Outward Fdi And The Investment Development Path In Romania
Outward foreign direct investment (FDI) represents the present way for Central and Eastern European countries reintegration in the global economy, coming next after foreign trade and FDI inflows liberalization. Analyzing the multinationals location factors, Dunning explains in his theories the relationship between a country’s development level and its net international investment position. This relationship was recently empirically tested for some CEE countries. Since Romania is not concerned by these studies, we are interested on characterizing the outward FDI phenomenon in Romania in the light of Dunning’s Investment Development Path theory. A series of indicators are used in this purpose, concluding that nowadays, Romania is situated in the second stage of IDP. More, we found that the IDP paradigm is generally applicable to Romania; the particularity consists in bigger growth rates for FDI inflows than for GDP in the first stages of IDP. Some policy implications are drawn at the end.
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): 15S (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 004 0251 411317
Fax: 004 0251 411317
Web page: http://feaa.ucv.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, Jaeho & Slater, Jim, 2007. "Dynamic capabilities, entrepreneurial rent-seeking and the investment development path: The case of Samsung," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 241-257, September.
- Anil DIVARCI & Mehtap HISARCIKLILAR & Ozgur KAYALICA & Saime KAYAM, . "Foreign Direct Investment and Development in MENA Countries," Middle East and North Africa 330400020, EcoMod.
- Kálmán Kalotay, 2004. "Outward FDI from Central and Eastern European Countries," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 141-172, 06.
- Liu, Xiaohui & Buck, Trevor & Shu, Chang, 2005. "Chinese economic development, the next stage: outward FDI?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 97-115, February.
- John Dunning, 1981. "Explaining the international direct investment position of countries: Towards a dynamic or developmental approach," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 30-64, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aio:rteyej:v:1:y:2010:i:15s:p:27-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ionascu Costel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.