Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
1991, Volume 33, Issue 10
- 1209-1216 Sociodemographic and clinical factors affecting recognition of childhood diarrhea by mothers in Kwara State, Nigeria
by Cogswell, Mary E. & Oni, Gbolahan A. & Stallings, Rebecca Y. & Brown, Kenneth H.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 9
- 977-983 The prevention of HIV infection from injecting drug use--A review of health promotion approaches
by Nutbeam, Don & Blakey, Virginia & Pates, Richard
- 985-993 From development to sustained crisis: Structural adjustment, equity and health
by Kanji, Najmi & Kanji, Nazneen & Manji, Firoze
- 995-1004 Contradictions in the development of new hospices: A case study
by Clark, David
- 1005-1010 Four years of essential drugs' list in Nigeria
by Adikwu, Michael U. & Osondu, Benjamin O.
- 1011-1022 Self care: Japan and the U.S. compared
by Haug, Marie R. & Akiyama, Hiroko & Tryban, Georgeanna & Sonoda, Kyoichi & Wykle, May
- 1023-1028 Core-periphery differences in children's health and use of general practitioner services in Finland from 1964 to 1987
by Vuorinen, Heikki S. & Mäkelä, Matti & Tuomikoski, Hannu & Floman, Peter
- 1029-1036 Daily hassles and chronic strains: A hierarchy of stressors?
by Lepore, Stephen J. & Palsane, M.N. & Evans, Gary W.
- 1037-1051 A model of willingness to become a potential organ donor
by Horton, Raymond L. & Horton, Patricia J.
- 1053-1061 Doctors' willingness to intervene in patients' drug and alcohol problems
by Roche, Ann M. & Richard, Glenn P.
- 1063-1070 The effect of widowhood on health: A prospective analysis from the Massachusetts women's health study
by Avis, Nancy E. & Brambilla, Donald J. & Vass, Kerstin & McKinlay, John B.
- 1071-1080 Psychological sequelae of infertility treatment: The role of gender and sex-role identification
by Berg, Barbara J. & Wilson, John F. & Weingartner, Paul J.
- 1081-1089 Professional home care for the elderly: An application of the Andersen-Newman model in The Netherlands
by Kempen, G.I.J.M. & Suurmeijer, Th.P.B.M.
- 1091-1091 Letter to the editor
by McDonald, B. & Lee, Chooi N. & Jayanthi, V. & Probert, C.S.J. & Mayberry, J.F.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 8
- 865-866 Anthropology rediscovers sex : Introduction
by Lindenbaum, Shirley
- 867-874 Sex, culture and the anthropologist
by Tuzin, Donald
- 875-884 Anthropology rediscovers sexuality: A theoretical comment
by Vance, Carole S.
- 885-895 Sex and respectability in an age of fertility decline: A Sicilian case study
by Schneider, Jane & Schneider, Peter
- 897-907 Sexual ideology and experience in a Papua New Guinea society
by Leavitt, Stephen C.
- 909-923 Social psychology of the immune system: A conceptual framework and review of the literature
by Kaplan, Howard B.
- 925-936 The European health and behaviour survey: Rationale, methods and initial results from the United Kingdom
by Wardle, Jane & Steptoe, Andrew
- 937-946 Relationship between water quality and human health: A case study of the Linggi River Basin in Malaysia
by Lonergan, Stephen & Vansickle, Tracey
- 947-957 Finding meaning after the fall: Injury narratives from elderly hip fracture patients
by Borkan, Jeffrey M. & Quirk, Mark & Sullivan, Michael
- 959-962 Jidda: The traditional midwife of Yemen?
by Scheepers, Lidwien M.
- 963-966 Do prostitutes need more health education regarding sexually transmitted diseases and the HIV infection? Experience in a Belgian city
by Mak, Rudolf P. & Plum, Jean R.
- 967-971 The Amelia Stern syndrome: A diagnosis of a condition among female physicians?
by Geis, Robley Elizabeth & Jesilow, Paul & Geis, Gilbert
1991, Volume 33, Issue 7
- 749-763 Ethical, methodological and political issues of aids research in Central Africa
by Schoepf, Brooke Grundfest
- 765-769 Geographical and socio-ecological variations of traffic accidents among children
by Joly, Marie-France & Foggin, Peter M. & Barry Pless, I.
- 771-783 Epidemiologists, social scientists, and the structure of medical research on aids in Africa
by Packard, Randall M. & Epstein, Paul
- 783-785 Comments
by Feldman, Douglas A.
- 785-786 Comments
by Kendall, Carl
- 786-790 Comments
by Minkin, Stephen F.
- 790-791 Comments
by Reining, Priscilla
- 791-793 Comments
by Schoepf, Brooke Grundfest
- 793-794 Rejoinder
by Packard, Randall M. & Epstein, Paul
- 795-800 Effect of employment and its correlates on spontaneous abortion risk
by Bryant, Heather E. & Love, Edgar J.
- 801-806 Factors influencing the decision to rehabilitate: An initial comparison of rehabilitation candidates
by Evans, Ron L. & Haselkorn, Jodie K. & Bishop, Duane S. & Hendricks, Robert D.
- 807-813 Social support as a double-edged sword: The relation of positive and problematic support to depression among rheumatoid arthritis patients
by Revenson, Tracey A. & Schiaffino, Kathleen M. & Deborah Majerovitz, S. & Gibofsky, Allan
- 815-824 Emerging issues in health planning in Saudi Arabia: The effects of organization and development on the health care system
by Berhie, Girmay
- 825-834 Birth places: A geographical perspective on planned home birth in New Zealand
by Abel, Sally & Kearns, Robin A.
- 835-839 A comparison of selected health-related data from surveys of a general population and a sporting population
by Lamb, K. L. & Brodie, D. A. & Minten, J. H. & Roberts, K.
- 841-848 Epidemology and determinants of induced abortion in the U.S.S.R
by Remennick, Larissa I.
- 849-857 Components of stably high fertility in three areas of West Africa
by Ahonsi, Babatunde A.
- 859-862 The role of day care givers in the identification and prevention of infections
by Al-Qutob, Ra'eda & Na'was, Tarek & Mawajdeh, Salah
1991, Volume 33, Issue 6
- 637-645 The Islamic movement, development, and health education: Recent changes in the health of rural women in Central Sudan
by Gruenbaum, Ellen
- 647-653 Ethical decision making by family doctors in Canada, Britain and the United States
by Hoffmaster, C. Barry & Stewart, Moira A. & Christie, Ronald J.
- 655-659 Out of sight, out of mind--1. Emergent patterns of self-harm among aborigines of remote Australia
by Hunter, Ernest
- 661-671 Out of sight, out of mind--2. Social and historical contexts of self-harmful behaviour among aborigines of remote Australia
by Hunter, Ernest
- 673-680 From post-traumatic stress disorder to cultural bereavement: Diagnosis of Southeast Asian refugees
by Eisenbruch, Maurice
- 681-687 Charging for health care: Evidence on the utilisation of NHS prescribed drugs
by Ryan, Mandy & Birch, Stephen
- 689-700 Use of services in old age: Data from three surveys of elderly people
by Bowling, Ann & Farquhar, Morag & Browne, Peter
- 701-705 Mastitis among lactating women: Occurrence and risk factors
by Kaufmann, Rachel & Foxman, Betsy
- 707-716 Convergence and divergence: Assessing criteria of consumer satisfaction across general practice, dental and hospital care settings
by Williams, Simon J. & Calnan, Michael
- 717-721 Personal health practices and attitudes toward nonsmokers' legal rights in Japan
by Hagihara, Akihito & Morimoto, Kanehisa
- 723-727 How should resources be reallocated between physicians and nurses in Africa and Latin America?
by Vargas-Lagos, Veronica
- 729-739 Coordinating community and public-institutional mental health services: Some unintended consequences
by White, Deena & Mercier, Céline
- 741-742 Beyond the anglophone world : Medical anthropology in the Netherlands
by De Bruyn, Maria
- 743-744 Censorship or bias: The conditions for critical medical sociology
by Holme Hansen, Ebba
1991, Volume 33, Issue 5
- 531-543 Efficiency in pathology laboratories: A survey of operations management in NHS bacteriology
by Szczepura, A.K.
- 545-557 On the measurement of inequalities in health
by Wagstaff, Adam & Paci, Pierella & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 559-568 Caveat emptor or blissful ignorance? Patients and the consumerist ethos
by Lupton, Deborah & Donaldson, Cam & Lloyd, Peter
- 569-577 Accrual to cancer clinical trials: Directions from the research literature
by Gotay, Carolyn Cook
- 579-585 Work disability and the experience of pain and depression in rheumatoid arthritis
by Fifield, Judith & Reisine, Susan T. & Grady, Kathleen
- 587-596 Adverse effects of Benzodiazepines
by Gudex, C.
- 597-603 Occupational health and the environment in an urban slum in India
by Shukla, Abhay & Kumar, Satish & Öry, F.G.
- 605-611 Social support, disability and depression: A longitudinal study of rheumatoid arthritis
by Fitzpatrick, Ray & Newman, Stanton & Archer, Rosemarie & Shipley, Michael
- 613-620 Infant, neonatal, postneonatal and perinatal mortality in Spain, 1975-1984. Interregional and interannual differences
by Lardelli, Pablo & Masa, Josefa & Maderuelo, Angel & Delgado, Miguel & Gálvez, Ramón
- 621-626 Modifications of health behaviour in response to air pollution notifications in Copenhagen
by Skov, Torsten & Cordtz, Torben & Jensen, Lilli Kirkeskov & Saugman, Peter & Schmidt, Kirsten & Theilade, Peter
- 627-634 Comparison of influences on breastfeeding initiation of firstborn children, 1960-69 vs 1970-79
by Starbird, Ellen H.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 4
- ix-x Introduction
by Bentham, Graham & Haynes, Robin & Lovett, Andrew
- 339-346 Explanation in medical geography: Evidence and epistemology
by Bennett, David
- 347-353 'Scurvy' Lind's medical geography
by Barrett, Frank A.
- 355-360 Health discrepancies in rural areas in Québec
by Pampalon, Robert
- 361-368 Inequalities in health and health service use: Evidence from the general household survey
by Haynes, Robin
- 369-379 Another day in paradise? Life on the margins in urban New Zealand
by Kearns, Robin A. & Smith, Christopher J. & Abbott, Max W.
- 381-393 Depopulation of the Northern Plains Natives
by Decker, Jody F.
- 395-404 Problems and potential of researching epidemiological transition: Examples from Southeast Asia
by Phillips, David R.
- 405-414 The socio-cultural context of the transmission of HIV in Thailand
by Ford, Nicholas & Koetsawang, Suporn
- 415-421 Geographical variations of motor-vehicle injuries in Quebec, 1983-1988
by Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Joly, Marie-France & Rannou, André & Bussière, Yves & Bourbeau, Robert
- 423-428 Risk factor changes and mortality changes: A regional perspective on ischaemic heart disease in Norway 1966-1985
by Krüger, Øystein
- 429-434 Chernobyl fallout and perinatal mortality in England and Wales
by Bentham, Graham
- 435-440 Childhood leukaemia mortality and population change in England and Wales 1969-1973
by Langford, Ian
- 441-447 Psychosocial impacts in populations exposed to solid waste facilities
by Taylor, S.Martin & Elliott, Susan & Eyles, John & Frank, John & Haight, Murray & Streiner, David & Walter, Stephen & White, Norman & Willms, Dennis
- 449-458 Sterilization versus segregation: Control of the 'Feebleminded', 1900-1938
by Radford, John P.
- 459-470 Geographical implications of restricting foreign medical immigration: A New Zealand case study, 1976-1987
by Barnett, J.Ross
- 471-476 Substitution of primary care and specialist care: A regional analysis in Denmark
by Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 477-487 Trends in the spatial dimensions of the long term care delivery system. The case of New York State
by Evans, Marlene & Welge, Charles
- 489-500 A needs-based methodology for allocating health care resources in Ontario, Canada: Development and an application
by Eyles, J. & Birch, S. & Chambers, S. & Hurley, J. & Hutchison, B.
- 501-508 Ecological and individual effects in childhood immunisation uptake: A multi-level approach
by Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham & Clegg, Andrew
- 509-518 "I don't believe in needles": Qualitative aspects of a study into the uptake of infant immunisation in two english health authorities
by New, Suzanne J. & Senior, Martyn L.
- 519-530 The place of health in the health of place: The case of the Hokianga special medical area
by Kearns, Robin A.
- vii-vii Foreword
by Earickson, Robert
1991, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 225-237 The production of health and the demand for health care in Finland
by Häkkinen, Unto
- 239-248 Concern about aids among hospital physicians, nurses and social workers
by Dworkin, Joan & Albrecht, Gary & Cooksey, Judith
- 249-256 Perceptions of problematic events and quality of care among patients and parents after successful therapy of the child's malignant disease
by Kvist, S.Béatrice M. & Rajantie, Jukka & Kvist, Mårten & Siimes, Martti A.
- 257-267 Social network, social support and acute chest complaints among young and middle-aged patients in an emergency department--A case-control study
by Östergren, P.-O. & Hanson, B.S. & Isacsson, S.-O. & Tejler, L.
- 269-274 Psychoactive drug use among medical doctors is higher than in the general population
by Domenighetti, Gianfranco & Tomamichel, Michele & Gutzwiller, Felix & Berthoud, Silvio & Casabianca, Antoine
- 275-282 The effects of cimetidine on the cost of ulcer disease in Sweden
by Jönsson, Bengt & Carlsson, Per
- 283-287 Epidemiology of traumatic brain injury in Johannesburg--I. Methodological issues in a developing country context
by Brown, Digby S.O. & Nell, Victor
- 289-296 Epidemiology of traumatic brain injury in Johannesburg--II. Morbidity, mortality and etiology
by Nell, Victor & Brown, Digby S.O.
- 297-308 Lay self-care in health: The views and perspectives of Israeli laypeople
by Shye, Diana & Javetz, Rachel & Shuval, Judith T.
- 309-319 Using routine surveys to measure mortality: A tool for programme managers
by David, Patricia H. & Bisharat, Leila & Kawar, Sana
- 321-326 Qualitative methods in operations research on contraceptive distribution systems: A case study from Nigeria
by Webb, Glenn & Ladipo, O.A. & McNamara, Regina
- 327-334 Infant mortality among ethnic immigrant groups
by Weeks, John R. & Rumbaut, Rubén G.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 101-113 Women's perspectives on chronic illness: Ethnicity, ideology and restructuring of life
by Anderson, Joan M. & Blue, Connie & Lau, Annie
- 115-125 Coping with an ileostomy
by Kelly, Michael P.
- 127-137 Employee and job attributes as predictors of absenteeism in a national sample of workers: The importance of health and dangerous working conditions
by Leigh, J. Paul
- 139-152 Discrepant legacies: Premature mortality in two industrial towns
by Phillimore, Peter R. & Morris, David
- 153-160 Ayurveda, malaria and the indigenous herbal tradition in Sri Lanka
by Silva, Kalinga Tudor
- 161-166 General practitioners' subjective experience of surgery workload
by Norman, Paul & Fitter, Mike & Wall, Toby
- 167-175 Tswana medicine in interaction with biomedicine
by Haram, Liv
- 177-183 Effects of social relationships on survival for women with breast cancer: A prospective study
by Waxler-Morrison, Nancy & Hislop, T. Gregory & Mears, Bronwen & Kan, Lisa
- 185-192 Maternal tetanus immunization in Aceh Province, Sumatra: The cost-effectiveness of alternative strategies
by Berman, Peter & Quinley, John & Yusuf, Burhannuddin & Anwar, Syaifuddin & Mustaini, Udin & Azof, A. & Iskandar
- 193-200 Promoting traditional medicine in Ethiopia: A brief historical review of government policy
by Bishaw, Makonnen
- 201-205 Dental care of institutionalized elderly in Singapore
by Soh, George
- 207-213 Age at first experience of intercourse among Norwegian adolescents: A lifestyle perspective
by Kraft, P.
- 215-215 AD HOC Research Committee on brain death and organ transplantation
by Yonemoto, S.
- 217-217 Social medicine in China
by Cai, J.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-3 What should behavioral scientists be doing about AIDS?
by Hahn, Robert A.
- 5-9 Sex, drugs and HIV: an ethnographic approach
by Magaña, J. Raúl
- 11-23 AIDS risk and prevention among adolescents
by Boyer, Cherrie B. & Kegeles, Susan M.
- 25-36 Sexual risk reduction behaviors among young heterosexual adults
by Cochran, Susan D. & Peplau, Letitia Anne
- 37-45 Examining ethnicity versus race in AIDS related sex research
by Wyatt, Gail Elizabeth
- 47-54 AIDS survey methodology with black Americans
by Mays, Vickie M. & Jackson, James S.
- 55-61 The risk approach: Unassailable logic?
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 64-66 Comment
by Davies, A. Michael & Backett, E. Maurice & Petros-Barvazian, Angele
- 66-67 Comment
by Dowie, Jack
- 67-69 Comment
by Dawes, Robyn M.
- 69-69 Comment
by Warren, Kenneth S.
- 71-76 Change in knowledge in a coronary heart disease risk factor intervention study in three communities
by Langenhoven, Marietjie L. & Rossouw, Jacques E. & Jooste, Pieter L. & Chalton, Derek O. & Swanepoel, Anne S. P. & Rossouw, Lesley J. & Jordaan, Peet C. J. & Steyn, Mariana
- 77-82 Adolescents' attitudes to abortion in samples from Italy and Sweden
by Agostino, M. Bengtsson & Wahlberg, V.
- 83-89 Misinformation about medications in rural Ghana
by Wolf-Gould, Carolyn S. & Taylor, Naomi & Horwitz, Sarah McCue & Barry, Michele
- 91-94 What's important for quality of life to Indians--In relation to cancer
by Chaturvedi, Santosh K.
- 95-96 The role of physical attractiveness in the assessment of elderly patients
by Hadjistavropoulos, Thomas & Tuokko, Holly & Beattie, Beverly Lynn
- 69-70 Rejoinder
by Hayes, Michael V.
- iii-iii Introduction
by Shedlin, Michele Goldzieher
1991, Volume 32, Issue 12
- 1319-1326 Guineaworm control case study: Planning a multi-strategy approach
by Brieger, William R. & Ramakrishna, Jayashree & Adeniyi, Joshua D. & Sridhar, M. K. C. & Kale, Oladele O.
- 1327-1336 Primary health services in Ecuador: Comparative costs, quality, and equity of care in ministry of health and rural social security facilities
by Robertson, Robert L. & Castro, Carlos E. & Gomez, Luis Carlos & Gwynne, Gretchen & Tinajero Baca, Ciro Luis & Zschock, Dieter K.
- 1337-1340 The quality of life of cancer patients who refuse chemotherapy
by Gilbar, Ora
- 1341-1349 Culture, biomedicine and child mortality in Cameroon
by Azevedo, Mario J. & Prater, Gwendolyn S. & Lantum, Daniel N.
- 1351-1360 Rural health and labour supplies: Empirical evidence from the World Bank assisted agricultural development project in the Kwara State of Nigeria
by Chinedu Umeh, J.
- 1361-1366 Cree Indian healing practices and western health care: A comparative analysis
by Morse, Janice M. & Young, David E. & Swartz, Lise
- 1367-1378 Prostitution, AIDS, and preventive health behavior
by Campbell, Carole A.
- 1379-1387 Response of parents to five killer diseases among children in a Yoruba community, Nigeria
by Adetunji, Jacob Ayodele
- 1389-1392 Informed consent: A study of experiences and opinion of utilizers of health services from India
by Sriram, T. G. & Kishore Kumar, K. V. & Jayaprakash, M. R. & Sriram, Radhika & Shanmugham, V.
- 1393-1399 Diffusion and physiological responses to the influenza pandemic of 1918-19 in Nigeria
by Ohadike, Don C.
- 1401-1412 Relative costs and cost-effectiveness of extracorporeal shock-wave lithotripsy versus percutaneous nephrolithotomy in the treatment of renal and ureteric stones
by Mays, Nicholas
- 1413-1416 Why are we weighting? A critical examination of the use of item weights in a health status measure
by Jenkinson, Crispin
- 1417-1424 User's responses to assistive devices for physical disability
by Brooks, Nancy A.
- 1425-1433 Maternal role of clerical workers: A feminist analysis
by Stevens, Patricia E. & Meleis, Afaf Ibrahim
1991, Volume 32, Issue 11
- 1201-1218 Supply and use of essential drugs in sub-Saharan Africa: Some issues and possible solutions
by Foster, Susan
- 1219-1227 La sante des populations d'origine etrangere en France
by Bourdillon, F. & Lombrail, P. & Antoni, M. & Benrekassa, J. & Bennegadi, R. & Leloup, M. & Huraux-Rendu, C. & Scotto, J. C.
- 1229-1235 Social and dietary predictors of serum lipids: A Brazilian example
by Dressler, William W. & Dos Santos, Jose Ernesto & Viteri, Fernando E. & Gallagher, Philip N.
- 1237-1243 Stress, support, psychological states and sleep
by Paulsen, Virginia M. & Shaver, Joan L.
- 1245-1255 Measuring knowledge of cancer
by Berman, Steven H. & Wandersman, Abraham
- 1257-1262 Religion and psychological distress in a community sample
by Williams, David R. & Larson, David B. & Buckler, Robert E. & Heckmann, Richard C. & Pyle, Caroline M.
- 1263-1268 Relationships among and demographic predictors of dentists' self-reported adherence to national guidelines
by Dorsey, Maureen & Overman, Pamela & Hayden, William J. & Mayberry, William & Requa-Clark, Barbara & Krust, Kimberly
- 1269-1274 Community health screening programs for African-Americans and the medical anthropologist
by Bailey, Eric J.
- 1275-1281 Knowledge, Attitudes and Perceptions (KAP) of onchocerciasis: A survey among residents in an endemic area in Guatemala targeted for mass chemotherapy with ivermectin
by Richards, Frank & Klein, Robert E. & Gonzales-Peralta, Carlos & Zea Flores, Rodolfo & Zea Flores, Guillermo & Castro Ramirez, Julio
- 1283-1289 Obstetrical attitudes and practices before and after the Canadian consensus conference statement on cesarean birth
by Domnick Pierre, Karin & Vayda, Eugene & Lomas, Jonathan & Enkin, Murray W. & Hannah, Walter J. & Anderson, Geoff M.
- 1291-1296 Loneliness and social support of mothers of chronically ill children
by Florian, Victor & Krulik, Tamar
- 1297-1300 Confounding of occupation and smoking: Its magnitude and consequences
by Smith, George Davey & Shipley, Martin J.
- 1301-1310 Doctor-patient communication and the quality of care
by Bensing, Jozien
- 1311-1313 Note on 'suicide and increased availability of handguns in the United States': The influence of firearm ownership on accidental deaths
by Lester, David & Clarke, Ronald V.
- 1317-1318 Letter to the editor
by Friedman, Ernest H.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 10
- 1079-1088 Challenges to equity in health and health care: A Zimbabwean case study
by Loewenson, Rene & Sanders, David & Davies, Rob
- 1089-1096 Life events, sense of coherence and health: Gender differences on the kibbutz
by Carmel, Sara & Anson, Ofra & Levenson, Arie & Bonneh, Dan Y. & Maoz, Benjamin
- 1097-1103 The health care of poor persons living in wealthy areas
by Berk, Marc L. & Cunningham, Peter & Beauregard, Karen
- 1105-1110 Women's lung cancer mortality, socio-economic status and changing smoking patterns
by Pugh, Helena & Power, Christine & Goldblatt, Peter & Arber, Sara
- 1111-1119 Workload and job satisfaction among general practitioners: A review of the literature
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jank B. F.
- 1121-1128 The politics of psychiatric self-help: Political factions, interactional support, and group longevity in a social movement
by Emerick, Robert E.
- 1129-1136 Results of two methods to determine health expectancy in The Netherlands in 1981-1985
by van Ginneken, J. K. S. & Dissevelt, A. G. & van de Water, H. P. A. & van Sonsbeek, J. L. A.
- 1137-1142 Hostility to people with aids: Risk perception and demographic factors
by Mondragón, Delfi & Kirkman-Life, Bradford & Schneller, Eugene S.
- 1143-1150 Verbal analysis of doctor-patient communication
by Meeuwesen, Ludwien & Schaap, Cas & van der Staak, Cees
- 1151-1159 Life expectancies of cigarette smokers and nonsmokers in the United States
by Rogers, Richard G. & Powell-Griner, Eve
- 1161-1167 Determinants of subject compliance within an experimental anti-HIV drug protocol
by Morse, Edward V. & Simon, Patricia M. & Coburn, Mary & Hyslop, Newton & Greenspan, Debra & Balson, Paul M.
- 1169-1181 Gender differences in Israeli physicians' career patterns, productivity and family structure
by Shye, Diana
- 1183-1189 Compliance in acute and chronic patients receiving a health belief model intervention in the emergency department
by Jones, Susan L. & Jones, Paul K. & Katz, Janet
- 1191-1198 Regulating teratogenicity as a health risk
by Gilden, Nanda & Bodewitz, Henk
- i-i Editorial
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 9
- 967-980 AIDS and the social side of health
by Ankrah, E.Maxine
- 981-987 Underreporting by cancer patients: The case of response-shift
by Breetvelt, I.S. & Van Dam, F.S.A.M.
- 989-1005 Patterns and causes of gender differences in smoking
by Waldron, Ingrid
- 1007-1016 The patient's right to information in Japan--Legal rules and doctor's opinions
by Hattori, Hiroyuki & Salzberg, Stephan M. & Kiang, Winston P. & Fujimiya, Tatsuya & Tejima, Yutaka & Furuno, Junji
- 1017-1027 Depression and acute myocardial infarction: A review and reinterpretation
by Fielding, Richard
- 1029-1036 Treating psychiatric disorders among Mien refugees from highland Laos
by Moore, Laurie J. & Boehnlein, James K.
- 1037-1050 HIV, heroin and heterosexual relations
by Kane, Stephanie
- 1051-1056 Interpersonal conflicts at work and psychosocial characteristics of employees
by Appelberg, Kirsi & Romanov, Kalle & Honkasalo, Marja-Liisa & Koskenvuo, Markku
- 1057-1061 The effect of a household partner and home urine monitoring on adherence to a sodium restricted diet
by Cohen, Stuart J. & Weinberger, Myron H. & Fineberg, Naomi S. & Miller, Judy Z. & Grim, Clarence E. & Luft, Friedrich C.
- 1063-1066 Ethnic differences in the experience of pain
by Thomas, V.J. & Rose, F.D.
- 1067-1073 Adult leukemia and farm practices: An alternative approach for assessing geographical pesticide exposure
by Viel, Jean-François & Richardson, Sylvia T.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 8
- 853-866 Bringing social structure back into clinical decision making
by Clark, Jack A. & Potter, Deborah A. & McKinlay, John B.
- 867-874 The decontextualization of mental illness: The portrayal of work in psychiatric drug advertisements
by Kleinman, Daniel Lee & Cohen, Lawrence Jack
- 875-885 Ambiguous responsibility in the doctor-patient relationship: The case of infertility
by Becker, Gay & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 887-898 The use of national sample surveys for nutritional surveillance: Lessons from Malawi's national sample survey of agriculture
by Pelletier, David L. & Msukwa, Louis A. H.
- 899-908 Measuring health lifestyles in a comparative analysis: Theoretical issues and empirical findings
by Abel, Thomas
- 909-915 Rapid appraisal in an urban setting, an example from the developed world
by Ong, Bie Nio & Humphris, Gerry & Annett, Hugh & Rifkin, Susan
- 917-930 Knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about HIV infection and AIDS among healthy factory workers and their wives, Kinshasa, Zaire
by Irwin, Kathleen & Bertrand, Jane & Mibandumba, Ndilu & Mbuyi, Kashama & Muremeri, Chirezi & Mukoka, Makolo & Munkolenkole, Kamenga & Nzilambi, Nzila & Bosenge, Ngaly & Ryder, Robert & Peterson, Herbert & Lee, Nancy C. & Wingo, Phyllis & O'Reilly, Kevin & Rufo, Kathy
- 931-942 A structural analysis of physician-midwife interaction in an obstetrical training program
by Graham, Susan Brandt
- 943-952 Communication and awareness about death: A study of a random sample of dying people
by Seale, Clive