Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
1993, Volume 37, Issue 6
- 725-733 Do places matter? A multi-level analysis of regional variations in health-related behaviour in Britain
by Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham
- 735-743 Ambiocontrol as a primary factor of health
by Loslier, Luc
- 745-752 Maternal mortality in Africa: 1980-87
by Paul, Bimal Kanti
- 753-759 Cancer clusters: The importance of monitoring multiple geographic scales
by Schneider, Dona & Greenberg, Michael R. & Donaldson, Milton H. & Choi, Daiwoo
- 761-770 (Over)eating success: The health consequences of the restoration of capitalism in rural China
by Smith, Christopher J.
- 771-777 Lymphoma, multiple myeloma and leukaemia among French farmers in relation to pesticide exposure
by Viel, Jean-François & Richardson, Sylvia T.
- 779-790 Epidemiological transition and geographical discontinuities: The case of cardiovascular mortality in French Polynesia
by Vigneron, Emmanuel
- 791-804 Modelling psychosocial effects of exposure to solid waste facilities
by Elliott, Susan J. & Taylor, S.Martin & Walter, Stephen & Stieb, David & Frank, John & Eyles, John
- 805-812 Worrying about waste: Living close to solid waste disposal facilities in Southern Ontario
by Eyles, John & Taylor, S.Martin & Johnson, Nancy & Baxter, Jamie
- 813-822 On the use of socio-demographic indicators in local health planning: A Canadian non-metropolitan perspective
by Joseph, Alun E. & Hollett, R.Grant
- 823-831 Avoidable mortality in Québec and its regions
by Pampalon, Robert
- 833-839 Variation in duration of hospital stay between hospitals and between doctors within hospitals
by Westert, Gert P. & Nieboer, Anna P. & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- vii-vii Foreword
by Earickson, Robert
1993, Volume 37, Issue 5
- 575-581 Identifying distress among general practitioners: Predictors of psychological ill-health and job dissatisfaction
by Sutherland, V.J. & Cooper, C.L.
- 583-590 The relationship between the cost of community care and the dependency of old people
by O'Shea, Eamon & Blackwell, John
- 591-602 Patient satisfaction with communication in general surgery: Problems of measurement and improvement
by Meredith, Philip
- 603-612 Housing stressors, social support and psychological distress
by Smith, Carolyn A. & Smith, Christopher J. & Kearns, Robin A. & Abbott, Max W.
- 613-621 Renal disease and black Americans: Selected issues
by Livingston, Ivor Lensworth
- 623-631 Determinants of regional differences in lung cancer mortality in the Netherlands
by Kunst, A.E. & Looman, C.W.N. & Mackenbach, J.P.
- 633-638 Women's satisfaction with maternity health care services in Finland
by Kojo-Austin, Hellevi & Malin, Maili & Hemminki, Elina
- 639-648 The use of preventive health care services: Carrier testing for the genetic disorder haemophilia
by Varekamp, I. & Suurmeijer, Th.P.B.M. & Rosendaal, F.R. & Bröcker-Vriends, A.H.J.T.
- 649-660 Maternal perceptions of pneumonia and pneumonia signs in Pakistani children
by Malik Kundi, M.Z. & Anjum, Muhammad & Mull, Dorothy S. & Dennis Mull, J.
- 661-670 Sexual practices and attitudes of street youth in Belo Horizonte, Brazil
by Raffaelli, Marcela & Campos, Regina & Merritt, Alice Payne & Siqueira, Eliana & Antunes, Carlos Mauricio & Parker, Richard & Greco, Marilia & Greco, Dirceu & Halsey, Neal & The Street Youth Study Group
- 671-678 Me' winik: Discovery of the biomedical equivalence for a Maya ethnomedical syndrome
by Berlin, E.A. & Jara A., V.M. & Berlin, B. & Breedlove, D.E. & Duncan, T.O. & Laughlin, R.M.
- 679-684 Focus group interviews about AIDS in Rakai district of Uganda
by Konde-Lule, Joseph K. & Musagara, M. & Musgrave, S.
- 685-689 Family planning practice in Central Sudan
by Taha, Taha El Tahir
- 695-695 Letter to the editor: Constructing generaliseable socio-economic indices
by Carr-Hill, Roy
1993, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 441-443 Women and tropical diseases: Introduction
by Manderson, Lenore & Jenkins, Jennifer & Tanner, Marcel
- 445-456 Leprosy in women: Characteristics and repercussions
by Ulrich, Marian & Zulueta, Ana Maria & Cáceres-Dittmar, Gisela & Sampson, Celsa & Pinardi, Maria Eugenia & Rada, Elsa Maria & Aranzazu, Nacarid
- 457-472 An historical and clinical review of the interaction of leprosy and pregnancy: A cycle to be broken
by Duncan, M.E.
- 473-480 Women and malaria--special risks and appropriate control strategy
by Reuben, Rachel
- 481-492 Bilharzia and the boys: Questioning common assumptions
by Parker, Melissa
- 493-501 Adam's rib awry? Women and schistosomiasis
by Michelson, Edward H.
- 503-511 Women and congenital Chagas' disease in Santa Cruz, Bolivia: Epidemiological and sociocultural aspects
by Azogue, Esperanza
- 513-520 Gender and tropical diseases: A new research focus
by Rathgeber, Eva M. & Vlassoff, Carol
- 521-530 Strategies of influence in medical authorship
by Segal, Judy Z.
- 531-539 Factors influencing self-diagnosis and treatment of perceived helminthic infection in a rural Guatemalan community
by Booth, S. & Johns, T. & Lopez-Palacios, C.Y.
- 541-547 Cost-effectiveness of neonatal screening for Duchenne muscular dystrophy--How does this compare to existing neonatal screening for metabolic disorders?
by Rosenberg, T. & Jacobs, H.K. & Thompson, R. & Horne, J.M.
- 549-554 Organizational predictors of outcomes of long-stay nursing home residents
by Rohrer, James E. & Momany, Elizabeth T. & Chang, Wei
- 555-563 The work patterns of lactating women in Madura
by Launer, Lenore J.
- 565-569 Consensus in medical communication
by Dodd, F.J. & Donegan, H.A. & Kernohan, W.G. & Geary, R.V. & Mollan, R.A.B.
1993, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 281-283 Anthropological perspectives on chronic illness : Introduction
by Heurtin-Roberts, Suzanne & Becker, Gay
- 285-294 'High-pertension'--The uses of a chronic folk illness for personal adaptation
by Heurtin-Roberts, Suzanne
- 295-304 Redefining health: Living with cancer
by Kagawa-Singer, Marjorie
- 305-313 The dilemma of seeking urgent care: Asthma episodes and emergency service use
by Becker, Gay & Janson-Bjerklie, Susan & Benner, Patricia & Slobin, Kathleen & Ferketich, Sandra
- 315-329 Self-care and multiple sclerosis: A view from two cultures
by McLaughlin, Judith & Zeeberg, Ib
- 331-342 Life stress, social support and clinical depression: A reanalysis of the literature
by Vilhjalmsson, Runar
- 343-353 Health care financing for the elderly in Japan
by Kobayashi, Yasuki & Reich, Michael R.
- 355-368 Health care behavior on Nicaragua's Atlantic coast
by Barrett, Bruce
- 369-383 User fees plus quality equals improved access to health care: Results of a field experiment in Cameroon
by Litvack, Jennie I. & Bodart, Claude
- 385-391 Ways of coping with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Development of an illness management questionnaire
by Ray, Colette & Weir, William & Stewart, David & Miller, Patricia & Hyde, Geoffrey
- 393-399 The general practitioner's use of time: Is it influenced by the remuneration system?
by Kristiansen, Ivar Sønbø & Mooney, Gavin
- 401-412 Sexual behaviors relevant to HIV transmission in a rural African population : How much can a KAP survey tell us?
by Schopper, Doris & Doussantousse, Serge & Orav, John
- 413-417 Assessment of trends in geographical inequalities in infant mortality
by Vásquez-Vizoso, F. & Castilla, J. & Pollán, M. & López-Abente, G.
- 419-429 Motorcycling safety research: A review of the social and behavioural literature
by Chesham, D. J. & Rutter, D. R. & Quine, Lyn
- 431-435 Concurrent utilization of chiropractic, prescription medicines, nonprescription medicines and alternative health care
by Northcott, Herbert C. & Bachynsky, John A.
1993, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 129-138 State authority, medical dominance, and trends in the regulation of the health professions: The Ontario case
by Coburn, David
- 139-151 Des enfants pour la vieillesse : Forme de la Fratrie et soutien aux parents âgés dans le sud-ouest rural français
by Clément, Serge
- 153-158 The utility of health at different stages in life: A quantitative approach
by Busschbach, Jan J. V. & Hessing, Dick J. & De Charro, Frank Th.
- 159-171 A longitudinal study of the impact of behavioural change intervention on cleanliness, diarrhoeal morbidity and growth of children in rural Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Nasar U. & Zeitlin, Marian F. & Beiser, Alexa S. & Super, Charles M. & Gershoff, Stanley N.
- 173-181 Cost-effectiveness analysis of prenatal screening and vaccination against hepatitis B virus--The case of Belgium
by Tormans, G. & Van Damme, P. & Carrin, G. & Clara, R. & Eylenbosch, W.
- 183-198 Determinants of infant mortality in Malawi: A spatial perspective
by Kalipeni, Ezekiel
- 199-211 Determinants of pregnancy outcomes and targeting of maternal health services in Jamaica
by Gertler, Paul & Rahman, Omar & Feifer, Chris & Ashley, Deanna
- 213-232 Disease and mortality among gold miners of Ghana: Colonial government and mining company attitudes and policies, 1900-1938
by Dumett, Raymond
- 233-240 Social determinants of child health in Yemen
by Myntti, Cynthia
- 241-252 La maison du MBOMBO: Rite therapeutique pour les enfants a hauts risques dans le Zaire rural
by Goblet-Vanormelingen, Véronique
- 253-261 An application of Ajzen's theory of planned behaviour to predict mothers' intention to use oral rehydration therapy in a rural area of Benin
by MahougbéHounsa, Assomption & Godin, Gaston & Alihonou, Eusébe & Valois, Pierre & Girard, Jacques
- 263-266 Vasectomy as a reason for donor insemination
by Humphrey, Michael & Humphrey, Heather
- 267-274 The relationship between parenting stress and social support in mothers of children with learning disabilities: A Chinese experience
by Pearson, Veronica & Chan, Tim W. L.
- I-II Letter to the editor
by Hill, T. Patrick
1993, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-3 Anthropology in a multidisciplinary field: Substance abuse : Introduction
by Gilbert, M. Jean
- 5-13 Integration and exchange in multidisciplinary alcohol research
by Delaney, William & Ames, Genevieve
- 15-25 Knowledge for use: Anthropology and community-centered substance abuse research
by Singer, Merrill
- 27-30 The value of ethnographic alcohol studies: A psychologist's perspective
by Johnson, Patrick B.
- 33-40 Cost-effectiveness league tables: More harm than good?
by Drummond, Michael & Torrance, George & Mason, James
- 41-52 Unemployment and mental health: A critical review
by Ezzy, Douglas
- 53-59 Predicting the uptake of health checks in general practice: Invitation methods and patients' health beliefs
by Norman, Paul
- 61-67 Queueing for coronary surgery during severe supply-demand mismatch in a Canadian referral centre: A case study of implicit rationing
by Naylor, C. David & Levinton, Carey M. & Wheeler, Susan & Hunter, Linda
- 69-75 Tacit models of disability underlying health status instruments
by Ziebland, Sue & Fitzpatrick, Ray & Jenkinson, Crispin
- 77-83 Knowledge and attitudes about AIDS of residents of greater Athens
by Chliaoutakis, Joannes & Socrataki, Fotini & Darviri, Christina & Gousgounis, Nikos & Trakas, Deanne
- 85-95 Organizational and environmental determinants of the performance of public health units
by Champagne, François & Leduc, Nicole & Denis, Jean-Louis & Pineault, Raynald
- 97-103 Ors and the treatment of childhood diarrhea in Managua, Nicaragua
by Hudelson, Patricia M.
- 105-114 Attitudes of medical professionals toward euthanasia
by Anderson, James G. & Caddell, David P.
- 115-122 Criterion validation of the Nottingham health profile: Patient views of surgery for benign prostatic hypertrophy
by Doll, H. A. & Black, N. A. & Flood, A. B. & McPherson, K.
- 127-127 Letter to the editor
by Friedman, Ernest H.
- I-I Editorial note
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 12
- 1521-1534 Delay versus help seeking for breast cancer symptoms: A critical review of the literature on patient and provider delay
by Facione, Noreen C.
- 1535-1540 Sexual behaviour in the general population of Sweden
by Herlitz, Claes
- 1541-1543 Drug marketing in french-speaking African countries
by Chirac, P. & Pikon, A. & Poinsignon, Y. & Vitry, A.
- 1545-1554 Evaluating treatment efficacy by triangulation
by Kay, Margarita & de Zapien, Jill Guernsey & Wilson, Carmen Altamirano & Yoder, Marianne
- 1555-1567 The impact of war on the physical and mental health of the family: The Lebanese experience
by Farhood, Laila & Zurayk, Huda & Chaya, Monique & Saadeh, Fadia & Meshefedjian, Garbis & Sidani, Thuraya
- 1569-1578 Community types, socio-economic structure and IHD mortality--A contextual analysis based on Swedish aggregate data
by Starrin, Bengt & Hagquist, Curt & Larsson, Gerry & Svensson, Per-Gunnar
- 1579-1586 Predicting dentists' perceived occupational risk for HIV infection
by Kunzel, Carol & Sadowsky, Donald
- 1587-1595 A typology of care episodes experienced by people with schizophrenia in an english town
by Cotterill, Lesley & Thomas, Richard
- 1597-1604 Verbal exchanges in medical interviews: Implications and innovations
by Putnam, Samuel M. & Stiles, William B.
- 1605-1612 Intra-household food distribution among Guatemalan families in a supplementary feeding program: Behavior patterns
by Engle, Patrice L. & Nieves, Isabel
- 1613-1624 The cultural construction of childhood diarrhoea in rural Nicaragua: Relevance for epidemiology and health promotion
by Smith, George Davey & Gorter, Anna & Hoppenbrouwer, Joost & Sweep, Annemarie & Perez, Rosa Maria & Gonzales, Carmen & Morales, Patricia & Pauw, Josefina & Sandiford, Peter
- 1625-1633 Satisfaction and change: A survey of volunteers in a hospice organisation
by Field, David & Johnson, Ian
- 1635-1644 A meta-analysis of condom effectiveness in reducing sexually transmitted HIV
by Weller, Susan C.
- 1645-1647 How many people actually use condoms? An investigation of motel clients in Managua
by Gorter, Anna & Miranda, Esperanza & Smith, George Davey & Ortells, Pascual & Low, Nicola
1993, Volume 36, Issue 11
- 1383-1395 Community financing of health care in Africa: An evaluation of the Bamako initiative
by McPake, Barbara & Hanson, Kara & Mills, Anne
- 1397-1405 User charges for health services in developing countries: A review of the economic literature
by McPake, Barbara
- 1407-1416 Nutrition and the commercialization of agriculture: Ten years later
by DeWalt, Kathleen M.
- 1417-1428 Housing, stress, and physical well-being: Evidence from Thailand
by Fuller, Theodore D. & Edwards, John N. & Sermsri, Santhat & Vorakitphokatorn, Sairudee
- 1429-1441 Stress and exercise among the Japanese elderly
by Krause, Neal & Goldenhar, Linda & Liang, Jersey & Jay, Gina & Maeda, Daisaku
- 1443-1453 Costs and resource utilization for the treatment of incomplete abortion in Kenya and Mexico
by Johnson, Brooke R. & Benson, Janie & Bradley, Janet & Ordoñez, Aurora Rábago
- 1455-1465 Border crossing for hospital care and its implications for the use of statewide data
by Yip, Winnie & Luft, Harold S.
- 1467-1472 Covert suicide among elderly Japanese females: Questioning unintensional drownings
by Rockett, Ian R.H. & Smith, Gordon S.
- 1473-1482 Physician prescribing decisions: The effects of situational involvement and task complexity on information acquisition and decision making
by Chinburapa, Vijit & Larson, Lon N. & Brucks, Merrie & Draugalis, JoLaine & Bootman, J.Lyle & Puto, Christopher P.
- 1483-1493 A retrospective analysis of the cost-effectiveness of dental sealants in a children's health center
by Weintraub, Jane A. & Stearns, Sally C. & Burt, Brian A. & Beltran, Eugenio & Eklund, Stephen A.
- 1495-1502 Tobit, fixed effects, and cohort analyses of the relationship between severity and duration of rheumatoid arthritis
by Leigh, J.Paul & Fries, James F.
- 1503-1507 Traditional birth attendants and maternal mortality in Ghana
by Eades, Carol A. & Brace, Christopher & Osei, Lawrence & LaGuardia, Katherine D.
- 1509-1517 A critical appraisal of the demand/control model of the psychosocial work environment: Epistemological, social, behavioral and class considerations
by Muntaner, Carles & O'Campo, Patricia J.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 10
- 1243-1245 The geographical inequalities in mortality in Africa
by Iyun, B.Folasade
- 1247-1256 Les inegalites geographiques de l'infection a vih et du sida en Afrique sud-saharienne
by Amat-Roze, Jeanne-Marie
- 1257-1265 Evolution comparee de la mortalite en Afrique du nord de 1960 a nos jours
by Tabutin, Dominique
- 1267-1272 Spatial distribution of mortality from leading notifiable diseases in Nigeria
by Egunjobi, Layi
- 1273-1283 The inequalities of morbidity and mortality in Mauritius--Its ethic and geographic dimension
by Kalla, Abdool Cader
- 1285-1290 Les inegalites geographiques de la mortalite au Cameroun
by Ngatchou, Richard Dackam & Gubry, Patrick & Ngwe, Emmanuel
- 1291-1296 Differences de mortalite chez les Dogon de Boni
by Brown, E. & Cazes, M.H.
- 1297-1311 Geographie de la mortalite et de la natalite a pikine (senegal): Interets et limites des donnees d'etat civil dans les villes africaines
by Salem, Gérard
- 1313-1317 L'inegalite geographique devant la mort en Asie du Sud, du Sud-Est et de l'Est
by Veron, Jacques
- 1319-1323 The geographical inequalities of mortality in China
by Ru-Kang, Fang
- 1325-1330 Spatial patterns of mortality in Bangladesh
by Raihan Sharif, A.H.M. & Monzurul Huq, Sheikh Md. & Mesbah-us-Saleheen
- 1331-1334 Regional inequalities of child mortality in Peninsular Malaysia with special reference to the differentials between Perlis and Kuala Terengganu
by Brehm, Uwe
- 1335-1338 The geo-systemic model and mortality in Ubon-Ratchathani
by Loslier, Luc
- 1339-1348 Aspects geographiques de la mortalite en Polynesie Francaise
by Vigneron, Emmanuel
- 1349-1355 Geographical inequalities in mortality in Latin America
by Curto de Casas, Susana Isabel
- 1357-1365 Disparites regionales et socio-economiques de la mortalite en Amerique Latine
by Orihuela-Egoavil, Emilio Fernando
- 1367-1371 The problem of fuzzy cause-specific death rates in mortality context analysis: The case of Panama City
by Bock, S. & Gans, P.
- 1373-1382 Life expectancy and infant mortality in Latin America
by Bähr, Jürgen & Wehrhahn, Rainer
1993, Volume 36, Issue 9
- 1109-1120 Demographic variables in fetal and child mortality: Hmong in Thailand
by Kunstadter, Peter & Lennington Kunstadter, Sally & Podhisita, Chai & Leepreecha, Prasit
- 1121-1136 Processing narratives of self-destructive behavior in routine medical encounters: Health promotion, disease prevention, and the discourse of health care
by Waitzkin, Howard & Britt, Theron
- 1137-1144 Factors associated with health behaviour among mothers of lower socio-economic status: A British example
by Pill, Roisin & Peters, T.J. & Robling, M.R.
- 1145-1150 Community participation in disease control
by Bermejo, Alvaro & Bekui, Amenuve
- 1151-1159 Communication between patients and physicians about terminal care: A survey in Japan
by Kai, Ichiro & Ohi, Gen & Yano, Eiji & Kobayashi, Yasuki & Miyama, Tomoyo & Niino, Naoakira & Naka, Koh-Ichi
- 1161-1167 Social relationships of men at risk for AIDS
by O'Brien, Kerth & Wortman, Camille B. & Kessler, Ronald C. & Joseph, Jill G.
- 1169-1180 Acculturation and symptoms: A comparative study of reported health symptoms in three Samoan communities
by Hanna, Joel M. & Fitzgerald, Maureen H.
- 1181-1186 Re-adjustment of Japanese returnee children from an overseas sojourn
by Tamura, Takeshi & Furnham, Adrian
- 1187-1195 Highland-lowland contrasts in the impact of old world diseases in early colonial Ecuador
by Newson, Linda A.
- 1197-1205 Maternal mortality in rural and urban Zimbabwe: Social and reproductive factors in an incident case-referent study
by Mbizvo, Michael T & Fawcus, Susan & Lindmark, Gunilla & Nyström, Lennarth
- 1207-1227 Maternal education and child survival: A comparative study of survey data from 17 countries
by Bicego, George T. & Ties Boerma, J.
- 1229-1235 The perception of AIDS in the Bété and Baoulé of the Ivory Coast
by Caprara, Andrea & Seri, Dedy & De Gregorio, Giulio C. & Parenzi, Alessandro & Salazar, Carlos M. & Gozé, Tapé
- 1237-1237 Letter to the editor
by Nelson, Michael & Margetts, Barrie M. & Black, Alison E.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 8
- 987-998 Medical slang and its functions
by Coombs, Robert H. & Chopra, Sangeeta & Schenk, Debra R. & Yutan, Elaine
- 999-1009 Health needs, demand for health services and expenditure across social groups in Italy: An empirical investigation
by Mapelli, Vittorio
- 1011-1016 Interpoint squared distance as a measure of spatial clustering
by Selvin, S. & Schulman, J. & Merrill, D.W.
- 1017-1022 Reporting by parents of longstanding illness in their adolescent children
by Ecob, Russell & Macintyre, Sally & West, Patrick
- 1023-1035 Enhancing appropriate drug use: The contribution of herbal medicine promotion: A case study in rural Thailand
by le Grand, Amanda & Sri-ngernyuang, Luechai & Streefland, Pieter H.
- 1037-1046 Negotiating autism: Relations between parents and treatment staff
by Gray, David E.
- 1047-1052 The impact of childhood living conditions on illness and mortality in adulthood
by Lundberg, Olle
- 1053-1061 Socioeconomic disadvantage and child morbidity: An Australian longitudinal study
by Bor, W. & Najman, J.M. & Andersen, M. & Morrison, J. & Williams, G.
- 1063-1069 Breastfeeding and weaning in a poor urban neighborhood in Cairo, Egypt: Maternal beliefs and perceptions
by Harrison, Gail G. & Zaghloul, Zahar S. & Galal, Osman M. & Gabr, Azza
- 1071-1076 Property rights and payment to patients for cell lines derived from human tissues: An economic analysis
by Greenberg, Warren & Kamin, Deborah
- 1077-1086 Social inequality in health--The role of the healthy worker effect
by Dahl, Espen
- 1087-1097 Construction of a socio-economic index to facilitate analysis of health data in developing countries
by Cortinovis, I. & Vella, V. & Ndiku, J.
- 1099-1104 Health effects of discontinuities in female employment and marital status
by Hibbard, Judith H. & Pope, Clyde R.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 7
- 843-848 The impact of war on children's health in Mozambique
by Cliff, Julie & Noormahomed, Abdul Razak
- 849-856 Obstacles to medical audit: British doctors speak
by Black, Nick & Thompson, Elizabeth
- 857-865 The body: From an immateriality to another
by Benoist, Jean & Cathebras, Pascal
- 867-874 Child health and the social environment of white and black children
by McGauhey, Peggy J. & Starfield, Barbara
- 875-892 Societal and ecological determinants of urban health: A case study of pre-reproductive mortality in 19th century Gibraltar
by Sawchuk, L.A.
- 893-901 Anti-permissive attitudes to lifestyles associated with AIDS
by Nisbet, L.A. & McQueen, D.V.
- 903-914 Health related response to natural disasters: The case of the Bangladesh cyclone of 1991
by Rahman, M.Omar & Bennish, Michael
- 915-924 Towards understanding treatment preferences of hospital physicians
by Denig, P. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, F.M. & Wesseling, H. & Versluis, A.
- 925-935 Maternal education and child feeding practices in rural Bangladesh
by Guldan, Georgia S. & Zeitlin, Marian F. & Beiser, Alexa S. & Super, Charles M. & Gershoff, Stanley N. & Datta, Sabita
- 937-947 Child feeding practices in a rural area of Zimbabwe
by Cosminsky, Sheila & Mhloyi, Marvellous & Ewbank, Douglas
- 949-955 HIV transmission through social and geographical networks in Uganda
by Obbo, Christine
- 957-964 Interfacing anthropology and epidemiology: The Bedouin Arab infant feeding study
by Lewando Hundt, G.A. & Forman, M.R.
- 965-979 Prostitution and the military: Planning AIDS intervention in Belize
by Kane, Stephanie C.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 6
- 715-724 Health consequences of employment and unemployment: Longitudinal evidence for young men and women
by Graetz, Brian
- 725-733 The structure and properties of the sense of coherence scale
by Antonovsky, Aaron
- 735-747 Increasing reliance on user fees as a response to public health financing crises: A case study of El Salvador
by Fiedler, John L.
- 749-756 Suicide and unemployment in Australia 1907-1990
by Morrell, Stephen & Taylor, Richard & Quine, Susan & Kerr, Charles
- 757-765 Patient control over dying: Responses of health care professionals
by Kelner, Merrijoy J. & Bourgeault, Ivy L.
- 767-774 The attitudes of patients and physicians towards placebo treatment--A comparative study
by Lynöe, Niels & Mattsson, Bengt & Sandlund, Mikael
- 775-782 Primary health workers in North East Brazil
by Stock-Iwamoto, Christel & Korte, Rolf
- 783-791 Social science and the study of pain since Zborowski: A need for a new agenda
by Encandela, John A.
- 793-805 Witchcraft-explained childhood tragedies in Tlaxcala, and their medical sequelae
by Fabrega, Horacio & Nutini, Hugo
- 807-816 Socioeconomic, environmental, demographic and behavioral factors associated with occurrence of diarrhea in young children in the Republic of Congo
by Mock, Nancy B. & Sellers, Thomas A. & Abdoh, Ahmed A. & Franklin, Robert R.
- 817-822 Prevalence of smoking in physicians and medical students, and the generation effect in the Netherlands
by Dekker, Heleen M. & Looman, Caspar W. N. & Adriaanse, Hans P. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 823-833 What do students find attractive about the practice of medicine? : A pattern of stability over time
by Simpson, Janet M.
- 841-841 Letter to the editor
by Nelson, Michael & Margetts, Barrie M. & Black, Alison E.
1993, Volume 36, Issue 5
- 585-596 Developing a primary health care management information system that supports the pursuit of equity, effectiveness and affordability
by Husein, Khatidja & Adeyi, Olusoji & Bryant, John & Cara, Noorddin B.
- 597-607 Minorities and mental health
by Halpern, David
- 609-614 White liver: A cultural disorder resembling aids
by Kerr, Harry D.
- 615-623 Attitudes towards disabilities in a multicultural society
by Westbrook, Mary T. & Legge, Varoe & Pennay, Mark
- 625-629 Primary mental health care in Nicaragua
by Byng, Richard
- 631-639 Predictors of psychological distress among southeast Asian refugees
by Chung, Rita Chi-Ying & Kagawa-Singer, Marjorie
- 641-655 Changes in life satisfaction over a two and a half year period among very elderly people living in London
by Bowling, Ann & Farquhar, Morag & Grundy, Emily & Formby, Juliet
- 657-663 Professional constructions of a 'lay' illness: 'Nerves' in a rural 'coloured' community in South Africa
by Reynolds, John & Swartz, Leslie
- 665-672 Evaluation of a face-to-face weaning food intervention in Kwara state, Nigeria: Knowledge, trial, and adoption of a home-prepared weaning food
by Guptill, Katharine S. & Esrey, Steven A. & Oni, Gbolahan A. & Brown, Kenneth H.
- 673-681 Blood is hotter than water: Popular use of hot and cold in Kel Tamasheq illness management
by Randall, Sara C.
- 683-692 Comparing nurses' and patients' pain evaluations: A study of hospitalized patients in Kuwait
by Harrison, Ann
- 693-701 Validity and reliability testing of the FAMCARE scale: Measuring family satisfaction with advanced cancer care
by Kristjanson, Linda J.
- 703-707 The impact of induced abortions on fertility in Israel
by Sabatello, Eitan F.
- 713-714 Letter to the editor
by Zhang, Kaining
1993, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 385-391 Financing health care in rural China: Preliminary report of a nationwide study
by Xingyuan, Gu & Bloom, Gerald & Shenglan, Tang & Yingya, Zhu & Shouqi, Zhou & Xingbao, Chen
- 393-402 Stress, anxiety and depression: Women's accounts of their health problems
by Walters, Vivienne
- 403-407 Malaria chemoprophylaxis compliance in pregnant women: A cost-effectiveness analysis of alternative interventions
by Helitzer-Allen, Deborah L. & McFarland, Deborah A. & Wirima, Jack J. & Macheso, Allen P.