, 1993.
"Measuring the Research Performance of UK Economics Departments: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 45(2), pages 332-47, April.
- G. Johnes & J. Johnes, . "Measuring the Research Performance of UK Economics Departments: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis," Working Papers ec17/90, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Rolf Färe & Worthen Hunsaker, 1986. "Note---Notions of Efficiency and Their Reference Sets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(2), pages 237-243, February.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:and:journl:v:11:y:2011:i:1:p:13-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Social Sciences Institute)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.