Evaluation of the performance and of the integration of the euro zone stock market: which are the "right moments"?
This study intends to verify if, on the stock markets of the Euro zone, the integration as a process that lead to their unification is applied, even if several disparities exist among the national characteristics of the return-risk. We verify the pertinence of the consideration of third and fourth order moments in the comprehension of the arbitration mechanisms. The first part focuses on establishing the situation of the integration of the stock markets from the Euro zone member countries on the basis of the main characteristics of the returns and the associated risk premiums. Starting with the apparent inadequacy in the traditional theory, the second part considers the usual responses to the main questions posed on the empirical plan: non-normality of the returns distributions and non-quadratic preferences of the investors. The third part solves the apparent contradiction among the risk’s characteristics and price, on one side, and the stronger and stronger correlations among the national markets and the European indexes, on the other side.
Volume (Year): 1 (2008)
Issue (Month): (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitatea Al. I. Cuza; B-dul Carol I nr. 22; Iasi|
Phone: 004 0232 201070
Fax: 004 0232 217000
Web page: http://rebs.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1994.
"Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(4), pages 631-653.
- Newey, W.K. & West, K.D., 1992. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," Working papers 9220, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kenneth D. West & Whitney K. Newey, 1995. "Automatic Lag Selection in Covariance Matrix Estimation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prakash, Arun J & Bear, Robert M, 1986. "A Simplifying Performance Measure Recognizing Skewness," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 21(1), pages 135-44, February.
- J. Tobin, 1958.
"Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 65-86.
- Kraus, Alan & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1976. "Skewness Preference and the Valuation of Risk Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1085-1100, September.
- Scott, Robert C & Horvath, Philip A, 1980. " On the Direction of Preference for Moments of Higher Order Than the Variance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(4), pages 915-19, September.
- William F. Sharpe, 1963. "A Simplified Model for Portfolio Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 277-293, January.
- Rubinstein, Mark E., 1973. "The Fundamental Theorem of Parameter-Preference Security Valuation," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 61-69, January.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, 09.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aic:revebs:y:2008:v:1:p:29-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sireteanu Napoleon-Alexandru)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.