Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
1990, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 341-348 Breast feeding promotion in an urban and a rural Jamaican hospital
by Cunningham, William E. & Segree, Winsome
- 349-364 Preventing alcohol related birth damage: A review
by Waterson, E.J. & Murray-Lyon, Iain M.
- 365-372 The social recognition of repetition strain injuries: An Australian/American comparison
by Hopkins, Andrew
- 373-378 Male and female physicians: Family and career comparisons
by Uhlenberg, Peter & Cooney, Teresa M.
- 379-383 Determinants of partial participation in the immunization programmes in Iran
by Nasseri, Kiumarss & Latifi, Mehdi & Azordegan, Firooz & Shafii, Forough & All-E-Agha, Reza
1990, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 179-187 Reinventing medical anthropology: Toward a critical realignment
by Singer, Merrill
- 189-197 Three propositions for a critically applied medical anthropology
by Scheper-Hughes, Nancy
- 199-204 Some implications for the study of the doctor-patient interaction: Power, structure, and agency in the works of Howard Waitzkin and Arthur Kleinman
by Pappas, Gregory
- 205-209 Somatizing distress: Hospital treatment of psychiatric co-morbidity and the limitations of biomedicine
by Padgett, Deborah & Johnson, Thomas M.
- 211-219 International politics and primary health care in Costa Rica
by Morgan, Lynn M.
- 221-226 A question of adequacy: Primary health care in the Dominican Republic
by Whiteford, Linda M.
- 227-235 Transnational tobacco companies and health in underdeveloped countries: Recommendations for avoiding a smoking epidemic
by Stebbins, Kenyon Rainier
- 237-248 Kerr-McGee and the NRC: From Indian country to silkwood to Gore
by Baer, Hans
- 249-260 A critical perspective on coronary artery disease and coronary bypass surgery
by Bates, Maryann S.
- V-VIII Critical medical anthropology in question
by Singer, Merrill & Baer, Hans A. & Lazarus, Ellen
1990, Volume 30, Issue 1
- VII-IX Introduction
by Earickson, Robert
- 1-12 Spatial patterns of use of health services in the Kingston Metropolitan Area, Jamaica
by Bailey, W. & Phillips, D.R.
- 13-24 The ecology of health services utilization in Grenada, West Indies
by Poland, Blake D. & Martin Taylor, S. & Hayes, Michael V.
- 25-34 Correlates of health-care use: Inuit and cree of Northern Quebec
by Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Foggin, Peter & Rannou, Andre
- 35-44 Ontario's underserviced area program revisited: An indirect analysis
by Anderson, Malcolm & Rosenberg, Mark W.
- 45-52 A framework for modeling the consumption of health services by the rural elderly
by Joseph, Alun E. & Cloutier, Denise S.
- 53-66 Socio-spatial perspectives on the utilization of emergency hospital services in two urban territories in Quebec
by Béland, François & Philibert, Lise & Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Maheux, Brigitte
- 67-82 Variation in Michigan hospital use rates: Do physician and hospital characteristics provide the explanation?
by Clark, Jane Deane
- 83-94 An analysis of psychiatric patient attributes in Salford using categorical data models
by Nutter, R.D. & Thomas, R.W.
- 95-102 Housing satisfaction, preference and need among the chronically mentally disabled in Hamilton, Ontario
by Elliott, Susan J. & Taylor, S.Martin & Kearns, Robin A.
- 103-109 Congenital malformations in the fylde region of Lancashire, England 1957-1973
by Lovett, A.A. & Gatrell, A.C. & Bound, J.P. & Harvey, P.W. & Whelan, A.R.
- 111-118 The community perinatal health care system of urban Cape Town, South Africa--I. Characteristics of mothers and birth outcomes
by Rip, Michael Russell & Hunter, John M.
- 119-130 The community perinatal health care system of urban Cape Town, South Africa--II. Geographical patterns
by Rip, Michael Russell & Hunter, John M.
- 131-141 Housing dampness and health amongst British Bengalis in East London
by Hyndman, S.J.
- 143-155 Health based geographical information systems: Their potential examined in the light of existing data sources
by Twigg, Liz
- 157-164 How significant are the spatial configurations of health care systems?
by Eyles, John
- 165-171 Conceptions of space and community in British health policy
by Moon, Graham
- 173-177 Activism for medical geographers: American, British and Canadian viewpoints
by Greenberg, Michael R. & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Phillips, David R. & Schneider, Dona
- V-V Foreword
by Earickson, Robert
1989, Volume 29, Issue 12
- 1319-1330 The documentation of Nazi medicine by German medical sociologists: A review article
by Maretzki, Thomas W.
- 1330-1331 Comments
by Unschuld, Paul U. & Weber, Mathias
- 1333-1341 Child health and child care in Okelele: An indigenous area of the city of Ilorin, Nigeria
by Adedoyin, Michael A. & Watts, Susan J.
- 1343-1349 Community health services and health care utilization in rural Bangladesh
by Amin, Ruhul & Chowdhury, Shifiq A. & Kamal, G. M. & Chowdhury, J.
- 1351-1362 Epidemiological appraisal of the active role of women in the decline of infant mortality in Spain during the twentieth century
by Garcia-Gil, Carmen & Cortés-Majó, Margarita & Garcia Nieto, Adoración & Rosado Martín, Mercedes & Nájera, Enrique
- 1363-1366 Studies on drug utilization: Bilateral case study in Poland and Sweden
by Szuba, T. J. & Westerholm, B.
- 1367-1372 Occupational position and type a behavior: Results from the first Monica survey, Augsburg, F.R.G
by Härtel, U. & Chambless, L.
- 1373-1379 Lead based remedies for empacho: Patterns and consequences
by Baer, Roberta D. & de Alba, Javier Garcia & Cueto, Luz Maria & Ackerman, Alan & Davison, Sharon
- 1381-1385 Privacy between physicians and patients: More than a matter of confidentiality
by Parrott, Roxanne & Burgoon, Judee K. & Burgoon, Michael & LePoire, Beth A.
- 1387-1392 Development of a social support instrument for use in population surveys
by Undén, Anna-Lena & Orth-Gomér, Kristina
- 1393-1399 Indian nutritionists and international nutritional standards: Concepts and controversies
by Messer, Ellen
1989, Volume 29, Issue 11
- 1235-1242 The construction of a social phenomenon: AIDS in the French press
by Herzlich, Claudine & Pierret, Janine
- 1243-1248 Comparisons between the self-assessed and observer-assessed presence and severity of colds
by Macintyre, Sally & Pritchard, Colin
- 1249-1252 National suicide and homicide rates: Correlates versus predictors
by Lester, David
- 1253-1259 Work disability among cancer patients
by Greenwald, Howard P. & Dirks, Susan J. & Borgatta, Edgar F. & McCorkle, Ruth & Nevitt, Michael C. & Yelin, Edward H.
- 1261-1269 The family's functioning with chronic illness in the mother: The spouse's perspective
by Lewis, Frances Marcus & Fugate Woods, Nancy & Ellison Hough, Edythe & Southwick Bensley, Lillian
- 1271-1280 Medical and social predictors of longevity in the elderly: Total predictive value and interdependence
by Deeg, Dorly J. H. & van Zonneveld, Robert J. & van der Maas, Paul J. & Habbema, J. Dik F.
- 1281-1288 Concepts in health promotion: The notion of relativism
by De Leeuw, Evelyne
- 1289-1297 Is it any good? The evaluation of therapy by participants in a clinical trial
by Wynne, Anna
- 1299-1303 Women's education and its influence on attitudes to aspects of child-care in a village community in Kerala
by Kutty, V. Raman
- 1305-1306 AIDS and its metaphors
by Guest, Charles
1989, Volume 29, Issue 10
- 1147-1155 Hidden consequences of state violence: Spinal cord injuries in Soweto, South Africa
by Cock, Jacklyn
- 1157-1162 Issues of definitions and their implications: AIDS and leprosy
by Volinn, Ilse J.
- 1163-1174 Low utilization of community health workers: Results from a household interview survey in Burkina Faso
by Sauerborn, R. & Nougtara, A. & Diesfeld, H. J.
- 1175-1181 Are psychological disorders most prevalent among older adults? examining the evidence
by Feinson, Marjorie Chary
- 1183-1190 Power and pain: The location of pain and fear in dentistry and the creation of a dental subject
by Nettleton, Sarah
- 1191-1198 Private troubles and public issues: Providing abortion amid competing definitions
by Roe, Kathleen M.
- 1199-1205 User fees for health care in developing countries: A case study of Bangladesh
by Stanton, Bonita & Clemens, John
- 1207-1216 Swedish physicians' perspectives on work and the medical care system--v. comparisons across specialties
by Twaddle, Andrew C.
- 1217-1227 A skin test survey of valley fever in Tijuana, Mexico
by Fredrich, Barbara E.
- 1229-1230 The economics of health care : by , and . Routledge & Kegan Paul, London, 1988. 286 pp
by Barer, Michael L.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 9
- 1043-1049 Guinea worm: An in-depth study of what happens to mothers, families and communities
by Watts, Susan J. & Brieger, William R. & Yacoob, May
- 1051-1056 Social support, life events and psychosomatic symptoms among 14-16-year-old adolescents
by Aro, Hillevi & Hänninen, Vilma & Paronen, Olavi
- 1057-1063 Reflexions methodologiques et epistemologiques en acupuncture
by Pascual, Pierre
- 1065-1070 Predictors of simple diarrhoea in children under 5 years--A study of a sudanese rural community
by El Samani, Fatih Z. & Willett, Walter C. & Ware, James H.
- 1071-1076 Human immunodeficiency virus seroprevalence in female intravenous drug users: The puzzle of black women's risk
by Lewis, Diane K. & Watters, John K.
- 1077-1082 Psychotoxicology: The return of the mad hatter
by Dumont, Matthew P.
- 1083-1089 Twins, smoking and mortality: A 12-year prospective study of smoking-discordant twin pairs
by Kaprio, Jaakko & Koskenvuo, Markku
- 1091-1098 The continuity of vaccination programmes: Reflections and a case from Gujarat, India
by Streefland, Pieter H.
- 1099-1104 Changing traditional medicine in rural Swaziland: The effects of the global system
by Gort, Enid
- 1105-1109 The finnish family competence study: Characteristics of pregnant women with low childbirth knowledge
by Rautava, Päivi
- 1111-1119 Traditional practitioners' behavioural adaptations to changing patients' demands in Sri Lanka
by Wolffers, Ivan
- 1121-1127 Deaths from injuries and induced abortion among rural Bangladeshi women
by Fauveau, V. & Blanchet, T.
- 1129-1131 Psychological aspects of albinism: An exploratory study with Nigerian (IGBO) albino subjects
by Ezeilo, Bernice N.
- 1133-1140 Dissemination of health information among rural dwellers in Africa: A Ghanaian experience
by Bosompra, Kwadwo
- 1143-1143 Suicide rates and handgun ownership in the United States 1959-1984: The relationship between changes in the variables
by Yang, Bijou & Lester, David
1989, Volume 29, Issue 8
- 905-905 Preface
by McGlashan, Neil D. & Chick, Neil K.
- 907-911 Regionalizing mortality data: Ischaemic heart disease in Norway
by Aase, Asbjørn
- 913-922 The epidemiological transition in an overseas territory: Disease mapping in French Polynesia
by Vigneron, Emmanuel
- 923-926 Geology, trace elements and health
by Warren, Harry V.
- 927-932 Health problems in rural communities, Zimbabwe
by Mutambirwa, Jane
- 933-938 An assessment of a rural health programme on child and maternal care: The Ogbomoso Community Health Care Programme (CHCP), Oyo State, Nigeria
by Iyun, Folasade
- 939-942 Geriatric assessment--An Australian idea
by Munro-Ashman, J.
- 943-951 Relations between health levels, services and demand in French Polynesia
by Vigneron, Emmanuel
- 953-958 The Hobart typhoid epidemic of 1887-88
by Kellaway, R.G.
- 959-964 Air pollution and respiratory diseases in children in São Paulo, Brazil
by Sobral, Helena Ribeiro
- 965-974 The other face of development: Native population, health status and indicators of malnutrition--The case of the Cree and Inuit of Northern Quebec
by Thouez, J.P. & Rannou, A. & Foggin, P.
- 975-982 Management of pneumonia in India and Indonesia
by Edmundson, Wade C. & Harris, Shelley A.
- 983-990 Lymphatic filariasis in Madras, India
by Hyma, B. & Ramesh, A. & Gunesekaran, K.
- 991-997 Acute diarrhoeal disease in India and Indonesia
by Edmundson, S.A. & Edmundson, Wade C.
- 999-1001 Brucellosis in Saudi Arabia
by Kiel, Frank W. & Yousuf Khan, M.
- 1003-1008 The geographical distribution of motorcycle accidents in Tasmania, 1983-1986
by Anutha, K. & Chladil, M.A.
- 1009-1013 Asbestos hazards in the city of Rome, Italy
by Del Piano, M. & Palagiano, C. & Rimatori, V.
- 1015-1026 Sudden infant deaths in Tasmania, 1980-1986: A seven year prospective study
by McGlashan, Neil D.
- 1027-1033 The diffusion of cardiovascular disease in the Norwegian farming community: A comnination of morbidity and mortality data
by Aase, Asbjørn & Almås, Reidar
- 1035-1042 Stroke mortality in Miyagi, Japan
by Sato, Tokiko
1989, Volume 29, Issue 7
- 791-792 The concept of disease: Its evolution in medical students
by Stefan, M. D. & McManus, I. C.
- 793-798 Love, self-esteem, and multiple sclerosis
by Walsh, Anthony & Walsh, Patricia Ann
- 799-811 Culture and 'compliance' among leprosy patients in Pakistan
by Mull, J. Dennis & Wood, Corinne Shear & Gans, Lydia P. & Mull, Dorothy S.
- 813-818 Predicting the onset of smoking in boys and girls
by Charlton, Anne & Blair, Valerie
- 819-833 Pesticides et cancers en milieu rural agricole au Quebec: Interpretation geographique
by Godon, Daniel & Lajoie, Pierre & Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Nadeau, Daniel
- 835-844 Exploring the determinants of periodontal treatment costs: A special focus on cigarette smoking
by Sintonen, Harri & Tuominen, Risto
- 845-852 Changing health beliefs and behaviors of resettled Laotian refugees: Ethnic variation in adaptation
by Brainard, Jean & Zaharlick, Amy
- 853-857 Prescription drug advertising trends: A study of oral hypoglycemics
by Mehta, Kumar K. & Sorofman, Bernard A. & Rowland, Clayton R.
- 859-868 Breast feeding and bottle feeding controversies in the developing world: Evidence from a study in four countries
by Winikoff, Beverly & Laukaran, Virginia H.
- 869-876 Sex differentials in cardiovascular mortality: An ecological analysis
by Park, Kyung Ae & Clifford, William B.
- 877-883 Assessing Arab-American health care needs
by Laffrey, Shirley C. & Meleis, Afaf I. & Lipson, Juliene G. & Solomon, Margot & Omidian, Patricia A.
- 885-889 Differential mortality by ethnicity: Foreign-born Irish, Italians and Jews in New York city, 1979-81
by Rosenwaike, Ira & Hempstead, Katherine
- 891-894 Cigarette smoking among medical students in Belgrade related to parental smoking habits
by Vlajinac, Hristina & Adanja, Benko & Jarebinski, Mirjana
- 895-896 Quest for health (a fable)
by Rodd, Nancy
- 897-898 Turkish migrants and somatic fixation in the Netherlands: Research in Amsterdam
by De Bruyn, Maria
- 901-901 Letter to the editor
by van der Geest, Sjaak
1989, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 691-693 The making of a sociomedical scientist
by Cahalan, Don
- 695-703 The long-run cost characteristics of dental practices in the U.S.A
by Brown, L.Jackson
- 705-714 Sentinel health events as indicators of unmet needs
by Carr, Willine & Szapiro, natan & Heisler, Toni & Krasner, Melvin I.
- 715-719 Issues and problems in measuring children's health status in community health research
by Fink, Raymond
- 721-728 The sociological image of medicine and the patient
by Gerhardt, Uta
- 729-732 Premature mortality and chronic alcoholism: Medical examiner cases, New Jersey
by Haberman, Paul W. & Natarajan, Geetha
- 733-742 The impact of the physical environment on the psychological well-being of office workers
by Klitzman, Susan & Stellman, Jeanne M.
- 743-751 Life events, meaning and narrative: The case of infidelity and divorce
by Riessman, Catherine Kohler
- 753-760 Professional life cycle changes and their effect on knowledge level of dental practitioners
by Sadowsky, Donald & Kunzel, Carol
- 761-768 An empirical analysis of the dimensions of health status measures
by Segovia, Jorge & Bartlett, Roy F. & Edwards, Alison C.
- 769-778 What diagnosis does not tell: The case for a noncategorical approach to chronic illness in childhood
by Stein, Ruth E.K. & Jessop, Dorothy Jones
- 779-789 Drug use among Puerto Rican youth: An exploration of generational status differences
by Velez, Carmen Noemi & Ungemack, Jane A.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 591-597 Non-government organizations in the health field: Collaboration, integration and contrasting aims in Africa
by Mburu, F.M.
- 599-608 Are large-scale volunteer community health worker programmes feasible? The case of Sri Lanka
by Walt, Gill & Perera, Myrtle & Heggenhougen, Kris
- 609-616 Impairment, disability and handicap in chronic respiratory illness
by Williams, Simon J. & Bury, Michael R.
- 617-626 Respiratory health indicators and acculturation among the Inuit and Cree of Northern Quebec: A regional approach using geographic seriation analysis
by Foggin, P.M. & Aurillon, N.
- 627-634 From anomie to anomia and anomic depression: A sociological critique on the use of anomie in psychiatric research
by Deflem, Mathieu
- 635-642 The social experiences of cancer patients under treatment: A comparative study
by Tempelaar, R. & de Haes, J.C.J.M. & de Ruiter, J.H. & Bakker, D. & van den Heuvel, W.J.A. & van Nieuwenhuijzen, M.G.
- 643-652 Born female: The development of nursing in Thailand
by Muecke, Marjorie A. & Srisuphan, Wichit
- 653-658 The demand for abortion in England and Wales
by Cairns, John A.
- 659-667 The relation of widow's needs and resources to perceived health and depression
by Lowenstein, Ariela & Rosen, Aaron
- 669-675 'Source force' and the Nepal medical profession
by Weiner, Saul J.
- 677-679 Infant mortality and health care in Mexican communities
by Holian, John
- 681-681 The impact of environmental factors upon patient attitudes and behaviour. A sociological study from Poland
by Lignowska, Iza
- 685-687 A disavowal and criticisms of 'breastfeeding trends in Singapore'
by Counsilman, J.J.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 479-486 Availability of pharmaceuticals in sub-Saharan Africa: Roles of the public, private and church mission sectors
by Vogel, Ronald J. & Stephens, Betsy
- 487-496 Healers, deities, saints and doctors: elements for the analysis of medical systems
by Pedersen, Duncan & Baruffati, Veronica
- 497-502 The psychosocial adjustment of patients and spouses to dialysis treatment
by Soskolne, Varda & De-Nour, Atara Kaplan
- 503-514 Making health policy management intersectoral: Issues of information analysis and use in less developed countries
by de Kadt, Emanuel
- 515-526 On the specificity of healing functions: A study of diagnosis in three faith healing institutions in Feira (Bahia, Brazil)
by Ngokwey, Ndolamb
- 527-536 The effects of nursing and physician services: Some preliminary results
by Hogan, Andrew J. & Rohrer, James E.
- 537-544 The logic of a controversy: The case of agent orange in Australia
by Hall, Wayne
- 545-553 The public controversies of aids in Puerto Rico
by Cunningham, Ineke
- 555-561 Family response in head injury: Denial ... or hope for the future?
by Ridley, Barbara
- 563-575 Sinking heart: A Punjabi communication of distress
by Krause, Inga-Britt
- 577-584 Community and individual considerations in legislation and test policy regarding HIV-infection in the Nordic countries--a cross national comparative study
by Krasnik, Allan & Bjoerner, Jakob & Christensen, Birgit Westphal
- 585-588 Do low levels of labour pain reflect low sensitivity to noxious stimulation?
by Niven, Catherine A. & Gijsbers, Karel J.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 265-276 AIDS: Methodological problems in studying its prevention and spread
by Ankrah, E. Maxine
- 277-292 Methodological problems in the study of psychosocial influences on the AIDS process
by Kaplan, Howard B.
- 293-300 Assumptions governing approaches to diagnosis and treatment
by Aakster, Cor W.
- 301-307 Traditional or transitional medical systems? Pharmacotherapy as a case for analysis
by Tan, Michael Lim
- 309-315 The health of adolescents: Beliefs and behaviour
by Friedman, Herbert L.
- 317-325 Understanding childrens' health behaviour: The implications for health promotion for young people
by Nutbeam, Don & Aar, Leif & Catford, John
- 327-339 Cultural variations in the response to psychiatric disorders and emotional distress
by Kirmayer, Laurence J.
- 341-349 Differences in the approaches of the doctor, manager, politician and social scientist in health care controversies--Hospital case-mix management methods: An illustration of the manager's approach in health care controversies
by de Pouvourville, Gérard
- 351-356 Technological disaster--Survival and bereavement
by Hodgkinson, Peter E.
- 357-367 Ecological upheavals with special reference to desertification and predicting health impact
by Were, Miriam K.
- 369-376 The contribution of medical care to inequalities in health: Differences between socio-economic groups in decline of mortality from conditions amenable to medical intervention
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Stronks, Karien & Kunst, Anton E.
- 377-383 Generational equity in America: A cultural historian's perspective
by Cole, Thomas R.
- 385-394 Justice across the generations
by Somerville, Margaret A.
- 395-402 Non-governmental organizations in the health field: Collaboration, integration and contrasting aims
by Smith, Karl
- 403-411 Man and his parasites: Integration of biomedical and social approaches to transmission and control
by Holland, Celia V.
- 413-423 Nutrition and health: Patterns and policy perspectives in food-rich countries
by Milio, Nancy
- 425-434 Pain: Its experience and treatments
by Baszanger, Isabelle
- 435-444 Schools of thought on pain
by Vrancken, Mariet A. E.
- 445-454 A new age for older people? policy shifts in health and social care
by Jamieson, Anne
- 455-462 Professional reimbursement and professional behavior: Emerging issues and research challenges
by Rosen, Bruce
- 463-468 Conceptual and methodological problems in research on the quality of life in clinical medicine
by Siegrist, Johannes & Junge, Astrid
- 469-477 Assumptions of the QALY procedure
by Carr-Hill, Roy A.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 117-123 Conceptual, theoretical and methodological issues in self-care research
by Dean, Kathryn
- 125-130 Self-care in health promotion
by Kickbusch, Ilona
- 131-136 Control over health and patterns of health-related behaviour
by Calnan, Michael
- 137-152 Self-care components of lifestyles: The importance of gender, attitudes and the social situation
by Dean, Kathryn
- 153-161 Exploring the correlates of self-provided health care behaviour
by Segall, Alexander & Goldstein, Jay
- 163-169 Menstrual pain, health and behaviour in girls
by Teperi, Juha & Rimpelä, Matti
- 171-183 Self-care among older adults
by Haug, Marie R. & Wykle, May L. & Namazi, Kevan H.
- 185-193 Self-care within a model for demand for medical care
by Bentzen, Niels & Christiansen, Terkel & Pedersen, Kjeld Møller
- 195-204 From activated patient to pacified activist: A study of the self-care movement in the United States
by DeFriese, Gordon H. & Woomert, Alison & Guild, Priscilla A. & Steckler, Allan B. & Konrad, Thomas R.
- 205-212 Mothers' benefit of a self-care booklet and a self-care educational session at child health centres
by Rasmussen, Finn
- 213-219 A clinical trial of a self-care approach to the management of chronic headache in general practice
by Winkler, Robin & Underwood, Peter & Fatovich, Barry & James, Ray & Gray, Dennis
- 221-224 Long-term outcomes of an arthritis self-management study: Effects of reinforcement efforts
by Lorig, Kate & Holman, Halsted R.
- 225-232 Benefits of self-help groups: A survey of 232 members from 65 disease-related groups
by Trojan, Alf
- 233-244 Self-care in Israel: Physicians' views and perspectives
by Shuval, Judith T. & Javetz, Rachel & Shye, Diana
- 245-252 The interpretation of self-care: A difference in outlook between clients and home-nurses
by Van Agthoven, W. M. & Plomp, H. N.
- 253-258 Statistical analysis of complex health and social data
by Kreiner, Svend
- 259-260 Letter to the editor
by Bloch, Daniel A. & Lorig, Kate & Brown, Byron Wm. & Moses, Lincoln E.
- 261-262 Letter to the editor
by Lavers, R. J. & Carr-Hill, R. A.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-12 The social control of human biomedical research: An overview and review of the literature
by Benson, Paul R.
- 13-22 Concepts about infant health, growth, and weaning: A comparison between nutritional scientists and madurese mothers
by Launer, Lenore J. & Habicht, Jean-Pierre
- 23-24 Social factors and trachoma: A review of the literature
by Marx, Rani
- 35-42 Are people willing and able to pay for health services?
by Yoder, Richard A.
- 43-52 Active patients: The integration of modern and traditional obstetric practices in Nepal
by Reissland, Nadja & Burghart, Richard
- 53-60 Migration, acculturation and utilization of primary health care
by Van der Stuyft, Patrick & De Muynck, Aimé & Schillemans, Leo & Timmerman, Chris
- 61-67 Overcoming 'psychosomatic' illness: Lay attributions of cure for five possible psychosomatic illness
by Furnham, Adrian