Acreage Response Under Farm Programs For Major Southeastern Field Crops
An expected utility model that includes output price and yield uncertainty was used to estimate cotton, corn, and soybean acreage response equations for the Southeast. The model appeared to fit the soybean and corn data well, resulting in own-price elasticity estimates of 0.317 for corn and 0.727 for soybeans. When applied to cotton acreage, however, the model did not yield satisfactory results. When elasticity was allowed to change over time, however, statistical results for the cotton equation improved, yielding an own-price elasticity of 0.915 at data means.
Volume (Year): 26 (1994)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Duffy, Patricia A. & Richardson, James W. & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 1987.
"Regional Cotton Acreage Response,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 99-110, July.
- Mims, Anne M. & Duffy, Patricia A. & Young, George, 1989. "Effects of Alternative Acreage Restriction Provisions on Alabama Cotton Farms," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(02), pages 85-94, December.
- B. J. Morzuch & R. D. Weaver & P. G. Helmberger, 1980. "Wheat Acreage Supply Response under Changing Farm Programs," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(1), pages 29-37.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1971. "On the Theory of the Competitive Firm under Price Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 65-73, March.
- Mims, Anne M. & Duffy, Patricia A. & Young, George J., 1989. "Effects Of Alternative Acreage Restriction Provisions On Alabama Cotton Farms," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:15163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.