Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
1995, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 37-46 User fees, demand for children's health care and access across income groups: The Philippine case
by Ching, Panfila
- 47-68 Acronyms and effacement: Traditional medical practitioners (TMP) in international health development
by Pigg, Stacy Leigh
- 69-76 Factors affecting couples' adjustment to recurrent breast cancer
by Northouse, Laurel L. & Dorris, Geraldine & Charron-Moore, Carol
- 77-86 Cross cultural communication of tetanus vaccinations in Bolivia
by Bastien, Joseph W.
- 87-98 Reconsidering the popularity of primary health centers in India: A case study from rural Maharashtra
by Kamat, Vinay R.
- 99-112 Critique of reductionistic models of obsessive-compulsive disorder: Toward a new explanatory paradigm
by Franzblau, Susan H. & Kanadanian, Monique & Rettig, Elizabeth
- 113-121 Abstinence in late adolescence--Antecedents to and covariates of a sober lifestyle and its consequences
by Leifman, H. & Kühlhorn, E. & Allebeck, P. & Andréasson, S. & Romelsjö, A.
- 123-130 Dental anxiety in Danish and Chinese adults--A cross-cultural perspective
by Schwarz, Eli & Birn, Herluf
- 131-140 Casey House: Interpreting the location of a Toronto AIDS hospice
by Chiotti, Quentin P. & Joseph, Alun E.
- 141-144 Primary health care reform in Slovenia: First results
by vab, Igor
- 145-145 Transcultural psychiatry at the German Psychiatric Society: Report on a symposium held in Reichenau
by Lolas, Fernando
1995, Volume 40, Issue 12
- 1589-1590 Qualitative and quantitative methods: In-depth or rapid assessment?
by Bennett, F. J.
- 1591-1596 Introduction
by Palinkas, Lawrence A.
- 1597-1610 A painful purgatory: Grief and the nicaraguan mothers of the disappeared
by Tully, Sheila R.
- 1611-1621 Ethnomedical interactions: Health and identity on Nicaragua's Atlantic Coast
by Barrett, Bruce
- 1623-1629 Refugee stress and folk belief: Hmong sudden deaths
by Adler, Shelley R.
- 1631-1642 Vietnamese refugees in Victoria, B.C.: An overview of immigrant and refugee health care in a medium-sized Canadian urban centre
by Stephenson, Peter H.
- 1643-1653 Acculturation as a risk factor for chronic disease among Cambodian refugees in the United States
by Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Pickwell, Sheila M.
- 1655-1661 Medical practice and anthropological bias
by Bolton, Jonathan
- 1663-1669 Public health, epidemiology and war
by Weinberg, Julius & Simmonds, Stephanie
- 1671-1681 Euthanasia: American attitudes toward the physician's role
by Caddell, David P. & Newton, Rae R.
- 1683-1690 Agency and incentives in the NHS internal market
by Propper, Carol
- 1691-1697 Ethical issues in social science research with special reference to sexual behaviour research
by Ringheim, Karin
- 1699-1706 Multidisciplinary rehabilitation versus medical care: A meta-analysis
by Evans, Ron L. & Connis, Richard T. & Hendricks, Robert D. & Haselkorn, Jodie K.
- 1707-1715 Using administrative databases to evaluate the quality of medical care: A conceptual framework
by Wray, Nelda P. & Ashton, Carol M. & Kuykendall, David H. & Hollingsworth, John C.
- 1717-1730 Marital status and health among the elderly
by Goldman, Noreen & Korenman, Sanders & Weinstein, Rachel
- 1731-1739 Recovery of recurrent health service costs through provincial health funds in Cameroon
by Sauerborn, Rainer & Bodart, Claude & Owona Essomba, Rene
1995, Volume 40, Issue 11
- 1437-1440 Climate change and vector-borne diseases distribution
by De Casas, Susana Isabel Curto & Carcavallo, Rodolfo U.
- 1441-1441 Introduction
by Mwaria, Cheryl
- 1443-1445 Murphy's contributions to disability studies: An inquiry into ourselves
by Goldin, Carol S. & Scheer, Jessica
- 1447-1459 The process of self-report of impairment in clinical research
by Luborsky, Mark R.
- 1461-1467 Mother father deaf: The heritage of difference
by Preston, Paul
- 1469-1480 Hearing Impaired families: The social ecology of hearing loss
by Mckellin, William H.
- 1481-1489 'The Elephant Man' as 'self' and 'other': The psycho-social costs of a misdiagnosis
by Ablon, Joan
- 1491-1496 Emerging trends in the application of the social sciences to health and medicine
by Mechanic, David
- 1497-1511 Human behavior, health education and schistosomiasis control: A review
by Kloos, Helmut
- 1513-1526 Social support and stressful events in two dimensions: Life events and illness as an event
by Tijhuis, M. A. R. & Flap, H. D. & Foets, M. & Groenewegen, P. P.
- 1527-1537 Quality of services and demand for health care in Nigeria: A multinomial probit estimation
by Akin, John S. & Guilkey, David K. & Hazel?Denton, E.
- 1539-1547 Factors associated with pregnancy and pregnancy resolution in HIV seropositive women
by Kline, Anna & Strickler, Jennifer & Kempf, Judith
- 1549-1559 Genetic information and life insurance: A proposal for an ethical European policy
by Sandberg, Per
- 1561-1572 Race, religious involvement and depressive symptomatology in a southeastern U.S. community
by Ellison, Christopher G.
- 1573-1577 Parental perceptions and attitudes about informed consent in clinical research involving children
by Harth, S. C. & Thong, Y. H.
- 1579-1584 Life fulfilment in an epilepsy sample from the United States
by Collings, John A.
1995, Volume 40, Issue 10
- S1-S30 The effect of a national control of diarrheal diseases program on mortality: The case of Egypt
by Miller, Peter & Hirschhorn, Norbert
- 1319-1330 The social course of epilepsy: Chronic illness as social experience in interior China
by Kleinman, Arthur & Wang, Wen-Zhi & Li, Shi-Chuo & Cheng, Xue-Ming & Dai, Xiu-Ying & Li, Kun-Tun & Kleinman, Joan
- 1331-1355 Paradise lost: An introduction to the geography of water pollution in Puerto Rico
by Hunter, John M. & Arbona, Sonia I.
- 1357-1363 A longitudinal examination of the cherniss model of psychological burnout
by Burke, Ronald J. & Greenglass, Esther R.
- 1365-1370 Dealing with uncertainty: Will science solve the problems of resource allocation in the U.K. NHS?
by Freemantle, Nick
- 1371-1383 Child survival in big cities: The disadvantages of migrants
by Brockerhoff, Martin
- 1385-1398 The validity of using health state indexes in measuring the consequences of traffic injury for public health
by Elvik, Rune
- 1399-1406 The influence of socioeconomic status on change in health status after hospitalization
by Guadagnoli, Edward & Cleary, Paul D. & Mcneil, Barbara J.
- 1407-1415 The effects of caring on health: A community-based longitudinal study
by Taylor, Rex & Ford, Graeme & Dunbar, Martin
- 1417-1423 Menstrual cycle symptom reporting in three British ethnic groups
by Van Den Akker, O. B. A. & Eves, F. F. & Service, S. & Lennon, B.
- 1425-1432 Health, just world beliefs and coping style preferences in patients of complementary and orthodox medicine
by Furnham, Adrian & Beard, Rachael
- 1433-1434 The patient's charter: A survey of hospital out-patients views of their rights and ability to exercise them
by Tailor, H. & Mayberry, J. F.
1995, Volume 40, Issue 9
- 1167-1168 The plague in India, 1994
by Madan, T. N.
- 1169-1179 Improving human welfare through appropriate technology: Government responsibility, citizen duty or customer choice
by Bell, Morag & Franceys, Richard
- 1181-1192 Equity in health care: Methodological contributions to the analysis of hospital utilization within Canada
by Newbold, K. Bruce & Eyles, John & Birch, Stephen
- 1193-1202 Contracting for palliative care
by Clark, David & Neale, Brenda & Heather, Pauline
- 1203-1212 An economic evaluation of alternative programme designs for tuberculosis control in rural Uganda
by Saunderson, Paul R.
- 1213-1220 Telling donor insemination offspring about their conception: The nature of couples' decision-making
by Daniels, Ken R. & Lewis, Gillian M. & Gillett, Wayne
- 1221-1229 The measurement of social support in the 'European research on incapacitating diseases and social support': The development of the Social Support Questionnaire for Transactions (SSQT)
by Suurmeijer, Theo P. B. M. & Doeglas, Dirk M. & Briançon, Serge & Krijnen, Wim P. & Krol, Boudien & Sanderman, Robbert & Moum, Torbjørn & Bjelle, Anders & Van Den Heuvel, Wim J. A.
- 1231-1242 The effect of social change on causal beliefs of mental disorders and treatment preferences in Ghana
by Ofori-Atta, A. M. Lamensdorf & Linden, W.
- 1243-1257 Making the biopolitical subject: Cambodian immigrants, refugee medicine and cultural citizenship in California
by Ong, Aihwa
- 1259-1269 Sex differences in infant and child mortality in three provinces in China
by Ren, Xinhua Steve
- 1271-1277 Child malaria treatment practices among mothers in Kenya
by Mwenesi, Halima & Harpham, Trudy & Snow, Robert W.
- 1279-1289 Responding to cough: Boholano illness classification and resort to care in response to childhood ARI
by McNee, Andrew & Khan, Neelam & Dawson, Susan & Gunsalam, Joachim & Tallo, Veronica L. & Manderson, Lenore & Riley, Ian
- 1291-1298 Explanatory models of mental illness in sub-Saharan Africa
by Patel, Vikram
- 1299-1304 Reactions to repeated STD infections: Psychosocial aspects and gender issues in Zimbabwe
by Pitts, Marian & Bowman, Margaret & McMaster, John
- 1305-1311 Social inequalities and health among children aged 10-11 in The Netherlands: Causes and consequences
by van der Lucht, Fons & Groothoff, Johan
- 1315-1316 On the social sciences and preventive medicine
by Radovanovic, Zoran
1995, Volume 40, Issue 8
- 1017-1019 A plea for ignoring race and including insured status in American research reports on social science and medicine
by Bagley, Christopher
- 1021-1028 The measurement of meaning in illness
by Fife, Betsy L.
- 1029-1040 Women's orientation toward help-seeking for mental disorders
by Fosu, Gabriel B.
- 1041-1052 Plan de paiement anticipe des soins de sante de Bwamanda (Zaire) comment a-t-il ete mis en place?
by Ilunga, Tshinko B. & Contandriopoulos, Andre-Pierre & Fournier, Pierre
- 1053-1071 Empowerment and the psychiatric consumer/ex-patient movement in the United States: Contradictions, crisis and change
by McLean, Athena
- 1073-1082 Psychological responses to war and atrocity: The limitations of current concepts
by Bracken, Patrick J. & Giller, Joan E. & Summerfield, Derek
- 1083-1089 Psychological distress, social support and social support seeking: A prospective study among primary mental health care patients
by Eurelings-Bontekoe, Elisabeth H. M. & Diekstra, RenéF. W. & Verschuur, Margot
- 1091-1098 Decentralization of health services in Western Highlands Province, Papua New Guinea: An attempt to administer health service at the subdistrict level
by Campos-Outcalt, Doug & Kewa, Kelly & Thomason, Jane
- 1099-1108 Psychosocial adaptation to disability and its investigation among persons with multiple sclerosis
by Antonak, Richard F. & Livneh, Hanoch
- 1109-1116 Usefulness of a nondashexperimental study design in the evaluation of service developments for infant feeding in a general hospital
by Bruce, Nigel & Griffioen, Anja
- 1117-1125 Improving skills and utilization of Community Health Volunteers in Nepal
by Curtale, Filippo & Siwakoti, Bhola & Lagrosa, Cecilia & LaRaja, Massimo & Guerra, Ranieri
- 1127-1132 Attributions for disability: The influence of genetic screening
by Marteau, Theresa M. & Drake, Harriet
- 1133-1139 The Solomuna Orphanage: A historical survey
by Wolff, Peter H. & Dawit, Yemani & Zere, Berhane
- 1141-1153 Home remedies and doctors' remedies in Feira (Brazil)
by Ngokwey, Ndolamb
- 1155-1160 Predictive factors of enrollment and adherence in a breast cancer screening program in Barcelona (Spain)
by Rodriguez, Carmen & Plasencia, Antoni & Schroeder, Dirk G.
- 1165-1165 In search of a contemporary theory for understanding mortality change
by Bulterys, Marc
1995, Volume 40, Issue 7
- 869-872 Overcoming ethnocentrism: How social science and medicine relate and should relate to one another
by van der Geest, Sjaak
- 873-879 The effect of third-party payers on the clinical decision making of physical therapists
by Uili, Robin Moremen & Wood, Rosemary
- 881-894 Adolescent Psychiatry as a product of contemporary Anglo-American society
by Fabrega, Horacio & Miller, Barbara
- 895-901 An economic analysis of the resettlement of people with mild learning disabilities and challenging behaviour
by Dockrell, Julie E. & Gaskell, George D. & Normand, Charles & Rehman, Hamid
- 903-918 Doctor-patient communication: A review of the literature
by Ong, L. M. L. & de Haes, J. C. J. M. & Hoos, A. M. & Lammes, F. B.
- 919-930 A prepayment scheme for hospital care in the Masisi district in Zaire: A critical evaluation
by Noterman, Jean-Pierre & Criel, Bart & Kegels, Guy & Isu, Katulanya
- 931-943 Transforming AIDS prevention to meet women's needs: A focus on developing countries
by Heise, Lori L. & Elias, Christopher
- 945-953 'A bothersome death'--Narrative accounts of infant mortality in Cape Town, South Africa
by Lerer, Leonard B. & Butchart, Alexander & Blanche, Martin Terre
- 955-960 The psychosocial problems of sickle cell disease sufferers and their methods of coping
by Ohaeri, Jude U. & Shokunbi, Wuraola A. & Akinlade, Kehinde S. & Dare, Lola O.
- 961-975 Occupational life course and lung cancer risk in men. Findings from a socio-epidemiological analysis of job-changing histories in a case-control study
by Jahn, Ingeborg & Becker, Ute & Jöckel, Karl-Heinz & Pohlabeln, Hermann
- 977-988 Talking about the pain: A patient-centered study of low back pain in primary care
by Borkan, Jeffrey & Reis, Shmuel & Hermoni, Doron & Biderman, Aya
- 989-1001 Treatment of childhood diarrhea in rural Egypt
by Langsten, Ray & Hill, Kenneth
- 1003-1012 Under-users of antenatal care: A comparison of non-attenders and late attenders for antenatal care, with early attenders
by McCaw-Binns, Affette & La Grenade, Janet & Ashley, Deanna
- 1015-1015 Letter to the editor
by Morgan, Lynn M. & Browner, Carole
1995, Volume 40, Issue 6
- 727-730 Need: The idea won't do--But we still need it
by Culyer, A. J.
- 731-742 An organizational analysis of the World Health Organization: Narrowing the gap between promise and performance
by Peabody, John W.
- 743-753 Quality, cost and utilization of health services in developing countries. A longitudinal study in Zaïre
by Haddad, Slim & Fournier, Pierre
- 755-765 Health care reforms in Russia: The example of St Petersburg
by Curtis, Sarah & Petukhova, Natasha & Taket, Ann
- 767-776 Preferences for outcomes in economic evaluation: An economic approach to addressing economic problems
by Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen
- 777-787 Ethnicity, social class and health. A population-based study on the influence of social factors on self-reported illness in 223 Latin American refugees, 333 Finnish and 126 South European labour migrants and 841 Swedish controls
by Sundquist, Jan
- 789-797 The partner relationship in psychological response to breast cancer
by Pistrang, Nancy & Barker, Chris
- 799-810 The extent of support for ordinary living provided in staffed housing: The relationship between staffing levels, resident characteristics, staff:resident interactions and resident activity patterns
by Felce, David & Perry, Jonathan
- 811-814 Social support, marital status and living arrangement correlates of cardiovascular disease risk factors in the elderly
by Gliksman, M. D. & Lazarus, R. & Wilson, A. & Leeder, S. R.
- 815-824 The practice of Primary Health Care: A case study
by Walker, Liz
- 825-828 The interaction effect of bereavement and sex on the risk of suicide in the elderly: An historical cohort study
by Li, Guohua
- 829-835 Previous stress and acute psychological defence as predictors of perinatal grief--An exploratory study
by Hunfeld, J. A. M. & Wladimiroff, J. W. & Verhage, F. & Passchier, J.
- 837-846 Relationship of caregiver reactions and depression to cancer patients' symptoms, functional states and depression--A longitudinal view
by Kurtz, Margot E. & Kurtz, J. C. & Given, Charles W. & Given, Barbara
- 847-858 Neurodegenerative diseases and risk factors: A literature review
by Emard, Jean-François & Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Gauvreau, Denis
- 859-865 Reports of the experience of epilepsy in a rural South African village
by McQueen, Alison H. & Swartz, Leslie
1995, Volume 40, Issue 5
- 577-579 De-institutionalization of psychiatric patients: Progress or abandonment?
by Krupinski, J.
- 581-587 Euthanasia: The role of good care
by Seale, Clive & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 589-595 Dying at the best time
by Seale, Clive & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 597-611 Male and female health problems in general practice: The differential impact of social position and social roles
by Gijsbers van Wijk, Cecile M. T. & Kolk, Annemarie M. & van den Bosch, Wil J. H. M. & van den Hoogen, Henk J. M.
- 613-621 From headloading to the iron horse: The unequal health consequences of railway construction and expansion in the Gold Coast, 1898-1929
by Tsey, Komla & Short, Stephanie D.
- 623-628 Maternal factors and child's health care use
by Watson, Jennifer M. & Kemper, Kathi J.
- 629-638 Lifecourse and lifestyle: The social and cultural location of health behaviours
by Backett, Kathryn C. & Davison, Charlie
- 639-647 How do economic status and social support influence survival after initial recovery from acute myocardial infarction?
by Greenwood, Darren & Packham, Christopher & Muir, Kenneth & Madeley, Richard
- 649-656 Concepts of disability: The activity space model
by Kopec, Jacek A.
- 657-667 Situation analyses of emergency obstetric care: Examples from eleven operations research projects in West Africa
by The Prevention of Maternal Mortality Network
- 669-678 Does affordability affect mental health utilization? A United States-Israel comparison of older adults
by Feinson, Marjorie Chary & Popper, Miriam
- 679-693 Child fostering and children's nutritional outcomes in rural Mali: The role of female status in directing child transfers
by Castle, Sarah E.
- 695-710 Management and health care reform in sub-Saharan Africa
by Gilson, Lucy
- 711-718 Prediction of attitudes towards restrictive aids policies: A structural equation modelling approach
by Kraft, Pål & Rise, Jostein
- 719-721 Explaining regional differences in suicide rates
by Lester, David
1995, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 419-424 Incentives can lower the incidence of HIV/AIDS in Africa
by Good, Charles M.
- 425-429 Introduction
by Peeters, Ruud & Silva, Tudor & Lewis, Judy
- 431-436 Protective measure use and symptoms among agropesticide applicators in Sri Lanka
by Sivayoganathan, C. & Gnanachandran, S. & Lewis, J. & Fernando, M.
- 437-442 Health and social status of an elderly urban population in Sri Lanka
by Nugegoda, D. B. & Balasuriya, S.
- 443-449 First trimester feeding in a rural Sri Lankan population
by Wijekoon, Ananda S. B. & Thattil, Raphael O. & Schensul, Stephen L.
- 451-457 Heart specialists' art of care
by Specight, Joan D. & Blixt, Sonya L.
- 459-468 Researching public health: Behind the qualitative-quantitative methodological debate
by Baum, Frances
- 469-477 Heavy users of emergency services: Social construction of a policy problem
by Malone, Ruth E.
- 479-490 Quality of life of 125 adults surviving 6-18 years after bone marrow transplantation
by Bush, Nigel E. & Haberman, Mel & Donaldson, Gary & Sullivan, Keith M.
- 491-502 Why do women report 'sick building symptoms' more often than men?
by Stenberg, Berndt & Wall, Stig
- 503-515 The experience of an AIDS prevention program focused on South African traditional healers
by Green, Edward C. & Zokwe, Bongi & Dupree, John David
- 517-528 A problem solving intervention for caregivers of cancer patients
by Toseland, Ronald W. & Blanchard, Christina G. & McCallion, Philip
- 529-535 The strategy of risk approach in antenatal care: Evaluation of the referral compliance
by Dujardin, B. & Clarysse, G. & Criel, B. & De Brouwere, V. & Wangata, N.
- 537-543 Appearance-based information about coping with pain: Valid or biased?
by Hadjistavropoulos, Thomas & Hadjistavropoulos, Heather D. & Craig, Kenneth D.
- 545-555 Directiness and deference in pharmacy students' messages to physicians
by Lambert, Bruce L.
- 557-565 Role orientation and community pharmacists' participation in a project to improve patient care
by Pendergast, Jane F. & Kimberlin, Carole L. & Berardo, Donna H. & McKenzie, Lynda C.
- 567-571 Psychosocial and medical factors in pregnancy outcomes: A case study of Israeli women
by Hagoel, Lea & Van-Raalte, Riki & Kalekin-Fishman, Devorah & Shifroni, Galia & Epstein, Leon & Sorokin, Yoram
1995, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 281-284 The epidemiology of functional apartheid and human rights abuses
by Heggenhougen, H. K.
- 285-290 Medical anthropology and epidemiology: Divergences or convergences?
by Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 291-305 The risk epidemic in medical journals
by Skolbekken, John-Arne
- 307-320 Hidden geographies: The changing lifeworlds of women with multiple sclerosis
by Dyck, Isabel
- 321-329 Ecology and ethnomedicine: Exploring links between current environmental crisis and indigenous medical practices
by Anyinam, Charles
- 331-338 Health policy making: The Dutch experience
by de Leeuw, Evelyne & Polman, Loes
- 339-348 Lifestyle in primary health care discourse
by Johanson, Marita & Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Säljö, Roger & Svärdsudd, Kurt
- 349-358 The influence of supply-related characteristics on general practitioners' workload
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Hutten, Jack B. F.
- 359-370 Who says yes? Identifying selection biases in a psychosocial intervention study of multiple sclerosis
by Schwartz, Carolyn E. & Fox, Bernard H.
- 371-377 Deviation from the carrying capacity for physicians and growth rate of physician supply: The Taiwan case
by Chiang, Tung-liang
- 379-392 Causes of delay in seeking treatment for heart attack symptoms
by Dracup, Kathleen & Moser, Debra K. & Eisenberg, Mickey & Meischke, Hendrika & Alonzo, Angelo A. & Braslow, Allan
- 393-407 Access to ambulatory care for American Indians and Alaska Natives; the relative importance of personal and community resources
by Cunningham, Peter J. & Cornelius, Llewellyn J.
- 409-415 Psychosocial theory and the creation of the risky self
by Ogden, Jane
1995, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 141-146 Letters to Dr Frankenstein? Ethics and the new reproductive technologies
by ten Have, Henk
- 147-161 Social roles and physical health: The case of female disadvantage in poor countries
by Santow, Gigi
- 163-175 Family life and health in adolescence: A role for culture in the health inequalities debate
by Sweeting, Helen & West, Patrick
- 177-188 Variations in poverty and health between slum settlements: Contradictory findings from Visakhapatnam, India
by Asthana, Sheena
- 189-197 Sickness absence for psychiatric illness: The Whitehall II study
by Stansfeld, Stephen & Feeney, Amanda & Head, Jenny & Canner, Robert & North, Fiona & Marmot, Michael
- 199-212 Women's employment, marriage, motherhood and mortality: A test of the multiple role and role accumulation hypotheses
by Martikainen, Pekka
- 213-221 What do general practitioners and their patients want from general practice and are they receiving it? A framework
by Buetow, Stephen A.
- 223-230 The spring peak in suicides: A cross-national analysis
by Chew, Kenneth S. Y. & McCleary, Richard
- 231-243 Content and predictors of consultation experiences among finnish primary care patients
by Punamäki, Raija-Leena & Kokko, Simo J.
- 245-251 Influences on sick building syndrome symptoms in three buildings
by Bachmann, Max O. & Myers, Jonathan E.
- 253-263 Infant mortality and mother's education in Ondo State, Nigeria
by Adetunji, Jacob Ayo
- 265-274 Suntanning and sun protection: A review of the psychological literature
by Arthey, Stephen & Clarke, Valerie A.
- 279-280 Letter to the editor
by Tafesse, Eskinder
1995, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-3 Overview: Guilt, blame and shame in sickness
by Finerman, Ruthbeth & Bennett, Linda A.
- 5-13 'Parental incompetence' and 'selective neglect': Blaming the victim in child survival
by Finerman, Ruthbeth
- 15-25 Accountability for alcoholism in American families
by Bennett, Linda A.
- 27-36 Stigma: The hidden burden of infertility
by Whiteford, Linda M. & Gonzalez, Lois
- 37-46 Individual or societal responsibility? Explanations of diabetes in an Anishinaabe (Ojibway) community
by Garro, Linda C.
- 47-53 The political economy of responsibility in health and illness
by Donahue, John M. & McGuire, Meredith B.
- 55-65 Meeting the changing health needs of women in developing countries
by Paolisso, Michael & Leslie, Joanne
- 67-76 Medical students' first-person narratives of a patient's story of AIDS
by Marshall, Patricia A. & O'Keefe, J. Paul
- 77-90 Reversals of fortune? Sex differences in health in childhood and adolescence
by Sweeting, Helen
- 91-103 Psychosocial correlates of drug use among Puerto Rican youth: Generational status differences
by Velez, Carmen Noemi & Ungemack, Jane A.
- 105-115 Psychosocial stress, women and heart health: A critical review
by Elliott, Susan J.
- 117-124 Continuity and change in reproductive and abortion patterns of Soviet immigrants in Israel
by Sabatello, Eitan F.
- 125-130 Positive life orientation and recovery from myocardial infarction
by Agarwal, Manju & Dalal, A. K. & Agarwal, D. K. & Agarwal, R. K.
- 131-135 Factors affecting non-response to cervical cytology screening in Norfolk, England
by Bentham, Graham & Hinton, Jackie & Haynes, Robin & Lovett, Andrew & Bestwick, Chris
1994, Volume 39, Issue 12
- 1589-1590 Place, space and health
by Picheral, Henri E.
- 1591-1603 Firm behavior in the U.S. market for factor VIII: A need for policy?
by Nauenberg, Eric & Sullivan, Sean D.
- 1605-1613 Social status and the health of families: A model
by Dressler, William W.
- 1615-1622 Sense of coherence, coping and caregiver role overload
by Gallagher, Timothy J. & Wagenfeld, Morton O. & Baro, Franz & Haepers, Kristien
- 1623-1632 QALYs, HYEs and individual preferences-- A graphical illustration
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 1633-1639 Household headship and child nutrition: A case study in Western Kenya
by Onyango, Adelheid & Tucker, Katherine & Eisemon, Thomas
- 1641-1647 Self-medication among Hong Kong Chinese
by Lam, Cindy L. K. & Catarivas, Martine G. & Munro, Clarke & Lauder, Ian J.
- 1649-1656 Sexual behaviour in Kenya: Implications for sexually transmitted disease transmission and control
by Moses, Stephen & Muia, Esther & Bradley, Janet E. & Nagelkerke, Nico J. D. & Ngugi, Elizabeth N. & Njeru, Erastus K. & Eldridge, Gloria & Olenja, Joyce & Wotton, Kay & Plummer, Francis A. & Brunham, Robert C.
- 1657-1665 Changes in active life expectancy in Taiwan: Compression or expansion?
by Tu, Edward Jow-Ching & Chen, Kuanjeng
- 1667-1673 Psychotropic drugs: Long-term use, dependency and the gender factor
by Ettorre, Elizabeth & Klaukka, Timo & Riska, Elianne
- 1675-1679 Stress disorders of families of the disappeared: A controlled study in Honduras
by Quirk, Gregory J. & Casco, Leonel
1994, Volume 39, Issue 11
- 1497-1499 The role of the European union in promoting healthy ageing
by Jamieson, Anne