Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
1996, Volume 43, Issue 5
- 707-720 Gender perspectives and quality of care: Towards appropriate and adequate health care for women
by van Wijk, Cecile M. T. Gijsbers & van Vliet, Katja P. & Kolk, Annemarie M.
- 721-730 Gender perspectives and quality of care in underdeveloped countries: Disease, gender and contextuality
by Zaidi, S. Akbar
- 731-737 Policy issues in the private health sector: Examples from long-term care in the U.K
by Bartlett, Helen P. & Phillips, David R.
- 739-744 Pooling public and private funds in the patient's interest: The case for long-term care insurance
by Launois, Robert
- 745-758 Disease ecology at a crossroads: Man-made environments, human rights and perpetual development utopias
by Pedersen, Duncan
- 759-768 Public health care provisions: Access and equity
by Muhamad Hanafiah Bin Juni
- 769-774 Responses of mental health professionals to man-made trauma: The Israeli experience
by Solomon, Zahava
- 775-782 Responsibilities and rights in the promotion of health: Differing positions of the individual and the state
by Bell, Nora Kizer
- 783-789 Health care: A social contract in transition
by Hill, T. Patrick
- 791-797 Health care reform and the labor market
by Durán-Arenas, Luis & López-Cervantes, Malaquías
- 799-808 The changing roles of health care personnel in health and health care management
by Hunter, David J.
- 809-822 The impact of globalization on the determination and management of ethical choices in the health arena
by Kalekin-Fishman, Devorah
- 823-835 Economic reform and health sector policy: Lessons from structural adjustment programs
by Peabody, John W.
- 837-848 Dava, Daktar, and Dua: Anthropology of practiced medicine in India
by Khare, R. S.
- 849-864 How religion influences morbidity and health: Reflections on natural history, salutogenesis and host resistance
by Levin, Jeffrey S.
- 865-872 Translating research findings into health policy
by Davis, Peter & Howden-Chapman, Philippa
- 873-886 Urban violence and health--South Africa 1995
by Gilbert, Leah
- 887-888 Urban violence: Health consequences and costs
by Oloruntimehin, O.
- 889-900 Small wars and invisible genocides
by Scheper-Hughes, Nancy
1996, Volume 43, Issue 4
- 429-439 Symptoms and perceived severity of illness as predictive of treatment for diarrhea in six Asian and African sites
by Yoder, P. Stanley & Hornik, Robert C.
- 441-451 Growth status of homeless Nepali boys: Do they differ from rural and urban controls?
by Panter-brick, C. & Todd, A. & Baker, R.
- 453-458 Height and weight as a reflection of the nutritional situation of school-aged children working and living in the streets of Jakarta
by Gross, Rainer & Landfried, Britta & Herman, Susilowati
- 459-471 Education and the use of maternal health care in Thailand
by Raghupathy, Shobana
- 473-477 Tobacco control in a traditional Fijian village: Indigenous methods of smoking cessation and relapse prevention
by Groth-Marnat, Gary & Leslie, Simon & Renneker, Mark
- 479-488 The influence of male care givers on child health in rural Haiti
by Devin, Robin B. & Erickson, Pamela I.
- 489-502 A study of the geographical distribution of suicide rates in England and Wales 1989-1992 using empirical Bayes estimates
by Saunderson, Thomas R. & Langford, Ian H.
- 503-515 Sedentism and child health among rendille pastoralists of Northern Kenya
by Nathan, Martha A. & Fratkin, Elliot M. & Roth, Eric Abella
- 517-524 Stress, satisfaction and militancy among Canadian physicians: A longitudinal investigation
by Burke, Ronald J.
- 525-535 Staff security and work pressure: Contrasting patterns of stability and change across five dialysis units
by Alleyne, Sylvan & Reiss, David & Leonard, Kimberly Jeffries & Turner-Musa, Jocelyn & Wagner, Barry & Simmens, Sam & Holder, Barbara & Kimmel, Paul L. & Kobrin, Sidney & Cruz, Illuminado
- 537-542 Occupational handicap-free life expectancy in Bulgaria 1976-1992 based on the data of the Medical Expert Commissions
by Mutafova, Margareta & Van de Water, Harry P. A. & Perenboom, Rom J. M. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C. & Maleshkov, Christo
- 543-553 The social organization of nutritional inequities
by Travers, Kim D.
- 555-563 Meanings of community
by Jewkes, Rachel & Murcott, Anne
1996, Volume 43, Issue 3
- 281-290 Seasonal variations of household costs of illness in Burkina Faso
by Sauerborn, R. & Nougtara, A. & Hien, M. & Diesfeld, H. J.
- 291-301 Household strategies to cope with the economic costs of illness
by Sauerborn, R. & Adams, A. & Hien, M.
- 303-314 Child protection or professional self-preservation by the baby nurses? Public health nurses and child protection in Ireland
by Butler, Shane
- 315-324 The simultaneous analysis of patient, physician and group practice influences on annual mammography performance
by Brown, Roger L. & Baumann, Linda J. & Helberg, Clay P. & Han, Youngshook & Fontana, Susan A. & Love, Richard R.
- 325-337 Transitions in cognitive status among the aged in Japan
by Liang, Jersey & Borawski-Clark, Elaine & Liu, Xian & Sugisawa, H.
- 339-352 AIDS, violence and behavioral coding: Information theory, risk behavior and dynamic process on core-group sociogeographic networks
by Wallace, Rodrick & Fullilove, Mindy Thompson & Flisher, Alan J.
- 353-366 Modelling space-time HIV/AIDS dynamics: Applications to disease control
by Thomas, Richard
- 367-377 Health lifestyle behaviour and socio-demographic characteristics. A study of Varna, Glasgow and Edinburgh
by Uitenbroek, Daan G. & Kerekovska, Albena & Festchieva, Nevijana
- 379-387 Mothers' lay models of the causes and treatment of fever
by Leiser, David & Doitsch, Eli & Meyer, Joachim
- 389-400 Addressing life style in primary health care
by Johanson, Marita & Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Säljö, Roger & Svärdsudd, Kurt
- 401-408 Promoting the organ donor card: A causal model of persuasion effects
by Skumanich, Stephanie A. & Kintsfather, David P.
- 409-419 The spiritual dimension of hospice: The secularization of an ideal
by Bradshaw, Ann
- 421-423 A reexamination of "sociological and economic theories of suicide: A comparison of the U.S.A. and Taiwan"
by Chuang, Hwei-Lin & Huang, Wei-Chiao
1996, Volume 43, Issue 2
- 133-148 Community participation in HIV prevention: Problems and prospects for community-based strategies among female sex workers in Madras
by Asthana, Sheena & Oostvogels, Robert
- 149-161 Consumer perceptions of health care quality and the utilization of non-conventional therapy
by Dunfield, J. Fraser
- 163-171 Couples' adjustment to one partner's disability: The relationship between sense of coherence and adjustment
by Rena, Feigin & Moshe, Sherer & Abraham, Ohry
- 173-186 The influence of budget-holding on cost containment and work procedures in primary care clinics
by Gross, Revital & Nirel, Nurit & Boussidan, Shlomo & Zmora, Irit & Elhayany, Asher & Regev, Sigal
- 187-197 Low birthweight in a public prenatal care program: Behavioral and psychosocial risk factors and psychosocial intervention
by Zimmer-Gembeck, Melanie J. & Helfand, Mark
- 199-207 Traditional birth attendants in Mexico: Advantages and inadequacies of care for normal deliveries
by Camey, Xochitl Castañeda & Barrios, Cecilia García & Guerrero, Xóchitl Romero & Nuñez-Urquiza, Rosa María & Hernández, Dolores Gonzalez & Glass, Ana Langer
- 209-219 Maternal and non-maternal time-allocation to infant care, and care during infant illness in rural Java, Indonesia
by Gryboski, Kristina L.
- 221-234 Measuring public hospital costs: Empirical evidence from the Dominican Republic
by Lewis, Maureen A. & La Forgia, Gerald M. & Sulvetta, Margaret B.
- 235-242 Filariasis in northern Ghana: Some cultural beliefs and practices and their implications for disease control
by Gyapong, Margaret & Gyapong, John O. & Adjei, Sam & Vlassoff, Carol & Weiss, Mitchell
- 243-254 Smoking prevalence among women in the European Community 1950-1990
by Graham, Hilary
- 255-263 Female circumcision in southern Chad: Origins, meaning, and current practice
by Leonard, Lori
- 265-271 Creating a psychosocial measurement model from stressful life events
by Sheehan, T. Joseph
1996, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-11 Processing the tort deterrent signal: A qualitative study
by Hupert, Nathaniel & Lawthers, Ann G. & Brennan, Troyen A. & Peterson, Lynn M.
- 13-21 The healing significance of the Negev's Bedouin Dervish
by Al-Krenawi, Alean & Graham, John R. & Maoz, Benjamin
- 23-28 Attitudes and beliefs within the Sikh community regarding organ donation: A pilot study
by Exley, Catherine & Sim, Julius & Reid, Norma & Jackson, Simon & West, Nick
- 29-40 Lay theories of heroin addiction
by Furnham, Adrian & Thomson, Louise
- 41-49 Predictors of sense of competence in caregivers of demented persons
by Vernooij-Dassen, Myrra J. F. J. & Persoon, Jean M. G. & Felling, Albert J. A.
- 51-61 Life changes, locus of control and metabolic syndrome precursors in adolescents and young adults: A three-year follow-up
by Ravaja, Niklas & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa & Viikari, Jorma
- 63-70 Olfactory remediation: Current evidence and possible applications
by Martin, G. Neil
- 71-82 Integrated local health systems in Central America
by Barrett, Bruce
- 83-91 Race/ethnicity, the social environment, and health
by Lillie-Blanton, Marsha & Laveist, Thomas
- 93-99 Epidemiology and health policy--A world of difference? : A case-study of a cholera outbreak in Kaputa district, Zambia
by Van Bergen, J. E. A. M.
- 101-112 Geographical perspectives on bednet use and malaria transmission in the Gambia, West Africa
by Thomson, Madeleine & Connor, Stephen & Bennett, Steve & D'Alessandro, Umberto & Milligan, Paul & Aikins, Moses & Langerock, Patricia & Jawara, Musa & Greenwood, Brian
- 113-123 Marriage protection and marriage selection--Prospective evidence for reciprocal effects of marital status and health
by Waldron, Ingrid & Hughes, Mary Elizabeth & Brooks, Tracy L.
- 125-127 On the goals of medicine: A Chilean perspective
by Fernando, Lolas
1996, Volume 42, Issue 12
- 1609-1620 The 'limits' of medicalization?: Modern medicine and the lay populace in 'late' modernity
by Williams, Simon J. & Calnan, Michael
- 1621-1637 Gender, geography and socio-economic status in the diffusion of malignant melanoma risk
by Aase, Asbjørn & Bentham, Graham
- 1639-1650 Prospects, problems, and prerequisites for national health examination surveys in developing countries
by Fisher, Gail & Pappas, Gregory & Limb, Magdalena
- 1651-1659 Estimating the influence of health as a risk factor on unemployment: A survival analysis of employment durations for workers surveyed in the German Socio-Economic Panel (1984-1990)
by Arrow, J. O.
- 1661-1668 The costs and effectiveness of three vitamin A interventions in Guatemala
by Phillips, Margaret & Sanghvi, Tina & Suárez, Ruben & McKigney, John & Fiedler, John
- 1669-1680 Sounds of comfort in the trauma center: How nurses talk to patients in pain
by Proctor, Adele & Morse, Janice M. & Khonsari, Elizabeth Shirin
- 1681-1690 Chameleon voices: Interpreting for deaf parents
by Preston, Paul
- 1691-1701 Living with the mentally ill: Effects on the health and functioning of other household members
by Gallagher, Sally K. & Mechanic, David
- 1703-1719 Origins of the Children's Vaccine Initiative: The intellectual foundations
by Muraskin, William
- 1721-1734 Origins of the Children's Vaccine Initiative: The political foundations
by Muraskin, William
- 1735-1743 Hepatitis B epidemiology and cultural practices in Amerindian populations of Amazonia: The Tupí-Mondé and the Xavánte from Brazil
by Coimbra, Carlos E. A. & Santos, Ricardo V. & Yoshida, Clara F. Y. & Baptista, Márcia L. & Flowers, Nancy M. & Carlos, Antônio & Do Valle, F.
- ix-xii Genetics, reproductive technologies, euthanasia and the search for a new societal paradigm
by Somerville, Margaret A.
1996, Volume 42, Issue 11
- 1457-1464 The prevalence of pain in a disabled population
by Astin, Maureen & Lawton, Dot & Hirst, Michael
- 1465-1471 Post-traumatic responses to aerial bombing
by Somasundaram, Daya J.
- 1473-1481 Use of analgesics in Sweden--The importance of sociodemographic factors, physical fitness, health and health-related factors, and working conditions
by Antonov, Karolina & Isacson, Dag
- 1483-1491 Patient satisfaction and the elderly
by Owens, David J. & Batchelor, Claire
- 1493-1500 Community participation in health care: The Turkish case
by Tatar, Mehtap
- 1501-1510 Health care reforms in Bulgaria: An initial appraisal
by Borissov, Vesselin & Rathwell, Tom
- 1511-1519 Doctor-patient interactions in oncology
by Ford, Sarah & Fallowfield, Lesley & Lewis, Shôn
- 1521-1536 Donor insemination: The gifting and selling of semen
by Daniels, Ken R. & Lewis, Gillian M.
- 1537-1544 Social adjustment and spouse relationships among women with stress incontinence before and after surgical treatment
by Berglund, Anna-Lena & Eisemann, Martin & Lalos, Ann & Lalos, Othon
- 1545-1553 The at-risk health status and technology: A diagnostic invitation and the 'gift' of knowing
by Kenen, Regina H.
- 1555-1559 Aerobic exercise, subjective health and psychological well-being within age and gender subgroups
by Ransford, H. Edward & Palisi, Bartolomeo J.
- 1561-1567 The measurement of beliefs about physical symptoms in English general practice patients
by Salmon, Peter & Woloshynowych, Maria & Valor, Roland
- 1569-1575 Ethics and the police surgeon: Compromise or conflict?
by Kelly, Kathleen & Moon, Graham & Savage, Stephen P. & Bradshaw, Yvonne
- 1577-1588 Can licensed drug sellers contribute to safe motherhood? A survey of the treatment of pregnancy-related anaemia in Nepal
by Kafle, Kumud K. & Madden, Jeanne M. & Shrestha, Ananda D. & Karkee, Shiba B. & Das, Prabhakar L. & Pradhan, Yogendra M. S. & Quick, Jonathan D.
- 1589-1597 The Latin American trial of psychosocial support during pregnancy: Effects on mother's wellbeing and satisfaction
by Langer, Ana & Farnot, Ubaldo & Garcia, Cecilia & Barros, Fernando & Victora, Cesar & Belizan, Jose M. & Villar, Jose
- 1599-1604 Immunization coverage and child mortality in two rural districts of Sierra Leone
by Amin, Ruhul
1996, Volume 42, Issue 10
- 1345-1349 Introduction
by Puentes-Markides, Cristina
- 1351-1365 Psychosocial factors of coronary heart disease in women: A review
by Brezinka, Veronika & Kittel, France
- 1367-1379 Women, health and the environment
by Kettel, Bonnie
- 1381-1390 Maternal mortality and the problem of accessibility to obstetric care; the strategy of maternity waiting homes
by Figa'-Talamanca, Irene
- 1391-1400 Chinese village women as visual anthropologists: A participatory approach to reaching policymakers
by Wang, Caroline & Burris, Mary Ann & Ping, Xiang Yue
- 1401-1410 Lymphatic filariasis and the women of India
by Bandyopadhyay, Lalita
- 1411-1417 Working women's sexual risk taking in Jamaica
by Le Franc, Elsie & Wyatt, Gail Elizabeth & Chambers, Claudia & Eldemire, Denise & Bain, Brendan & Ricketts, Heather
- 1419-1425 Medical professional dominance and client dissatisfaction : A study of doctor-patient interaction and reported dissatisfaction with medical care among female patients at four hospitals in Trinidad and Tobago
by Phillips, Daphne
- 1427-1432 The provision of female sterilization in São Paulo, Brazil: A study among low income women
by Vieira, Elisabeth Meloni & Ford, Nicholas J.
- 1433-1446 Gender aspects and women's participation in the control and management of malaria in central Sudan
by A/Rahman, Samira Hamid & Mohamedani, Ahmed A. & Mirgani, Einas Mubarak & Ibrahim, Adil Mahgoub
- 1447-1456 The menopause: Women's psychology and health care
by Defey, Denise & Storch, Eduardo & Cardozo, Silvia & Díaz, Olga & Fernández, Graciela
1996, Volume 42, Issue 9
- 1203-1216 Women's health: Dimensions and differentials
by Macran, Susan & Clarke, Lynda & Joshi, Heather
- 1217-1226 Psychosocial work environment in human service organizations: A conceptual analysis and development of the demand-control model
by Söderfeldt, Björn & Söderfeldt, Marie & Muntaner, Carles & O'Campo, Patricia & Warg, Lars-Erik & Ohlson, Carl-Göran
- 1227-1233 The diet-heart disease hypothesis: A response to Atrens
by Rieger, Elizabeth
- 1235-1246 Dynamics of participation in a community health project
by Kelly, K. J. & van Vlaenderen, H.
- 1247-1258 Doctors and the health industry: A case study of transcutaneous oxygen monitoring in neonatal intensive care
by Miké, Valerie & Krauss, Alfred N. & Ross, Gail S.
- 1259-1272 A cost-benefit analysis of voluntary routine HIV-antibody testing for hospital patients
by La Croix, Sumner J. & Russo, Gerard
- 1273-1281 A regional comparison of socioeconomic and health indices in a Canadian province
by Frohlich, Norman & Mustard, Cam
- 1283-1296 Social vs biological: Theories on the transmission of AIDS in Africa
by Hunt, Charles W.
- 1297-1311 The risky and protective motorcycling opinions and behaviours of young on-road motorcyclists in New Zealand
by Reeder, A. I. & Chalmers, D. J. & Langley, J. D.
- 1313-1323 Predictors of non-urgent utilization of hospital emergency services in Kuwait
by Shah, Nasra M. & Shah, Makhdoom A. & Jaafar, Behbehani
- 1325-1333 Notes on the socio-economic and cultural factors influencing the transmission of HIV in Botswana
by Macdonald, David S.
- 1343-1343 Letter to the editor
by Arai, Yumiko
- 1344-1344 Letter to the editor
by Lock, Margaret
1996, Volume 42, Issue 8
- 1117-1120 Inappropriate distribution of medicines by professionals in developing countries
by Trostle, James
- 1121-1128 Antibiotic use in a periurban community in Mexico: A household and drugstore survey
by Calva, Juan
- 1129-1131 Availability of over-the-counter drugs for arthritis in Sao Paulo, Brazil
by Ferraz, Marcos Bosi & Pereira, Ronaldo Borges & Paiva, Jose Gerardo A & Atra, Edgard & Santos, Jose Quirino Dos
- 1133-1139 Drug prescribing practices of general practitioners and paediatricians for childhood diarrhoea in Karachi, Pakistan
by Nizami, S. Q. & Khan, I. A. & Bhutta, Z. A.
- 1141-1153 Factors influencing physicians' prescribing behaviour in the treatment of childhood diarrhoea: Knowledge may not be the clue
by Paredes, Patricia & de la Peña, Manuela & Flores-Guerra, Enrique & Diaz, Judith & Trostle, James
- 1155-1161 Retail pharmacies in developing countries: A behavior and intervention framework
by Goel, P. & Ross-Degnan, D. & Berman, P. & Soumerai, S.
- 1163-1168 Small group intervention vs formal seminar for improving appropriate drug use
by Santoso, Budiono
- 1169-1176 Effect of training on the clinical management of malaria by medical assistants in Ghana
by Ofori-Adjei, David & Arhinful, Daniel K.
- 1177-1183 Interactional group discussion: Results of a controlled trial using a behavioral intervention to reduce the use of injections in public health facilities
by Hadiyono, Johana E. Prawitasari & Suryawati, Sri & Danu, Sulanto S. & Sunartono & Santoso, Budiono
- 1185-1194 Improving physician prescribing patterns to treat rhinopharyngitis. Intervention strategies in two health systems of Mexico
by Pérez-Cuevas, Ricardo & Guiscafré, Hector & Muñoz, Onofre & Reyes, Hortensia & Tomé, Patricia & Libreros, Vita & Gutiérrez, Gonzalo
- 1195-1202 Assessing the impact of a regulatory intervention in Pakistan
by Bhutta, Tariq Iqbal & Balchin, Cassandra
1996, Volume 42, Issue 7
- 965-974 The dynamics of professional commitment: Immigrant physicians from the former Soviet Union in Israel
by Shuval, Judith T. & Bernstein, Judith
- 975-983 Practice of in-vitro fertilization: A case study from Finland
by Silverio, Maili Malin & Hemminki, Elina
- 985-996 The creation of protection and hope in patients with malignant brain tumours
by Salander, Pär & Bergenheim, Tommy & Henriksson, Roger
- 997-1010 Forecasting the AIDS epidemic in Puerto Rico
by Löytönen, Markku & Arbona, Sonia I.
- 1011-1019 Regulatory actions to enhance appropriate drug use: The case of antidiarrhoeal drugs
by Haak, Hilbrand & Claeson, Mariam E.
- 1021-1025 Rationing health care: Views from general practice
by Ayres, Philip J.
- 1027-1037 An economic analysis of Chinese fertility behavior
by Liu, Gordon G. & Yamada, Tetsuji & Yamada, Ta-i
- 1039-1047 Exposure to missile attacks: The impact of the Persian Gulf War on physical health, health behaviours and psychological distress in high and low risk areas in Israel
by Soskolne, Varda & Baras, Mario & Palti, Hava & Epstein, Leon
- 1049-1055 Distributing scarce livers: The moral reasoning of the general public
by Ubel, Peter A. & Loewenstein, George
- 1057-1067 Local terminology for febrile illnesses in Bagamoyo District, Tanzania and its impact on the design of a community-based malaria control programme
by Winch, P. J. & Makemba, A. M. & Kamazima, S. R. & Lurie, M. & Lwihula, G. K. & Premji, Z. & Minjas, J. N. & Shiff, C. J.
- 1069-1075 The impact on employment of an intervention to increase recognition of previously untreated anxiety among primary care physicians
by Yelin, Edward & Mathias, Susan D. & Buesching, Don P. & Rowland, Clayton & Calucin, Ruth Q. & Fifer, Sheila
- 1077-1084 Coping with additional stresses: Comparative study of healthy and cancer patient new immigrants
by Baider, Lea & Kaufman, Bella & Ever-Hadani, Penina & De-Nour, Atara Kaplan
- 1085-1093 Age and health status in a patient satisfaction survey
by Cohen, G.
- 1095-1108 A triple burden for health sector reform: 'Post'-conflict rehabilitation in Uganda
by Macrae, Joanna & Zwi, Anthony B. & Gilson, Lucy
- 1113-1115 Letter to the editor
by Uzych, Leo
1996, Volume 42, Issue 6
- 787-787 Foreword
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 789-790 Introduction
by Hayes, Michael V.
- 791-800 Daniel Drake's medical geography
by Barrett, Frank A.
- 801-816 Defining localities for health planning: A GIS approach
by Bullen, Nina & Moon, Graham & Jones, Kelvyn
- 817-830 Health-related behaviour in context: A multilevel modelling approach
by Duncan, Craig & Jones, Kelvyn & Moon, Graham
- 831-841 Establishing links between air quality and health: Searching for the impossible?
by Dunn, Christine & Kingham, Simon
- 843-855 Interactive spatial data analysis in medical geography
by Gatrell, A. C. & Bailey, T. C.
- 857-869 Analyzing perceived limiting long-term illness using U.K. census microdata
by Gould, Myles I. & Jones, Kelvyn
- 871-878 Alzheimer's disease: Preliminary study of spatial distribution at birth place
by Jean, H. & Emard, J. -F. & Thouez, J. -P. & Houde, L. & Robitaille, Y. & Mathieu, J. & Boily, C. & Daoud, N. & Beaudry, M. & Cholette, A. & Bouchard, R. & Veilleux, F. & Gauvreau, D.
- 879-885 The application of K-function analysis to the geographical distribution of road traffic accident outcomes in Norfolk, England
by Jones, Andrew P. & Langford, Ian H. & Bentham, Graham
- 887-896 Restructuring long-term care and the geography of ageing: A view from rural New Zealand
by Joseph, Alun E. & Chalmers, A. I. (Lex)
- 897-908 Regional variations in mortality rates in England and Wales: An analysis using multi-level modelling
by Langford, Ian H. & Bentham, Graham
- 909-922 The selection of needs indicators for regional resource allocation in the fields of health and social services in Québec
by Pampalon, Robert & Saucier, Alain & Berthiaume, Nicole & Ferland, Pierre & Couture, Régis & Caris, Patricia & Fortin, Lynda & Lacroix, Diane & Kirouac, René
- 923-935 Explaining urban-rural variations in health: A review of interactions between individual and environment
by Verheij, Robert A.
- 937-948 The development of Ontario's Home Care Program: A critical geographical analysis
by Williams, Allison M.
- 949-963 The household context for women's health care decisions: Impacts of U.K. policy changes
by Young, Ruth
1996, Volume 42, Issue 5
- 639-641 Traditional reaction to modern stress
by Lee, Rance P. L.
- 643-649 Quality of care: A comparison of preferences between medical specialists and patients with chronic diseases
by van der Waal, Marieke A. E. & Casparie, Anton F. & Lako, Christiaan J.
- 651-659 The significance of children's age in estimating the effect of maternal time use on children's well-being
by Ricci, Judith A. & Jerome, Norge W. & Sirageldin, Ismail & Aly, Hekmat & Moussa, Wafaa & Galal, Osman & Harrison, Gail G. & Kirksey, Avanelle
- 661-670 Regulatory effects of health examination programs on medical expenditures for the elderly in Japan
by Matsuda, Shinya
- 671-679 Which resources pay for treatment? A model for estimating the informal economy of health
by Wallman, Sandra & Baker, Maia
- 681-689 Self-rated health and mortality in a Lithuanian and a Dutch population
by Appels, A. & Bosma, H. & Grabauskas, V. & Gostautas, A. & Sturmans, F.
- 691-703 Syringe-mediated drug sharing among injecting drug users: Patterns, social context and implications for transmission of blood-borne pathogens
by Grund, Jean-Paul C. & Friedman, Samuel R. & Stern, L. Synn & Jose, Benny & Neaigus, Alan & Curtis, Richard & Des Jarlais, Don C.
- 705-712 Variation in diagnoses: Influence of specialists' training on selecting and ranking relevant information in geriatric case vignettes
by Kalf, Annette J. H. & Spruijt-Metz, Donna
- 713-719 Health and a residential care population
by Segal, Steven P. & Vandervoort, Debra J. & Liese, Lawrence H.
- 721-731 Determinants of informal caregivers' satisfaction with services for dying cancer patients
by Fakhoury, Walid & McCarthy, Mark & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 733-743 A review of research on the nature and quality of HIV testing services: A proposal for process-based studies
by Beardsell, Susan & Coyle, Adrian
- 785-785 Letter to the editor
by Barzelatto, Jose
1996, Volume 42, Issue 4
- 479-482 Abortion from a crosscultural perspective: An introduction
by Rylko-Bauer, Barbara
- 483-494 The pregnancy that doesn't stay: The practice and perception of abortion by Ekiti Yoruba women
by Renne, Elisha P.
- 495-508 Abortion traditions in rural Jamaica
by Sobo, E. J.
- 509-519 Abortion policy and practice in Greece
by Georges, Eugenia
- 521-530 Women's perspectives on abortion in Romania
by Johnson, Brooke R. & Horga, Mihai & Andronache, Laurentia
- 531-542 Abortion in Turkey: A matter of state, family or individual decision
by Gürsoy, Akile
- 543-560 Abortion law and practice in China: An overview with comparisons to the United States
by Rigdon, Susan M.
- 561-563 Back pain and epidemiology review: The epidemiology and cost of back pain : Clinical Standards Advisory Group (Committee Chaired by Michael Rosen). Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1994. (Respectively 89pp. and 72pp. paperback, Â£14.00: ISBN 0-11-321887-7 and ISBN 0-11-321889-3)
by Troup, J. D. G.
- 565-578 Alcohol use among American Indian adolescents: The role of culture in pathological drinking
by O'Nell, Theresa D. & Mitchell, Christina M.
- 579-588 Demarcation and transformation within homoeopathic knowledge. A strategy of professionalization
by Cant, Sarah & Sharma, Ursula
- 589-597 Black/white differences in the relationship of maternal age to birthweight: A population-based test of the weathering hypothesis
by Geronimus, Arline T.
- 599-608 Psychological distress among caregivers to heart transplant recipients
by Canning, Robert D. & Dew, Mary Amanda & Davidson, Suzanne
- 609-615 Inconsistency and health state valuations
by Dolan, Paul & Kind, Paul
- 617-624 Gender differences in health: Are things really as simple as they seem?
by Macintyre, Sally & Hunt, Kate & Sweeting, Helen
- 625-627 Letter to the editor
by Gürsoy, Akile
1996, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 301-303 Human rights and health within the dominant paradigm
by Stambolovic, Vuk
- 305-311 A note on the relationship between ex ante and expected willingness to pay for health care
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 313-324 Limitations of quantitative research in the study of structural adjustment
by Lundy, Patricia
- 325-338 Cultural response to mental illness in Senegal: Reflections through patient companions--Part I. Methods and descriptive data
by Franklin, Robert R. & Sarr, Doudou & Gueye, Momar & Sylla, Omar & Collignon, René
- 339-352 Cultural response to mental illness in Senegal: Reflections through patient companions--Part II. Statistical correlates
by Franklin, Robert R. & Sarr, Doudou & Gueye, Momar & Sylla, Omar & Collignon, René & Mock, Nancy
- 353-361 'Healing fictions': Stories of choosing in the aftermath of the detection of fetal anomalies
by Sandelowski, Margarete & Jones, Linda Corson
- 363-377 A cross-national study of quality of life factors associated with patterns of elderly disablement
by Lamb, Vicki L.
- 379-388 The use of drug information sources by physicians: Development of a data-generating methodology
by Boerkamp, E. J. C. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, F. M. & Reuyl, J. C. & Versluis, A.
- 389-398 Medication decision-making and management: A client-centered model
by Chewning, Betty & Sleath, Betsy