Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
1993, Volume 36, Issue 5
- 657-663 Professional constructions of a 'lay' illness: 'Nerves' in a rural 'coloured' community in South Africa
by Reynolds, John & Swartz, Leslie
- 665-672 Evaluation of a face-to-face weaning food intervention in Kwara state, Nigeria: Knowledge, trial, and adoption of a home-prepared weaning food
by Guptill, Katharine S. & Esrey, Steven A. & Oni, Gbolahan A. & Brown, Kenneth H.
- 673-681 Blood is hotter than water: Popular use of hot and cold in Kel Tamasheq illness management
by Randall, Sara C.
- 683-692 Comparing nurses' and patients' pain evaluations: A study of hospitalized patients in Kuwait
by Harrison, Ann
- 693-701 Validity and reliability testing of the FAMCARE scale: Measuring family satisfaction with advanced cancer care
by Kristjanson, Linda J.
- 703-707 The impact of induced abortions on fertility in Israel
by Sabatello, Eitan F.
- 713-714 Letter to the editor
by Zhang, Kaining
1993, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 385-391 Financing health care in rural China: Preliminary report of a nationwide study
by Xingyuan, Gu & Bloom, Gerald & Shenglan, Tang & Yingya, Zhu & Shouqi, Zhou & Xingbao, Chen
- 393-402 Stress, anxiety and depression: Women's accounts of their health problems
by Walters, Vivienne
- 403-407 Malaria chemoprophylaxis compliance in pregnant women: A cost-effectiveness analysis of alternative interventions
by Helitzer-Allen, Deborah L. & McFarland, Deborah A. & Wirima, Jack J. & Macheso, Allen P.
- 409-418 Problems in the measurement and international comparison of socio-economic differences in mortality
by Valkonen, Tapani
- 419-427 Gender differences in health perceptions and their predictors
by Anson, Ofra & Paran, Esther & Neumann, Lily & Chernichovsky, Dov
- 429-439 Anthropology and AIDS: The cultural context of sexual risk behavior among urban Baganda women in Kampala, Uganda
by McGrath, Janet W. & Rwabukwali, Charles B. & Schumann, Debra A. & Pearson-Marks, Jonnie & Nakayiwa, Sylvia & Namande, Barbara & Nakyobe, Lucy & Mukasa, Rebecca
- 441-450 Socioeconomic status and physical health, how are they related? An empirical study based on twins reared apart and twins reared together
by Lichtenstein, Paul & Harris, Jennifer R. & Pedersen, Nancy L. & McClearn, G.E.
- 451-462 Recent trends in sex mortality ratios for adults in developed countries
by Waldron, Ingrid
- 463-474 Social and epidemiological aspects of Guinea worm control
by Audibert, M. & Coulibaly, D. & Doumbo, O. & Kodio, B. & Soula, G. & Traore, S.
- 475-483 Experiences of Australian mothers who gave birth either at home, at a birth centre, or in hospital labour wards
by Cunningham, John D.
- 485-494 Ensuring access to health care with the introduction of user fees: A Kenyan example
by Huber, Joyce H.
- 495-507 The Latin American trial of psychosocial support during pregnancy: A social intervention evaluated through an experimental design
by Langer, Ana & Victoria, Cesar & Victoria, Magda & Barros, Fernando & Farnot, Ubaldo & Belizan, Jose & Villar, Jose
- 509-524 Correlates of AIDS knowledge in samples of the general population
by Peruga, Armando & Celentano, David D.
- 525-531 Oral rehydration therapy--Qualitative studies of balance between pragmatism and scientific rigour in managing diarrhoea
by Ueli, Bollag
- 533-546 Excess mortality among the unmarried: A case study of Japan
by Goldman, Noreen & Hu, Yuanreng
- 547-556 Life satisfaction and health in cancer patients, orthopedic patients and healthy individuals
by Kreitler, Shulamith & Chaitchik, Samario & Rapoport, Yoram & Kreitler, Hans & Algor, Rahel
- 557-564 Geographic patterns of low birth weight in Hawaii
by Kieffer, Edith C. & Alexander, Greg R. & Lewis, Nancy D & Mor, Joanne
- 565-568 Public Attitudes to charging for some national health service services
by Gooder, P. & Charny, M. & Farrow, S.
- 569-573 Patterns of dentist location: Lansing, Michigan 1950-1991
by Lowell-Smith, Elizabeth G.
- 583-583 Letter to the editor
by Friedman, Ernest H.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 175-194 The competing discourses of HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa: Discourses of rights and empowerment vs discourses of control and exclusion
by Seidel, Gill
- 195-202 Descriptive and normative ethics: Class, context and confidentiality for mothers with HIV
by Brown, Kate H.
- 203-216 Individual rights vs the public health: The problem of the Asian hepatitis B carriers in America
by Muraskin, William
- 217-225 The quality of social roles as predictors of morbidity and mortality
by Hibbard, Judith H. & Pope, Clyde R.
- 227-235 Managerial style and health promotion programs
by Witte, Kim
- 237-247 The Islamic dialogue with African traditional religion: Divination and health care
by Kirby, Jon P.
- 249-264 The power of compassion: Truth-telling among American doctors in the care of dying patients
by Miyaji, Naoko T.
- 265-272 Post-empiricism and psychiatry: Meaning and methodology in cross-cultural research
by Bracken, Patrick J.
- 273-282 Living longer but doing worse: Assessing health status in elderly persons at two points in time in Manitoba, Canada, 1971 and 1983
by Roos, Noralou P. & Havens, Betty & Black, Charlyn
- 283-288 Colostrum and ideas about bad milk: A case study from Guinea-Bissau
by Gunnlaugsson, Geir & Einarsdóttir, Jónína
- 289-295 Type A behavior: Contextual effects within a Southern black community
by Dressler, William W.
- 297-304 Women's work and infant care in the Philippines
by Doan, Rebecca Miles & Popkin, Barry M.
- 305-310 Intrahousehold allocation of resources in larger and smaller Mexican households
by Baer, Roberta D. & Madrigal, Lorena
- 311-315 Women's views of ultrasonography : A comparison of women's experiences of antenatal ultrasound screening with cerebral ultrasound of their newborn infant
by Thorpe, Karen & Harker, Lisa & Pike, Alison & Marlow, Neil
- 317-331 Socio-cultural determinants of child mortality in Southern Peru: Including some methodological considerations
by De Meer, Kees & Bergman, Roland & Kusner, John S.
- 333-342 Pregnancy and childbirth among the amish
by Campanella, Karla & Korbin, Jill E. & Acheson, Louise
- 343-351 Factors associated with high-quantity prescriptions of benzodiazepines in Sweden
by Isacson, Dag & Bingefors, Kerstin & Wennberg, Mats & Dahlström, Monica
- 353-360 Parental social support and child behaviour problems in different populations and socioeconomic groups: A methodological study
by Thernlund, Gunilla M. & Samuelsson, Margarita A. K.
- 361-370 Dental care use by U.S. veterans eligible for VA care
by Gilbert, Gregg H. & Branch, Laurence G. & Longmate, Jeffrey
- 371-372 Mothers brought dead: An enquiry into causes of delay
by Jafarey, Sadiqua N. & Korejo, Razia
- 373-377 Perception of diarrhoeal diseases among mothers and mothers-to-be implications for health education in Saudi Arabia
by Rasheed, Parveen
- 383-383 Letter to the editor
by Friedman, Ernest H.
- iii-vi Why changing the U.S. health care system is so difficult
by Wolfe, Barbara L.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 95-102 Social research in health and the American sociopolitical context: The changing fortunes of medical sociology
by Mechanic, David
- 103-108 Health research, a key to equity in health development
by Ramalingaswami, V.
- 109-117 The promotion of health through planned sociopolitical change: Challenges for research and policy
by McKinlay, John B.
- 119-123 Geography of health: Some trends and perspectives
by Verhasselt, Yola
- 125-135 Health transition: The cultural, social and behavioural determinants of health in the Third World
by Caldwell, John C.
- 137-141 Reflections on the economist and health economics in an international setting
by Andreano, Ralph
- 143-155 In search of a contemporary theory for understanding mortality change
by Murray, Christopher J. L. & Chen, Lincoln C.
- 157-166 Health and poverty: Past, present and prospects for the future
by Najman, Jake M.
- 167-173 Self, identity and the naming question: Reflections on the language of disability
by Zola, Irving Kenneth
- vii-vii Editorial
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-5 Introduction
by Stacey, Margaret & Olesen, Virginia
- 7-14 Healthy bodies, social bodies: Men's and women's concepts and practices of health in everyday life
by Saltonstall, Robin
- 15-20 Gender differences in the perceptions of common cold symptoms
by Macintyre, Sally
- 21-32 Gender inequalities in health: Social position, affective disorders and minor physical morbidity
by Popay, Jennie & Bartley, Mel & Owen, Charlie
- 33-46 Gender and inequalities in health in later life
by Arber, Sara & Ginn, Jay
- 47-55 Prostitutes and chimney sweeps both have problems: Towards full integration of both sexes in the study of occupational health
by Messing, Karen & Dumais, Lucie & Romito, Patrizia
- 57-66 Reconceptualizing gender in physician-patient relationships
by West, Candace
- 67-76 Structure and struggle: Implementing a social model of a well woman clinic in Glasgow
by Craddock, Carole & Reid, Margaret
- 77-83 Keeping children healthy--The intermediate domain
by Mayall, Berry
- 85-93 Issues of gender in gamete donation
by Haimes, Erica
- v-vii On the relationship between knowledge and action in health policy
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
1992, Volume 35, Issue 12
- 1421-1431 Can ethnography save the life of medical ethics?
by Hoffmaster, Barry
- 1433-1443 Innovation in primary care: Community health services in Mexico and the United States
by Sherraden, Margaret Sherrard & Wallace, Steven P.
- 1445-1455 Workable competition in health care: Prospects for the Dutch design
by Schut, Frederik T.
- 1457-1468 The anthropology of sexually transmitted disease in Liberia
by Green, Edward C.
- 1469-1476 Led (astray) by genetic maps: The cartography of the human genome and health care
by Lippman, A.
- 1477-1484 Primary care training for patent medicine vendors in rural Nigeria
by Oshiname, Frederick O. & Brieger, William R.
- 1485-1495 Fair law, unfair practices? Benefiting from protective legislation for pregnant workers in Italy and France
by Romito, Patrizia & Saurel-Cubizolles, Marie-Josèphe
- 1497-1504 The gap between legal rules and practice in advertising non-registered pharmaceutical products : A new method of analysis
by Wieringa, N. F. & de Meijer, A. H. R. & Schutjens, M. D. B. & Vos, R.
- 1505-1509 A study of quality of life in cancer patients receiving palliative chemotherapy
by Payne, S. A.
- 1511-1520 The relationship between work stress and oral health status
by Segura Marcenes, Wagner & Sheiham, Aubrey
- 1521-1523 Optimizing bereavement outcome: Reading the road ahead
by Couldrick, Ann
- 1525-1533 Disease concordances amongst marital partners: Not 'way of life' or mortality data artifact
by Jones, Fiona & Fletcher, Ben (C. )
1992, Volume 35, Issue 11
- 1321-1324 Research capacity building in international health: Definitions, evaluations and strategies for success
by Trostle, James
- 1325-1327 Developing partnerships for health and social science research: The International Clinical Epidemiology Network (INCLEN) social science component
by Higginbotham, Nick
- 1329-1341 A strategy for promoting improved pharmaceutical use: The international network for rational use of drugs
by Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Laing, Richard & Quick, Jonathan & Mohamed Ali, Hassan & Ofori-Adjei, David & Salako, Lateef & Santoso, Budiono
- 1343-1357 The potential of transdisciplinary research for sustaining and extending linkages between the health and social sciences
by Rosenfield, Patricia L.
- 1359-1367 Local knowledge: Research capacity building in international health
by Del Vecchio Good, Mary-Jo
- 1369-1378 Manuals for ethnographic data collection: Experience and issues
by Herman, Elizabeth & Bentley, Margaret E.
- 1379-1387 Building applied health research capacity in less-developed countries: Problems encountered by the ADDR project
by Trostle, James & Simon, Jonathon
- 1389-1395 Developing applied medical anthropology in third world countries: Problems and actions
by Pelto, Pertti J. & Pelto, Gretel H.
- 1397-1404 Balancing relevance and excellence: Organizational responses to link research with decision making
by Frenk, Julio
- 1405-1420 Theory-driven behavioral intervention research for the control of diarrheal diseases
by Stanton, Bonita & Black, Robert & Engle, Patrice & Pelto, Gretel
1992, Volume 35, Issue 10
- 1211-1213 Caribbean transformations : Introduction
by Sargent, Carolyn F. & Whiteford, Linda M.
- 1215-1223 Contemporary health care and the colonial and neo-colonial experience: The case of the Dominican Republic
by Whiteford, Linda M.
- 1225-1232 Transformations in maternity services in Jamaica
by Sargent, Carolyn & Rawlins, Joan
- 1233-1244 Social factors mediating social class differences in blood pressure in a Jamaican community
by Dressler, William W. & Grell, Gerald A. C. & Gallagher, Philip N. & Viteri, Fernando E.
- 1245-1257 West Indian gender relations, family planning programs and fertility decline
by Penn Handwerker, W.
- 1259-1271 The effect of parental age, birth order and other variables on early childhood mortality: A Caribbean example
by Brittain, Ann W.
- 1273-1282 Family planning in St Vincent, West Indies: A population history perspective
by Gearing, Jean
- 1283-1292 Social inequities in cardiovascular disease risk factors in East and West Germany
by Helmert, Uwe & Mielck, Andreas & Classen, Elvira
- 1293-1302 An occupational health programme for adults and children in the carpet weaving industry, Mirzapur, India: A case study in the informal sector
by Das, P. K. & Shukla, K. P. & Öry, F. G.
- 1303-1310 The costs of diabetes and its complications
by Leese, Brenda
- 1311-1315 Depression and self-esteem: Rapid screening for depression in black, low literacy, hospitalized tuberculosis patients
by Westaway, Margaret S. & Wolmarans, Liezel
- 1317-1320 Contributions of the proximate determinants to fertility change in Senegal
by Onuoha, Nelson
1992, Volume 35, Issue 9
- 1079-1091 Ethics are local: Engaging cross-cultural variation in the ethics for clinical research
by Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1093-1102 Culture, meaning and disability: Injury prevention campaigns and the production of stigma
by Wang, Caroline
- 1103-1113 The relationship between consumption and worker productivity: Nutrition and economic approaches
by Korjenek, Patrice A.
- 1115-1122 On the edge: Ward-rounds in a South African psychiatric emergency department
by Swartz, Leslie
- 1123-1129 Exploratory analysis of children's nutrition programs in Canada
by McIntyre, Lynn & Dayle, Jutta B.
- 1131-1136 Is users' knowledge about contraceptives adequate? A case study of finnish IUD users
by Makkonen, Katri & Hemminki, Elina & Uutela, Antti
- 1137-1144 Accounting for differences: Dutch training nurses and their views on migrant women
by van der Zwaard, Joke
- 1145-1155 Exploration of doctor and patient agendas in general practice consultations
by Butler, N.M. & Campion, P.D. & Cox, A.D.
- 1157-1170 Influence of bed supply and health care organization on regional and local patterns of diabetes related hospitalization
by Brown, Laurie J. & Barnett, J.Ross
- 1171-1178 Church-based obstetric care in a Yoruba community, Nigeria
by Adetunji, Jacob Ayodele
- 1179-1187 Marital status and infant health outcomes
by Bennett, Trude
- 1189-1197 Psychosocial factors influencing non-urgent use of the emergency room: A review of the literature and recommendations for research and improved service delivery
by Padgett, Deborah K. & Brodsky, Beth
- 1199-1210 Fertility differentials among the Ijo in Southern Nigeria: Does urban residence make a difference?
by Hollos, Marida & Larsen, Ulla
1992, Volume 35, Issue 8
- 951-958 Discrimination towards disabled people seeking employment
by Ravaud, Jean-François & Madiot, Béatrice & Ville, Isabelle
- 959-965 Sociology in American medical education since the 1960s: The rhetoric of reform
by Wegar, Katarina
- 967-977 Maternal health and the measurement trap
by Graham, Wendy J. & Campbell, Oona M. R.
- 979-985 Costs of home care for advanced breast and cervical cancer in relation to cost-effectiveness of screening
by Koopmanschap, Marc A. & van Ineveld, B. Martin & Miltenburg, Theo E. M.
- 987-995 Primary care in accident and emergency and general practice: A comparison
by Green, Judith & Dale, Jeremy
- 997-1001 Regular pattern of preventive dental services--A measure of access
by Newman, John F. & Gift, Helen C.
- 1003-1014 Sickness impact profile: The state of the art of a generic functional status measure
by de Bruin, A. F. & de Witte, L. P. & Stevens, F. & Diederiks, J. P. M.
- 1015-1025 Drug retailer training: Experiences from Nepal
by Kafle, Kumud K. & Gartoulla, Ritu Prasad & Pradhan, Y. M. S. & Shrestha, A. D. & Karkee, S. B. & Quick, Jonathan D.
- 1027-1035 Deriving a survey measure of social support: The reliability and validity of the close persons questionnaire
by Stansfeld, Stephen & Marmot, Michael
- 1037-1042 The use of herbal and other agents to enhance sexual experience
by Runganga, Agnes & Pitts, Marian & John, McMaster
- 1043-1053 Mothers' fear of child death due to acute diarrhoea: A study in urban and rural communities in Northern Punjab, Pakistan
by Malik, Iftikhar A. & Bukhtiari, Noreen & Good, Mary-Jo D. & Iqbal, Muhammad & Azim, Seema & Nawaz, Muhammad & Ashraf, Lubna & Bhatty, Ruby & Ahmed, Aftab
- 1055-1063 The effects of variations in AFDC and medicaid eligibility on prenatal care use
by Coburn, Andrew F. & McDonald, Thomas P.
- 1065-1076 Behavior change strategies for family planning
by Elder, John P. & Estey, Jacqueline D.
1992, Volume 35, Issue 7
- 839-850 An epidemic in the field? Rapid assessment procedures and health research
by Manderson, Lenore & Aaby, Peter
- 851-856 Immunization coverage, infant morbidity and infant mortality in freetown, Sierra Leone
by Amin, Ruhul & Hill, Robert B. & Horton, S.A.T.P. & Kamara, Clifford & Chowdhury, Jamir
- 857-868 Global budgeting of hospitals in Hong Kong
by Chu, David K.W.
- 869-875 The psychological and social condition of hypertensives resistant to pharmacological treatment
by Isaksson, Hans & Konarski, Kristofer & Theorell, Töres
- 877-890 Re-assessing disability: The impact of schistosomal infection on daily activities among women in Gezira Province, Sudan
by Parker, Melissa
- 891-901 Mother sold food, daughter sells her body: The cultural continuity of prostitution
by Muecke, Margorie A.
- 903-906 Oral contraceptive marketing in Ibadan, Nigeria
by Afolabi Bamgboye, E. & Lapido, O.A.
- 907-913 Artificial donor insemination in Yaounde: Some socio-cultural considerations
by Njikam Savage, Olayinka Margaret
- 915-923 Marital status, fatness and obesity
by Sobal, Jeffrey & Rauschenbach, Barbara S. & Frongillo Jr., Edward A.
- 925-934 His and hers: Male and female anatomy in anatomy texts for U.S. medical students, 1890-1989
by Lawrence, Susan C. & Bendixen, Kae
- 935-947 Self-assessed health among Norwegian adults
by Moum, Torbjoârn
1992, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 747-751 Introduction
by Richters, Annemiek
- 753-766 The needs of women versus the interests of family planning personnel, policy-makers and researchers: Conflicting views on safety and acceptability of contraceptives
by Hardon, Anita Petra
- 767-776 The abortion pill: A solution for unsafe abortions in developing countries?
by Le Grand, Amanda
- 777-787 Female circumcision and gender identity: A questionable alliance?
by Van Der Kwaak, Anke
- 789-793 The value of symphyseotomy compared with caesarean section in cases of obstructed labour : Medical and anthropological considerations
by Engelkes, Elly & Van Roosmalen, Jos
- 795-798 Mothers, injections and poliomyelitis
by Wyatt, H. V.
- 799-810 The importance of extremes: The social implications of intra-household variation in child mortality
by Last, Murray
- 811-817 Training urban traditional birth attendants: Balancing international policy and local reality : Preliminary evidence from the slums of India on the attitudes and practice of clients and practitioners
by Stephens, Carolyn
- 819-829 The rise of female healers in the middle Atlas, Morocco
by Bakker, Jogien
- 831-837 Planning and evaluating women's participation in primary health care
by MacCormack, Carol
1992, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 627-645 Elephantiasis: A disease of development in North East Ghana
by Hunter, John M.
- 645-648 Who to blame? What to do?
by Stock, Robert
- 648-649 Rejoinder
by Hunter, John M.
- 651-664 Going to extremes: The cultural context of stress, illness and coping in Antarctica
by Palinkas, Lawrence A.
- 665-678 Male and female morbidity in general practice: The nature of sex differences
by van Wijk, Cecile M.T.Gijsbers & Kolk, Annemarie M. & van Den Bosch, Wil J.H.M. & Van Den Hoogen, Henk J.M.
- 679-687 Adolescence and health inequalities: Extensions to macintyre and west
by Glendinning, Anthony & Love, John G. & Hendry, Leo B. & Shucksmith, Janet
- 689-697 Health and nutrition effects of cash crop production in developing countries: A comparative analysis
by Kennedy, Eileen & Bouis, Howarth & von Braun, Joachim
- 699-709 Psychometric investigation of a belief system: Caregiving to the chronically ill parent
by Albert, Steven M.
- 711-721 On the seclusion of psychiatric patients
by Brown, Julia S. & Tooke, Sharon K.
- 723-734 A shamanic etiology of affliction from western nepal
by Maskarinec, Gregory G.
- 735-738 Alcohol consumption among male reindeer herders of lappish and finnish origin
by Poikolainen, Kari & Näyhä, Simo & Hassi, Juhani
- 739-740 Infant mortality and illegitimacy
by Lester, David
1992, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 359-365 Assessment of the outcomes of health intervention
by Erben, Rosmarie & Franzkowiak, Peter & Wenzel, Eberhard
- 367-375 Assessment of outcomes of health intervention
by Jenkins, C. David
- 377-387 Changes in disease patterns and related social trends
by Powles, John
- 389-399 Changes in disease patterns and related social trends
by Uutela, Antti & Tuomilehto, Jaakko
- 401-407 On the epistemology of risk: Language, logic and social science
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 409-417 Cultural influences in community participation in health
by Stone, Linda
- 419-424 Cultural and structural influences in the creation of and participation in community health programmes
by Woelk, G. B.
- 425-432 Dying with dignity
by Madan, T. N.
- 433-441 To die with dignity
by Sampaio, Leonor
- 443-452 Birth order and health: Major issues
by Elliott, Barbara A.
- 453-464 The effects of family position and status on health
by Macintyre, Sally
- 465-469 Equity and efficiency in health care
by Light, Donald W.
- 471-479 Substance abuse and control in the united states: Ethical and legal issues
by Newcomb, Michael D.
- 481-493 Ethical and legal issues in the control of drug abuse and drug trafficking: The Nigerian case
by Obot, Isidore S.
- 495-505 Ethical and legal implications of the new genetics: Issues for discussion
by Wertz, Dorothy C.
- 507-513 Health and social problems of refugees
by Clinton-Davis, Lord & Fassil, Yohannes
- 515-523 New paradigms for refugee health problems
by Muecke, Marjorie A.
- 525-529 Health care consequences of the European economic community in 1993 and beyond
by Svensson, Per-Gunnar & Stephenson, Patricia
- 531-540 Impediments to basing government health policies on science in the United States
by Greenberg, Michael
- 541-547 Realities of health for all by the year 2000
by Rathwell, Tom
- 549-555 The role of doctors as health care managers: An international perspective
by Durán-Arenas, Luis & Asfura, Murielle Bendeck & Mora, Julio Frenk
- 557-566 Doctors as managers: Poachers turned gamekeepers?
by Hunter, David J.
- 567-577 High cost technology in health care: A benefit or a burden?
by Rutten, Frans F. H. & Bonsel, Gouke J.
- 579-587 Challenges to understanding spatial patterns of disease: Philosophical alternatives to logical positivism
by Mayer, Jonathan D.
- 589-596 Threats to the world eco-system: A role for the social scientists
by Desai, Bharat
- 597-602 Existential ecology: The human/natural world
by Gadow, Sally
- 603-612 The use and value of qualitative methods in health research in developing countries
by Yach, Derek
- 613-617 Women's access to health care in developing countries
by Nash Ojanuga, Durrenda & Gilbert, Cathy
- 619-626 Women and access to health care
by Puentes-Markides, Cristina
1992, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 227-238 The genetic analysis of human behavior: A new era?
by Billings, Paul R. & Beckwith, Jonathan & Alper, Joseph S.
- 239-249 Community health promotion programs
by Fincham, S.
- 251-259 The negotiation of death: Clinical decision making at the end of life
by Slomka, Jacquelyn
- 261-269 The psychosocial review of systems
by Goldberg, Richard J. & Novack, Dennis H.
- 271-279 Determinants and dimensions involved in self-evaluation of health
by Fýlkesnes, Knut & Førde, Olav Helge
- 281-286 Varied potential risks of HIV infection among prostitutes
by Jackson, Lois & Highcrest, Alexàndra & Coates, Randall A.
- 287-293 Responses to the institution among elderly patients in hospital long-stay care
by Higgs, P. F. & MacDonald, L. D. & Ward, M. C.