Stock Markets, Banks and Economic Growth: Time Series Evidence from South Africa
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yeþim Helhel, 2019. "Kýrýlgan Beþli Ülkelerde Hisse Senedi Piyasasý Geliþimi ve Ekonomik Büyüme Ýliþkisi," Isletme ve Iktisat Calismalari Dergisi, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 19-29.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Solarin, Sakiru Adebola & Mahmood, Haider & Arouri, Mohamed, 2013.
"Does financial development reduce CO2 emissions in Malaysian economy? A time series analysis,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 145-152.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Solarin, Sakiru Adebola & Mahmood, Haider, 2012. "Does Financial Development Reduce CO2 Emissions in Malaysian Economy? A Time Series Analysis," MPRA Paper 40603, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Aug 2012.
- Andrew Phiri, 2017.
"Long-run equilibrium adjustment between inflation and stock market returns in South Africa: a nonlinear perspective,"
International Journal of Sustainable Economy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(1), pages 19-33.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2016. "Long run equilibrium adjustment between inflation and stock market returns in South Africa: A nonlinear perspective," MPRA Paper 70260, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prats Albentosa, María Asuncíon & Sandoval, Beatriz, 2020.
"Does stock market capitalization cause GDP? A causality study for Central and Eastern European countries?,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 14, pages 1-29.
- Prats Albentosa, María Asuncíon & Sandoval, Beatriz, 2019. "Does stock market capitalization cause GDP? A causality study for Central and Eastern European countries," Economics Discussion Papers 2019-64, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ndako, Umar Bida, 2013. "The Day of the Week effect on stock market returns and volatility: Evidence from Nigeria and South Africa," MPRA Paper 48076, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marques, Luís Miguel & Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso, 2013. "Does the stock market cause economic growth? Portuguese evidence of economic regime change," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 316-324.
- Ahmed, Abdullahi D., 2016. "Integration of financial markets, financial development and growth: Is Africa different?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 43-59.
- Marques, Luís Miguel & Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso, 2012. "Interação entre o mercado acionista e o crescimento económico: Uma apreciação do caso português (1993-2010) [Interaction between the stock market and economic growth: An assessment of the Portugues," MPRA Paper 39808, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Borlea Sorin Nicolae & Puscas Adriana & Mare Codruta & Achim Monica Violeta, 2016. "Direction of Causality Between Financial Development and Economic Growth. Evidence for Developing Countries," Studia Universitatis „Vasile Goldis” Arad – Economics Series, Sciendo, vol. 26(2), pages 1-22, June.
More about this item
KeywordsVector autoregression; Economic growth; Stock markets; Banks;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:afj:journl:v:12:y:2010:i:2:p:72-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kirk De Doncker). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afrgrza.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.