The (Paper)Work of Medicine: Understanding International Medical Costs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Samuel H. Preston & Jessica Y. Ho, 2009. "Low Life Expectancy in the United States: Is the Health Care System at Fault?," NBER Working Papers 15213, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark McClellan, 1997. "Hospital Reimbursement Incentives: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 91-128, March.
- Getzen, Thomas E., 2000. "Health care is an individual necessity and a national luxury: applying multilevel decision models to the analysis of health care expenditures," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 259-270, March.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
- Anthony Atkinson & Thomas Piketty, 2007. "Top incomes over the twentieth century: A contrast between continental european and english-speaking countries," Post-Print halshs-00754859, HAL.
- Cutler, David M. & Pozen, Alexis, 2010. "Medical Spending Differences in the United States and Canada: The Role of Prices, Procedures, and Administrative Expenses," Scholarly Articles 5343032, Harvard University Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kuhn, Michael & Prettner, Klaus, 2016.
"Growth and welfare effects of health care in knowledge-based economies,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 100-119.
- Michael Kuhn & Klaus Prettner, 2012. "Growth and Welfare Effects of Health Care in Knowledge Based Economies," VID Working Papers 1206, Vienna Institute of Demography (VID) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna.
- Kuhn, Michael & Prettner, Klaus, 2013. "Growth and Welfare Effects of Health Care in Knowledge Based Economies," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79970, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Kuhn, Michael & Prettner, Klaus, 2012. "Growth and welfare effects of health care in knowledge based economies," ECON WPS - Vienna University of Technology Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy 03/2012, Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Mathematical Methods in Economics, Research Group Economics (ECON).
- Michael Kuhn & Klaus Prettner, 2012. "Growth and welfare e ffects of health care in knowledge based economies," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 120, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- repec:spr:hecrev:v:7:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s13561-017-0164-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0331 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kairies, Nadja, 2012. "P4P, Reputation and the Reduction of Costly Overprovision," Ruhr Economic Papers 331, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Nadja Kairies, 2012. "P4P, Reputation and the Reduction of Costly Overprovision," Ruhr Economic Papers 0331, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Abe Dunn & Adam Hale Shapiro, 2014. "Do Physicians Possess Market Power?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 159-193.
- Brigitte Dormont & Anne-Laure Samson, 2017. "Does it pay to be a doctor in France?," Working Papers hal-01518428, HAL.
- Korenman, Sanders D. & Remler, Dahlia K., 2016. "Including health insurance in poverty measurement: The impact of Massachusetts health reform on poverty," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 27-35.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:126-153 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti & Gomes, Diego B.P., 2017.
"Health care reform or more affordable health care?,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 126-153.
- Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti & Gomes, Diego Braz Pereira, 2016. "Health Care Reform or More Affordable Health Care?," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 780, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12810 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:25:y:2011:i:2:p:3-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.