The Robustness Of Single Index Models In Crop Markets: A Multiple Index Model Test
The single index model (SIM), developed for analysis of financial assets, is assessed as a tool for evaluating the risk-return tradeoff faced in agricultural enterprise selection. This study tests whether some of the hypotheses underlying the SIM are valid when the SIM is used in agricultural cropping decisions. Empirical evidence from county level data does not support SIM hypotheses, indicating that more robust results might come from multiple index models.
Volume (Year): 16 (1991)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levinsohn, James & MacKie-Mason, Jeffrey K, 1990.
"A Simple, Consistent Estimator for Disturbance Components in Financial Models,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 516-520, August.
- Levinsohn, J. & Mackie-Mason, J.K., 1989. "A Simple, Consistent Estimator For Disturbance Components In Financial Models," Papers 443, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- James A. Levinsohn & Jeffrey K. MacKie-Mason, 1989. "A Simple, Consistent Estimator for Disturbance Components in Financial Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0080, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levinsohn, J. & Mackie-Mason, J.K., 1989. "A Simple, Consistent Estimate For Disturbance Components In Financial Models," Working Papers 243, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Levinsohn, J. & Mackie-Mason, J., 1989. "A Simple, Consistent Estimator For Disturbance Components In Financial Models," Papers 89-16, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Blank, Steven C., 1990. "Returns To Limited Crop Diversification," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(02), December.
- Mark R. Weimar & Arne Hallam, 1988. "Risk, Diversification, and Vegetables as an Alternative Crop for Midwestern Agriculture," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 10(1), pages 75-89.
- Merle D. Faminow & Bruce L. Benson, 1990. "Integration of Spatial Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(1), pages 49-62.
- Gershon Feder & Richard E. Just & Andrew Schmitz, 1980. "Futures Markets and the Theory of the Firm under Price Uncertainty," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(2), pages 317-328. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:wjagec:32609. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.