Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
1996, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 399-420 Areal and socioeconomic differentials in infant and child mortality in Cameroon
by Defo, Barthélémy Kuate
- 421-430 Innovations in acumoxa: Acupuncture analgesia, scalp and ear acupuncture in the People's Republic of China
by Hsu, Elisabeth
- 431-435 Importance of schistosomiasis in the Isoka district of Zambia: A prerequisite for its control using community participation
by Siziya, Seter & Mushanga, Martin
- 437-445 Acute respiratory infections--Mothers' perceptions of etiology and treatment in South-Western Nigeria
by Iyun, B. Folasade & Tomson, Göran
- 447-451 Carbon monoxide suicide from car exhausts
by Öström, Mats & Thorson, Jan & Eriksson, Anders
- 453-462 Origins and working conditions of female sex workers in urban Thailand: Consequences of social context for HIV transmission
by Wawer, Maria J. & Podhisita, Chai & Kanungsukkasem, Uraiwan & Pramualratana, Anthony & McNamara, Regina
- 463-469 Attitudes of pediatric nurses facing HIV risk
by Berkowitz, Nancy F. & Nuttall, Ronald L.
1996, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 159-168 The Swedish Transplant Acts: Sociological considerations on bodies and giving
by Machado, Nora
- 169-172 Senile dementia in Japan: Prevalence and response
by Ineichen, Bernard
- 173-183 Social networks, social support and coping with serious illness: The family connection
by Ell, Kathleen
- 185-197 The industrial Panopticon: Mining and the medical construction of migrant African labour in South Africa, 1900-1950
by Butchart, Alexander
- 199-207 Factors influencing patient perceived recovery in Mexico
by Finkler, Kaja & Correa, Maria
- 209-220 Patterns and predictors of infertility among African women: A cross-national survey of twenty-seven nations
by Ericksen, Karen & Brunette, Tracy
- 221-231 Rethinking methods for the study of sexual behaviour
by Huygens, Pierre & Kajura, Ellen & Seeley, Janet & Barton, Tom
- 233-243 The Yoruba farm market as a communication channel in guinea worm disease surveillance
by Brieger, William R. & Kendall, Carl
- 245-256 Adaptive demands along the HIV disease continuum
by Pakenham, Kenneth I. & Dadds, Mark R. & Terry, Deborah J.
- 257-264 Sex differences in morbidity: A case of discrimination in general practice
by Sayer, Geoffrey P. & Britt, Helena
- 265-280 Chronic stress and psychological well-being: Evidence from Thailand on household crowding
by Fuller, Theodore D. & Edwards, John N. & Vorakitphokatorn, Sairudee & Sermsri, Santhat
- 281-292 Anthropology, clinical pathology and the electronic fetal monitor: Lessons from the heart
by Bassett, Ken
1996, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-2 Retirement of Peter McEwan
by Illsley, Raymond
- 3-19 Leprosy among the limba: Illness and healing in the context of world view
by Opala, Joseph & Boillot, Francois
- 21-34 Reconsidering the status of anorexia nervosa as a western culture-bound syndrome
by Lee, Sing
- 35-46 Is general practitioner decision making associated with patient socio-economic status?
by Scott, Anthony & Shiell, Alan & King, Madeleine
- 47-57 Educational differentials in mortality: United States, 1979-1985
by Elo, Irma T. & Preston, Samuel H.
- 59-73 Women and AIDS: An analysis of media misrepresentations
by Sacks, Valerie
- 75-89 Inequalities in health related to women's marital, parental, and employment status--A comparison between the early 70s and the late 80s, Norway
by Elstad, Jon Ivar
- 91-98 Dry sex in Zimbabwe and implications for condom use
by Civic, Diane & Wilson, David
- 99-110 Gender response to neurofibromatosis 1
by Ablon, Joan
- 111-123 The role of clinical vignettes in rapid ethnographic research: A folk taxonomy of diarrhoea in Thailand
by Shawyer, Richard John & Gani, Abdullah Sani Bin & Punufimana, Albert Noel & Seuseu, Namulauulu Kamuta Fualaga
- 125-132 Medical futility decisions and physicians' legal defensiveness: The impact of anticipated conflict on thresholds for end-of-life treatment
by Swanson, Jeffrey W. & Van McCrary, S.
- 133-140 Ethnography of fertility and menstruation in rural Mexico
by Castañeda, Xóchitl & García, Cecilia & Langer, Ana
- 141-152 Prostitutes, prostitution and STD/HIV transmission in Mainland China
by Gil, Vincent E. & Wang, Marco S. & Anderson, Allen F. & Lin, Guo Matthew & Wu, Zongjian Oliver
- 157-157 Letter to the editor
by Bagshawe, Antonia
1995, Volume 41, Issue 12
- 1603-1605 Social differentials in chronic disease: What can sociological knowledge offer to explain and possibly reduce them?
by Siegrist, Johannes
- 1607-1616 Medical humanitarianism and human rights: Reflections on Doctors Without Borders and Doctors of the World
by Fox, Renée C.
- 1617-1619 Professionals, intellectuals, visible practitioners? The case of 'medical humanitarianism'
by Herzlich, Claudine
- 1621-1622 Reaction paper: Medical humanitarianism and human rights; reflections on Doctors Without Borders and Doctors of the World
by Falck, Hans S.
- 1623-1624 On providing a truly international perspective
by Wyatt, David
- 1625-1626 Rejoinder
by Fox, Renée C.
- 1627-1637 The implementation of health promotion: A new structural perspective
by Rütten, Alfred
- 1639-1645 Correlates of health care satisfaction in inner-city patients with hypertension and chronic renal insufficiency
by Harris, Lisa E. & Luft, Friedrich C. & Rudy, David W. & Tierney, William M.
- 1647-1651 Parental perceptions and attitudes about informed consent in clinical research involving children
by Harth, S. C. & Thong, Y. H.
- 1653-1654 Introduction
by Rifkin, Susan
- 1655-1665 Research and the health services manager in the developing world
by Barker, Carol
- 1667-1676 What is participatory research?
by Cornwall, Andrea & Jewkes, Rachel
- 1677-1683 Ethnographic studies of ARI in Bolivia and their use by the national ARI programme
by Hudelson, Patricia & Huanca, Tomas & Charaly, Dolores & Cirpa, Virginia
- 1685-1692 Perception and social consequences of tuberculosis: A focus group study of tuberculosis patients in Sialkot, Pakistan
by Liefooghe, R. & Michiels, N. & Habib, S. & Moran, M. B. & De Muynck, A.
- 1693-1704 Child sexual abuse in Matabeleland, Zimbabwe
by Meursing, Karla & Vos, Theo & Coutinho, Odette & Moyo, Michael & Mpofu, Sipho & Oneko, Olola & Mundy, Verity & Dube, Simukai & Mahlangu, Thembeni & Sibindi, Flora
- 1705-1713 Socio-cultural and behavioural aspects of mosquito-borne lymphatic filariasis in Thailand: A qualitative analysis
by Rauyajin, Oratai & Kamthornwachara, Benjawan & Yablo, Paul
- 1715-1724 Learning to listen: Formative research in the development of AIDS education for secondary school students
by Mathews, Catherine & Everett, Katherine & Binedell, Julia & Steinberg, Malcolm
- 1725-1729 How do health service managers respond to qualitative research?
by Van der Walt, Hester & Mathews, Catherine
1995, Volume 41, Issue 11
- 1467-1468 Welcome? To the brave new world of evidence based medicine
by Carr-Hill, Roy
- 1469-1478 The health crisis in the former Soviet Union: A report from the 'post-war' zone
by Field, Mark G.
- 1479-1486 Environmental effects on human reproduction: The basis for new efforts in Eastern Europe
by Kulin, Howard E. & Skakkebaek, Niels E.
- 1487-1498 Culture in treatment, culture as treatment. A critical appraisal of developments in addictions programs for indigenous North Americans and Australians
by Brady, Maggie
- 1499-1505 Locus of control and socioeconomic status: Does internal locus of control reflect real resources and opportunities or personal coping abilities?
by Landau, Ruth
- 1507-1512 Separate black and white infant mortality models: Differences in the importance of structural variables
by Bird, Sheryl Thorburn
- 1513-1516 Psychological factors in the relationship between alcohol and cardiovascular morbidity
by Roberts, Ron & Brunner, Eric & Marmot, Michael
- 1517-1521 Public opinion regarding end-of-life decisions: Influence of prognosis, practice and process
by Singer, Peter A. & Choudhry, Sujit & Armstrong, Jane & Meslin, Eric M. & Lowy, Frederick H.
- 1523-1533 Anthropology, HIV and contingent identities
by Gatter, Philip N.
- 1535-1567 Health care workers and HIV/AIDS: A critical review of the literature
by Horsman, Janet M. & Sheeran, Paschal
- 1569-1575 Eye care knowledge and practices among Malawian traditional healers and the development of collaborative blindness prevention programmes
by Courtright, Paul
- 1577-1586 Perceptions of risk during pregnancy amongst urban women in Northeast Brazil
by Atkinson, Sarah J. & Farias, Monica Façanha
- 1587-1595 Balancing hot and cold--Balancing power and weakness: Social and cultural aspects of Malay jamu in Singapore
by Tuschinsky, Christine
1995, Volume 41, Issue 10
- 1337-1338 Introduction
by Bowling, Ann & Brazier, John
- 1339-1348 Developing outcome measures for ambulatory care--An application to asthma and diabetes
by Mccoll, E. & Steen, I. N. & Meadows, K. A. & Hutchinson, A. & Eccles, M. P. & Hewison, J. & Fowler, P. & Blades, S. M.
- 1349-1358 The Swedish SF-36 Health Survey--I. Evaluation of data quality, scaling assumptions, reliability and construct validity across general populations in Sweden
by Sullivan, Marianne & Karlsson, Jan & Ware, John E.
- 1359-1366 German translation and psychometric testing of the SF-36 Health Survey: Preliminary results from the IQOLA project
by Bullinger, Monika
- 1367-1372 Quality of life in chronic fatigue syndrome
by Schweitzer, Robert & Kelly, Brian & Foran, Amanda & Terry, Deborah & Whiting, John
- 1373-1382 Environmental and health-related quality of life: Conceptual and methodological similarities
by Rogerson, Robert J.
- 1383-1394 Clinical and public health perspectives and applications of health-related quality of life measurement
by Ebrahim, Shah
- 1395-1401 Evaluating the efficacy of medical treatment: Possibilities and limitations
by Jenkinson, Crispin
- 1411-1415 Health-related quality of life between naturalism and hermeneutics
by Rosenberg, Raben
- 1417-1427 A QALY-based societal health statistic for Canada, 1985
by Holmes, Ann M.
- 1429-1437 Maximizing health benefits vs egalitarianism: An Australian survey of health issues
by Nord, Erik & Richardson, Jeff & Street, Andrew & Kuhse, Helga & Singer, Peter
- 1439-1446 Elderly people's definitions of quality of life
by Farquhar, Morag
- 1447-1462 What things are important in people's lives? A survey of the public's judgements to inform scales of health related quality of life
by Bowling, Ann
- 1463-1465 Quality of life assessment in pediatric oncology: A retrospective review of phase III reports
by Bradlyn, Andrew S. & Harris, Carole V. & Spieth, Leslie E.
1995, Volume 41, Issue 9
- 1203-1205 A better way of approaching adolescent pregnancy
by Battin, M. P.
- 1207-1216 Sociological dimensions of illness behavior
by Mechanic, David
- 1217-1240 The tooth as a marker of developing world quality of life: A field study in Guatemala
by Hunter, John M. & Arbona, Sonia I.
- 1241-1254 Health promotion in primary care: Physician-patient communication and decision making about prescription medications
by Makoul, Gregory & Arntson, Paul & Schofield, Theo
- 1255-1260 Confiding in crisis: Gender differences in pattern of confiding among cancer patients
by Harrison, Judy & Maguire, Peter & Pitceathly, Carolyn
- 1261-1271 The cultural production of Bioterapia: Psychic healing and the natural medicine movement in Slovakia
by Rubens, Donna & Gyurkovics, Darina & Hornacek, Karol
- 1273-1287 Reliability-adjusted disease maps
by Kennedy-Kalafatis, Susan
- 1289-1299 The ethics of discharge planning for older adults: An ethnographic analysis
by Dill, Ann E. P.
- 1301-1310 Pre-marital genetic counselling to consanguineous couples: Attitudes, beliefs and decisions among counselled, noncounselled and unrelated couples in Israel
by Shiloh, Shoshana & Reznik, Haike & Bat-Miriam-Katznelson, Mariassa & Goldman, Boleslav
- 1311-1323 Sexual communication in the age of AIDS: The construction of risk and trust among young adults
by Lear, Dana
- 1325-1332 The role of pharmaceuticals in the privatization process in Vietnam's health-care system
by Wolffers, Ivan
1995, Volume 41, Issue 8
- 1041-1041 Editorial
by McEwan, P. J. M.
- 1043-1045 Flourishing health work in China
by Xu, Wenbo
- 1047-1055 The Chinese health care system: Lessons for other nations
by Hsiao, William C. L.
- 1057-1064 The reforms of the Chinese health care system: County level changes: The Jiangxi study
by Zheng, Xiang & Hillier, Sheila
- 1065-1072 Market reforms and China's health care system
by HO, Lok Sang
- 1073-1084 Urban economic reform and access to health care coverage in the People's Republic of China
by Grogan, Colleen M.
- 1085-1093 Transformation of China's rural health care financing
by Liu, Yuanli & Hsiao, William C. L. & Li, Qing & Liu, Xingzhu & Ren, Minghui
- 1095-1101 The cost escalation of social health insurance plans in China: Its implication for public policy
by Liu, Xingzhu & Hsiao, William C. L.
- 1103-1110 Health care utilization as a function of subjective health status, job satisfaction and gender among health care workers in Guangzhou, Southern China
by Fielding, R. & Li, J. & Tang, Y. E.
- 1111-1118 Cooperative medical schemes in contemporary rural China
by Xueshan, Feng & Shenglan, Tang & Bloom, Gerald & Segall, Malcolm & Xingyuan, Gu
- 1119-1130 Distribution of medical insurance in China
by Henderson, Gail & Shuigao, Jin & Akin, John & Zhiming, Li & Jianmin, Wang & Haijiang, Ma & Yunan, He & Xiping, Zhang & Ying, Chang & Keyou, Ge
- 1131-1145 Urban stress in China
by Lin, Nan & Lai, Gina
- 1147-1157 Seeking women's voices: Setting the context for women's health interventions in two rural counties in Yunnan, China
by Wong, Glenn C. & LI, Virginia C. & Burris, Mary Ann & Xiang, Yueping
- 1159-1173 Goods on which one loses: Women and mental health in China
by Pearson, Veronica
- 1175-1184 Flows of social support and health status among older persons in China
by Liu, Xian & Liang, Jersey & Gu, Shengzu
- 1185-1190 Some aspects of diabetes care in Chengdu
by Li, Xiu J. & Deng, Shang P.
- 1191-1195 Outline of control practice of endemic fluorosis in China
by Lian-Fang, Wang & Jian-Zhong, Huang
- 1197-1201 The rise and prospects of medical aesthetics
by Qingxing, Peng & Xue, Wang & Jiaye, Zhao
1995, Volume 41, Issue 7
- 911-914 Epidemiology's role in the creation of a humane world: Convergences and divergences among the schools
by Breilh, Jaime
- 915-922 Psychosocial and behavioral factors associated with serum lipids in university students
by Undén, Anna-Lena & Krakau, Ingvar & Högbom, Margita & Romanus-Egerborg, Isolde
- 923-934 Explaining rising mortality among men in Eastern Europe
by Watson, Peggy
- 935-947 Gender differences in the relationship between social network support and mortality: A longitudinal study of an elderly cohort
by Shye, Diana & Mullooly, John P. & Freeborn, Donald K. & Pope, Clyde R.
- 949-955 Homogénéité de la distribution spatiale des cancers du système reproducteur féminin au Québec
by Drapeau, Aline & Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Ghadirian, Parviz
- 957-968 Sewers and scapegoats: Spatial metaphors of smallpox in nineteenth century San Francisco
by Craddock, Susan
- 969-975 Process and outcomes in general practice consultations: Problems in defining high quality care
by Winefield, Helen R. & Murrell, Timothy G. & Clifford, Julie
- 977-981 Public health problems of urbanization
by Mutatkar, R. K.
- 983-1003 Elderly mental health in the developing world
by Levkoff, Sue E. & Macarthur, Ian W. & Bucknall, Julia
- 1005-1021 The subjective experience of health and illness in Ocuituco: A case study
by Castro, Roberto
- 1023-1031 Ethnic differences in contraceptive use in Kuwait: A clinic-based study
by Al-Gallaf, Khalida & Al-Wazzan, Hanan & Al-Namash, Hind & Shah, Nasra M. & Behbehani, Jaafar
- 1033-1037 The impact of the Gulf armed conflict on the health and behaviour of Kuwaiti children
by Al-Eissa, Youssef A.
1995, Volume 41, Issue 6
- 759-760 What is this news on the menstrual cycle and premenstrual syndrome? : Introduction
by Choi, Precilla Y. L.
- 761-767 The premenstrual syndrome: A brief history
by Richardson, John T. E.
- 769-777 Stress responsivity in exercisers and non-exercisers during different phases of the menstrual cycle
by Choi, Precilla Y. L. & Salmon, Peter
- 779-784 The menstrual cycle, science and femininity: Assumptions underlying menstrual cycle research
by Nicolson, Paula
- 785-791 The menstrual cycle and the well being of women
by Bancroft, John
- 793-800 Theory and methodology in premenstrual syndrome research
by Walker, Anne
- 801-807 Increased socioeconomic differences in mortality in eight Spanish provinces
by Regidor, Enrique & Gutiérrez-Fisac, Juan L. & Rodríguez, Carmen
- 809-818 Health of migrants and migrant health policy, the Netherlands as an example
by Venema, H. P. Uniken & Garretsen, H. F. L. & Van Der Maas, P. J.
- 819-828 No real progress towards equity: Health of migrants and ethnic minorities on the eve of the year 2000
by Bollini, Paola & Siem, Harald
- 829-835 Impact of user charges on vulnerable groups: The case of Kibwezi in rural Kenya
by Mbugua, J. Karanja & Bloom, Gerald H. & Segall, Malcolm M.
- 837-844 The social life of bonding theory
by Crouch, Mira & Manderson, Lenore
- 845-855 Research on lifestyles and health: Searching for meaning
by Dean, Kathryn & Colomer, Concha & Pérez-Hoyos, Santiago
- 857-862 Public health crises of cities in developing countries
by Wang'ombe, Joseph K.
- 863-872 Distribution spatiale de sieges anatomiques choisis de cancer au Quebec
by Gbary, A. R. & Philippe, P. & Ducic, S. & Beland, F.
- 873-881 Interruptive patterns in medical visits: The effects of role, status and gender
by Irish, Julie T. & Hall, Judith A.
- 883-891 'If this is what it's doing to our washing, what is it doing to our lungs?' Industrial pollution and public understanding in North-East England
by Moffatt, Suzanne & Phillimore, Peter & Bhopal, Raj & Foy, Christopher
- 893-899 Setting the agenda: Does the medical literature set the agenda for articles about medicines in the newspapers?
by Van Trigt, Anke M. & De Jong-Van Den Berg, Lolkje T. W. & Voogt, Linda M. & Willems, Jaap & T.Dirk Tromp, F. J. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M.
- 901-907 The social network of patients with schizoaffective disorder as compared to patients with diabetes and to healthy individuals
by Nettelbladt, Per & Svensson, Carina & Serin, Ulrika & Öjehagen, Agneta
1995, Volume 41, Issue 5
- 603-604 The 'permanent project syndrome': A counter productive consequence of philanthropy
by Wang'ombe, J. K.
- 605-607 Introduction
by Greenough, Paul
- 609-616 Global immunization--A medical perspective
by Wright, Peter F.
- 617-632 Vaccinations in the third world: A consideration of community demand
by Nichter, Mark
- 633-645 Intimidation, coercion and resistance in the final stages of the South Asian Smallpox Eradication Campaign, 1973-1975
by Greenough, Paul
- 647-656 Enhancing coverage and sustainability of vaccination programs: An explanatory framework with special reference to India
by Streefland, Pieter H.
- 657-671 Immunization to regulate fertility: Biological and cultural frameworks
by Schrater, Angeline Faye
- 673-686 Assumptions and contradictions in measles and measles immunization research: Is measles good for something?
by Aaby, Peter
- 687-698 Socioeconomic and spatial differentials in mortality and means of committing suicide in New South Wales, Australia, 1985-1991
by Burnley, I. H.
- 699-716 Aids and injecting drug use in the United Kingdom, 1987-1993: The policy response and the prevention of the epidemic
by Stimson, Gerry V.
- 717-723 Psychosocial work characteristics and cardiovascular disease risk factors in young adults: The CARDIA study
by Greenlund, Kurt J. & Liu, Kiang & Knox, Sarah & McCreath, Heather & Dyer, Alan R. & Gardin, Julius
- 725-732 Nutrition, maternal responsiveness and mental development of Ethiopian children
by Aboud, Frances E. & Alemu, Tadesse
- 733-738 Short stature as an effect of economic and social conditions in childhood
by Peck, Maria Nyström & Lundberg, Olle
- 739-745 Anticipated response to three common injuries by rural and remote area residents
by Veitch, P. C.
- 747-751 The development of a method for measuring anticipated illness behaviour in three common injuries
by Veitch, P. C.
1995, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 453-460 Health care reform in the United States: On the road to nowhere (again)?
by Barer, Morris L. & Marmor, Theodore R. & Morrison, Ellen M.
- 461-473 Cultural studies of biomedicine: An agenda for research
by Good, Mary-Jo Delvecchio
- 475-482 Equity of health care in Australia
by Lairson, David R. & Hindson, Paul & Hauquitz, Alan
- 483-489 The relationship between cost-effectiveness analysis and cost-benefit analysis
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 491-499 The social and political meaning of the silent epidemic of miners' phthisis, Bendigo 1860-1960
by Kippen, Sandra
- 501-509 Notions and treatment of guinea worm in Northern Ghana
by Bierlich, Bernhard
- 511-515 General practitioners' assessment of and interest in alternative medicine in Canada
by Verhoef, Marja J. & Sutherland, Lloyd R.
- 517-525 Powerlessness, health and mortality: A longitudinal study of older men and mature women
by Seeman, Melvin & Lewis, Susan
- 527-536 Maternal activity budgets: Feasibility of exclusive breastfeeding for six months among urban women in Honduras
by Cohen, Roberta J. & Haddix, Kimber & Hurtado, Elena & Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 537-545 Activists and delegators: Elderly patients' preferences about control at the end of life
by Kelner, Merrijoy
- 547-556 Predictors of emergency room use by homeless adults in New York City: The influence of predisposing, enabling and need factors
by Padgett, Deborah K. & Struening, Elmer L. & Andrews, Howard & Pittman, John
- 557-568 Attitudes towards people with HIV: Are they as stigmatizing as people with HIV perceive them to be?
by Green, Gill
- 569-577 Family planning practices and attitudes among former Soviet new immigrant women in Israel
by Remennick, Larissa I. & Amir, Delila & Elimelech, Yuval & Novikov, Yliya
- 579-594 An assessment of research on breastfeeding promotion strategies in developing countries
by Wilmoth, Teresa A. & Elder, John P.
- 595-596 Letter to the editor
by Akalin, Murat Z. & Maine, Deborah
1995, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 299-302 Understanding the AIDS epidemic and reacting sensibly to it
by Caldwell, John C.
- 303-315 Stigma, HIV and AIDS: An exploration and elaboration of a stigma trajectory
by Alonzo, Angelo A. & Reynolds, Nancy R.
- 317-332 Exploring the iceberg of morbidity: A comparison of different survey methods for assessing the occurrence of everyday illness
by Kooiker, S. E.
- 333-345 U.S. Apartheid and the spread of AIDS to the suburbs: A multi-city analysis of the political economy of spatial epidemic threshold
by Wallace, Rodrick & Wallace, Deborah
- 347-353 Decisional conflict in general practice: Strategies of patient management
by Di Caccavo, Antonietta & Reid, Fraser
- 355-363 Physician participation in Medicaid managed care
by Silverstein, Gail & Kirkman-Liff, Bradford
- 365-374 Determinants of persistent compliance with screening for colorectal cancer
by Neilson, Aileen R. & Whynes, David K.
- 375-381 Nemawashi essential for conducting research in Japan
by Fetters, Michael D.
- 383-393 Potties, pits and pipes: Explaining hygiene behaviour in Burkina Faso
by Curtis, Valerie & Kanki, Bernadette & Mertens, Thierry & Traore, Etienne & Diallo, Ibrahim & Tall, François & Cousens, Simon
- 395-407 Structural relationships between social support and coping
by Mccoll, Mary Ann & Lei, Hau & Skinner, Harvey
- 409-417 AIDS knowledge and risk behaviors among domestic clients of female sex workers in Bali, Indonesia
by Fajans, Peter & Ford, Kathleen & Wirawan, Dewa Nyoman
- 419-424 Socio-economic differences in smoking: Dutch adolescents' beliefs and behaviour
by De Vries, Hein
- 425-431 Socioeconomic equity in finnish hospital care in relation to need
by Keskimäki, Ilmo & Salinto, Marjo & Aro, Seppo
- 433-436 Acceptability of prenatal diagnosis of sickle cell anaemia (SCA) by female patients and parents of SCA patients in Nigeria
by Durosinmi, M. A. & Odebiyi, A. I. & Adediran, I. A. & Akinola, N. O. & Adegorioye, D. E. & Okunade, M. A.
- 437-446 Smoking and absence from work: Australian evidence
by Bush, Robert & Wooden, Mark
- 451-451 Letter to the editor
by Kleinman, Arthur
1995, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 151-153 General practice 1995--Caught in the fast lane
by Howie, J. G. R.
- 155-161 A pay-for-performance system for civil service doctors: The Indonesian experiment
by Chernichovsky, Dov & Bayulken, Caroline
- 163-171 Health inequalities in early adulthood: A comparison of young men and women in Britain and Finland
by Rahkonen, Ossi & Arber, Sara & Lahelma, Eero
- 173-180 'Doing the right thing': The symbolic meanings and experiences of having an HIV antibody test
by Lupton, Deborah & Mccarthy, Sophie & Chapman, Simon
- 181-195 Living with a chronic illness: Chinese-Canadian and Euro-Canadian women with diabetes--Exploring factors that influence management
by Anderson, J. M. & Wiggins, S. & Rajwani, R. & Holbrook, A. & Blue, C. & Ng, M.
- 197-210 Male gender roles and sexuality: Implications for women's AIDS risk and prevention
by Campbell, Carole A.
- 211-225 Bucking the health establishment: Alexander Milne and the fight for a New Zealand hepatitis B immunization program
by Muraskin, William
- 227-233 Maternal smoking among blacks and whites
by Andreski, Patricia & Breslau, Naomi
- 235-248 Lifestyle, health and social class in adolescence
by Glendinning, Anthony & Hendry, Leo & Shucksmith, Janet
- 249-260 The significance of belief and expectancy within the spiritual healing encounter
by Wirth, Daniel P.
- 261-266 Unaccompanied status as a risk factor in Vietnamese Amerasians
by Mckelvey, Robert S. & Webb, John A.
- 267-275 The development of a new methodology to assess perceived needs among indigenous Australians
by Perkins, J. J. & Sanson-Fisher, R. W. & Girgis, A. & Blunden, S. & Lunnay, D.
- 277-284 AIDS in Namibia
by Slotten, Ross A.
1995, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-1 120 years old: Why and at what price?
by Baszanger, Isabelle & Bungener, Martine
- 3-11 Geographically-decentralized planning and management in health care: Some informational issues and their implications for efficiency
by Hurley, Jeremiah & Birch, Stephen & Eyles, John
- 13-24 Contracting out of clinical services in Zimbabwe
by Mcpake, Barbara & Hongoro, Charles
- 25-36 Self-starvation in context: Towards a culturally sensitive understanding of anorexia nervosa
by Lee, Sing