Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
1997, Volume 44, Issue 7
- 969-976 The accuracy of self-reported Pap smear utilisation
by Bowman, Jennifer Ann & Sanson-Fisher, Rob & Redman, Sally
- 977-987 Clinical guidelines and the fate of medical autonomy in Ontario
by Rappolt, Susan G.
- 989-1002 What explains rural-urban differentials in child mortality in Brazil?
by Sastry, Narayan
- 1003-1016 The role of access in explaining state abortion rates
by Gober, Patricia
- 1017-1022 Doctors' perceptions of the links between stress and lowered clinical care
by Firth-Cozens, Jenny & Greenhalgh, Joanne
- 1023-1042 Effects of socioeconomic disadvantage and women's status on women's health in Cameroon
by Defo, Barthélémy Kuate
- 1043-1049 Cardiac disease construction on the borderland
by Daly, Jeanne & Mcdonald, Ian
- 1051-1063 Integration lay and nurse-midwifery into the U.S. and Canadian health care systems
by Bourgeault, Ivy Lynn & Fynes, Mary
- 1065-1068 Potential use of traditional fermented foods for weaning in Zimbabwe
by Simango, Clifford
- 1069-1071 Integrating behavioral and social sciences research at the National Institutes of Health, U.S.A
by Anderson, Norman B.
- 1073-1076 Sectoral investment in health: Prescription or principles?
by Cassels, Andrew & Janovsky, Katja
1997, Volume 44, Issue 6
- 721-722 Introduction
by Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi
- 723-745 The black report and beyond what are the issues?
by Macintyre, Sally
- 747-756 Whose fault is it? People's own conceptions of the reasons for health inequalities
by Blaxter, Mildred
- 757-771 Measuring the magnitude of socio-economic inequalities in health: An overview of available measures illustrated with two examples from Europe
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Kunst, Anton E.
- 773-787 Comparing inequalities in women's and men's health: Britain in the 1990s
by Arber, Sara
- 789-799 Changes in the social patterning of health? The case of Finland 1986-1994
by Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi & Huuhka, Minna
- 801-808 Health expectancy by level of education in Finland
by Valkonen, Tapani & Sihvonen, Ari-Pekka & Lahelma, Eero
- 809-819 Why do poor people behave poorly? Variation in adult health behaviours and psychosocial characteristics by stages of the socioeconomic lifecourse
by Lynch, J. W. & Kaplan, G. A. & Salonen, J. T.
- 821-831 Childhood conditions, sense of coherence, social class and adult ill health: Exploring their theoretical and empirical relations
by Lundberg, Olle
- 833-858 Health inequalities in the early years: Is there equalisation in youth?
by West, Patrick
- 859-869 Health inequalities in the life course perspective
by Wadsworth, M. E. J.
- 871-881 Health inequalities in later life in a social democratic welfare state
by Dahl, Espen & Birkelund, Gunn Elisabeth
- 883-899 The integration of two health systems: Social stratification, work and health in East and West Germany
by Lüschen, Günther & Niemann, Steffen & Apelt, Peter
- 901-910 Social inequalities in health: Next questions and converging evidence
by Marmot, Michael & Ryff, Carol D. & Bumpass, Larry L. & Shipley, Martin & Marks, Nadine F.
1997, Volume 44, Issue 5
- 553-559 Beliefs on coping with illness: A consumer's perspective
by De Ridder, Denise & Depla, Marja & Severens, Peter & Malsch, Marijke
- 561-571 Shattered assumptions: Time and the experience of long-term HIV positivity
by Davies, Michele L.
- 573-577 Effects of a randomized health education intervention on aspects of peproductive health knowledge and reported behaviour among adolescents in Zimbabwe
by Mbizvo, M. T. & Kasule, J. & Gupta, V. & Rusakaniko, S. & Kinoti, S. N. & Mpanju-Shumbushu, W. & Sebina-Zziwa, A. J. & Mwateba, R. & Padayachy, J.
- 579-587 Identity, ideology and inequality: Methodologies in medical anthropology, Guatemala 1950-1995
by Barrett, Bruce
- 589-599 "Ruling in" and "ruling out": Two approaches to the micro-rationing of health care
by Hughes, David & Griffiths, Lesley
- 601-608 Conceptualizing oral health and oral health-related quality of life
by Gift, Helen C. & Atchison, Kathryn A. & Dayton, C. Mitchell
- 609-621 Refocusing the lens: Epidemiologic transition theory, mortality differentials, and the AIDS pandemic
by Gaylin, Daniel S. & Kates, Jennifer
- 623-633 Prior hospitalization and age as predictors of mental health resource utilization in Israel
by Ginsberg, Gary & Lerner, Yakov & Mark, Mordechai & Popper, Miriam
- 635-645 "Popular" health and the state: Dialectics of the peace process in El Salvador
by Smith-Nonini, Sandy
- 647-656 The role of decision analysis in informed consent: Choosing between intuition and systematicity
by Ubel, P. A. & Loewenstein, G.
- 657-671 Disease ecology and a reformist alternative: The case of infant mortality
by Gesler, Wilbert M. & Bird, Sheryl Thorburn & Oljeski, Stephen A.
- 673-680 Information sharing in semen donation: The views of donors
by Daniels, Ken R. & Lewis, Gillian M. & Curson, Ruth
- 681-692 Shared decision-making in the medical encounter: What does it mean? (or it takes at least two to tango)
by Charles, Cathy & Gafni, Amiram & Whelan, Tim
- 693-697 Long-term care experience in Saudi Arabia
by Al-Shammari, Sulaiman & Jarallah, Jamal S. & Felimban, Ferial
- 699-707 Does "process utility" exist? A case study of willingness to pay for laparoscopic cholecystectomy
by Donaldson, Cam & Shackley, Phil
- 709-715 Excess female mortality in rural Somalia--Is inequality in the household a risk factor?
by Aden, A. S. & Omar, M. M. & Omar, H. M. & Högberg, U. & Persson, L. Å. & Wall, S.
1997, Volume 44, Issue 4
- 431-439 The narrative of AIDS among the Tonga of Zambia
by Mogensen, Hanne Overgaard
- 441-454 STDs in women attending family planning clinics: A case study in Addis Ababa
by Duncan, M. Elizabeth & Tibaux, Gerard & Kloos, Helmut & Pelzer, Andrée & Mehari, Letebirhan & Perine, Peter L. & Peutherer, John & Young, Hugh & Jamil, Yasmin & Darougar, Sohrab & Lind, Inga & Reimann, Karin & Piot, Peter & Roggen, Erwin
- 455-468 HIV prevention among Zambian adolescents: Developing a value utilization/norm change model
by Feldman, Douglas A. & O'Hara, Peggy & Baboo, K. S. & Chitalu, N-i W. & Lu, Ying
- 469-477 HIV testing history among gay/bisexual men recruited in Barcelona: Evidence of high levels of risk behavior among self-reported HIV+ men
by Wang, Jen & Rodés, Anna & Blanch, Carles & Casabona, Jordi
- 479-489 The (dis)embodied self in anorexia nervosa
by Lester, Rebecca J.
- 491-502 How lay is lay? Chinese students' perceptions of anorexia nervosa in Hong Kong
by Lee, Sing
- 503-517 Reperes pour une modélisation systemique des programmes de sante : Approach for a systemic modelling of health programmes
by Fontaine, Denis
- 519-526 The communication atmosphere between physician colleagues: Competitive perfectionism or supportive dialogue? A Norwegian study
by Akre, Victoria & Falkum, Erik & Hoftvedt, Bjørn O. & Aasland, Olaf G.
- 527-534 Does organization matter? A multilevel analysis of the demand-control model applied to human services
by Söderfeldt, Björn & Söderfeldt, Marie & Jones, Kelvyn & O'Campo, Patricia & Muntaner, Carles & Ohlson, Carl-Göran & Warg, Lars-Erik
- 535-539 Efficacy of the Tibetan treatment for arthritis
by Ryan, Mary
- 541-548 Physician vs patient initiation of psychotropic prescribing in primary care settings: A content analysis of audiotapes
by Sleath, Betsy & Svarstad, Bonnie & Roter, Debra
1997, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 279-289 Factors affecting the most recent fertility rates in urban-rural Bangladesh
by Khan, H. T. Abdullah & Raeside, Robert
- 291-300 The children's sentinels: Mothers and their relationships with health professionals in the context of Japanese health care
by Saiki-Craighill, Shigeko
- 301-315 The ellipsis of prognosis in modern medical thought
by Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 317-325 Perceived social support, family environment and psychosocial recovery in bone marrow transplant long-term survivors
by Molassiotis, A. & Van Den Akker, O. B. A. & Boughton, B. J.
- 327-336 Past or present? Childhood living conditions and current socioeconomic status as determinants of adult health
by Rahkonen, Ossi & Lahelma, Eero & Huuhka, Minna
- 337-345 Comportements vis à vis des medicaments et representations de soi chez des personnes agées souffrant de maladies chroniques
by Ankri, Joël & Beaufils, Béatrice & Ledisert, Dominique & Henrard, Jean Claude
- 347-358 Social scientists and the new tuberculosis
by Farmer, Paul
- 359-370 Gender, social pressure, and smoking cessations: The Community Intervention Trial for Smoking Cessation (COMMIT) at baseline
by Royce, Jacqueline M. & Corbett, Kitty & Sorensen, Glorian & Ockene, Judith
- 371-380 Using willingness to pay to value alternative models of antenatal care
by Ryan, Mandy & Ratcliffe, Julie & Tucker, Janet
- 381-392 Female and male physicians' attitudes toward prenatal diagnosis: A Pan-Canadian survey
by Bouchard, Louise & Renaud, Marc
- 393-402 Direct and buffer effects of social support and personal coping resources in individuals with arthritis
by Penninx, Brenda W. J. H. & Van Tilburg, Theo & Deeg, Dorly J. H. & Kriegsman, Didi M. W. & Boeke, A. Joan P. & Van Eijk, Jacques T. M.
- 403-412 Problems in accurate medical diagnosis of depression in female patients
by Floyd, Bonnie J.
- 413-421 Population density and spatial differentials in child mortality in Zimbabwe
by Root, Graham
- 423-426 Health behaviour and risk behaviour: Socioeconomic differences in an Austrian rural county
by Stronegger, Willibald-Julius & Freidl, Wolfgang & Rásky, Éva
1997, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 137-146 Practitioner provision of preventive care in general practice consultations: Association with patient educational and occupational status
by Wiggers, John H. & Sanson-Fisher, Rob
- 147-155 Nurse staffing patterns and hospital efficiency in the United States
by Bloom, Joan R. & Alexander, Jeffrey A. & Nuchols, Beverly A.
- 157-169 Health expenditures in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Govindaraj, Ramesh & Chellaraj, Gnanaraj & Murray, Christopher J. L.
- 171-180 Traditions and reproductive technology in an urbanizing north Indian village
by Khanna, Sunil K.
- 181-187 Suicide among foreign-born minorities and native Swedes: An epidemiological follow-up study of a defined population
by Johansson, Leena Maria & Sundquist, Jan & Johansson, Sven-Erik & Bergman, B. O. & Qvist, Jan & Träskman-Bendz, Lil
- 189-198 Long-term illness among indigenous and foreign-born people in Sweden
by Sundquist, Jan & Johansson, Sven-Erik
- 199-213 Contexts and patterns of men's commercial sexual partnerships in northeastern Thailand: Implications for AIDS prevention
by Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor & Elkins, David & Haswell-Elkins, Melissa & Rujkarakorn, Darunee & Kuyyakanond, Thicumporn & Stam, Kathryn
- 215-230 White, red and black: Colour classification and illness management in Northern Ghana
by Kirby, Jon P.
- 231-240 The development of a training model to improve health professionals' skills, self-efficacy and outcome expectancies when communicating with cancer patients
by Parle, Michael & Maguire, Peter & Heaven, Cathy
- 241-249 Marital status and quality of relationships: The impact on health perception
by Ren, Xinhua Steve
- 251-260 Measuring the human cost of a weak economy: Does unemployment lead to alcohol abuse?
by Ettner, Susan L.
- 261-267 Alcohol abuse and mortality: A 40-year prospective study of Norwegian conscripts
by Rossow, Ingeborg & Amundsen, Arvid
- 269-272 Socioeconomic factors and dental caries in developing countries: A cross-national study
by Miura, Hiroko & Araki, Yoshima & Haraguchi, Katsuhiro & Arai, Yumiko & Umenai, Takusei
1997, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-12 The background of adolescent pregnancies in Nicaragua: A qualitative approach
by Berglund, Staffan & Liljestrand, Jerker & De María Marín, Flor & Salgado, Norma & Zelaya, Elmer
- 13-24 The contribution of childhood environment to the explanation of socio-economic inequalities in health in adult life: A retrospective study
by Van De Mheen, H. & Stronks, K. & Van Den Bos, J. & Mackenbach, J. P.
- 25-40 Sexual risk-taking, socio-sexual biographies and sexual interaction: Elements of the French national survey on sexual behaviour
by Bajos, Nathalie & Ducot, Béatrice & Spencer, Brenda & Spira, Alfred
- 41-53 Alone in the crowd: How adults with learning difficulties cope with social networks problems
by Heyman, Bob & Swain, John & Gillman, Maureen & Handyside, Elizabeth C. & Newman, Wendy
- 55-61 The nature of parasuicide in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
by Ndosi, N. K. & Waziri, M. C.
- 63-70 Social inequality and injuries: Do morbidity patterns differ from mortality?
by Kelly, Susan M. & Miles-Doan, Rebecca
- 71-83 Deinstitutionalization, homelessness, and the myth of psychiatric abandonment: A structural anthropology perspective
by Mossman, Douglas
- 85-92 Questioning patient satisfaction: An empirical investigation in two outpatient clinics
by Avis, Mark & Bond, Meg & Arthur, Antony
- 93-101 Family life and smoking in adolescence
by Glendinning, Anthony & Shucksmith, Janet & Hendry, Leo
- 103-122 Geographical patterns of guinea worm infestation in Ghana: An historical contribution
by Hunter, John M.
- 123-131 Low mortality from ischaemic heart disease in the Sámi district of Finland
by Näyhä, Simo
1996, Volume 43, Issue 12
- 1685-1695 Infinitesimal risk as public health crisis: News media coverage of a doctor-patient HIV contact tracing investigation
by Brown, Julianne & Chapman, Simon & Lupton, Deborah
- 1697-1702 Infant feeding patterns on Mauritius Island, 1991
by Grummer-Strawn, Laurence M. & Kalasopatan, Soobrayen & Sungkur, J. & Friedman, Jay
- 1703-1707 Dementia-free life expectancy (DemFLE) in The Netherlands
by Perenboom, Rom J. M. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C. & Breteler, Monique M. B. & Ott, Alewijn & Van de Water, Harry P. A.
- 1709-1720 Determinants of the use of ambulant social care by the elderly
by Crets, Stefan
- 1721-1728 The effect of violent attacks by schizophrenic persons on the attitude of the public towards the mentally ill
by Angermeyer, Matthias C. & Matschinger, Herbert
- 1729-1742 Credit programs, patriarchy and men's violence against women in rural Bangladesh
by Schuler, Sidney Ruth & Hashemi, Syed M. & Riley, Ann P. & Akhter, Shireen
- 1743-1754 Social networks, social support, personal empowerment, and the adaptation of psychiatric consumers/survivors: Path analytic models
by Hall, G. Brent & Nelson, Geoffrey
- 1755-1763 Services for adults who have experienced child sexual assault: Improving agency response
by Gibbons, Jill
- 1765-1784 Childbearing research: A transcultural review
by Steinberg, Susanne
- 1785-1794 Impact of witnessing death on hospice patients
by Payne, Sheila & Hillier, Richard & Langley-Evans, Alison & Roberts, Tony
- 1795-1804 QALYs and ethics: A health economist's perspective
by Williams, Alan
- 1805-1815 The struggle of weaning: Factors determining breastfeeding duration in East Bhutan
by Bøhler, Erik & Ingstad, Benedicte
- 1817-1827 An economic and sociological interpretation of social differences in health-related behaviour: An encounter as a guide to social epidemiology
by Lindbladh, Eva & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Hanson, Bertil S. & Östergren, Perolof & Isacsson, Sven-Olof & Lindgren, Björn
- 1829-1838 The social construction of drug debates
by Dingelstad, David & Gosden, Richard & Martin, Brian & Vakas, Nickolas
1996, Volume 43, Issue 11
- 1527-1532 Percentage of elderly and the use of welfare services at city welfare offices in Japan
by Ida, Osamu & Tatara, Kozo & Fujiwara, Hitoshi & Takashima, Yoshihiro & Kuroda, Kenji
- 1533-1541 A conceptual framework for the study of early readmission as an indicator of quality of care
by Ashton, Carol M. & Wray, Nelda P.
- 1543-1549 Rapid prescribing change, how do patients respond?
by Dowell, Jon S. & Snadden, David & Dunbar, James A.
- 1551-1560 A review of successful transport and home injury interventions to guide developing countries
by Forjuoh, Samuel N. & LI, Guohua
- 1561-1567 Preserving the pot and water: A traditional concept of reproductive health in a Yoruba community, Nigeria
by Adetunji, Jacob A.
- 1569-1578 Interaction, language and the "narrative turn" in psychotherapy and psychiatry
by Brown, Brian & Nolan, Peter & Crawford, Paul & Lewis, Alison
- 1579-1590 Health, hygiene and maternal education: Evidence from The Gambia
by Barrett, Hazel & Browne, Angela
- 1591-1600 The consequences of knowing: Ethical and legal liabilities in illicit drug research
by Fitzgerald, John & Hamilton, Margaret
- 1601-1610 The assessment of disability with the Groningen Activity Restriction Scale. Conceptual framework and psychometric properties
by Kempen, G. I. J. M. & Miedema, I. & Ormel, J. & Molenaar, W.
- 1611-1619 Utilization of health care in an African urban area: Results from a household survey in Ouagadougou, Burkina-Faso
by Develay, A. & Sauerborn, R. & Diesfeld, H. J.
- 1621-1625 Predictors of family anxiety in the weeks before bereavement
by Higginson, Irene & Priest, Patricia
- 1627-1636 Paid work, unpaid work and social support: A study of the health of male and female nurses
by Walters, Vivienne & Lenton, Rhonda & French, Susan & Eyles, John & Mayr, Janet & Newbold, Bruce
- 1637-1648 Depression in the work of British health visitors: Clinical facets
by Sheppard, Michael
- 1649-1663 Women, alcohol and work: Interactions of gender, ethnicity and occupational culture
by Ames, Genevieve M. & Rebhun, L. A.
- 1665-1671 Sociocultural and behavioural determinants of obesity among Inuit in the central Canadian Arctic
by Young, T. Kue
- 1673-1678 Regional inequities in health expectancy in Belgium
by Van Oyen, Herman & Tafforeau, Jean & Roelands, Marc
1996, Volume 43, Issue 10
- 1431-1441 Urbanisation, household composition and the reproductive health of women in a South African city
by Pick, William M. & Obermeyer, Carla Makhlouf
- 1443-1451 Gender differences in health: Evidence from the Czech Republic
by Hraba, Joseph & Lorenz, Frederick & Lee, Gang & Pechacová, Zdenka
- 1453-1460 Sex differences in coping and depression among young adults
by Hänninen, Vilma & Aro, Hillevi
- 1461-1465 Gender differences in postneonatal infant mortality in Taiwan
by Yang, Wen-Shan & Knöbel, Harald H. & Chen, Chien-Jen
- 1467-1474 Socio-regional context as a determinant of adolescents' health behaviour in Finland
by Karvonen, Sakari & Rimpelä, Arja
- 1475-1488 Does women's work improve their nutrition: Evidence from the urban Philippines
by Bisgrove, Eilene Z. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 1489-1506 Recovery from anorexia nervosa: A Durkheimian interpretation
by Garrett, Catherine J.
- 1507-1516 Obstetric morbidity in south India: Results from a community survey
by Bhatia, Jagdish C. & Cleland, John
- 1517-1523 Shared understandings for informed consent: The relevance of psychological research on the provision of information
by Kent, Gerry
1996, Volume 43, Issue 9
- 1299-1308 Reactivity and repeatability of hygiene behaviour: Structured observations from Burkina Faso
by Cousens, Simon & Kanki, Bernadette & Toure, Seydou & Diallo, Ibrahim & Curtis, Valerie
- 1309-1316 Physical and psychological well-being among immigrant referrals to colonoscopy
by Anson, Ofra & Pilpel, Dina & Rolnik, Valentina
- 1317-1327 The choice of alternative therapy for health care: Testing some propositions
by McGregor, Katherine J. & Peay, Edmund R.
- 1329-1348 The practice of Chinese medicine in Taiwan
by Chi, Chunhuei & Lee, Jwo-Leun & Lai, Jim-Shoung & Chen, Chiu-Yin & Chang, Shu-Kuei & Chen, Shih-Chien
- 1349-1358 The social construction of anticipatory grief
by Fulton, Graham & Madden, Chris & Minichiello, Victor
- 1359-1370 Dissonant loss: The experiences of donor relatives
by Sque, Magi & Payne, Sheila A.
- 1371-1377 Dirty, diseased and undeserving: The positioning of HIV positive women
by Lawless, Sonia & Kippax, Susan & Crawford, June
- 1379-1387 Haiti: Unions, fertility and the quest for survival
by Maynard-Tucker, Gisèle
- 1389-1397 An international study on measuring social support: Interactions and satisfaction
by Doeglas, Dirk & Suurmeijer, Theo & Briançon, Serge & Moum, Torbjørn & Krol, Boudien & Bjelle, Anders & Sanderman, Robbert & van den Heuvel, Wim
- 1399-1425 An introduction to guinea worm on the eve of its departure: Dracunculiasis transmission, health effects, ecology and control
by Hunter, John M.
1996, Volume 43, Issue 8
- 1169-1178 AIDS as a paradox of manhood and development in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
by Setel, Phlip
- 1179-1187 The meaning of 6.8: Numeracy and normality in health information talks
by Adelswärd, Viveka & Sachs, Lisbeth
- 1189-1198 Face and politeness in pharmacist-physician interaction
by Lambert, Bruce L.
- 1199-1204 Compulsory testing for HIV in Hungary
by Danziger, Renée
- 1205-1211 The impact of health education to promote cloth filters on dracunculiasis prevalence in the Northern Region, Ghana
by Tayeh, Ahmed & Cairncross, Sandy & Maude, Gillian H.
- 1213-1222 Oral health and quality of life in New Zealand: A social perspective
by Chen, Meei-Shia & Hunter, Peter
- 1223-1228 Lay beliefs about diarrhoeal diseases: Their role in health education in a developing country
by Pitts, Marian & Mcmaster, John & Hartmann, Tamara & Mausezahl, D.
- 1229-1236 How reliable are relatives' retrospective reports of terminal illness? Patients' and relatives' accounts compared
by Hinton, John
- 1237-1243 Cognition and affect after cervical screening: The role of previous test outcome and personal obligation in future uptake expectations
by Orbell, Sheina
- 1245-1251 Patient attitude as a function of disease state in Multiple Sclerosis
by Evers, Kaylene J. & Karnilowicz, Wally
- 1253-1261 Compassionate-empathic physicians: Personality traits and social-organizational factors that enhance or inhibit this behavior pattern
by Carmel, Sara & Glick, Seymour M.
- 1263-1271 Equity in the access to mammography in Spain
by Luengo, S. & Lázaro, P. & Madero, R. & Alvira, F. & Fitch, K. & Azcona, B. & Pérez, J. M. & Caballero, P.
- 1273-1282 The mental health impact of stillbirth, neonatal death or SIDS: Prevalence and patterns of distress among mothers
by Boyle, Frances M. & Vance, John C. & Najman, Jake M. & Thearle, M. John
- 1283-1287 Physicians' view of practice guidelines. A survey of Italian physicians
by Grilli, Roberto & Penna, Angelo & Zola, Paolo & Liberati, Alessandro
- 1289-1294 Scope for fly control as a diarrhoea intervention in Pakistan: A community perspective
by Chavasse, Desmond & Ahmad, Nisar & Akhtar, Tasleem
1996, Volume 43, Issue 7
- 1035-1047 Immigrants and health: Unemployment and health-risks of labour migrants in the Federal Republic of Germany, 1984-1992
by Elkeles, Thomas & Seifert, Wolfgang
- 1049-1056 Health care access and preventive care among Vietnamese immigrants: Do traditional beliefs and practices pose barriers?
by Jenkins, Christopher N. H. & Le, Thao & McPhee, Stephen J. & Stewart, Susan & Ha, Ngoc The
- 1057-1062 Missing front teeth in exile Tamils--An unresolved phenomenon
by Wolf, Manfred
- 1063-1072 International stratification and the health of women: An empirical comparison of alternative models of world-system position
by Dyches, Hayne & Rushing, Beth
- 1073-1081 Physician preventive care philosophy and the five year durability of a preventive services office system
by Rebelsky, Michelle S. & Sox, Carol Hill & Dietrich, Allen J. & Schwab, Brenda R. & Labaree, Christine E. & Brown-Mckinney, Nancy
- 1083-1095 Child development and long-term outcomes: A population health perspective and summary of successful interventions
by Hertzman, C. & Wiens, M.
- 1097-1107 Maternal and child health in Albania
by Senturia, Kirsten D.
- 1109-1118 Migration of persons with AIDS--A search for support from elderly parents?
by Ellis, Mark & Muschkin, Clara
- 1119-1126 The relation of self-reported back pain to psychosocial, behavioral, and health-related factors in a working population in Switzerland
by Foppa, Ivo & Noack, Richard H.
- 1127-1136 The end of the road? Lay views on a pain-relief clinic
by Bendelow, Gillian A. & Williams, Simon J.
- 1137-1143 Is patient-controlled analgesia controlled by the patient?
by Taylor, Neil & Hall, George M. & Salmon, Peter
- 1145-1159 Role of control and support in occupational stress: An integrated model
by Baker, Elizabeth & Israel, Barbara & Schurman, Susan
1996, Volume 43, Issue 6
- 901-902 Change of editorial structure at Social Science & Medicine
by Macintyre, Sally
- 903-917 The effects of health and treatment perceptions on the use of prescribed medication and home remedies among African American and white American hypertensives
by Brown, Carolyn M. & Segal, Richard
- 919-931 Hearing the patient's 'voice': Toward a social poetics in diagnostic interviews
by Katz, Arlene M. & Shotter, John
- 933-945 Treatment seeking for malaria: A review of recent research
by McCombie, S. C.
- 947-954 A randomized trial of an empirically-derived social support intervention to prevent low birthweight among African American women
by Norbeck, Jane S. & DeJoseph, Jeanne F. & Smith, Renée T.
- 955-965 Behavior, attitudes, and expectations regarding the use of life-sustaining treatments among physicians in Israel: An exploratory study
by Carmel, Sara
- 967-974 Age differences among Japanese on the center for epidemiologic studies depression scale: An ethnocultural perspective on somatization
by Iwata, Noboru & Roberts, Robert E.
- 975-983 Access and utilization: A continuum of health service environments
by Rosenberg, Mark W. & Hanlon, Neil T.
- 985-998 Willingness to pay for child survival: Results of a national survey in Central African Republic
by Weaver, Marcia & Ndamobissi, Robert & Kornfield, Ruth & Blewane, Cesaire & Sathe, Antoine & Chapko, Michael & Bendje, Nicholas & Nguembi, Emmanuel & Senwara-Defiobonna, Jacques
- 999-1005 Do preventive health services reduce eventual demand for medical care?
by Nakanishi, Noriyuki & Tatara, Kozo & Fujiwara, Hitoshi
- 1007-1024 "I'm not dog, no!": Cries of resistance against cholera control campaigns
by Nations, Marilyn K. & Monte, Cristina M. G.
- 1025-1029 Socioeconomic status and severity of illness on admission in acute myocardial infarction patients
by Latour-Pérez, Jaime & Gutiérrez-Vicén, Teresa & Lópezcamps, Vicent & Bonastre-Mora, Juan & Giner-Boix, Jose Salvador & Rodríguez-Serra, Manuel & Rosado-Bretón, Luis
1996, Volume 43, Issue 5
- 575-575 Editorial
by McEwan, Peter J. M.
- 577-599 Beyond the orthodox: Heresy in medicine and the social sciences from a cross-cultural perspective
by Gürsoy, Akile
- 601-604 Medical heresy--The view of a heretic
by Stambolovic, Vuk
- 605-608 Causes of change in the health of populations: A biopsychosocial viewpoint
by Arnetz, Bengt B.
- 609-619 Child survival: Physical vulnerability and resilience in adversity in the European past and the contemporary Third World
by Caldwell, Pat
- 621-635 Child development: Vulnerability and resilience
by Engle, Patrice L. & Castle, Sarah & Menon, Purnima
- 637-654 Health system reforms--Toward a framework for international comparisons
by Twaddle, Andrew C.
- 655-666 Market-oriented health care reforms: Trends and future options
by van de ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 667-680 Cultural problems of ageing especially regarding gender and intergenerational equity
by Henrard, J. C.
- 681-687 Cultural aspects of ageing: Gender and inter-generational issues
by Jefferys, Margot
- 689-695 Obstacles to community health promotion
by Guldan, Georgia S.
- 697-705 Empowering patients: Issues and strategies
by Anderson, Joan M.
- 707-720 Gender perspectives and quality of care: Towards appropriate and adequate health care for women
by van Wijk, Cecile M. T. Gijsbers & van Vliet, Katja P. & Kolk, Annemarie M.
- 721-730 Gender perspectives and quality of care in underdeveloped countries: Disease, gender and contextuality
by Zaidi, S. Akbar
- 731-737 Policy issues in the private health sector: Examples from long-term care in the U.K
by Bartlett, Helen P. & Phillips, David R.
- 739-744 Pooling public and private funds in the patient's interest: The case for long-term care insurance
by Launois, Robert
- 745-758 Disease ecology at a crossroads: Man-made environments, human rights and perpetual development utopias
by Pedersen, Duncan
- 759-768 Public health care provisions: Access and equity
by Muhamad Hanafiah Bin Juni
- 769-774 Responses of mental health professionals to man-made trauma: The Israeli experience
by Solomon, Zahava
- 775-782 Responsibilities and rights in the promotion of health: Differing positions of the individual and the state
by Bell, Nora Kizer
- 783-789 Health care: A social contract in transition
by Hill, T. Patrick
- 791-797 Health care reform and the labor market
by Durán-Arenas, Luis & López-Cervantes, Malaquías