Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
1990, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 705-710 Psychology and health in Africa
by Ezeilo, Bernice N.
1990, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 527-536 Psychological distress and mortality: Evidence from the Alameda county study
by Roberts, Robert E. & Kaplan, George A. & Camacho, Terry C.
- 537-544 Sociodemographic and health factors in the well-being of homeless men in Sydney, Australia
by Darnton-Hill, Ian & Mandryk, John A. & Mock, Philip A. & Lewis, June & Kerr, Charles B.
- 545-550 Modeling heart disease mortality with census tract rates and social class mixtures
by Logue, Everett E. & Jarjoura, David
- 551-556 Sport participation and perceived health status: A study of adolescents
by Thorlindsson, Thorolfur & Vilhjalmsson, Runar & Valgeirsson, Gunnar
- 557-563 Emergency department utilization by two subcultures in the same geographical region
by Carmel, Sara & Anson, Ofra & Levin, Mordechai
- 565-576 Primary care practitioners' likelihood to engage in a bio-psychosocial approach: An additional perspective on the doctor-patient relationship
by Ben-Sira, Zeev
- 577-584 The mortality of first and second generation Irish immigrants in the U.K
by Raftery, James & Jones, David R. & Rosato, Michael
- 585-591 Application of the verbal autopsy during a clinical trial
by Pacqué-Margolis, Sara & Pacqué, Michel & Dukuly, Zwannah & Boateng, John & Taylor, Hugh R.
- 593-601 Blood pressure studies among Amazonian native populations: A review from an epidemiological perspective
by Fleming-Moran, Millicent & Coimbra, Carlos E. A.
- 603-607 Community pharmacy: A method of assessing quality of care
by Smith, Felicity J. & Salkind, M. R. & Jolly, Brian C.
- 609-618 A pilot study for an HIV prevention programme among commercial sex workers in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
by Wilson, David & Sibanda, Babusi & Mboyi, Lilian & Msimanga, Sheila & Dube, Godwin
- 619-624 Tolerance for ambiguity among medical students: Implications for their selection, training and practice
by Geller, Gail & Faden, Ruth R. & Levine, David M.
- 625-626 Belief in the efficacy of alternative medicine among general practitioners in the Netherlands
by Knipschild, Paul & Kleijnen, Jos & Riet, Gerben ter
1990, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 421-432 Questioning the status quo: Sickness absence research so far claims more than it should!
by Reidy, Angela
- 433-444 Levels of health development: A new tool for comparative research and policy formulation
by Hunter, Susan S.
- 445-453 Characteristics of women having abortion in China
by Li, Virginia C. & Wong, Glenn C. & Qui, Shu-hua & Cao, Fu-ming & Li, Pu-quan & Sun, Jing-hua
- 455-460 Reported versus recorded health service utilization in Grenada, West Indies
by Hayes, Michael V. & Taylor, S. Martin & Bayne, Lillian R. & Poland, Blake D.
- 461-465 Length of unemployment and psychological distress: Longitudinal and cross-sectional data
by Winefield, Anthony H. & Tiggemann, Marika
- 467-476 Patterns of preference for information sources in the adoption of new drugs by specialists
by Peay, Marilyn Y. & Peay, Edmund R.
- 477-484 The influence of social support on AIDS-related grief reaction among gay men
by Lennon, Mary Clare & Martin, John L. & Dean, Laura
- 485-490 Falls and subjective health rating among the elderly: Evidence from two Israeli samples
by Cwikel, Julie & Kaplan, Giora & Barell, Vita
- 491-500 An assessment of survey data on birthweight
by Moreno, Lorenzo & Goldman, Noreen
- 501-505 Psychology, mental health care and the future: Is appropriate transformation in post-apartheid South Africa possible?
by Vogelman, Lloyd
- 507-514 Urbanisation and health: Methodological difficulties in undertaking epidemiological research in developing countries
by Yach, Derek & Mathews, Catherine & Buch, Eric
- 515-523 The blood transfusion taboo of Jehovah's Witnesses: Origin, development and function of a controversial doctrine
by Singelenberg, Richard
1990, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 223-223 Foreword
by Asvall, Jo E.
- 225-227 Introduction
by Svensson, Per-Gunnar
- 229-236 Comparative review of sources, methodology and knowledge
by Illsley, Raymond
- 237-248 Health and social inequities in Belgium
by Lagasse, Raphael & Humblet, Perrine C. & Lenaerts, Ann & Godin, Isabelle & Moens, Guido F.G.
- 249-256 Health and social inequities in the Federal Republic of Germany
by Kirchgässler, K.-U.
- 257-265 Health and social inequities in Finland and elsewhere
by Lahelma, Eero & Valkonen, Tapani
- 267-274 Social inequalities in self-reported morbidity: Interpretation and comparison of data from Britain and France
by Aiach, Pierre & Curtis, Sarah
- 275-284 Interpreting inequalities in the Hungarian health system
by Csaszi, Lajos
- 285-290 Health and social inequities in Ireland
by Cook, Geoffrey
- 291-303 Health in Israel: Patterns of equality and inequality
by Shuval, Judith T.
- 305-312 Social differences in health and utilization of health services in Italy
by Piperno, Aldo & Di Orio, Ferdinando
- 313-318 Health and social inequities in Malta
by Agius, Francis
- 319-329 Health and social inequities in The Netherlands
by Spruit, Ingeborg P.
- 331-342 Health and social inequity in Norway
by Måseide, Per
- 343-350 Health inequalities in Poland
by Duch, Danuta & Sokooâwska, Magdalena
- 351-358 Health and social inequities in Spain
by Rodríguez, Josep A. & Lemkow, Louis
- 359-367 Health and social inequities in Sweden
by Diderichsen, Finn
- 369-386 Health and social inequities in Switzerland
by Lehmann, Philippe & Mamboury, Catherine & Minder, Christoph E.
- 387-392 Health and social inequalities in Turkey
by Dedeoglu, Necati
- 393-404 The measurement of inequities in health: Lessons from the British experience
by Carr-Hill, Roy
- 405-412 Health and social inequities in Yugoslavia
by Mastilica, Miroslav
- 413-420 The economics of inequality in health: A bibliography
by Pereira, João
1990, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 101-114 Utilization of selected hospitals, health centres and health stations in Central, Southern and Western Ethiopia
by Kloos, Helmut
- 115-128 Self-concept and cancer in adults: Theoretical and methodological issues
by Curbow, Barbara & Somerfield, Mark & Legro, Marcia & Sonnega, John
- 129-139 Geographical distribution of diabetes among the native population of Canada: A national survey
by Young, T.Kue & Szathmary, Emöke J.E. & Evers, Susan & Wheatley, Brian
- 141-152 Socio-economic mortality differences in the Netherlands in 1950-1984: A regional study of cause-specific mortality
by Kunst, A.E. & Looman, C.W.N. & Mackenbach, J.P.
- 153-157 Responsiveness to physicians' requests for information concerning drug interactions: A comparison of brand and generic companies
by Thomas, Martin & Lexchin, Joel
- 159-164 The impact of family functioning on health changes in children with cystic fibrosis
by Patterson, Joan M. & McCubbin, Hamilton I. & Warwick, Warren J.
- 165-170 Epilepsy and well-being
by Collings, John A.
- 171-173 Childbirth and postpartum care: Biomedical constraints on lay practice: Introduction
by Rylko-Bauer, Barbara
- 175-189 The role of obstetrical rituals in the resolution of cultural anomaly
by Davis-Floyd, Robbie E.
- 191-201 A comparison of attitudes and practices of episiotomy among obstetrical practitioners in New Mexico
by Graham, Susan Brandt & Catanzarite, Valerian & Bernstein, Judith & Varela-Gittings, Frances
- 203-210 The making of a medical tradition: Vaginal birth after cesarean
by McClain, Carol Shepherd
- 211-221 The place of the clock in pediatric advice: Rationales, cultural themes, and impediments to breastfeeding
by Millard, Ann V.
1990, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-4 Introduction
by Falck, Hans S.
- 5-11 Social work and the management of severe head injury
by Carlton, Thomas Owen & Darlene Gillikin Stephenson, M.
- 13-17 Social work practice theory: A trans-cultural resource for health care
by Turner, Francis J.
- 19-26 Social work in health care: Directions in practice
by Berkman, Barbara & Bonander, Evelyn & Rutchick, Irene & Silverman, Phyllis & Kemler, Beth & Marcus, Leonard & Isaacson-Rubinger, Molly-Jane
- 27-34 Person/environment construct: Positivist versus naturalist, dilemma or opportunity for health social work research and practice?
by Rodwell, Mary K.
- 35-42 Between social and somatic disorders: The promotion of health as part of general social work practice
by Wendt, Wolf Rainer
- 43-50 The national health care system in the welfare state
by Oppl, Hubert & von Kardorff, Ernst
- 51-59 Pain, somatic focus, and emotional adjustment in children of chronic headache sufferers and controls
by Mikail, Samuel F. & von Baeyer, Carl L.
- 61-68 Cash cropping, subsistence agriculture, and nutritional status among mothers and children in lowland Papua New Guinea
by Shack, Kathryn W. & Grivetti, Louis E. & Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 69-72 Are physicians' ratings of pain affected by patients' physical attractiveness?
by Hadjistavropoulos, Heather D. & Ross, Michael A. & Von Baeyer, Carl L.
- 73-79 Self- and other-awareness of the risk of HIV/AIDS in people with haemophilia and implications for behavioural change
by Markova, I. & Wilkie, P. A. & Naji, S. A. & Forbes, C. D.
- 81-90 Fear of cancer and knowledge of cancer: A review and proposed relevance to hazardous waste sites
by Berman, Steven H. & Wandersman, Abraham
- 91-94 Equity objectives in Portuguese health policy
by Jamieson, Anne & van der Geest, Sjaak & Pereira, João
- 95-96 Informal contacts in Poland's health care services
by Lignowska, Iza
1990, Volume 30, Issue 12
- 1265-1272 Research on AIDS interventions in developing countries: State of the art
by Schopper, Doris
- 1273-1281 Racial and gender discrimination: Risk factors for high blood pressure?
by Krieger, Nancy
- 1283-1288 Problems in comparing findings on social class cross-culturally--Applied to infant mortality (Australia and Britain)
by Quine, Susan
- 1289-1295 Gender differences in the experience of headache
by Celentano, David D. & Linet, Martha S. & Stewart, Walter F.
- 1297-1311 Mothers' satisfaction with the cost of children's care: The role of practice settings and actual expenses
by Dutton, Diana & Gomby, Deanna & Meunier, Baudouin
- 1313-1318 Change and continuity in patient theories of illness: The case of epilepsy
by Kirchgässler, K. U.
- 1319-1327 Design, implementation, and evaluation of a community financing scheme for hospital care in developing countries: A pre-paid health plan in the Bwamanda health zone, Zaire
by Moens, Freddy
- 1329-1339 Self-certification in lay midwives' organizations: A vehicle for professional autonomy
by Butter, Irene H. & Kay, Bonnie J.
- 1341-1347 Modeling the growth of long-stay populations in public mental hospitals
by Fisher, William H. & Phillips, Barbara F.
- 1349-1358 Participation effect from water projects on EPI
by Eng, Eugenia & Briscoe, John & Cunningham, Anne
- 1359-1365 Collaborative practice and provider styles of delivering health care
by Campbell, James D. & Mauksch, Hans O. & Neikirk, Helen J. & Hosokawa, Michael C.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 11
- 1149-1159 Qualitative research on chronic illness: The issue and the story
by Gerhardt, Uta
- 1161-1172 'Discovering' chronic illness: Using grounded theory
by Charmaz, Kathy
- 1173-1186 Personal narratives, social careers and medical courses: Analysing life trajectories in autobiographies of people with multiple sclerosis
by Robinson, Ian
- 1187-1194 Generating a model of epileptic stigma: The role of qualitative analysis
by Scambler, Graham & Hopkins, Anthony
- 1195-1200 Strategic uses of narrative in the presentation of self and illness: A research note
by Riessman, Catherine Kohler
- 1201-1210 Quality of everyday life in long stay institutions for the elderly. An observational study of long stay hospital and nursing home care
by Clark, Patricia & Bowling, Ann
- 1211-1224 Patient careers in end-stage renal failure
by Gerhardt, Uta
- 1225-1227 Use of the genealogical method in the exploration of chronic illness: A research note
by Armstrong, David
- 1229-1239 The status and validity of accounts obtained at interview: A contrast between two studies of families with a disabled child
by West, Patrick
- 1241-1246 What cancer tells us about general practice. Birth of an hypothesis
by Aiach, P. & Cebe, D. & Broclain, D.
- 1247-1256 Temporality and identity loss due to Alzheimer's disease
by Orona, Celia J.
- 1257-1263 Qualitative research on chronic illness: A commentary on method and conceptual development
by Conrad, Peter
- V-VI Preface
by Strauss, Anselm
1990, Volume 30, Issue 10
- 1041-1048 The relative influence of the community and the health system on work performance: A case study of community health workers in Colombia
by Robinson, Sheila A. & Larsen, Donald E.
- 1049-1063 Sorcery and penicillin: Treating illness on a Papua New Guinea island
by Lepowsky, Maria
- 1065-1072 Managing ecological upheavals: A third world perspective
by Desai, Bharat
- 1073-1080 Anticipatory grief: A review
by Sweeting, Helen N. & Gilhooly, Mary L. M.
- 1081-1087 Economic aspects of cervical cancer screening
by Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Lubbe, Koos Th. N. & van Oortmarssen, Gerrit J. & van Agt, Heleen M. A. & van Ballegooijen, Marjolein & Habbema, J. Dik F.
- 1089-1095 The risk approach in diarrheal disease intervention in Grenada
by Martin Taylor, S. & Hayes, Michael & Frank, John & White, Norman
- 1097-1105 Malaria among gold miners in Southern Pará, Brazil: Estimates of determinants and individual costs
by Vosti, Stephen A.
- 1107-1118 Participation in breast screening programs: A review
by Vernon, Sally W. & Laville, Elizabeth A. & Jackson, Gilchrist L.
- 1119-1129 A logit analysis of hospital choice behavior in Chollabukdo province of Korea
by Kim, Byung-Ryang
- 1131-1138 The rational use of antischistosomal drugs in schistosomiasis control
by Chandiwana, Stephen K. & Taylor, Paul
- 1139-1141 Patient origins and usage of a unani clinic in Aligarh Town, India
by Izhar, Nilofar
- 1143-1143 Letter to the editor
by Friedlander, Edward R.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 9
- 945-950 The medicalization of anthropology: A critical perspective on the critical-clinical debate
by Morgan, Lynn M.
- 951-959 On the creation of 'problem' patients
by Wright, Anne L. & Morgan, Wayne J.
- 961-968 Meeting production: The economics of contracting mental illness
by Baldwin, Dana M.
- 969-985 Contradictions in the social production of clinical knowledge: The case of schizophrenia
by McLean, Athena
- 987-1000 In what systems do alcohol/chemical addictions make sense? Clinical ideologies and practices as cultural metaphors
by Stein, Howard F.
- 1001-1009 Levels of explanation and cautions for a critical clinical anthropology
by Press, Irwin
- 1011-1013 The possibilities and dilemmas of building bridges between critical medical anthropology and clinical anthropology: A discussion
by Baer, Hans A.
- 1015-1023 Can they get along without us? Sustainability of donor-supported health projects in Central America and Africa
by Bossert, Thomas J.
- 1025-1034 Primary health care in a multi-level perspective: Towards a research agenda
by van der Geest, Sjaak & Speckmann, Johan D. & Streefland, Pieter H.
- 1035-1040 Farmers' occupational health programme in Finland, 1979-1987
by Notkola, V. & Husman, K. & Tupi, K. & Virolainen, R. & Nuutinen, J.
- V-V Preface
by Wright, Anne L. & Johnson, Thomas M.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 8
- 839-847 Waiting for the family legacy: The experience of being at risk for Machado-Joseph disease
by Boutté, Marie I.
- 849-857 Damaged goods: Oral narratives of the experience of disability in American culture
by Phillips, Marilynn J.
- 859-865 Double bind and disability: The case of traumatic head injury
by Krefting, Laura
- 867-877 Rehabilitation ideology and respiratory support technology
by Kaufert, Joseph M. & Locker, David
- 879-887 Ambiguity and difference: Families with dwarf children
by Ablon, Joan
- 889-893 The concept of self in the context of crisis: A study of families of the severely brain-injured
by Mwaria, Cheryl B.
- 895-900 Stigma, biomedical efficacy, and institutional control
by Goldin, Carol S.
- 901-912 International perspectives on treatment choice in neonatal intensive care units
by Levin, Betty Wolder
- 913-918 Facing AIDS: Reactions among police officers, nurses and the general public in Sweden
by Herlitz, Claes & Brorsson, Bengt
- 919-928 The indigenization of pharmaceuticals: Therapeutic transitions in rural Hausaland
by Etkin, Nina L. & Ross, Paul J. & Muazzamu, Ibrahim
- 929-940 Households, resources, and child health in a self-help settlement in Cairo, Egypt
by Tekce, Belgin
- 943-944 A comment on the meaning of numerical valuations of health states
by Nord, Erik
- V-VI Introduction
by Groce, Nora & Scheer, Jessica
1990, Volume 30, Issue 7
- 761-771 Medicalization, public policy and the elderly: Social services in jeopardy?
by Binney, Elizabeth A. & Estes, Carroll L. & Ingman, Stanley R.
- 773-776 Nutritional status and the incidence and duration of diarrhoeal disease among children in Northeast Thailand
by Thongkrajai, Earmporn & Stoeckel, John & Thongkrajai, Pramote
- 777-787 Gender differences in medical student distress: Contributions of prior socialization and current role-related stress
by Richman, Judith A. & Flaherty, Joseph A.
- 789-796 Chemotherapy: Principles in practice--A case study of the Philippines
by Gomes, Melba & Salazar, Nelia P.
- 797-804 Referrals to physiotherapy: The relation between the number of referrals, the indication for referral and the inclination to refer
by Kerssens, Jan J. & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 805-810 Incongruence between self-reported symptoms and objective evidence of respiratory disease among construction workers
by Demers, Raymond Y. & Fischetti, Lawrence R. & Neale, Anne Victoria
- 811-818 Patient sociodemographic characteristics as predictors of satisfaction with medical care: A meta-analysis
by Hall, Judith A. & Dornan, Michael C.
- 819-828 Flat on your back or back to your flat? Sources of increased hospital services utilization among the elderly in British Columbia
by Hertzman, C. & Pulcins, I. R. & Barer, M. L. & Evans, R. G. & Anderson, G. M. & Lomas, J.
- 829-835 The French version of the Nottingham health profile. A comparison of items weights with those of the source version
by Bucquet, D. & Condon, S. & Ritchie, K.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 643-656 Health aspects of resettlement in Ethiopia
by Kloos, Helmut
- 657-664 Baby Doe regulations and medical judgment
by York, Glyn Y. & Gallarno, Robert M. & York, Reginald O.
- 665-673 Social class and health in youth: Findings from the west of Scotland twenty-07 study
by West, Patrick & Macintyre, Sally & Annandale, Ellen & Hunt, Kate
- 675-691 Cow dung, rock salt, and medical innovation in the Hindu Kush of Pakistan: The cultural transformation of neonatal tetanus and iodine deficiency
by Mull, Dorothy S. & Anderson, Jon W. & Mull, J.Dennis
- 693-699 A pilot study of attendance for breast cancer screening
by Eardley, Anne & Elkind, Andrea
- 701-711 Neighbourhoods for health service administration
by Kivell, P.T. & Turton, B.J. & Dawson, B.R.P.
- 713-720 Homosexual and bisexual men's coping with the AIDS epidemic: Qualitative interviews with 10 non-HIV-tested homosexual and bisexual men
by Brendstrup, Eva & Schmidt, Kirsten
- 721-726 Health belief and compliance with screening for fecal occult blood
by Hoogewerf, Peter E. & Hislop, T.Gregory & Morrison, Brenda J. & Burns, Sheilagh D. & Sizto, Ronald
- 727-727 Anthropology and health in the arctic and subarctic: Status and prospects: Introduction
by Zegura, Stephen L.
- 729-738 Perceptions of risk, dilemmas of policy: Nuclear fallout in Swedish Lapland
by Beach, Hugh
- 739-749 Temporal constructs and inuit mental health
by Christie, Laird & Halpern, Joel M.
- 751-759 Secular trends and the pattern of growth in arctic populations
by Jamison, Paul L.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 523-536 The structure of readjustment after heart attack
by Ben-Sira, Zeev & Eliezer, Ronit
- 537-547 Towards a typology of general practitioners' attitudes to general practice
by Bucks, Romola S. & Williams, Angela & Whitfield, Michael J. & Routh, David A.
- 549-552 Attitudes to AIDS: A comparative analysis of a new and negative stereotype
by Walkey, Frank H. & Taylor, Antony J.W. & Green, Dianne E.
- 553-568 Inequalities in pregnancy outcome: A review of psychosocial and behavioural mediators
by Rutter, D.R. & Quine, Lyn
- 569-578 Problems and coping behaviour of facial cancer patients
by Koster, M.E.T.A. & Bergsma, J.
- 579-589 Physician utilization and urban native people in Saskatoon, Canada
by Waldram, James B.
- 591-596 Self care--Who does best?
by McLean, Julienne & Pietroni, Patrick
- 597-604 Psychosocial influences on new born outcomes: A controlled prospective study
by Pagel, Mark D. & Smilkstein, Gabriel & Regen, Hari & Montano, Dan
- 605-615 Determinants of active self-care behaviour of insulin treated patients with diabetes: Implications for diabetes education
by de Weerdt, Inge & Visser, Adriaan Ph. & Kok, Gerjo & van der Veen, Ed A.
- 617-623 Ghost illness in a North Indian village
by Freed, Ruth S. & Freed, Stanley A.
- 625-633 Breast-feeding in the modern health sector in Indonesia: The mother's perspective
by Hull, Valerie & Thapa, Shyam & Pratomo, Hadi
- 635-637 The relationship of social support and health
by Bloom, Joan R.
- 639-640 Driving experience and the risk of traffic accident among motorcyclists
by Wong, Tze-Wai & Lee, James & Phoon, Wai-on & Yiu, Po-Chu & Fung, Kam-Pui & McLean, Jack A.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 389-399 Clinical ethics: A role theoretic look
by Agich, George J.
- 401-405 Some links between successful implementation of primary health care interventions and the overall utilization of health services
by Gish, Oscar
- 407-415 Women and AIDS
by Campbell, Carole A.
- 417-429 Doctors and the state: Lessons from the Biko case
by Silove, Derrick
- 431-440 Behavioural factors affecting physical health of the New Zealand Maori
by Sachdev, Perminder S.
- 441-447 The biocultural context of social networks and depression among the elderly
by Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Wingard, Deborah L. & Barrett-Connor, Elizabeth
- 449-455 The mundane ailment and the physical self: Analysis of the social psychology of health and illness
by Olesen, Virginia & Schatzman, Leonard & Droes, Nellie & Hatton, Diane & Chico, Nan
- 457-467 The confounding of occupation and smoking and its consequences
by Sterling, T. & Weinkam, J.
- 469-477 Gender differences in the effect of unemployment on psychological distress
by Ensminger, Margaret E. & Celentano, David D.
- 479-486 Injury mortality in American Indian, Hispanic, and non-Hispanic white children in new Mexico, 1958-1982
by Olson, Lenora M. & Becker, Thomas M. & Wiggins, Charles L. & Key, Charles R. & Samet, Jonathan M.
- 487-494 Barriers and motivators to prenatal care among low-income women
by Lia-Hoagberg, Betty & Rode, Peter & Skovholt, Catherine J. & Oberg, Charles N. & Berg, Cynthia & Mullett, Sara & Choi, Thomas
- 497-502 Low birth-weight and pre-term delivery in South-East Asia. The who international collaborative study of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy
by Golding, Jean & Shenton, Terry
- 503-508 Social support, stress and functional status in patients with osteoarthritis
by Weinberger, Morris & Tierney, William M. & Booher, Patricia & Hiner, Sharon L.
- 509-515 Long-term patterns of general practice consulting behaviour: A qualitative 9-year analysis of general practice histories of a working-aged rural Finnish population
by Kokko, Simo J.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 261-266 Trends in the geographic inequality of cardiovascular disease mortality in the United States, 1962-1982
by Wing, Steve & Casper, Michele & Davis, Wayne & Hayes, Carl & Riggan, Wilson & Tyroler, H.A.
- 267-279 HIV/AIDS and school boards: A policy approach
by Foster, William F. & Somerville, Margaret A. & Duckett, Margaret
- 281-287 Community health workers in Bolivia: Adapting to traditional roles in the Andean community
by Bastien, Joseph W.
- 289-295 Prenatal screening of pregnant mothers for parenting difficulties: Final results from the Queen Mary Child care unit
by Egan, Tony G. & Monaghan, Sheila M. & Muir, Roy C. & Gilmore, Ruth J. & Clarkson, John E. & Crooks, Terry J.
- 297-304 Patient outcomes and regional planning of coronary care services: A location-allocation approach
by McLafferty, Sara & Broe, Daniel
- 305-310 Gender differences in tobacco use in Kenya
by Kaplan, Mara & Carriker, Laura & Waldron, Ingrid
- 311-323 Spiritual and natural etiologies on a Polynesian outlier in Papua New Guinea
by Feinberg, Richard
- 325-339 A model of empathic understanding and adherence to treatment regimens in practitioner-patient relationships
by Squier, Roger W.
- 341-348 Breast feeding promotion in an urban and a rural Jamaican hospital
by Cunningham, William E. & Segree, Winsome
- 349-364 Preventing alcohol related birth damage: A review
by Waterson, E.J. & Murray-Lyon, Iain M.
- 365-372 The social recognition of repetition strain injuries: An Australian/American comparison
by Hopkins, Andrew
- 373-378 Male and female physicians: Family and career comparisons
by Uhlenberg, Peter & Cooney, Teresa M.
- 379-383 Determinants of partial participation in the immunization programmes in Iran
by Nasseri, Kiumarss & Latifi, Mehdi & Azordegan, Firooz & Shafii, Forough & All-E-Agha, Reza
1990, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 179-187 Reinventing medical anthropology: Toward a critical realignment
by Singer, Merrill
- 189-197 Three propositions for a critically applied medical anthropology
by Scheper-Hughes, Nancy
- 199-204 Some implications for the study of the doctor-patient interaction: Power, structure, and agency in the works of Howard Waitzkin and Arthur Kleinman
by Pappas, Gregory
- 205-209 Somatizing distress: Hospital treatment of psychiatric co-morbidity and the limitations of biomedicine
by Padgett, Deborah & Johnson, Thomas M.
- 211-219 International politics and primary health care in Costa Rica
by Morgan, Lynn M.