Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
1991, Volume 32, Issue 9
- 1067-1073 Adult leukemia and farm practices: An alternative approach for assessing geographical pesticide exposure
by Viel, Jean-François & Richardson, Sylvia T.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 8
- 853-866 Bringing social structure back into clinical decision making
by Clark, Jack A. & Potter, Deborah A. & McKinlay, John B.
- 867-874 The decontextualization of mental illness: The portrayal of work in psychiatric drug advertisements
by Kleinman, Daniel Lee & Cohen, Lawrence Jack
- 875-885 Ambiguous responsibility in the doctor-patient relationship: The case of infertility
by Becker, Gay & Nachtigall, Robert D.
- 887-898 The use of national sample surveys for nutritional surveillance: Lessons from Malawi's national sample survey of agriculture
by Pelletier, David L. & Msukwa, Louis A. H.
- 899-908 Measuring health lifestyles in a comparative analysis: Theoretical issues and empirical findings
by Abel, Thomas
- 909-915 Rapid appraisal in an urban setting, an example from the developed world
by Ong, Bie Nio & Humphris, Gerry & Annett, Hugh & Rifkin, Susan
- 917-930 Knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about HIV infection and AIDS among healthy factory workers and their wives, Kinshasa, Zaire
by Irwin, Kathleen & Bertrand, Jane & Mibandumba, Ndilu & Mbuyi, Kashama & Muremeri, Chirezi & Mukoka, Makolo & Munkolenkole, Kamenga & Nzilambi, Nzila & Bosenge, Ngaly & Ryder, Robert & Peterson, Herbert & Lee, Nancy C. & Wingo, Phyllis & O'Reilly, Kevin & Rufo, Kathy
- 931-942 A structural analysis of physician-midwife interaction in an obstetrical training program
by Graham, Susan Brandt
- 943-952 Communication and awareness about death: A study of a random sample of dying people
by Seale, Clive
- 953-957 A survey of the cervical screening service in a London district, including reasons for non-attendance, ethnic responses and views on the quality of the service
by Doyle, Yvonne
- 959-961 Women's health education in rural Bangladesh
by Sloss, Laura J. & Munier, Ahmed
1991, Volume 32, Issue 7
- 745-755 Politics, power and poverty: Health for all in 2000 in the Third World?
by Green, Reginald Herbold
- 757-765 Narrative analysis: A method of psychosocial research for AIDS-affected people
by Viney, Linda L. & Bousfield, Lynne
- 767-771 Age and the operationalization of social support
by Olsen, Ole & Iversen, Lars & Sabroe, Svend
- 773-781 The role of public values in setting health care priorities
by Hadorn, David C.
- 783-791 AIDS prevention and sexual liberalization in Great Britain
by Mittag, Helga
- 793-804 Why is health relatively poor on Sri Lanka's tea estates?
by Gajanayake, Indra & Caldwell, John C. & Caldwell, Pat
- 805-811 Effect of domestic and occupational roles on morbidity and mortality
by Hibbard, Judith H. & Pope, Clyde R.
- 813-818 Factors affecting treatment decisions for a life-threatening illness: The case of medical treatment of breast cancer
by Siminoff, L. A. & Fetting, J. H.
- 819-830 The social context of occupational stress in a caring profession
by Handy, Jocelyn A.
- 831-836 Racial inequalities in childhood asthma
by Mitchell, E. A.
- 837-846 Smoking and sedentary behavior as related to work organization
by Johansson, Gunn & Johnson, Jeffrey V. & Hall, Ellen M.
- 847-852 Traveling waves of HIV infection on a low dimensional 'socio-geographic' network
by Wallace, Rodrick
1991, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 627-632 Satisfaction with communication, medical knowledge, and coping style in patients with metastatic cancer
by Steptoe, Andrew & Sutcliffe, Ian & Allen, Bryony & Coombes, Charles
- 633-642 Community oriented primary care: Origins, evolution, applications
by Tollman, Stephen
- 643-648 The constitution of physicians' power: A theoretical framework for comparative analysis
by Duran-Arenas, Luis & Kennedy, Michael
- 649-665 Aging and disability in China: Cultural issues in measurement and interpretation
by Ikels, Charlotte
- 667-675 Is growth monitoring worthwhile? An evaluation of its use in three child health programmes in Zaire
by Gerein, Nancy M. & Ross, David A.
- 677-681 The impact of who you know and where you live on opinions about aids and health care
by Gerbert, Barbara & Sumser, John & Maguire, Bryan T.
- 683-688 The HIV test and sexual behaviour in a sample of homosexually active men
by Dawson, Jill & Fitzpatrick, Ray & McLean, John & Hart, Graham & Boulton, Mary
- 689-696 Patterns of diet related self-care in diabetes
by Maclean, Heather M.
- 697-704 Role retention and quality of life of bone marrow transplant survivors
by Baker, Frank & Curbow, Barbara & Wingard, John R.
- 705-714 The MOS social support survey
by Sherbourne, Cathy Donald & Stewart, Anita L.
- 715-723 Delayed antenatal care: Does it effect pregnancy outcome?
by Thomas, Peter & Golding, Jean & Peters, Tim J.
- 725-731 Communicating probabilistic information to cancer patients: Is there 'noise' on the line?
by Sutherland, H. J. & Lockwood, G. A. & Tritchler, D. L. & Sem, F. & Brooks, L. & Till, J. E.
- 733-741 A test of an expanded theory of reasoned action to predict mammography participation
by Montano, Daniel E. & Taplin, Stephen H.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 525-534 Performance and state changes during the menstrual cycle, conceptualised within a broad band testing framework
by Ussher, J. M. & Wilding, J. M.
- 535-539 The male street prostitute: A vector for transmission of HIV infection into the heterosexual world
by Morse, Edward V. & Simon, Patricia M. & Osofsky, Howard J. & Balson, Paul M. & Gaumer, H. Richard
- 541-548 Information-giving in medical consultations: The influence of patients' communicative styles and personal characteristics
by Street, Richard L.
- 549-552 A dialogue between practitioners of alternative (traditional) medicine and modern (western) medicine in Norway
by Christie, Vigdis Moe
- 553-558 Nurse appraisal systems: Characteristics and effectiveness
by Cardy, Robert L. & Korodi, Cathy
- 559-563 Ethics and the care of persons with Bell's palsy
by Erde, Edmund L. & Eden, Avrim R.
- 565-577 Health care provision and distributive justice: End stage renal disease and the elderly in Britain and America
by Gill, Derek G. & Ingman, Stanley R. & Campbell, James
- 579-590 Gender differences in health related behaviour: Some unanswered questions
by Kandrack, Mary-Anne & Grant, Karen R. & Segall, Alexander
- 591-599 Whose side are we on now? Ethical issues in social research and medical practice
by Lawson, Annette
- 601-612 Pilgrimage of pain: The illness experiences of women with repetition strain injury and the search for credibility
by Reid, Janice & Ewan, Christine & Lowy, Eva
- 613-618 An alternative to unattended delivery--A training programme for village midwives in Papua New Guinea
by Alto, William A. & Albu, Ruth E. & Irabo, Garabinu
- 619-622 Who stopped smoking?--Results from a panel survey of living conditions in Sweden
by Lundberg, O. & Rosén, B. & Rosén, M.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 359-365 Contextual variations in the meaning of health inequality
by Illsley, Raymond & Baker, Deborah
- 367-371 Inequality in health--Some theoretical and empirical problems
by Vågerö, Denny
- 373-384 Rethinking the health selection explanation for health inequalities
by West, Patrick
- 385-393 Causal explanations for class inequality in health--An empirical analysis
by Lundberg, Olle
- 395-402 Lack of class variation in health in adolescence: An artefact of an occupational measure of social class?
by Macintyre, Sally & West, Patrick
- 403-410 Socio-economic differences in mortality among children. Do they persist into adulthood?
by Östberg, Viveca & Vågerö, Denny
- 411-417 Social and economic background and class inequalities in health among young adults
by Power, Chris
- 419-423 Long-term unemployment and mortality in Sweden, 1980-1986
by Stefansson, Claes-Göran
- 425-436 Class, paid employment and family roles: Making sense of structural disadvantage, gender and health status
by Arber, Sara
- 437-440 Mortality among the elderly in Sweden by social class
by Olausson, Petra Otterblad
- 441-448 Managing medicine: A response to the 'crisis'
by Hunter, David J.
- 449-454 Tranquillisers and health care in crisis
by Gabe, Jonathan & Bury, Michael
- 455-464 The increasing number of very old people will change the Swedish model of the welfare state
by Thorslund, Mats
- 465-471 Advertising for psychotropic drugs in the Nordic countries: Metaphors, gender and life situations
by Riska, Elianne & Hägglund, Ulrica
- 473-481 Towards a Swedish health policy for the 1990s: Planned markets and public firms
by von Otter, Casten & Saltman, Richard B.
- 483-489 Community versus hospital care: The crisis in psychiatric provision
by Prior, Lindsay
- 491-497 The service system at the crossroad of demography and policy making-- Implications for the elderly
by Andersson, Lars
- 499-506 A 'crisis' of closure and openness: The present state of the Swedish mental health system in the light of a policy of sectorisation
by Goldie, Nigel & Fredén, Lars
- 507-515 The informal sector of welfare: A crisis in caring?
by Graham, Hilary
- 517-524 Disablement and the ideological crisis in health care
by Williams, Gareth H.
- v-vii Guest editorial
by Vågerö, Denny & Hunter, David J.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 241-247 The mental health of women 6 months after they give birth to an unwanted baby: A longitudinal study
by Najman, J. M. & Morrison, J. & Williams, G. & Andersen, M. & Keeping, J. D.
- 249-259 Can intensive campaigns dynamize front line health services? The evaluation of an immunization campaign in thiès health district, Senegal
by Unger, J. -P.
- 261-266 The persistence of Chinese medicine: Adjustment and diversity
by Ooi, G. L.
- 267-272 Handicaps physiques, pratiques economiques et strategies matrimoniales au Senegal
by Fassin, Didier
- 273-278 Screening couples for parenthood by donor insemination
by Humphrey, Michael & Humphrey, Heather & Ainsworth-Smith, Ian
- 279-286 Confidentiality for whom?
by Robinson, Ian
- 287-294 Dental decisionmaking and variation in dentist service rates
by Grembowski, David & Milgrom, Peter & Fiset, Louis
- 295-304 Grief resolution among the bereaved in hospice and hospital wards
by Ransford, H. Edward & Smith, M. Lorraine
- 305-309 Morbidity in Swedish farmers, 1978-1983, according to national hospital records
by Thelin, Anders
- 311-320 Prediction of motivation and behavior change following health promotion: Role of health beliefs, social support, and self-efficacy
by Kelly, Robert B. & Zyzanski, Stephen J. & Alemagno, Sonia A.
- 321-326 The public prestige of medical specialties: Overviews and undercurrents
by Rosoff, Stephen M. & Leone, Matthew C.
- 327-332 The influence of medical school clinical experiences on career preferences: A multidimensional perspective
by Brooks, Charles H.
- 333-342 The research imperative and bureaucratic control: The case of clinical research
by Hall, David
- 343-347 Duration and correlates of post-partum abstinence in four sites in Zaire
by Hassig, Susan E. & Bertrand, Jane T. & Djunghu, Balowa & Kinzoni, Minuku & Mangani, Nlandu
- 349-351 Sociocultural aspects of menstrual attitudes and premenstrual experiences in India
by Chaturvedi, Santosh K. & Chandra, Prabha S.
- 353-354 The beginning of the pain centres in France
by Hekster, G. B.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 117-126 The quest for wholeness: Health care strategies among the residents of council-built hostels in cape town
by Heap, Marion & Ramphele, Mamphela
- 127-140 Women and depression: A Durkheimian perspective
by Schwartz, Sharon
- 141-146 The Tromsø study: Predictors of self-evaluated health--Has society adopted the expanded health concept?
by Fylkesnes, Knut & Førde, Olav Helge
- 147-152 A comparison of hospice and conventional care
by Seale, Clive
- 153-157 The management of confidentiality in general medical practice: A comparative study in the U.S.A. and the Netherlands
by Lako, C.J. & Lindenthal, J.J.
- 159-165 Distribution and performance of rural health workers in Papua New Guinea
by Thomason, Jane A. & Kolehmainen-Aitken, Riitta-Liisa
- 167-174 Overconfidence among physicians and nurses: The 'micro-certainty, macro-uncertainty' phenomenon
by Baumann, Andrea O. & Deber, Raisa B. & Thompson, Gail G.
- 175-191 Traditional perceptions of marasmus in Pakistan
by Mull, Dorothy S.
- 193-196 The understanding of common health terms by doctors, nurses and patients
by Hadlow, Jan & Pitts, Marian
- 197-201 Determinants of mental illness in a rural Ethiopian adult population
by Tafari, Solomon & Aboud, Frances E. & Larson, Charles P.
- 203-209 Attitudes of rural people in central Ethiopia toward epilepsy
by Tekle-Haimanot, Redda & Abebe, Mekonnen & Forsgren, Lars & Gebre-Mariam, Ayele & Heijbel, Jan & Holmgren, Gösta & Ekstedt, Jan
- 211-219 Analysing morbidity determination with flawed data: The case of dysentery in regional India
by Beenstock, Michael & Sturdy, Patricia
- 221-228 Adolescents' perceptions of risk for HIV infection: Implications for future research
by Strunin, Lee
- 229-232 Dental students' treatment of anxious patients
by O'Shea, Robert M. & Mendola, Pauline & Corah, Norman L.
- 237-237 Letter to the editor
by Philippe Rushton, J.
1991, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-10 Pioneer medical missions in colonial Africa
by Good, Charles M.
- 11-14 Imperialism, colonialism and the new science of nutrition: The Tanganyika experience, 1925-1945
by Little, Marilyn
- 15-27 Sickness absence and work strain among Danish slaughterhouse workers: An analysis of absence from work regarded as coping behaviour
by Kristensen, Tage S.
- 29-34 Children who cross cultures
by Öry, FerkóG. & Simons, Marjanne & Verhulst, Frank C. & Leenders, Frans R. H. & Wolters, Willem H. G.
- 35-42 Patients' willingness to enter clinical trials: Measuring the association with perceived benefit and preference for decision participation
by Llewellyn-Thomas, H. A. & McGreal, M. J. & Thiel, E. C. & Fine, S. & Erlichman, C.
- 43-49 Health service resources as determinants of infant death in rural Bangladesh: An empirical study
by Paul, Bimal Kanti
- 51-57 Library services for primary health care
by Weitzel, Rolf
- 59-64 Public knowledge of thalassemia in Greece and current concepts of the social status of the thalassemic patients
by Politis, Constantina & Richardson, Clive & Yfantopoulos, John G.
- 65-70 Multidisciplinary co-operation in primary care for asthmatic children
by Mesters, Ilse & Meertens, Ree & Mosterd, Neeltje
- 71-76 Experience and preparation of community nursing staff for work associated with HIV infection and AIDS
by Bond, Senga & Rhodes, Tim & Philips, Peter & Setters, Jo & Foy, Chris & Bond, John
- 77-81 Factors influencing professional home care utilization among the elderly
by Kempen, G. I. J. M. & Suurmeijer, TH. P. B. M.
- 83-87 Need satisfaction in terminal care settings
by Dawson, Norma Jean
- 89-94 Patient compliance--Whose responsibility?
by Ross, Fiona M.
- 95-102 Family relationships in two types of terminal care
by Birenbaum, Linda K. & Robinson, Michaelle Ann
- 103-106 Epidemiology and the new public health; Implications for training
by Bruce, N. G.
- 107-108 Comparative perspectives in biopsychosocial health. Report on a symposium
by Lolas, Fernando & Hentschel, Uwe & Hahn, Peter
- 109-110 Soviet medicine in the era of 'Perestroyka'--Some notes on the Siberian conference on human health as an indicator of social development
by Firkowska-Mankiewicz, Anna
1990, Volume 31, Issue 12
- 1287-1293 Economic appraisal of new technology in the absence of survival data--The case of total hip replacement
by Daellenbach, H. G. & Gillespie, W. J. & Crosbie, P. & Daellenbach, U. S.
- 1295-1299 Cultural consultation for cancer: Astrocytoma in a Cambodian adolescent
by Eisenbruch, Maurice & Handelman, Lauren
- 1301-1311 The structure of a factory closure: Individual responses to job-loss and unemployment in a 10-year controlled follow-up study
by Westin, Steinar
- 1313-1319 Adverse effects of acculturation: Psychological distress among Mexican American young adults
by Kaplan, Mark S. & Marks, Gary
- 1321-1326 A test of the relationship between race, socioeconomic status, and psychological distress
by Cockerham, William C.
- 1327-1336 Practice guidelines and professional autonomy in a universal health insurance system: The case of tissue plasminogen activator in Ontario
by Naylor, C. David & Hollenberg, A. Andrew
- 1337-1345 Sensitivity to patient's psychosocial concerns: Relationships among ratings by primary care and traditional internal medicine house officers and patient self-assessments
by Mullan, Patricia B. & Stross, Jeoffrey K.
- 1347-1363 Producing health, consuming health care
by Evans, Robert G. & Stoddart, Gregory L.
- 1365-1375 Changes in breast-feeding in the Philippines, 1973-1983
by Guilkey, David K. & Popkin, Barry M. & Flieger, Wilhelm & Akin, John S.
- 1377-1385 Perceptions and behaviour among elderly hospital patients: Description and explanation of age differences in satisfaction, knowledge, emotions and behaviour
by Breemhaar, B. & Visser, A. Ph. & Kleijnen, J. G. V. M.
1990, Volume 31, Issue 11
- 1191-1200 Apartheid, stress and illness: The demographic context of distress reported by South African Africans
by Turton, Raistrick William & Chalmers, Beverly E.
- 1201-1206 Valuation of health states by the general public: Feasibility of a standardized measurement procedure
by Essink-Bot, Marie-Louise & Bonsel, Gouke J. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 1207-1211 Cost and output of mobile clinics in a commercial farming area in Zimbabwe
by Vos, J. & Borgdorff, M. W. & Kachidza, E. G.
- 1213-1217 Winter-summer differences in the effects of emotion, posture and place of measurement on blood pressure
by James, Gary D. & Yee, Lily S. & Pickering, Thomas G.
- 1219-1227 Roots of increased health care inequality in New York
by Wallace, Deborah
- 1229-1232 Correlates of willingness to consider organ donation among blacks
by Creecy, Robert F. & Wright, Roosevelt
- 1233-1238 Changing water-use patterns in a water-poor area: Lessons for a trachoma intervention project
by McCauley, Ann P. & Lynch, Matthew & Pounds, Moses B. & West, Sheila
- 1239-1243 The evolution of antihypertensive therapy
by Kawachi, Ichiro & Wilson, Nicholas
- 1245-1249 Determinants of mothers' treatment of diarrhea in rural Ethiopia
by Olango, Petros & Aboud, Frances
- 1251-1256 Estimates of psychological distress among Vietnamese refugees: Adolescents, unaccompanied minors and young adults
by Kirk Felsman, J. & Leong, Frederick T. L. & Johnson, Mark C. & Crabtree Felsman, Irene
- 1257-1263 Drug makers and drug regulators: Too close for comfort. A study of the Canadian situation
by Lexchin, Joel
- 1265-1270 Childhood vaccination in a squatter area of Manila: Coverage and providers
by Auer, Christian & Tanner, Marcel
- 1271-1275 Smoking behaviour among pregnant women prior to antenatal care registration
by Cnattingius, Sven & Thorslund, Mats
- 1277-1280 Pharmaceutical service delivery by community pharmacies in areas of contrasting medical provision
by Mukerjee, D. & Blane, D. B.
- 1281-1283 Evaluating health related quality of life: An indifference curve interpretation for the time trade-off technique
by Mehrez, Abraham & Gafni, Amiram
1990, Volume 31, Issue 10
- 1075-1084 State violence and health in Nigeria
by Alubo, S.Ogoh
- 1085-1092 Ambulatory medical care for the elderly in Switzerland
by Jeangros, Claudine & Hausser, Dominique & Martin, Jean
- 1093-1102 Within and without: Images of community and implications for South African psychology
by Butchart, Alex & Seedat, Mohamed
- 1103-1118 Regulation, retrenchment-- The DRG experience: Problems from changing reimbursemwnt practice
by Greer Gay, E. & Kronenfeld, Jennie J.
- 1119-1125 Injections: A fatal attraction?
by Reeler, Anne Vibeke
- 1127-1134 Low status control, high effort at work and ischemic heart disease: Prospective evidence from blue-collar men
by Siegrist, Johannes & Peter, Richard & Junge, Astrid & Cremer, Peter & Seidel, Dieter
- 1135-1141 Knowledge and attitude change as predictors of metabolic improvement in diabetes education
by Dunn, Stewart M. & Beeney, Linda J. & Hoskins, Penny L. & Turtle, John R.
- 1143-1158 Professional interface with mutual-aid self-help groups: A review
by Stewart, Miriam J.
- 1159-1168 Determinants of health-promoting lifestyle in ambulatory cancer patients
by Frank-Stromborg, Marilyn & Pender, Nola J. & Noble Walker, Susan & Sechrist, Karen R.
- 1169-1176 Social learning correlates of exercise self-efficacy: Early experiences with physical activity
by Hofstetter, C.R. & Hovell, M.F. & Sallis, J.F.
- 1177-1185 The psychological profile of women attending breast-screening tests
by Kreitler, Shulamith & Chaitchik, Samario & Kreitler, Hans
1990, Volume 31, Issue 9
- 951-962 International behavioral responses to a health hazard: AIDS
by Earickson, Robert J.
- 963-969 Self-perceived health among sports participants and non-sports participants
by Lamb, K. L. & Roberts, K. & Brodie, D. A.
- 971-978 Gender, employment and medication use
by Zadoroznyj, Maria & Svarstad, Bonnie L.
- 979-987 Oral rehydration therapy and social marketing in rural Kenya
by Kenya, P. R. & Gatiti, S. & Muthami, L. N. & Agwanda, R. & Mwenesi, H. A. & Katsivo, M. N. & Omondi-Odhiambo & Surrow, A. & Juma, R. & Ellison, R. H. & Cooper, G. & van Andel, F. G.
- 989-995 An orientation toward help-seeking for emotional problems
by Tijhuis, M. A. R. & Peters, L. & Foets, M.
- 997-1000 Do attitudes predict uptake of smoking in teenagers? Case not proven
by Jarvis, Martin J. & Goddard, Eileen & McNeill, Ann
- 1000-1000 A reply to Jarvis, Goddard and McNeill by Charlton, Blair and Tranmer
by Charlton, A. & Blair, V. & Tranmer, M.
- 1001-1001 Reply to Dr Charlton et al
by Jarvis, Martin J. & Goddard, Eileen & McNeill, Ann
- 1003-1011 Associations with life satisfaction among very elderly people living in a deprived part of inner London
by Bowling, Ann
- 1013-1022 Stress experienced by physicians and nurses in the cancer ward
by Ullrich, Andreas & FitzGerald, Peter
- 1023-1028 Condoms and cosmology: The 'fractal' person and sexual risk in Rwanda
by Taylor, Christopher C.
- 1029-1033 Health, attitudes and beliefs of working women
by Mubarak, K. & Shafqat, S. & Malik, U. & Pirzada, R. & Qureshi, A. F.
- 1035-1041 Patterns of psychosocial performance in the doctor-patient encounter: A study of family practice residents
by Shapiro, Johanna
- 1043-1050 Towards rational medicine use: Is there a role for children?
by Bush, Patricia J. & Hardon, Anita P.
- 1051-1056 Some health dimensions of self-efficacy: Analysis of theoretical specificity
by Hofstetter, C. R. & Sallis, J. F. & Hovell, M. F.
- 1057-1066 Expanding theoretical conceptualizations of self-help groups
by Stewart, Miriam J.
- 1067-1071 Cooperation in mental health: An Italian project in Nicaragua
by Saraceno, Benedetto & Briceno, Roberto Aguilar & Asioli, Fabrizio & Liberati, Alessandro & Tognoni, Gianni
1990, Volume 31, Issue 8
- 831-831 Preface
by Illsley, Raymond
- 833-836 Introduction
by Wnuk-Lipinski, Edmund & Illsley, Raymond
- 837-846 The Bulgarian country profile: The dynamics of some inequalities in health
by Minev, Duchomir & Dermendjieva, Bogdana & Mileva, Natasha
- 847-857 The Hungarian country profile: Inequalities in health and health care in Hungary
by Orosz, Eva
- 859-866 The Polish country profile: Economic crisis and inequalities in health
by Wnuk-Lipinski, Edmund
- 867-877 The Soviet country profile: Health of the U.S.S.R. population in the 70s and 80s--An approach to a comprehensive analysis
by Mezentseva, Elena & Rimachevskaya, Natalia
- 879-889 International comparative analysis: Main findings and conclusions
by Wnuk-Lipinski, Edmund & Illsey, Raymond
- 891-905 Scientific racism: Reflections on peer review, science and ideology
by Leslie, Charles
- 905-909 Comments
by Rushton, J. Philippe
- 909-910 Comments
by Owen Lovejoy, C.
- 910-911 Comments
by Wilson, Glenn D.
- 911-912 Comments
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
- 912-912 Rejoinder
by Leslie, Charles
- 913-923 The holistic heresy: Strategies of ideological challenge in the medical profession
by Wolpe, Paul Root
- 925-931 The measurement of health-related quality of life: Major dimensions identified by factor analysis
by Jenkins, C. David & Jono, Robert T. & Stanton, Babette-Ann & Stroup-Benham, Christine A.
- 933-939 The near-death experience as status passage
by Kellehear, Allan
- 941-947 A comparative study of feelings, attitudes and behaviors of patients with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis
by Gaston-Johansson, Fannie & Gustafsson, Marianne & Felldin, Ruth & Sanne, Harold
1990, Volume 31, Issue 7
- 711-718 Community health care and hospital attendance: A case study in rural Ghana
by Zwart, Sjoerd & Voorhoeve, Henk W. A.
- 719-727 Patient initiatives and physician-challenging behaviors: The views of Israeli health professionals
by Shye, Diana & Javetz, Rachel & Shuval, Judith T.
- 729-736 Modernization and catecholamine excretion of young Samoan adults
by Pearson, Jay D. & Hanna, Joel M. & Fitzgerald, Maureen H. & Baker, Paul T.
- 737-741 'Codes' and practice: Information in drug advertisements--An example from Sri Lanka
by Tomson, Göran & Weerasuriya, Kris
- 743-751 Preferences for health care involvement, perceived control and surgical recovery: A prospective study
by Mahler, Heike I. M. & Kulik, James A.
- 753-762 Health status and the housing system
by Smith, Susan J.
- 763-771 Caring for the elderly: The partnership issue
by Jutras, Sylvie
- 773-781 Spatial patterns of attendance at general practitioner services
by Hays, Susan M. & Kearns, Robin A. & Moran, Warren
- 783-789 Female autonomy and child nutritional status: The extended-family residential unit in Amman, Jordan
by Doan, Rebecca Miles & Bisharat, Leila
- 791-800 Knowledge regarding organ donation: Identifying and overcoming barriers to organ donation
by Horton, Raymond L. & Horton, Patricia J.
- 801-813 Urban desertification, public health and public order: 'Planned shrinkage', violent death, substance abuse and AIDS in the Bronx
by Wallace, Rodrick
- 815-822 Patterns of care for chronic patients after the Italian psychiatric reform. A longitudinal case register study
by Calabrese, Lori Viscogliosi & Micciolo, Rocco & Tansella, Michele