Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
1992, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 139-145 Quality of life in patients with resected oesophageal cancer
by van Knippenberg, F. C. E. & Out, J. J. & Tilanus, H. W. & Mud, H. J. & Hop, W. C. J. & Verhage, F.
- 147-160 Syphilis, sex and crack cocaine: Images of risk and morality
by Balshem, Martha & Oxman, Gary & van Rooyen, Deborah & Girod, Kathy
- 161-175 Economic appraisal of asthma and COPD care: A literature review 1980-1991
by P.M.H., Maureen & Mölken, Rutten-Van & Van Doorslaer, Eddy K. A. & Rutten, Frans F. H.
- 177-182 Kidney procurement policies in the eurotransplant region : 'Opting in' versus 'opting out'
by Kokkedee, William
- 183-188 From illness to symbol and symbol to illness
by Lieban, Richard W.
- 189-193 A classification of psychological distress for use in primary care settings
by Goldberg, David
- 195-208 Mortality from selected cancers in NSW and Sydney, Australia
by Burnley, I. H.
- 209-216 Professional reimbursement and management of time in general practice : An international comparison
by Calnan, Michael & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jack
- 217-224 Integrating conflicting professional roles: Physician participation in randomized clinical trials
by Taylor, Kathryn M.
1992, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-2 Reckless driving, casual sex and shoplifting: What psychiatric categories, culture and history reveal about each other
by Nuckolls, Charles W.
- 3-24 From DSM-I to III-R; voices of self, mastery and the other: A cultural constructivist reading of U.S. psychiatric classification
by Gaines, Atwood D.
- 25-35 Structured ambiguity and the definition of psychiatric illness: Adjustment disorder among medical inpatients
by Pollock, Donald
- 37-47 Toward a cultural history of the personality disorders
by Nuckolls, Charles W.
- 49-56 The social construction of premenstrual syndrome
by Rodin, Mari
- 57-71 Psychiatry as social ordering: Anorexia nervosa, a paradigm
by Gremillion, Helen
- 73-80 Adolescence as a culture-bound syndrome
by Hill, Robert F. & Dennis Fortenberry, J.
- 81-90 DSM-III-R and religion
by Post, Stephen G.
- 91-103 The role of culture in a theory of psychiatric illness
by Fabrega, Horacio
1992, Volume 34, Issue 12
- 1303-1303 Introduction
by Powers, Bethel Ann
- 1305-1315 Feeling old versus being old: Views of troubled aging
by Cremin, Mary Christine
- 1317-1323 "It's like you're down on a bed of affliction": Aging and diabetes among black Americans
by Reid, Barbara V.
- 1325-1334 Intimacy, domesticity and pet therapy with the elderly: Expectation and experience among nursing home volunteers
by Savishinsky, Joel S.
- 1335-1343 The roles staff play in the social networks of elderly institutionalized people
by Powers, Bethel Ann
- 1345-1350 Health and illness behavior and patient-practitioner relationships
by Mechanic, David
- 1351-1361 The experience of asthma
by Snadden, David & Brown, Judith Belle
- 1363-1375 The routinization of hospice: Charisma and bureaucratization
by James, Nicky & Field, David
- 1377-1383 Effects of occupational stress on the physical and psychological health of women in a microelectronics plant
by Bromet, Evelyn J. & Dew, Mary Amanda & Parkinson, David K. & Cohen, Shelly & Schwartz, Joseph E.
- 1385-1397 Health-seeking behavior and the meaning of medications in Balochistan, Pakistan
by Hunte, Pamela A. & Sultana, Farhat
- 1399-1404 Compensation for harm: The implications for medical research
by Harvey, Ian & Chadwick, Ruth
- 1405-1411 Pregnant dreaming: Search for a typology of a proposed dream genre
by Sered, Susan & Abramovitch, Henry
- 1413-1424 The effect of the social organization of work on the voluntary turnover rate of hospital nurses in the United States
by Bloom, Joan R. & Alexander, Jeffrey A. & Nichols, Beverly A.
1992, Volume 34, Issue 11
- 1169-1182 Underreaction to AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Caldwell, John C. & Orubuloye, I.O. & Caldwell, Pat
- 1183-1190 Planning health care in South Africa--Is there a role for traditional healers?
by Freeman, M. & Motsei, M.
- 1191-1201 Suicide and unemployment in Italy: Description, analysis and interpretation of recent trends
by Platt, Stephen & Micciolo, Rocco & Tansella, Michele
- 1203-1216 Methodological issues and research strategies in the study of coping with cancer
by Somerfield, Mark & Curbow, Barbara
- 1217-1225 Patients' choices and perceptions after an invitation to participate in treatment decisions
by England, Stephanie Legg & Evans, Jeremy
- 1227-1235 Perceived morbidity and health behaviour in a Dogon community
by Copp[combining acute accent]o, P. & Pisani, L. & Keita, A.
- 1237-1247 Access to ambulatory care among noninstitutionalized, activity-limited persons 65 and over
by Miller, Robert H.
- 1249-1261 The quality and quantity of social support: Stroke recovery as psycho-social transition
by Glass, Thomas A. & Maddox, George L.
- 1263-1269 Genetic counselor attitudes towards fetal sex identification and selective abortion
by Burke, B.Meredith
- 1271-1276 Provision of food and fluids in terminal care: A sociological analysis
by McInerney, Fran
- 1277-1290 Mother's milk and pseudoscientific breastmilk testing in Pakistan
by Mull, Dorothy S.
- 1291-1293 Prevalence of smoking in secondary schools in the greater Accra region of Ghana
by Amonoo-Lartson, R. & Pappoe, Matilda E.
- 1295-1297 Beri-beri: Age-gender bias in the Gambia
by Barrett, Hazel R. & Browne, Angela W.
1992, Volume 34, Issue 10
- 1069-1076 The cultural logic of Indian medicine: Prognosis and etiology in Rajasthani popular therapeutics
by Lambert, Helen
- 1077-1087 What can information systems do for primary health care? An international perspective
by Sandiford, Peter & Annett, Hugh & Cibulskis, Richard
- 1089-1095 Community-based HIV/AIDS research--Whither community participation? Unsolved problems in a research programme in rural Uganda
by Seeley, Janet A. & Kengeya-Kayondo, Jane F. & Mulder, Daan W.
- 1097-1103 Quantitative and qualitative approaches to the evaluation of the medical dialogue
by Roter, Debra & Frankel, Richard
- 1105-1117 Yolmo aesthetics of body, health and 'soul loss'
by Desjarlais, Robert R.
- 1119-1127 Sexual behaviour related to psycho-social factors in a population of Danish homosexual and bisexual men
by Schmidt, Kirsten W. & Fouchard, Jan R. & Krasnik, Allan & Zoffmann, Henrik & Jacobsen, Henrik L. & Kreiner, Svend
- 1129-1134 Development and validation of the PCQ: A questionnaire to measure the psychological consequences of screening mammography
by Cockburn, Jill & De Luise, Trudy & Hurley, Susan & Clover, Kerrie
- 1135-1146 The impact of road construction on the spatial characteristics of hospital utilization in the Meru district of Kenya
by Airey, Tony
- 1147-1154 Determinants of perceived health status of medical outpatients
by Barsky, Arthur J. & Cleary, Paul D. & Klerman, Gerald L.
- 1155-1163 Communicative styles and adaptations in physician-parent consultations
by Street, Richard L.
1992, Volume 34, Issue 9
- 945-945 Preface
by Barer, Morris L. & Culyer, Anthony J. & Mooney, Gavin
- 947-957 Econometric critique of the economic change model of mortality
by Søgaard, Jes
- 959-964 To prescribe or not to prescribe: On the regulation of pharmaceuticals in less developed countries
by Hammer, Jeffrey S.
- 965-972 The economic evaluation of malaria control technologies: The case of Nepal
by Mills, Anne
- 973-981 Assessing the costs and benefits of medical research: The diabetic retinopathy study
by Drummond, Michael F. & Davies, Linda M. & Ferris, Frederick L.
- 983-991 The impact of recombinant human erythropoietin on medical care costs for hemodialysis patients in Canada
by Sheingold, Steven & Churchill, David & Muirhead, Norman & Laupacis, Andreas & Labelle, Roberta & Goeree, Ronald
- 993-1004 A cost utility analysis of mammography screening in Australia
by Hall, Jane & Gerard, Karen & Salkeld, Glenn & Richardson, Jeff
- 1005-1010 Towards a new approach for estimating indirect costs of disease
by Koopmanschap, Marc A. & van Ineveld, B. Martin
- 1011-1021 Quality competition in local hospital markets: Some econometric evidence from the period 1982-1988
by Chirikos, Thomas N.
- 1023-1034 Consumer information and biased selection in the demand for coverage supplementing medicare
by Davidson, Bruce N. & Sofaer, Shoshanna & Gertler, Paul
- 1035-1048 Towards a capitation formula for competing health insurers. An empirical analysis
by van Vliet, RenéC. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 1049-1055 The collectivisation of health insurance
by Nuijens, W. J. F. I.
- 1057-1068 International health spending forecasts: Concepts and evaluation
by Getzen, Thomas E. & Poullier, Jean-Pierre
1992, Volume 34, Issue 8
- 829-835 Child developmental delay and socio-economic disadvantage in Australia: A longitudinal study
by Najman, J. M. & Bor, W. & Morrison, J. & Andersen, M. & Williams, G.
- 837-842 More resources better health? A cross-national perspective
by Kim, Kwangkee & Moody, Philip M.
- 843-853 Behavioral risk factors for sexually transmitted disease in american households
by Ericksen, Karen Paige & Trocki, Karen F.
- 855-865 Yellow fever epidemics and mortality in the United States, 1693-1905
by Patterson, K. David
- 867-884 'Culture' in culture-bound syndromes: The case of anorexia nervosa
by Banks, Caroline Giles
- 885-898 Shades of blue: The negotiation of limited codes by medical residents
by Muller, Jessica H.
- 899-905 Maternal education in relation to early and late child health outcomes: Findings from a Brazilian cohort study
by Victoria, Cesar G. & Huttly, Sharon R. A. & Barros, Fernando C. & Lombardi, Cintia & Vaughan, J. Patrick
- 907-917 Gender, marital status and the social control of health behavior
by Umberson, Debra
- 919-927 A comparison of social support variables between women who intend to breast or bottle feed
by Renee Matich, J. & Sims, Laura S.
- 929-942 Correlates of hysterectomy in Australia
by Santow, Gigi & Bracher, Michael
1992, Volume 34, Issue 7
- 719-724 Militarism and world health
by Kiefer, Christie W.
- 725-733 Time prices and the demand for GP services
by Janssen, Richard
- 735-746 Therapeutic landscapes: Medical issues in light of the new cultural geography
by Gesler, Wilbert M.
- 747-755 Work-health relationships in middle-aged and elderly residents of a Jerusalem community
by Abramsom, J. H. & Ritter, Michal & Gofin, J. & Kark, J. D.
- 757-762 Status incongruence and serum cholesterol in an english general practice
by Dressler, William W. & Evans, Philip & Pereira Gray, Denis J.
- 763-768 Life events and daily hassles and uplifts as predictors of hospitalization and outpatient visitation
by Williams, Robert & Zyzanski, Stephen J. & Wright, Anne L.
- 769-777 Distance and risk measures for the analysis of spatial data: A study of childhood cancers
by Selvin, S. & Schulman, J. & Merrill, D. W.
- 779-788 Social relationships and health: The relative roles of family functioning and social support
by Franks, Peter & Campbell, Thomas L. & Shields, Cleveland G.
- 789-807 Female labour participation in agricultural production and the implications for nutrition and health in rural Africa
by Lado, Cleophas
- 809-815 Judgements by health professionals of personal characteristics of people with a visible physical disability
by Gething, Lindsay
- 817-824 Household decisions among the Gogo people of Tanzania: Determining the roles of men, women and the community in implementing a trachoma prevention program
by McCauley, Ann P. & West, Sheila & Lynch, Matthew
1992, Volume 34, Issue 6
- 591-601 Risk perception, risk taking and risk management among intravenous drug users: Implications for AIDS prevention
by Connors, Margaret M.
- 603-613 Participatory research on workers' health
by Laurell, Asa Cristina & Noriega, Mariano & Martínez, Susana & Villegas, Jorge
- 615-624 Public expenditures and health care in Africa
by Ogbu, Osita & Gallagher, Mark
- 625-637 Sociomedical aspects of malaria control in Colombia
by Lipowsky, Renate & Kroeger, Axel & Vazquez, María Luisa
- 639-648 Impact of a community health promotion program on existing organizations: The Minnesota Heart Health Program
by Weisbrod, Rita R. & Pirie, Phyllis L. & Bracht, Neil F.
- 649-656 Gender, social class and illness among young people
by Rahkonen, Ossi & Lahelma, Eero
- 657-666 Epilepsy and the quality of everyday life: Findings from a study of people with well-controlled epilepsy
by Jacoby, Ann
- 667-673 Is paying for health care culturally acceptable in sub-Sahara Africa? Money and tradition
by van der Geest, Sjaak
- 675-685 The limits of lifestyle: Re-assessing 'fatalism' in the popular culture of illness prevention
by Davison, Charlie & Frankel, Stephen & Smith, George Davey
- 687-695 Management and treatment of diarrhea in Honduran children: Factors associated with mothers' health care behaviors
by DeClerque, Julia & Bailey, Patricia & Janowitz, Barbara & Dominik, Rosalie & Fiallos, Carlos
- 697-707 HIV in the U.K.: Problems of prevalence, sociological response and health education
by Winn, Sandra & Skelton, Robert
- 709-717 Palestinian martyr widowhood--Emotional needs in conflict with role expectations?
by Sande, Hans
1992, Volume 34, Issue 5
- 467-474 Allocating medical resources in rural America: Alternative perceptions of justice
by Jecker, Nancy S. & Berg, Alfred O.
- 475-483 AIDS: Conceptual and methodological issues in researching sexual behaviour in sub-Saharan Africa
by Standing, Hilary
- 485-489 Cultural change and the reproductive cycle
by Dennis, Robert
- 491-497 Why do the O'Sheas consult so often? An exploration of complex family illness behaviour
by Dowrick, Christopher
- 499-505 Identity, ideology and medicine: Health attitudes and behavior among Hindu religious renunciates
by Thomas, L. Eugene
- 507-513 Patient non-compliance: Deviance or reasoned decision-making?
by Donovan, Jenny L. & Blake, David R.
- 515-522 An appraisal of the current status of communication skills training in British medical schools
by Frederikson, Lesley & Bull, Peter
- 523-532 Competing explanations for associations between marital status and health
by Wyke, Sally & Ford, Graeme
- 533-548 Guatemalan Indian children and the sociocultural effects of government-sponsored terrorisms
by Melville, Margarita B. & Brinton Lykes, M.
- 549-558 Does the current use of junior doctors in the United Kingdom affect the quality of medical care?
by McKee, Martin & Black, Nick
- 559-569 Methods for quality adjustment of life years
by Nord, Erik
- 571-580 Going public as an AIDS family caregiver
by Powell-Cope, Gail M. & Brown, Marie Annette
- 581-583 Constructing a canon?
by Bell, Susan E. & Zola, Irving Kenneth
- 589-590 Letter to the editor
by Christakis, Nicholas A.
1992, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 341-350 Health effects of unemployment--I. Long-term unemployed men in a rural and an urban setting
by Leeflang, R. L. I. & Klein-Hesselink, D. J. & Spruit, I. P.
- 351-363 Health effects of unemployment--II. men and women
by Leeflang, R. L. I. & Klein-Hesselink, D. J. & Spruit, I. P.
- 365-374 Status inequality in the social worker-nurse collaboration in hospitals
by Ben-Sira, Zeev & Szyf, Miriam
- 375-382 Community nurses and the care of the dying
by Seale, Clive
- 383-393 Ends of the line: Diversity among chronic pain centers
by Csordas, Thomas J. & Clark, Jack A.
- 395-403 Disability and depression: Some etiological considerations
by Friedland, Judith & McColl, MaryAnn
- 405-414 Loneliness and alcohol abuse: A review of evidences of an interplay
by Åkerlind, Ingemar & Hörnquist, Jan Olof
- 415-418 Dental state and needs for episodic care of institutionalized elderly in an Asian community
by Soh, G. & Chong, Y. H. & Ong, G.
- 419-425 Giving birth across the border: The San Diego-Tijuana connection
by Guendelman, Sylvia & Jasis, Monica
- 427-432 Coping strategies and individual meanings of illness
by Schüssler, Gerhard
- 433-445 Social network transactions of psychiatric patients
by Nelson, Geoffrey & Hall, G. Brent & Squire, Denise & Walsh-Bowers, Richard T.
- 447-457 Minority women and sexual choice in the age of AIDS
by Kline, Anna & Kline, Emily & Oken, Emily
- 459-460 The attitude of employers to people with inflammatory bowel disease
by Moody, G. A. & Probert, C. S. J. & Jayanthi, V. & Mayberry, J. F.
- 461-464 The management of illness by a Filipino psychic surgeon: A western physician's impression
by Dein, Simon
1992, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 213-226 Socio-economic health differences in the Netherlands: A review of recent empirical findings
by Mackenbach, J. P.
- 227-235 Social history of a research project: A study on early post-partum discharge
by Romito, Patrizia & Zalateo, Cristina
- 237-247 The process of discourse: Usages of a Japanese medical term
by Rosenberger, Nancy R.
- 249-262 Women and aids in developing countries : The XIIth international conference on the social sciences and medicine
by de Bruyn, Maria
- 263-270 List size, composition of practice and general practitioners' workload in the Netherlands
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jack B. F. & van der Velden, Koos
- 271-280 Some aspects of sexual behaviour and the potential demographic impact of aids in developing countries
by Anderson, Roy M.
- 281-289 The abuse of high dose estrogen/progestin combination drugs in delay of menstruation: The assumptions and practices of doctors, midwives and pharmacists in a peruvian city
by Bonnema, Jorien & Dalebout, Joanneke A.
- 291-306 In search of factors responsible for noncompliance among tuberculosis patients in Wardha District, India
by Barnhoorn, Florie & Adriaanse, Hans
- 307-315 Medicines and culture--A double perspective on drug utilization in a developing country
by Sachs, Lisbeth & Tomson, Göran
- 317-323 Maternal mobility and infant mortality in Greece: A regional analysis
by Matsaganis, Manos
- 325-331 Children's physical activity: An exploratory study of psychological correlates
by Biddle, Stuart & Armstrong, Neil
- 333-334 Sociological and economic theories of suicide: A comparison of the U.S.A. and Taiwan
by Yang, Bijou & Lester, David & Yang, Chung-Hsin
- 339-339 Letter to the editor
by Neill, Kathleen M.
1992, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 107-111 Forensic anthropology and the concept of race: If races don't exist, why are forensic anthropologists so good at identifying them?
by Sauer, Norman J.
- 113-117 Forensic archaeology as mortuary anthropology
by Lovis, William A.
- 119-123 Racial identification in the context of prehistoric-historic biological continua: Examples from South Asia
by Kennedy, Kenneth A. R. & Chiment, John
- 125-128 Forensic diagnosis of race--General race vs specific populations
by Brues, Alice M.
- 129-139 Physicians and the state in the U.S.A. and Israel
by Yishai, Yael
- 141-149 Psychiatric diagnosis and racial bias: Empirical and interpretative approaches
by Littlewood, Roland
- 151-160 Ethnicity, morbidity and health service utilization in two labrador communities
by Neuwelt, Pat M. & Kearns, Robin A. & Hunter, Duncan J. W. & Batten, Jane
- 161-167 Child health outcomes among central American refugees and immigrants in Belize
by Moss, Nancy & Stone, Michael C. & Smith, Jason B.
- 169-182 Pursuing health for all in Britain--An assessment
by Rathwell, Tom
- 183-189 Elasticity of demand for water in Khartoum, Sudan
by Cairncross, Sandy & Kinnear, Joanne
- 191-198 Preventive health behavior among black and white women in urban and rural areas
by Duelberg, Sonia I.
- 199-212 Eosinophilic meningitis beyond the Pacific Basin: The global dispersal of a peridomestic zoonosis caused by angiostrongylus cantonensis, the nematode lungworm of rats
by Kliks, Michael M. & Palumbo, Nicholas E.
1992, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-9 Financing health services in Sub-Saharan Africa: Options for decision makers during adjustment
by Korte, R. & Richter, Heide & Merkle, F. & Görgen, H.
- 11-15 Effect of the Holocaust on coping with cancer
by Baider, Lea & Peretz, Tamar & De-Nour, Atara Kaplan
- 17-24 Time and energy costs of distance in rural life space of Zimbabwe: Case study in the Chiduku Communal Area
by Mehretu, Assefa & Mutambirwa, Chris
- 25-32 Explanation of vigorous physical activity during two years using social learning variables
by Sallis, James F. & Hovell, Melbourne F. & Hofstetter, C.Richard & Barrington, Elizabeth
- 33-41 Is magnitude of co-payment effect related to income? Using census data for health services research
by Cherkin, Daniel C. & Grothaus, Louis & Wagner, Edward H.
- 43-48 Alcohol problems and sense of coherence among older adults
by Midanik, Lorraine T. & Soghikian, Krikor & Ransom, Laura J. & Polen, Michael R.
- 49-55 Prevalence of self-reported poor sleep in a healthy population aged 50-65
by Bliwise, Donald L. & King, Abby C. & Harris, Robin B. & Haskell, William L.
- 57-62 Medical specialists' choice of location: The role of geographical attachment in Norway
by Kristiansen, Ivar Sønbø & Førde, Olav Helge
- 63-73 African women and AIDS: Negotiating behavioral change
by Ulin, Priscilla R.
- 75-88 Prostitutes and their clients: A Gambian survey
by Pickering, H. & Todd, J. & Dunn, D. & Pepin, J. & Wilkins, A.
- 89-96 Older widow mortality in rural Bangladesh
by Rahman, Omar & Foster, Andrew & Menken, Jane
- 97-102 Evaluation of a mobile branch surgery in a rural area
by Bentham, Graham & Haynes, Robin
1991, Volume 33, Issue 12
- 1315-1316 Anthropology of smoking : Introduction
by Willms, Dennis G. & Stebbins, Kenyon R.
- 1317-1326 Tobacco, politics and economics: Implications for global health
by Stebbins, Kenyon Rainier
- 1327-1342 The second fatal impact: Cigarette smoking, chronic disease, and the epidemiological transition in Oceania
by Marshall, Mac
- 1343-1347 To smoke or not to smoke: A decision theory perspective
by Robbins, Michael C. & Kline, Annette
- 1349-1353 Starting to smoke in the navy: When, where and why
by Cronan, Terry A. & Conway, Terry L. & Kaszas, Suzanne L.
- 1355-1364 Sociocultural factors associated with smoking behavior by Puerto Rican adolescents in Boston
by McGraw, Sarah A. & Smith, Kevin W. & Schensul, Jean J. & Carrillo, J. Emilio
- 1365-1371 A new stage, a new life: Individual success in quitting smoking
by Willms, Dennis G.
- 1373-1377 A model for quality of life after laryngectomy
by Maas, Arne
- 1379-1383 Predictions of epidemiology and the evaluation of cancer control measures and the setting of policy priorities
by Hakulinen, Timo & Hakama, Matti
- 1385-1390 The application of Operational Research (OR) procedures to maternal mortality from puerperal sepsis in a rural community
by Adetoro, O. O. & Adeyemi, K. S. & Parakoyi, B. & Oni, A. & Akure, T. & Ogunbode, O.
- 1391-1397 Onset and duration of breast feeding among Israeli mothers: Relationships with smoking and type of delivery
by Mansbach, Ivonne Kleinfeld & Greenbaum, Charles W. & Sulkes, Jaqueline
- 1399-1407 Predictors of health in new mothers
by Gjerdingen, Dwenda K. & Debra, Froberg
1991, Volume 33, Issue 11
- 1221-1228 The reaction of private physicians to price deregulation in France
by Carrere, Marie-Odile
- 1229-1240 Self-reported symptom distress in cancer patients: Reflections of disease, illness or sickness?
by Tishelman, Carol & Taube, Adam & Sachs, Lisbeth
- 1241-1252 Exempting the poor: The experience of Thailand
by Mills, Anne
- 1253-1261 The impact of family presence on the physician-cancer patient interaction
by Labrecque, Mark S. & Blanchard, Christina G. & Ruckdeschel, John C. & Blanchard, Edward B.
- 1263-1274 Prescription intentions in relation to therapeutic information: A study of 117 French general practitioners
by Cialdella, Ph. & Figon, G. & Haugh, M. C. & Boissel, J. -P.
- 1275-1280 Intellectual, social and nutritional status of children in an Ethiopian orphanage
by Aboud, Frances & Samuel, Mesfin & Hadera, Alem & Addus, Abdulaziz
- 1281-1286 Employment and low birth weight in black women
by Poerksen, Anja & Petitti, Diana B.
- 1287-1293 Knowledge and perceptions about aids among married women in Bangkok
by Shah, Iqbal & Thongthai, Varachai & Leoprapai, Boonlert & Mundigo, Axel I. & Prasartkul, Pramote & Chamratrithirong, Aphichat
- 1295-1302 Parental responses to consanguinity and genetic disease in Saudi Arabia
by Panter-Brick, Catherine
- 1303-1308 Reliability of questionnaire responses as compared with interview in the elderly: Views of the outcome of transurethral resection of the prostate
by Doll, Helen & McPherson, Klim & Davies, Jane & Flood, Ann & Smith, Joe & Williams, Grant & Ginzler, Maria & Petticrew, Mark & Black, Nick
- 1309-1312 Cigarette smoking and employment status
by Lee, Amanda J. & Crombie, Iain K. & Smith, William C. S. & Tunstall-Pedoe, Hugh D.
1991, Volume 33, Issue 10
- 1101-1102 The household production of nutrition: Introduction
by Bentley, Margaret E. & Pelto, Gretel H.
- 1103-1111 Development of a nutritionally adequate and culturally appropriate weaning food in Kwara State, Nigeria: An interdisciplinary approach
by Bentley, Margaret E. & Dickin, Katherine L. & Mebrahtu, Saba & Kayode, Bode & Oni, Gbolahan A. & Verzosa, Cecilia C. & Brown, Kenneth H. & Idowu, Joseph R.
- 1113-1126 Migration, cash cropping and subsistence agriculture: Relationships to household food expenditures in rural Mexico
by Kaiser, Lucia L. & Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 1127-1133 Household-level strategies for protecting children from seasonal food scarcity
by Leonard, William R.
- 1135-1140 Household size, food intake and anthropometric status of school-age children in a highland Mexican area
by Pelto, Gretel H. & Urgello, Jocelyn & Allen, Lindsay H. & Chavez, Adolfo & Martinez, Homero & Meneses, Luzmaria & Capacchione, Constance & Backstrand, Jeffrey
- 1141-1154 Opening the box: Intrahousehold food allocation in rural Nepal
by Gittelsohn, Joel
- 1155-1162 Social disintegration and the spread of AIDS: Thresholds for propagation along 'sociogeographic' networks
by Wallace, Rodrick
- 1163-1170 International standards in medical education or national standards/primary health care--which direction?
by Blizard, Peter J.
- 1171-1178 Hostility and its association with behaviorally induced and somatic coronary risk indicators in finnish adolescents and young adults
by Räikkönen, Katri & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa
- 1179-1187 Occupational stress and job satisfaction among physicians: Sex differences
by Richardsen, Astrid M. & Burke, Ronald J.
- 1189-1195 Social networks and longevity. A 14 year follow-up study among elderly in Denmark
by Olsen, Rolf Bang & Olsen, Jørn & Gunner-Svensson, Finn & Waldstrøm, Bodil
- 1197-1208 Roles, work, health perceptions and health resources of women: A study in an Egyptian delta hamlet
by Lane, Sandra D. & Meleis, Afaf I.