A Protocol Or A Set Of Standards To Guide Agricultural Economics Research
This article examines some difficult decisions that agricultural economists must confront in doing research. Over many years, rules and standards have developed in agricultural economics that guide researchers, providing an underlying framework for research methods. This article deals with applying these seldom discussed guidelines to specific research situations confronted by agricultural economists. With this article, we hope to stimulate a dialogue among agricultural economists about the need for additional, appropriate methodological guidelines in agricultural economics research.
Volume (Year): 20 (1995)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Just, Richard E. & Rausser, Gordon C., 1989.
"An assessment of the agricultural economics profession,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt53j3n38n, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Richard E. Just & Gordon C. Rausser, 1989. "An Assessment of the Agricultural Economics Profession," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(5), pages 1177-1190.
- Just, Richard E. & Rausser, Gordon C., 1989. "An assessment of the agricultural economics profession," CUDARE Working Paper Series 509, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Just, Richard E. & Rausser, Gordon C., 1989. "An Assessment of the Agricultural Economics Profession," Working Papers 197619, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Debertin, David L. & Pagoulatos, Angelos, 1991. "Research in Agricultural Economics 1919-1990:Seventy-two Years of Change," Staff Papers 158755, University of Kentucky, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- McCloskey, Donald N, 1983. "The Rhetoric of Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 481-517, June.
- Dewald, William G & Thursby, Jerry G & Anderson, Richard G, 1986. "Replication in Empirical Economics: The Journal of Money, Credit and Banking Project," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 587-603, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:30934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.