Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
1994, Volume 38, Issue 9
- 1243-1256 Using gini-style indices to evaluate the spatial patterns of health practitioners: Theoretical considerations and an application based on Alberta data
by Brown, Malcolm C.
- 1257-1278 Mortality by indicators of socioeconomic status among the finnish elderly
by Martelin, Tuija
- 1279-1288 Older patient satisfaction with communication during an initial medical encounter
by Greene, Michele G. & Adelman, Ronald D. & Friedmann, Erika & Charon, Rita
- 1289-1297 Measures of socioeconomic status for child health research: Comparative results from Bangladesh and Pakistan
by Durkin, M.S. & Islam, S. & Hasan, Z.M. & Zaman, S.S.
- 1299-1305 Concordance of parental and adolescent health behaviors
by Rossow, Ingeborg & Rise, Jostein
- 1307-1315 Self-management of cystic fibrosis: A structural model for educational and behavioral variables
by Parcel, Guy S. & Swank, Paul R. & Mariotto, Marco J. & Bartholomew, L.Kay & Czyzewski, Danita I. & Sockrider, Marianna M. & Seilheimer, Dan K.
- v-viii Depressive disorder
by Venkoba Rao, A.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 8
- 1017-1036 Dissent in science: Styles of scientific practice and the controversy over the cause of AIDS
by Fujimura, Joan H. & Chou, Danny Y.
- 1037-1046 Alzheimer's disease afflicted spouses who remain at home: Can human dialectics explain the findings?
by Wright, Lore K.
- 1047-1053 The social impact of HIV infection on women in Kigali, Rwanda: A prospective study
by Keogh, P. & Allen, S. & Almedal, C. & Temahagili, B.
- 1055-1060 Psychological distress in survivors of residential fires
by Keane, Anne & Pickett, Mary & Jepson, Christopher & McCorkle, Ruth & Lowery, Barbara J.
- 1061-1068 Alternative medicine in the United States
by Wardwell, Walter I.
- 1069-1073 Midwives in Niger: An uncomfortable position between social behaviours and health care constraints
by Jaffre, Yannick & Prual, Alain
- 1075-1089 Health cards, maternal reports and the measurement of immunization coverage: The example of Guatemala
by Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R.
- 1091-1110 Too far to walk: Maternal mortality in context
by Thaddeus, Sereen & Maine, Deborah
- 1111-1124 One person's 'spoiling' is another's freedom to become: Overcoming ethnocentric views about parental control
by Sprott, Julie E.
- 1125-1140 The technocratic body: American childbirth as cultural expression
by Davis-Floyd, Robbie E.
- 1141-1152 Attitudes toward organ donation and transplantation : A model for understanding reactions to medical procedures after death
by Sanner, Margareta
- 1153-1165 Using STD occurrence to monitor AIDS prevention
by Renton, Adrian M. & Whitaker, Luke
- 1169-1170 A meta-analysis of condom effectiveness in reducing sexually transmitted HIV
by Warner, David Lee & Hatcher, Robert A.
- v-ix Public health education in Australia: Nobody's child?
by Reid, Janice
1994, Volume 38, Issue 7
- 863-865 Frailty and its consequences: Introduction
by Tennstedt, Sharon L. & McKinlay, John B.
- 867-874 Stress and strategies in care systems: the Scandinavian experience
by Daatland, Svein Olav
- 875-882 Pathways to care for the elderly in Greece
by Triantafillou, Judith & Mestheneos, Elizabeth
- 883-903 British home and community care: Research-based critiques and the challenge of the new policy
by Davies, Bleddyn
- 905-914 Longitudinal patterns of formal and informal social support in an urban elderly population
by Kelman, Howard R. & Thomas, Cynthia & Tanaka, Jeefrey S.
- 915-924 Unmet need among disabled elders: A problem in access to community long term care?
by Tennstedt, Sharon & McKinlay, John & Kasten, Linda
- 925-936 Dynamics of functional impairment in late adulthood
by Maddox, George L. & Clark, Daniel O. & Steinhauser, Karen
- 937-942 How measurement techniques influence estimates of disability in older populations
by Jette, Alan M.
- 943-957 Does intergenerational social support influence the psychological well-being of older parents? The contingencies of declining health and widowhood
by Silverstein, Merril & Bengtson, Vern L.
- 959-971 Tolerating reality: The experience of parents of HIV positive sons
by Siegl, Dyan & Morse, Janice M.
- 973-987 Mothers' perceptions of severe pneumonia in their own children: A controlled study in Pakistan
by Mull, Dorothy S. & Mull, J.Dennis & Kundi, M.Z.Malik & Anjum, Muhammad
- 989-997 Susto and the career path of the victim of an industrial accident: A sociological case study
by Holloway, Geoff
- 999-1010 The social significance of routine health behavior in Tamang daily life
by Jackson, J.Carey & Jackson-Carroll, Leslie
1994, Volume 38, Issue 6
- 771-774 Introduction
by Mattingly, Cheryl & Garro, Linda C.
- 775-788 Narrative representations of chronic illness experience: cultural models of illness, mind, and body in stories concerning the Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ)
by Garro, Linda C.
- 789-800 Coming to terms with advanced breast cancer: Black women's narratives from Eastern North Carolina
by Mathews, Holly F. & Lannin, Donald R. & Mitchell, James P.
- 801-809 AIDS-talk and the constitution of cultural models
by Farmer, Paul
- 811-822 The concept of therapeutic 'emplotment'
by Mattingly, Cheryl
- 823-833 The Rashomon approach to dealing with chronic pain
by Jackson, Jean E.
- 835-842 In the subjenctive mode: Epilepsy narratives in Turkey
by Good, Byron J. & Del Vecchio Good, Mary-Jo & Togan, Isenbike & Ilbars, Zafer & Güvener, A. & Gelisen, Ilker
- 843-853 Practicing oncology in provincial Mexico: A narrative analysis
by Hunt, Linda M.
- 855-862 Oncology and narrative time
by Del Vecchio Good, Mary-Jo & Munakata, Tseunetsugu & Kobayashi, Yasuki & Mattingly, Cheryl & Good, Byron J.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 5
- 649-663 Illness semantics and international health: The weak lungs/TB complex in the Philippines
by Nichter, Mark
- 665-675 Medical risk: Implicating poor pregnant women
by Handwerker, Lisa
- 677-690 Coronary heart disease: Trends in spatial inequalities and implications for health care planning in England
by Bryce, Carol & Curtis, Sarah & Mohan, John
- 691-698 Gender and class as dimensions of smoking behaviour in Britain: Insights from a survey of mothers
by Graham, Hilary
- 699-709 Health consequences of youth unemployment--review from a gender perspective
by Hammarström, Anne
- 711-716 General practitioner utilisation in Ireland: The role of socio-economic factors
by Nolan, Brian
- 717-724 The use of antimicrobial drugs in Nagpur, India. A window on medical care in a developing country
by Dua, Vikram & Kunin, Calvin M. & VanArsdale White, Laura
- 725-731 A measure of family disruption for use in chickenpox and other childhood illnesses
by McKenna, Stephen P. & Hunt, Sonja M.
- 733-748 Practitioner productivity and the product content of medical care in publicly supported health centers
by Camasso, Michael J. & Camasso, Anne E.
- 749-753 Blaming children for child pedestrian injuries
by Roberts, Ian & Coggan, Carolyn
- 755-761 Breastfeeding practices and lactation mastitis
by Foxman, Betsy & Schwartz, Kendra & Looman, Sophia J.
- 769-769 Letter to the editor
by Roth, Julius A.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 489-495 Primary health care in Japan and the United States
by Tsuda, Toshihide & Aoyama, Hideyasu & Froom, Jack
- 497-507 Danger and safety in medicines
by O'Neill, Arthur
- 509-516 Patient satisfaction: A valid concept?
by Williams, Brian
- 517-524 Comparisons of inequalities in health: Evidence from national surveys in Finland, Norway and Sweden
by Lahelma, Eero & Manderbacka, Kristiina & Rahkonen, Ossi & Karisto, Antti
- 525-542 Exorcists, psychiatrists, and the problems of possession in northwest Madagascar
by Sharp, Lesley A.
- 543-552 Terror, silencing and children: International, multidisciplinary collaboration with Guatemalan Maya communities
by Brinton Lykes, M.
- 553-557 Are bereaved family members a valid proxy for a patient's assessment of dying?
by Higginson, Irene & Priest, Patricia & McCarthy, Mark
- 559-564 Marital relationships and somatic and psychological symptoms in pregnancy
by Zimmermann-Tansella, Christa & Bertagni, Paolo & Siani, Roberta & Micciolo, Rocco
- 565-574 Prospects for reform of hospital fees in sub-Saharan Africa: A case study of Niamey National Hospital in Niger
by Weaver, Marcia & Wong, Holly & Sako, Amadou Sekou & Simon, Robert & Lee, Felix
- 575-583 Correlations between education and arthritis in the 1971-1975 NHANES I
by Leigh, J. Paul & Fries, James F.
- 585-592 Patients' intentions in primary care: Relationship to physical and psychological symptoms, and their perception by general practitioners
by Salmon, Peter & Sharma, Narinder & Valori, Roland & Bellenger, Nicholas
- 593-602 Vitality and growth in HIV-infected gay men
by Schwartzberg, Steven S.
- 603-608 Gender differences in tobacco use and the commodification of tobacco in Central Borneo
by Alexander, Jennifer & Alexander, Paul
- 609-621 Infant and child survival in Shaanxi, China
by Ren, Xinhua Steve
- 623-629 Results from a community intervention project in the Nicaraguan mining community El Limon. An overview
by Peña, Rodolfo & Thörn, Åke & Aragón, Aurora
- 631-636 Spiritual and religious beliefs in acute illness--Is this a feasible area for study?
by King, Michael & Speck, Peter & Thomas, Angela
- 637-643 Journalists and their sources of ideas and information on medicines
by van Trigt, Anke M. & de Jong-van den Berg, Lolkje T. W. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M. & Willems, Jaap & Tromp, Theo F. J.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 399-400 Editorial/introduction
by O'Donnell, Ian & Farmer, Richard & Tranah, Troy
- 401-407 Railway suicide in England and Wales, 1850-1949
by Clarke, M.
- 409-418 The epidemiology of suicide on the London underground
by O'Donnell, I. & Farmer, E.D.T.
- 419-426 Suicidal behaviour on railways in the FRG
by Schmidtke, A.
- 427-430 Suicide in the Hong Kong subway
by Gaylord, Mark S. & Lester, David
- 431-435 Psychiatric and preventative aspects of rail fatalities
by Symonds, R.L.
- 437-442 A follow-up study of attempted railway suicides
by O'Donnell, I. & Arthur, A.J. & Farmer, R.D.J.
- 443-446 Preventing suicide on the London underground
by Clarke, R.V. & Poyner, B.
- 447-451 National suicide prevention programme and railway suicide
by Beskow, J. & Thorson, J. & Öström, M.
- 453-457 Imitative suicide on the Viennese subway
by Sonneck, G. & Etzersdorfer, E. & Nagel-Kuess, S.
- 459-469 Psychological reactions of drivers to railway suicide
by Tranah, T. & Farmer, R.D.T.
- 471-475 'Person under train' incidents from the subway driver's point of view--A prospective 1-year follow-up study: The design, and medical and psychiatric data
by Theorell, Tores & Leymann, Heinz & Jodko, Margareta & Konarski, Kristoffer & Norbeck, Hans Erik
- 477-478 Psychotherapy for train drivers after railway suicide
by Tang, D.
- 479-482 Mental first aid
by Foss, Ø.T.
- 483-487 A strategy for trauma debriefing after railway suicides
by Williams, Chris & Miller, Joe & Watson, Gilli & Hunt, Nigel
1994, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 201-204 The household production of health: Introduction
by Schumann, Debra A. & Mosley, W.Henry
- 205-215 The household production of health: Integrating social science perspectives on micro-level health determinants
by Berman, Peter & Kendall, Carl & Bhattacharyya, Karabi
- 217-226 The developmental niche: A theoretical framework for analyzing the household production of health
by Harkness, Sara & Super, Charles M.
- 227-229 Child care and infectious respiratory disease during the first two years of life in a rural Kenyan community
by Super, Charles M. & Keefer, Constance H. & Harkness, Sara
- 231-238 Social and psychological costs of preventive child health services in Haiti
by Coreil, Jeannine & Augustin, Antoine & Halsey, Neal A. & Holt, Elizabeth
- 239-251 Socio-economic causes and cultural explanations of childhood malnutrition among the Chagga of Tanzania
by Howard, Mary
- 253-268 A causal model of high rates of child mortality
by Millard, Ann V.
- 269-274 Felt versus enacted stigma: A concept revisited: Evidence from a study of people with epilepsy in remission
by Jacoby, Ann
- 275-283 Alternative forms of ambulatory care: Implications for patients and physicians
by Lowell-Smith, Elizabeth G.
- 285-297 Double burden or double blessing? Employment, motherhood and mortality in the longitudinal study of England and Wales
by Weatherall, Rosamund & Joshi, Heather & Macran, Susan
- 299-308 A prospective cohort study investigating the explanation of socio-economic inequalities in health in the Netherlands
by Mackenbach, J.P. & van de Mheen, H. & Stronks, K.
- 309-316 The conceptualization of meaning in illness
by Fife, Betsy L.
- 317-326 Epidemiology as an investigative paradigm: The College of General Practitioners in the 1950s
by Osborne, Thomas
- 327-338 A new perspective on threatened autonomy in elderly persons: The disempowering process
by McWilliam, Carol L. & Brown, Judith Belle & Carmichael, Janet L. & Lehman, Jocelyn M.
- 339-342 Fears of aids in Nigerian students: Dimensions of the Fear of Aids Scale (FAIDSS) in West Africa
by Akande, Adebowale & Ross, Michael W.
- 343-350 Association between maternal education and infant diarrhea in different household and community environments of Cebu, Philippines
by Dargent-Molina, Patricia & James, Sherman A. & Strogatz, David S. & Savitz, David A.
- 351-361 Mothering on crack cocaine: A grounded theory analysis
by Kearney, Margaret H. & Murphy, Sheigla & Rosenbaum, Marsha
- 363-371 Service attributes and the choice for STD health services in persons seeking a medical examination for an STD
by Leenaars, P.E.M. & Rombouts, R. & Kok, G.
- 373-381 Social stress and state-to-state differences in smoking and smoking related mortality in the United States
by Colby Jr, John P. & Linsky, Arnold S. & Straus, Murray A.
- 383-393 Hot and cold in transformation: Is Iban medicine humoral?
by Barrett, Robert J. & Lucas, Rodney H.
1994, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-14 The disablement process
by Verbrugge, Lois M. & Jette, Alan M.
- 15-22 Disability, stigma and deviance
by Susman, Joan
- 23-33 Perception of risks and benefits of in vitro fertilization, genetic engineering and biotechnology
by Macer, Darryl R.J.
- 35-43 Government participation in physician negotiations in German economic policy as applied to universal health care coverage in the United States
by Powell, Francis D.
- 45-53 Quality judgements by patients on general practice care: A literature analysis
by Wensing, Michel & Grol, Richard & Smits, Anton
- 55-58 Equity in authorship: A strategy for assigning credit when publishing
by Digiusto, Erol
- 59-66 Explanatory models of diabetes: Patient practitioner variation
by Cohen, Marlene Zichi & Tripp-Reimer, Toni & Smith, Christopher & Sorofman, Bernard & Lively, Sonja
- 67-78 The relevance of drug injectors' social and risk networks for understanding and preventing HIV infection
by Neaigus, Alan & Friedman, Samuel R. & Curtis, Richard & Des Jarlais, Don C. & Terry Furst, R. & Jose, Benny & Mota, Patrice & Stepherson, Bruce & Sufian, Meryl & Ward, Thomas & Wright, Jerome W.
- 79-88 Social networks and infectious disease: The Colorado Springs study
by Klovdahl, A.S. & Potterat, J.J. & Woodhouse, D.E. & Muth, J.B. & Muth, S.Q. & Darrow, W.W.
- 89-96 Preterm birth, low birthweight and the stressfulness of the household role for pregnant women
by Pritchard, C.W. & Teo Mfphm, P.Y.K.
- 97-103 Death for sale: A study of drug poisoning and deaths in Nigeria
by Alubo, S.Ogoh
- 105-115 Making a killing south of the border: Transnational cigarette companies in Mexico and Guatemala
by Stebbins, Kenyon R.
- 117-127 A follow-up of second generation Afro-Caribbeans and white British with a first admission diagnosis of schizophrenia: Attitudes to mental illness and psychiatric services of patients and relatives
by McGovern, Dermot & Hemmings, Patricia
- 129-134 Socio-geographical patterns of HIV-1 transmission in Kagera region, Tanzania
by Killewo, J. & Dahlgren, L. & Sandström, A.
- 135-146 Knowledge and meaning: The AIDS education campaign in rural Northeast Thailand
by Lyttleton, Chris
- 147-151 Change of occupation and retirement among Swedish farmers and farm workers in relation to those in other occupations: A study of "elimination" from farming during the period 1970-1988
by Thelin, Anders & Höglund, Sverker
- 153-158 Reliability of the Spanish version of the Nottingham health profile in patients with stable end-stage renal disease
by Badia, Xavier & Alonso, Jordi & Brosa, Max & Lock, Penny
- 159-163 Quality of life and maladjustment associated with hair loss in women with alopecia androgenetica
by van der Donk, J. & Hunfeld, J.A.M. & Passchier, J. & Knegt-Junk, K.J. & Nieboer, C.
- 165-178 A study of the relationship of rice cultivation and annual parasite incidence of malaria in India
by Sharma, V.P. & Srivastava, Aruna & Nagpal, B.N.
- 179-185 Growth models and the HIV epidemic in Finland
by Löytönen, Markku
- 187-192 Depression and the development of cancer: A meta-analysis
by McGee, Rob & Williams, Sheila & Elwood, Mark
- 193-196 Height and the risk of acute myocardial infarction in Italian women
by D'Avanzo, Barbara & La Vecchia, Carlo & Negri, Eva
1993, Volume 37, Issue 12
- 1415-1425 Gender differences in occupational mobility and structure of employment in the British Civil Service
by Roberts, Ron & Brunner, Eric & White, Ian & Marmot, Michael
- 1427-1430 Judging clinical research questions: What criteria are used?
by Sutherland, H. J. & Meslin, E. M. & da Cunha, R. & Till, J. E.
- 1431-1439 Estimating hospital admission patterns using Medicare data
by Radany, Margaret Higgins & Luft, Harold S.
- 1441-1450 Applications of O.R. in health in developing countries: A review
by Datta, S.
- 1451-1459 Physician uncertainty and the art of persuasion
by Rizzo, John A.
- 1461-1472 Dental care utilization over time
by Beazoglou, Tryfon & Brown, L. Jackson & Heffley, Dennis
- 1473-1480 Formulating selection policies for assisted reproduction
by Daniels, Ken & Taylor, Karyn
- 1481-1488 Coping with the Gulf war: Subculture differences among ischemic heart disease patients in Israel
by Carmel, Sara & Koren, Ilan & Ilia, Reuben
- 1489-1499 International migration and control of communicable diseases
by Gellert, George A.
- 1501-1508 Accessibility of dental services according to family income in a non-insured population
by Grytten, Jostein & Holst, Dorthe & Laake, Petter
- 1509-1520 A comparison of social support and social networks of black parents and white parents with chronically ill children
by Williams, Holly Ann
- 1521-1527 The Ray Alexander workers clinic--A model for worker-based health services in South Africa?
by London, L.
- 1529-1538 Development and consequences of group living in Sweden : A new mode of care for the demented elderly
by Annerstedt, Lena
- 1539-1544 Evaluation of aids prevention among homosexual and bisexual men in Switzerland
by Dubois-Arber, F. & Masur, J. -B. & Hausser, D. & Zimmermann, E. & Paccaud, F.
- 1545-1555 Life events, chronic difficulties and vulnerability factors preceding breast cancer
by Geyer, Siegfried
- 1557-1564 Not worth the risk? Attitudes of adults with learning difficulties, and their informal and formal carers to the hazards of everyday life
by Heyman, Bob & Huckle, Sarah
- 1565-1578 Growth monitoring and the promotion of breastfeeding
by Behague, Dominique
- 1585-1585 Letters to the editor
by Luepker, Russell V.
- 1585-1586 Primary mental health care in Nicaragua five years later
by Sales, Pau Pérez
1993, Volume 37, Issue 11
- 1283-1284 Introduction
by Gallin, Rita S. & Govindasamy, Pavalavalli
- 1285-1292 Health-seeking behavior of Rwandan women
by Csete, Joanne
- 1293-1301 Children's nutritional status in female-headed households in the Dominican Republic
by Johnson, F. Catherine & Rogers, Beatrice Lorge
- 1303-1312 Influences of mothers' and fathers' income on children's nutritional status in Guatemala
by Engle, Patrice L.
- 1313-1319 Agricultural productivity, seasonality and gender bias in rural nutrition: Empirical evidence from South India
by Babu, Suresh Chandra & Thirumaran, Susheela & Mohanam, T. C.
- 1321-1329 Midwives in the Mexican health system
by Parra, Pilar Alicia
- 1331-1343 The education and contribution of women health care professionals in Saudi Arabia: The case of nursing
by El-Sanabary, Nagat
- 1345-1349 Rural origin as a risk factor for maternal and child health in periurban Bolivia
by Bender, Deborah E. & Rivera, Tirsa & Madonna, Donna
- 1351-1358 The health status of women in Oaxaca: Determinants and consequences
by Winter, Mary & Morris, Earl W. & Murphy, Arthur D.
- 1359-1366 Prenatal diagnosis and sex selection in 19 nations
by Wertz, Dorothy C. & Fletcher, John C.
- 1367-1376 Family composition strategies in rural north India
by Wadley, Susan S.
- 1377-1389 When more means less: Assessing the impact of dairy 'development' on the lives and health of women in rural Rajasthan (India)
by Sharma, Miriam & Vanjani, Urmila
- 1391-1400 Child and maternal health and international economic policies
by Whiteford, Linda M.
- 1401-1413 AIDS action-research with women in Kinshasa, Zaire
by Schoepf, Brooke Grundfest
1993, Volume 37, Issue 10
- 1177-1198 Medically unnecessary cesarean section births: Introduction to a symposium
by Sakala, Carol
- 1199-1218 Caesarean section in Britain and the United States 12% or 24%: Is either the right rate?
by Francome, Colin & Savage, Wendy
- 1219-1222 The Mount Sinai cesarean section reduction program: An update after 6 years
by Myers, Stephen A. & Gleicher, Norbert
- 1223-1231 Cesarean section: Medical benefits and costs
by Shearer, Elizabeth L.
- 1233-1250 Midwifery care and out-of-hospital birth settings: How do they reduce unnecessary cesarean section births?
by Sakala, Carol
- 1251-1260 The effect of physician characteristics on clinical behavior: Cesarean section in New York State
by Dale Tussing, A. & Wojtowycz, Martha A.
- 1261-1269 Explaining excessive rates of cesareans and other childbirth interventions: Contributions from contemporary theories of gender and psychosocial development
by LoCicero, Alice Katherine
- 1271-1281 Psychosocial impact of cesarean section on the family: A literature review
by Mutryn, Cynthia S.
1993, Volume 37, Issue 9
- 1093-1108 Economic and demographic research on malaria: A review of the evidence
by Gomes, Melba
- 1109-1114 Determining malaria effects in rural Colombia
by Bonilla, Elssy & Rodriguez, A.
- 1115-1119 The impact of malaria on labour use and efficiency in the Sudan
by Nur, El Tahir Mohamed
- 1121-1130 Agricultural land use patterns and malaria conditions in Kenya
by Wang'Ombe, Joseph K. & Mwabu, Germano M.
- 1131-1136 Economic and social consequences of malaria in new colonization projects in Brazil
by Sawyer, Donald
- 1137-1145 Malaria rates and fate: A socioeconomic study of malaria in Brazil
by Fernandez Castilla, Rogelio E. & Sawyer, Diana Oya
- 1147-1154 Malaria and mobility in Thailand
by Singhanetra-Renard, Anchalee
- 1155-1167 Human mobility and malaria risk in the Naya river basin of Colombia
by Sevilla-Casas, Elías
- 1169-1176 Illness perception: Social cost and coping-strategies of malaria cases
by Jayawardene, Ruwani
1993, Volume 37, Issue 8
- 969-974 Complexity, conflict, chaos, coherence, coercion and civility
by Antonovsky, Aaron
- 974-976 On conflict resolution and change
by Mburu, F. M.
- 977-978 A good word for the "Young man [or woman] with a gun": Whose violence? Whose "Salutogenesis"?
by Waitzkin, Howard
- 978-979 Sense of coherence and sociology of emotions
by Siegrist, Johannes
- 980-981 Rejoinder
by Antonovsky, Aaron
- 983-988 Alternative or additional medicine? An exploratory study in general practice
by Murray, Joanna & Shepherd, Simon
- 989-994 Dry and tight: Sexual practices and potential AIDS risk in Zaire
by Brown, Judith E. & Ayowa, Okako Bibi & Brown, Richard C.
- 995-1003 Programmes de nutrition en milieu rural aux Philippines
by Orihuela-Egoavil, Emilio Fernando
- 1005-1010 The impact of a child death on marital adjustment
by Najman, Jake M. & Vance, John C. & Boyle, Fran & Embleton, Gary & Foster, Bill & Thearle, John
- 1011-1018 Social class gradients in years of potential life lost in Switzerland
by Beer, Valeria & Bisig, Brigitte & Gutzwiller, Felix
- 1019-1034 Health behavior: Issues, contradictions and dilemmas
by Alonzo, Angelo A.
- 1035-1043 Variation in hemodialysis patient compliance according to demographic characteristics
by Bame, Sherry I. & Petersen, Nancy & Wray, Nelda P.
- 1045-1054 The hoarding habit, countertransference, and consultation anthropology in a Peruvian psychiatric hospital
by Stein, William W.
- 1055-1068 Inequalities in women's and men's ill-health: Britain and Finland compared
by Arber, Sara & Lahelma, Eero
- 1069-1078 Determinants of lactation performance across time in an urban population from Mexico
by Perez-Escamilla, Rafael & Segura-Millán, Sofia & Pollitt, Ernesto & Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 1079-1085 Working with community organizations to evaluate potential disease clusters
by Graber, David R. & Aldrich, Tim E.
1993, Volume 37, Issue 7
- 841-850 State authority, medical dominance, and trends in the regulation of the health professions: The Ontario case
by Coburn, David
- 851-857 Explorations in consultation of the public and health professionals on priority setting in an inner London health district
by Bowling, Ann & Jacobson, Bobbie & Southgate, Lesley
- 859-872 African women's control over their sexuality in an era of AIDS : A study of the Yoruba of Nigeria
by Orubuloye, I. O. & Caldwell, John C. & Caldwell, Pat
- 873-878 Ante-natal screening: What constitutes 'benefit'?
by Mooney, Gavin & Lange, Mette
- 879-882 MMPI profiles of male and female migraine sufferers
by Kirkcaldy, B. D. & Kobylinska, E. & Furnham, A. F.