The Double Drain with a Cross-Border Twist: More on the Relationship between Banking and Currency Crises
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 88 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/aer/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
- Massimo Sbracia & Andrea Zaghini, 2001. "Crises and contagion: the role of the banking system," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Marrying the macro- and micro-prudential dimensions of financial stability, volume 1, pages 241-260 Bank for International Settlements.
- Hugh Rockoff, 2003.
"Deflation, Silent Runs, and Bank Holidays, in the Great Contraction,"
NBER Working Papers
9522, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hugh Rockoff, 2003. "Deflation, Silent Runs, and Bank Holidays, in the Great Contraction," Departmental Working Papers 200302, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Honohan, Patrick & Lane, Philip R, 1999. "Pegging to the Dollar and the Euro," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 379-410, November.
- Lane, P & Honohan, P, 1999. "Pegging To The Dollar And The Euro," Trinity Economics Papers 996, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Schmidt Paul-Günther, 2001. "Ursachen systemischer Bankenkrisen: Erklärungsversuche, empirische Evidenz und wirtschaftspolitische Konsequenzen," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 52(1), pages 239-280, January.
- Israel Fainboim & Julio César Alonso, 1998. "La "Gran Depresión Asiática" y sus efectos sobre las economías latinoamericanas, con énfasis en Colombia," COYUNTURA ECONÓMICA, FEDESARROLLO, September.
- Chen, Yueh H. & Lin, Winston T., 2009. "Analyzing the relationships between information technology, inputs substitution and national characteristics based on CES stochastic frontier production models," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 552-569, August.
- Itay Goldstein, 2005. "Strategic Complementarities and the Twin Crises," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(503), pages 368-390, 04.
- Machiko Nissanke & Howard Stein, 2003. "Financial Globalization and Economic Development: Toward an Institutional Foundation," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 287-308, Spring.
- Hyun Song, 2005. "Liquidity and Twin Crises," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 34(3), pages 257-277, November.
- Miller, V., 2003. "Bank runs and currency peg credibility," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 385-392, June.
- Miller, Victoria, 2000. "Central bank reactions to banking crises in fixed exchange rate regimes," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 451-472, December.
- Daniels, Joseph P. & VanHoose, David D., 2003. "Currency substitution, seigniorage, and currency crises in interdependent economies," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 221-232.
- Massimo Sbracia & Andrea Zaghini, 2003. "The Role of the Banking System in the International Transmission of Shocks," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(5), pages 727-754, 05.
- Massimo Sbracia & Andrea Zaghini, 2001. "The Role of the Banking System in the International Transmission of Shocks," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 409, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Carroll Howard GRIFFIN, 2010. "The Role Of Latin American Banks In The Region’s Currency Crises," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 5, pages 55-71, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:88:y:1998:i:2:p:439-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed