Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
2002, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 23-31 Quality of registration of maternal deaths in Mozambique: a community-based study in rural and urban areas
by Songane, Francisco Ferreira & Bergström, Staffan
- 33-48 Cultural change and mental health in Greenland: the association of childhood conditions, language, and urbanization with mental health and suicidal thoughts among the Inuit of Greenland
by Bjerregaard, Peter & Curtis, Tine
- 49-64 Health care for the elderly: two cases of technology diffusion
by Dozet, Alexander & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Nystedt, Paul
- 65-77 Metropolitan area income inequality and self-rated health--a multi-level study
by Blakely, Tony A. & Lochner, Kimberly & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 79-91 An imperfect refuge: : life in an 'old folk's home' for younger residents with psychiatric disorders
by Jervis, Lori L.
- 93-104 Smoking and quitting: a qualitative study with community-living psychiatric clients
by Lawn, Sharon J. & Pols, Rene G. & Barber, James G.
- 105-117 Health-seeking behavior of Karachi women with reproductive tract infections
by Ishaq Bhatti, Lubna & Fikree, Fariyal F.
- 119-132 Characterization of household food insecurity in Québec: food and feelings
by Hamelin, Anne-Marie & Beaudry, Micheline & Habicht, Jean-Pierre
- 133-146 Compensating behaviors, regret, and heterogeneity in the dynamics of smoking behavior
by Xu, K. Tom
- 147-159 HIV serostatus and factors related to physical and mental well-being in Latina family AIDS caregivers
by Land, Helen & Hudson, Sharon
2001, Volume 53, Issue 12
- 1575-1585 Using an interactive framework of society and lifecourse to explain self-rated health in early adulthood
by Hertzman, Clyde & Power, Chris & Matthews, Sharon & Manor, Orly
- 1587-1597 An investigation into the cyclical incidence of dengue fever
by Keating, Joseph
- 1599-1609 Accessibility and spatial distribution of general practice services in an Australian city by levels of social disadvantage
by Hyndman, Jilda C. G. & Holman, C. D'Arcy J.
- 1611-1619 What determines health? To where should we shift resources? : Attitudes towards the determinants of health among multiple stakeholder groups in Prince Edward Island, Canada
by Eyles, John & Brimacombe, Michael & Chaulk, Paul & Stoddart, Greg & Pranger, Tina & Moase, Olive
- 1621-1630 Health behaviour, risk awareness and emotional well-being in students from Eastern Europe and Western Europe
by Steptoe, Andrew & Wardle, Jane
- 1631-1640 Cataract surgery in a community hospital outreach clinic: patients' costs and satisfaction
by Haynes, Robin & Gale, Susan & Mugford, Miranda & Davies, Peter
- 1641-1651 Determinants of general practitioner use among women in Australia
by Young, Anne F. & Dobson, Annette J. & Byles, Julie E.
- 1653-1666 Family effects on self-reported health among Russian wives and husbands
by Cubbins, Lisa A. & Szaflarski, Magdalena
- 1667-1681 The main determinants of infant mortality in Nepal
by Suwal, Juhee V.
- 1683-1696 Risk factors and child mortality among the Miao in Yunnan, Southwest China
by Foggin, Peter & Armijo-Hussein, Nagib & Marigaux, Céline & Zhu, Hui & Liu, Zeyuan
- 1697-1710 When the bough breaks: provider-initiated comprehensive care is more effective and less expensive for sole-support parents on social assistance
by Browne, Gina & Byrne, Carolyn & Roberts, Jacqueline & Gafni, Amiram & Whittaker, Susan
- 1711-1719 Deprivation and mortality: the implications of spatial autocorrelation for health resources allocation
by Lorant, Vincent & Thomas, Isabelle & Deliège, Denise & Tonglet, René
- 1721-1732 Medical audit: threat or opportunity for the medical profession. A comparative study of medical audit among medical specialists in general hospitals in the Netherlands and England, 1970-1999
by Herk, R. van & Klazinga, N. S. & Schepers, R. M. J. & Casparie, A. F.
2001, Volume 53, Issue 11
- 1413-1426 Determinants of HIV risk among Indian truck drivers
by Bryan, Angela D. & Fisher, Jeffrey D. & Joseph Benziger, T.
- 1427-1438 The death of a Princess and the formulation of medical competence
by Nurok, Michael
- 1439-1453 The role of cultural and economic determinants in mortality decline in the Netherlands, 1875/1879-1920/1924: a regional analysis
by Wolleswinkel-van den Bosch, J. H. & van Poppel, F. W. A. & Looman, C. W. N. & Mackenbach, J. P.
- 1455-1460 Male complications of female genital mutilation
by Almroth, Lars & Almroth-Berggren, Vanja & Mahmoud Hassanein, Osman & Salah Eldin Al-Said, Said & Siddiq Alamin Hasan, Sharif & Lithell, Ulla-Britt & Bergström, Staffan
- 1461-1468 Promoting travel clinic referrals: exploring partnerships for healthier travel
by MacDougall, Laura & Gyorkos, Theresa
- 1469-1479 Assessing mental capacity in Canadian Aboriginal seniors
by Cattarinich, Xavier & Gibson, Nancy & Cave, Andrew J.
- 1481-1490 Legal abortion: a painful necessity
by Kero, A. & Högberg, U. & Jacobsson, L. & Lalos, A.
- 1491-1502 Third sector primary care for vulnerable populations
by Crampton, Peter & Dowell, Anthony & Woodward, Alistair
- 1503-1511 Spirituality and well-being: an exploratory study of the patient perspective
by Daaleman, Timothy P. & Cobb, Ann Kuckelman & Frey, Bruce B.
- 1513-1524 Sources of support and the physical and mental well-being of young women with breast cancer
by Bloom, Joan R. & Stewart, Susan L. & Johnston, Monica & Banks, Priscilla & Fobair, Patricia
- 1525-1539 Women's health in a rural setting in societal transition in Ethiopia
by Berhane, Y. & Gossaye, Y. & Emmelin, M. & Hogberg, U.
- 1541-1556 Staying healthy: the salience and meaning of health maintenance behaviors among rural older adults in North Carolina
by Arcury, Thomas A. & Quandt, Sara A. & Bell, Ronny A.
2001, Volume 53, Issue 10
- 1261-1273 Consequences of disease: testing the WHO International Classification of Impairments, Disabilities and Handicaps (ICIDH) model
by Johnston, Marie & Pollard, Beth
- 1275-1285 A psychometric analysis of the measurement level of the rating scale, time trade-off, and standard gamble
by Cook, Karon F. & Ashton, Carol M. & Byrne, Margaret M. & Brody, Baruch & Geraci, Jane & Giesler, R. Brian & Hanita, Makoto & Souchek, Julianne & Wray, Nelda P.
- 1287-1301 Psycho-social determinants for sexual partner referral in Uganda: Quantitative results
by Nuwaha, F. & Faxelid, E. & Wabwire-Mangen, F. & Eriksson, C. & Höjer, B.
- 1303-1320 La Familia: methodological issues in the assessment of perinatal social support for Mexicanas living in the United States
by Clark, Lauren
- 1321-1334 Language acquisition, unemployment and depressive disorder among Southeast Asian refugees: a 10-year study
by Beiser, Morton & Hou, Feng
- 1335-1350 Relationship between outpatients' perceptions of physicians' communication styles and patients' anxiety levels in a Japanese oncology setting
by Takayama, Tomoko & Yamazaki, Yoshihiko & Katsumata, Noriyuki
- 1351-1362 Lifestyle incongruity, social integration, and immune function in Samoan adolescents
by McDade, Thomas W.
- 1363-1372 Care seeking in Sri Lanka: one possible explanation for low childhood mortality
by Amarasiri de Silva, M. W. & Wijekoon, Ananda & Hornik, Robert & Martines, Jose
- 1373-1381 General subjective health status or age-related subjective health status: does it make a difference?
by Baron-Epel, Orna & Kaplan, Giora
- 1383-1396 "No strength": sex and old age in a rural town in Ghana
by van der Geest, Sjaak
2001, Volume 53, Issue 9
- 1115-1124 Cluster and regional influences on suicide in a Southwestern American Indian tribe
by Wissow, Lawrence S. & Walkup, John & Barlow, Allison & Reid, Raymond & Kane, Scott
- 1125-1134 Hong Kong Chinese daughters' intergenerational caregiving obligations: : a cultural model approach
by Holroyd, Eleanor
- 1135-1148 Infant care practices in New Zealand: a cross-cultural qualitative study
by Abel, Sally & Park, Julie & Tipene-Leach, David & Finau, Sitaleki & Lennan, Michele
- 1149-1162 Equity of access to health care services: : Theory and evidence from the UK
by Goddard, Maria & Smith, Peter
- 1163-1174 Gendered embodiment and survival for young people with cystic fibrosis
by Willis, Evan & Miller, Rosemary & Wyn, Johanna
- 1175-1189 Public health responses for skin cancer prevention: the policy framing of Sun Safety in Australia, Canada and England
by Garvin, Theresa & Eyles, John
- 1191-1204 Health needs of the Roma population in the Czech and Slovak Republics
by Koupilová, Ilona & Epstein, Helen & Holcík, Jan & Hajioff, Steve & McKee, Martin
- 1205-1215 Exposure, resistance, and recovery: a three-dimensional framework for the study of mortality from infectious disease
by Kirby, James B.
- 1217-1225 From salvation to civics: service to the sick in nursing discourse
by Nelson, Sioban
- 1227-1236 Life disruption and generic complexity: a social linguistic analysis of narratives of cancer illness
by Jordens, Christopher F. C. & Little, Miles & Paul, Kim & Sayers, Emma-Jane
- 1237-1246 Cross-cultural surveys of adolescent health and behavior: progress and problems
by Michaud, Pierre-André & Blum, Robert W. & Slap, Gail B.
- 1247-1257 Accommodation, resistance and transcendence: three narratives of autism
by Gray, David E.
2001, Volume 53, Issue 8
- 989-1002 When protocols fail: technical evaluation, biomedical knowledge, and the social production of 'facts' about a telemedicine clinic
by May, Carl & Ellis, Nicola T.
- 1003-1009 A study of demographic changes under sustained below-replacement fertility in Hong Kong SAR
by Yip, Paul S. F. & Lee, Joseph & Chan, Beda & Au, Jade
- 1011-1021 'They've forgotten that I'm the mum': constructing and practising motherhood in special care nurseries
by Lupton, Deborah & Fenwick, Jennifer
- 1023-1036 Demand for health care in Denmark: results of a national sample survey using contingent valuation
by Gyldmark, Marlene & Morrison, Gwendolyn C.
- 1037-1043 Using time-series analyses to detect the health effects of medical care reforms: : a Norwegian example
by Catalano, Ralph & Hansen, Hans-Tore
- 1045-1056 Utilisation of private care by public primary care clinic attenders with diabetes: : relationship to health status and social factors
by Gulliford, Martin C. & Mahabir, Deepak
- 1057-1066 Is hospital case management a rationalized myth?
by Roggenkamp, Susan D. & White, Kenneth R.
- 1067-1080 'Smoke like a man, die like a man'?: A review of the relationship between gender, sex and lung cancer
by Payne, Sarah
- 1081-1094 Medicine betrayed: hemophilia patients and HIV in the US
by Keshavjee, Salmaan & Weiser, Sheri & Kleinman, Arthur
- 1095-1112 Mot Luuk problems in northeast Thailand: why women's own health concerns matter as much as disease rates
by Boonmongkon, Pimpawun & Nichter, Mark & Pylypa, Jen
2001, Volume 53, Issue 7
- 845-863 Navigating the time-space context of HIV and AIDS: : daily routines and access to care
by Takahashi, Lois M. & Wiebe, Douglas & Rodriguez, Rigoberto
- 865-878 Gender and health services use for a mental health problem
by Albizu-Garcia, Carmen E. & Alegría, Margarita & Freeman, Daniel & Vera, Mildred
- 879-894 Adoption of smart cards in the medical sector: : the Canadian experience
by Aubert, Benoit A. & Hamel, Geneviève
- 895-913 Innovation and regulation in human implant technologies: developing comparative approaches
by Faulkner, Alex & Kent, Julie
- 915-925 Social deprivation, income inequality, social cohesion and dental caries in Brazilian school children
by Pattussi, Marcos Pascoal & Marcenes, Wagner & Croucher, Ray & Sheiham, Aubrey
- 927-941 In their own words: a model of healthy aging
by Bryant, Lucinda L. & Corbett, Kitty K. & Kutner, Jean S.
- 943-955 The reprofessionalisation of community pharmacy? An exploration of attitudes to extended roles for community pharmacists amongst pharmacists and General Practioners in the United Kingdom
by Edmunds, June & Calnan, Michael W.
- 957-967 The effects of sex and age of responders on the reliability of self-diagnosed infection: a study of self-reported urinary schistosomiasis in Tanzanian school children
by Ansell, Juliet & Guyatt, Helen & Hall, Andrew & Kihamia, Charles & Bundy, Donald
- 969-970 Estimating the employment and earnings costs of mental illness--recent developments in the United States, Marcotte and Wilcox-Gok
by Koopmanschap, Marc A.
2001, Volume 53, Issue 6
- 693-706 The dilemma of "to-be or not-to-be": needs and expectations of the Taiwanese cadaveric organ donor families during the pre-donation transition
by Shih, Fu-Jin & Lai, Ming-Kuen & Lin, Min-Heuy & Lin, Hui-Ying & Tsao, Chuan-I & Duh, Bau-Ruei & Chu, Shu-Hsun
- 707-719 Ethical issues and the importance of consensus for the intensive care team
by Melia, Kath M.
- 721-732 Decisions about treatment: interpretations of two measures of control by women having a hysterectomy
by Entwistle, Vikki A. & Skea, Zoë C. & O'Donnell, Máire T.
- 733-743 Post-modernity and post-traumatic stress disorder
by Bracken, Patrick J.
- 745-757 Understanding the role of opinion leaders in improving clinical effectiveness
by Locock, Louise & Dopson, Sue & Chambers, David & Gabbay, John
- 759-771 Marital fertility in Lebanon: a study based on the population and housing survey
by Beydoun, May A.
- 773-774 Health and variation in deprivation: commentary on Boyle et al
by Houghton, Frank T
- 775-775 Reply to commentary: health and variation in deprivation
by Boyle, Paul J & Gatrell, Anthony C & Duke-Williams, Oliver
- 777-793 Understanding the role of contextual influences on local health-care decision making: case study results from Ontario, Canada
by Abelson, Julia
- 795-799 Do area-level population change, deprivation and variations in deprivation affect individual-level self-reported limiting long-term illness?
by Boyle, Paul J. & Gatrell, Anthony C. & Duke-Williams, Oliver
- 801-816 On the methodological, theoretical and philosophical context of health inequalities research: a critique
by Forbes, Angus & Wainwright, Steven P.
- 817-830 Does class matter? SES and psychosocial health among Hungarian adolescents
by Piko, Bettina & Fitzpatrick, Kevin M.
2001, Volume 53, Issue 5
- 553-567 Feminism meets the "new" epidemiologies: toward an appraisal of antifeminist biases in epidemiological research on women's health
by Inhorn, Marcia C. & Whittle, K. Lisa
- 569-578 Comorbid depressive symptomatology: isolating the effects of chronic medical conditions on self-reported depressive symptoms among community-dwelling older adults
by Mills, Terry L.
- 579-591 Neighbourhood and family influences on the cognitive ability of children in the British National Child Development Study
by McCulloch, Andrew & Joshi, Heather E.
- 593-602 Anxious adults vs. cool children: children's views on smoking and addiction
by Rugkåsa, Jorun & Knox, Barbara & Sittlington, Julie & Kennedy, Orla & Treacy, Margaret P. & Abaunza, Pilar Santos
- 603-614 Sense of coherence and school-related stress as predictors of subjective health complaints in early adolescence: interactive, indirect or direct relationships?
by Torsheim, Torbjorn & Aaroe, Leif Edvard & Wold, Bente
- 615-626 Living a 'normal' life: young people coping with thalassaemia major or sickle cell disorder
by Atkin, Karl & Ahmad, Waqar I. U.
- 627-638 Down's syndrome: cost, quality and value of life
by Alderson, Priscilla
- 639-656 Closing medical encounters: two physician practices and their implications for the expression of patients' unstated concerns
by Robinson, Jeffrey D.
- 657-667 Male physicians' narratives about being in ethically difficult care situations in paediatrics
by V, Sørlie & Førde, R. & Lindseth, A. & Norberg, A.
- 669-677 Taking responsibility for cancer treatment
by Deadman, J. M. & Leinster, S. J. & Owens, R. G. & Dewey, M. E. & Slade, P. D.
- 679-691 Declining the offer of flexible sigmoidoscopy screening for bowel cancer: : a qualitative investigation of the decision-making process
by McCaffery, Kirsten & Borril, Jo & Williamson, Sara & Taylor, Tamara & Sutton, Stephen & Atkin, Wendy & Wardle, Jane
2001, Volume 53, Issue 4
- 405-421 Organ donation and family decision-making within the Spanish donation system
by Martínez, José M. & López, Jorge S. & Martín, Antonio & Martín, María J. & Scandroglio, Barbara & Martín, José M.
- 423-440 Children's emotional and behavioural well-being and the family environment: findings from the Health Survey for England
by McMunn, Anne M. & Nazroo, James Y. & Marmot, Michael G. & Boreham, Richard & Goodman, Robert
- 441-453 Debt, social disadvantage and maternal depression
by Reading, Richard & Reynolds, Shirley
- 455-464 Chinese seniors' perspectives on end-of-life decisions
by Bowman, Kerry W. & Singer, Peter A.
- 465-476 Perceptions of illness causation among new referrals to a community mental health team: "explanatory model" or "exploratory map"?
by Williams, Brian & Healy, David
- 477-485 The socioeconomic position of employed women, risk factors and mortality
by Heslop, Pauline & Davey Smith, George & Macleod, John & Hart, Carole
- 487-505 Giving voice to the lifeworld. More humane, more effective medical care? A qualitative study of doctor-patient communication in general practice
by Barry, Christine A. & Stevenson, Fiona A. & Britten, Nicky & Barber, Nick & Bradley, Colin P.
- 507-518 Variations in general practitioners' views of asthma management in four European countries
by Wahlström, R. & Lagerløv, P. & Stålsby Lundborg, C. & Veninga, C. C. M. & Hummers-Pradier, E. & Dahlgren, L. O. & Denig, P.
- 519-529 The convergence of vulnerable characteristics and health insurance in the US
by Shi, Leiyu
- 531-542 Legalized, regulated, but unfunded: midwifery's laborious professionalization in Alberta, Canada, 1975-99
by McKendry, Rachael & Langford, Tom
2001, Volume 53, Issue 3
- 265-275 A hierarchical analysis of long-term illness and mortality in socially deprived areas
by Malmström, Marianne & Johansson, SvenErik & Sundquist, Jan
- 277-292 Children's behaviour and the urban environment: an ecological analysis
by LeClair, James A.
- 293-303 Do high levels of unemployment influence the health of those who are not unemployed? A gendered comparison of young men and women during boom and recession
by Novo, Mehmed & Hammarström, Anne & Janlert, Urban
- 305-320 Unemployment and psychosocial adjustment in young adults: causation or selection?
by Fergusson, David M. & John Horwood, L. & Woodward, Lianne J.
- 321-332 Health psychology and the study of the case: from method to analytic concern
by Radley, Alan & Chamberlain, Kerry
- 333-348 Evaluation of community-based rehabilitation for disabled persons in developing countries
by Evans, P. J. & Zinkin, P. & Harpham, T. & Chaudury, G.
- 349-356 British psychiatry in the 20th century -- observations from a psychiatric journal
by Moncrieff, Joanna & Crawford, M. J.
- 357-369 Physician-patient communication about over-the-counter medications
by Sleath, Betsy & Rubin, Richard H. & Campbell, William & Gwyther, Lisa & Clark, Trina
- 371-382 Sexual cleansing (Kusalazya) and levirate marriage (Kunjilila mung'anda) in the era of AIDS: changes in perceptions and practices in Zambia
by Malungo, J. R. S.
- 383-392 Determinants of the intention of Dutch adolescents to register as organ donors
by Reubsaet, Astrid & van den Borne, Bart & Brug, Johannes & Pruyn, Jean & van Hooff, Hans
- 393-397 Sex selection in practice among Hong Kong Chinese
by Wong, S. F. & Ho, L. C.
2001, Volume 53, Issue 2
- 153-164 Anthropological perspectives on alcohol and drugs at the turn of the new millennium
by Marshall, Mac & Ames, Genevieve M. & Bennett, Linda A.
- 165-188 Socio-cultural anthropology and alcohol and drug research: : towards a unified theory
by Hunt, Geoffrey & Barker, Judith C.
- 189-198 Intoxication and bad behaviour: understanding cultural differences in the link
by Room, Robin
- 199-213 Toward a bio-cultural and political economic integration of alcohol, tobacco and drug studies in the coming century
by Singer, Merrill
- 215-226 Assessing alcohol consumption: developments from qualitative research methods
by Strunin, Lee
- 227-240 Culture and the restoration of self among former American Indian drinkers
by Spicer, Paul
- 241-250 "These young chaps think they are just men, too": redistributing masculinity in Kgatleng bars
by Suggs, David N.
- 251-262 "Take my water": : liberation through prohibition in San Pedro Chenalhó, Chiapas, Mexico
by Eber, Christine
2001, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 1-8 Social deprivation and psychiatric service use for different diagnostic groups
by Peen, Jaap & Dekker, Jack
- 9-19 Does the state you live in make a difference? Multilevel analysis of self-rated health in the US
by Subramanian, S. V. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Kennedy, Bruce P.
- 21-27 Estimating the employment and earnings costs of mental illness: recent developments in the United States
by Marcotte, Dave E. & Wilcox-Gök, Virginia
- 29-40 Socioeconomic disparities in health change in a longitudinal study of US adults: the role of health-risk behaviors
by Lantz, Paula M. & Lynch, John W. & House, James S. & Lepkowski, James M. & Mero, Richard P. & Musick, Marc A. & Williams, David R.
- 41-53 Models of acculturation and health behaviors among Latino immigrants to the US
by Arcia, E. & Skinner, M. & Bailey, D. & Correa, V.
- 55-70 Defining the "urban" in urbanization and health: a factor analysis approach
by McDade, Thomas W. & Adair, Linda S.
- 71-81 Casuistry as bioethical method: an empirical perspective
by Braunack-Mayer, Annette
- 83-97 Intrahousehold resource allocation and child growth in Mozambique: an ethnographic case-control study
by Pfeiffer, James & Gloyd, Stephen & Li, Lucy Ramirez
- 99-121 Condom use, power and HIV/AIDS risk: sex-workers bargain for survival in Hillbrow/Joubert Park/Berea, Johannesburg
by Wojcicki, Janet Maia & Malala, Josephine
- 123-133 What do women want? Women's experiences of infertility treatment
by Malin, Maili & Hemminki, Elina & Räikkönen, Outi & Sihvo, Sinikka & Perälä, M-L
- 135-145 The social context of health selection: a longitudinal study of health and employment
by McDonough, Peggy & Amick, Benjamin C.
2001, Volume 52, Issue 12
- 1763-1775 Developing socio-spatial knowledge networks: : a qualitative methodology for chronic disease prevention
by Cravey, Altha J. & Washburn, Sarah A. & Gesler, Wilbert M. & Arcury, Thomas A. & Skelly, Anne H.
- 1777-1791 The impacts of distance to hospital on families with a child with a chronic condition
by Yantzi, Nicole & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Burke, Sharon O. & Harrison, Margaret B.
- 1793-1804 Impact of rural hospital closures in Saskatchewan, Canada
by Liu, Liyan & Hader, Joanne & Brossart, Bonnie & White, Robin & Lewis, Steven
- 1805-1813 Orientations to motherhood and male partner support among women in Mexico and Mexican-origin women in the United States
by Guendelman, Sylvia & Malin, Christina & Herr-Harthorn, Barbara & Noemi Vargas, Patricia
- 1815-1826 Adolescent girls, illegal abortions and "sugar-daddies" in Dar es Salaam: vulnerable victims and active social agents
by Silberschmidt, Margrethe & Rasch, Vibeke
- 1827-1841 "The tongue is venomous": perception, verbalisation and manipulation of mortality and fertility regimes in rural Mali
by Castle, Sarah
- 1843-1857 Effect of orthographic and phonological similarity on false recognition of drug names
by Lambert, Bruce L. & Chang, Ken-Yu & Lin, Swu-Jane
- 1859-1864 Patients' perceptions of medical care in chronic fatigue syndrome
by Deale, Alicia & Wessely, Simon
- 1865-1878 Sharing decisions in cancer care
by Gattellari, Melina & Butow, Phyllis N. & Tattersall, Martin H. N.
- 1879-1887 Social inequalities in ischaemic heart and cerebrovascular disease mortality in men: Spain and France, 1980-1982 and 1988-1990
by Lostao, Lourdes & Regidor, Enrique & Aïach, Pierre & Domínguez, Vicente
- 1889-1901 Resisting and promoting new technologies in clinical practice: the case of telepsychiatry
by May, Carl & Gask, Linda & Atkinson, Theresa & Ellis, Nicola & Mair, Frances & Esmail, Aneez
- 1903-1915 The impact of privatization on access in Tanzania
by Benson, John S.
2001, Volume 52, Issue 11
- 1613-1627 'I think condoms are good but, aai, I hate those things': : condom use among adolescents and young people in a Southern African township
by MacPhail, Catherine & Campbell, Catherine
- 1629-1641 Trends in healthy life expectancy in the United States, 1970-1990: gender, racial, and educational differences
by Crimmins, Eileen M. & Saito, Yasuhiko
- 1643-1659 "Being dealt with as a whole person." Care seeking and adherence: the benefits of culturally competent care
by Schilder, Arn J. & Kennedy, Cornelis & Goldstone, Irene L. & Ogden, Russel D. & Hogg, Robert S. & O'Shaughnessy, Michael V.
- 1661-1676 Perceived control in relation to socioeconomic and behavioral resources for health
by Bailis, Daniel S. & Segall, Alexander & Mahon, Michael J. & Chipperfield, Judith G. & Dunn, Elaine M.
- 1677-1687 The ethics of social risk reduction in the era of the biological brain
by Schrecker, Ted & Acosta, Lisa & Somerville, Margaret A. & Bursztajn, Harold J.
- 1689-1707 The closure of rural hospitals in Saskatchewan: method or madness?
by Lepnurm, Rein & Lepnurm, Marje K.
- 1709-1718 Emerging paradigms in the mental health care of refugees
by Watters, Charles
- 1719-1727 On reflection: : doctors learning to care for people who are dying
by MacLeod, Roderick D.
- 1729-1740 Recurrent symptoms: well-being and management
by Musil, Carol M. & Morris, Diana L. & Haug, Marie R. & Warner, Camille B. & Whelan, Adriana T.
- 1741-1750 Transitions of employment status among suicide attempters during a severe economic recession
by Ostamo, Aini & Lahelma, Eero & Lönnqvist, Jouko
- 1751-1754 GIS approaches to the problem of disease clusters: a brief commentary
by Koch, Tom & Denike, Ken
2001, Volume 52, Issue 10
- 1477-1489 Patient' voices, social movements and the habitus; how psychiatric survivors 'speak out
by Crossley, Michele L. & Crossley, Nick
- 1491-1499 Exchanging spare parts or becoming a new person? People's attitudes toward receiving and donating organs
by Sanner, Margareta A.
- 1501-1516 Poor people, poor places, and poor health: the mediating role of social networks and social capital
by Cattell, Vicky
- 1517-1524 Efficacy of a minimal intervention to reduce fat intake
by Armitage, Christopher J. & Conner, Mark
- 1525-1535 HIV/AIDS institutional discrimination in Switzerland
by Dubois-Arber, Françoise & Haour-Knipe, Mary
- 1537-1550 Beyond health gain: : the range of health system benefits expressed by social groups in Mexico and Central America
by Angel González Block, Miguel Angle & Sandiford, Peter & Arturo Ruiz, José & Rovira, Joan
- 1551-1564 Disadvantaged persons' participation in health promotion projects: some structural dimensions
by Boyce, William F.
- 1565-1575 Gender differences in descriptions of angina symptoms and health problems immediately prior to angiography: the ACRE study
by Philpott, Sue & Boynton, Petra M. & Feder, Gene & Hemingway, Harry
- 1577-1587 Adolescent perceptions of smoking imagery in film
by McCool, Judith P. & Cameron, Linda D. & Petrie, Keith J.
- 1589-1605 Organochlorines and breast cancer: : the uses of scientific evidence in claimsmaking
by Driedger, S. Michelle & Eyles, John
2001, Volume 52, Issue 9
- 1313-1327 Older people and AIDS: quantitative evidence of the impact in Thailand
by Knodel, John & VanLandingham, Mark & Saengtienchai, Chanpen & Im-em, Wassana
- 1329-1341 Predictors of decline in self-assessments of health among older people -- a 5-year longitudinal study
by Leinonen, Raija & Heikkinen, Eino & Jylhä, Marja
- 1343-1358 When nurses double as interpreters: a study of Spanish-speaking patients in a US primary care setting
by Elderkin-Thompson, Virginia & Cohen Silver, Roxane & Waitzkin, Howard
- 1359-1370 Service quality perceptions and patient satisfaction: a study of hospitals in a developing country
by Andaleeb, Syed Saad
- 1371-1390 Income and health: the time dimension
by Benzeval, Michaela & Judge, Ken
- 1391-1402 The relationship between heart problems and mortality in different social classes
by Kåreholt, Ingemar
- 1403-1416 Malevolent Ogbanje: recurrent reincarnation or sickle cell disease?
by Nzewi, Esther
- 1417-1432 Writing wrongs? An analysis of published discourses about the use of patient information leaflets
by Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 1433-1440 A family history of breast cancer: women's experiences from a theoretical perspective
by Rees, G. & Fry, A. & Cull, A.
- 1441-1450 Return to work after myocardial infarction/coronary artery bypass grafting: patients' and physicians' initial viewpoints and outcome 12 months later
by Mittag, O. & Kolenda, K. -D. & Nordmann, K. -J. & Bernien, J. & Maurischat, C.
- 1451-1458 Immigrant women's health
by Meadows, Lynn M. & Thurston, Wilfreda E. & Melton, Christina
- 1459-1470 Estimating time preferences for health using discrete choice experiments
by van der Pol, Marjon & Cairns, John
2001, Volume 52, Issue 8
- 1151-1166 Comparative institutional response to economic policy managed competition and governmentality
by Light, Donald W.
- 1167-1181 Managed competition, governmentality and institutional response in the United Kingdom
by Light, Donald W.
- 1183-1194 The marginal success of regulated competition policy in the Netherlands
by Lieverdink, Harm
- 1195-1204 Cost containment, solidarity and cautious experimentation: Swedish dilemmas
by Andersen, Ronald & Smedby, Björn & Vågerö, Denny
- 1205-1217 Adopting and adapting managed competition: health care reform in Southern Europe
by Cabiedes, Laura & Guillén, Ana
- 1219-1231 Implementing managed competition in Israel
by Gross, Revital & Harrison, Michael
- 1233-1242 Transforming health sectors: new logics of organizing in the New Zealand health system
by Fougere, Geoff
- 1243-1253 Managed care in Latin America: the new common sense in health policy reform
by Iriart, Celia & Elías Merhy, Emerson & Waitzkin, Howard
- 1255-1268 Biofantasies: genetics and medicine in the print news media
by Petersen, Alan
- 1269-1284 Does childhood health affect chronic morbidity in later life?
by Blackwell, Debra L. & Hayward, Mark D. & Crimmins, Eileen M.
- 1285-1296 Ethnic and class differences in health in relation to British South Asians: using the new National Statistics Socio-Economic Classification
by Chandola, Tarani
- 1297-1311 Socioeconomic status and health among older adults in Thailand: an examination using multiple indicators
by Zimmer, Zachary & Amornsirisomboon, Pattama
2001, Volume 52, Issue 7
- 985-998 What do patients expect of psychiatric services? A systematic and critical review of empirical studies
by Noble, Lorraine M. & Douglas, Brian C. & Newman, Stanton P.
- 999-1005 Morbidity and Irish Catholic descent in Britain : Relating health disadvantage to socio-economic position
by Abbotts, Joanne & Williams, Rory & Ford, Graeme
- 1007-1012 Establishing the causes of childhood mortality in Ghana: the 'spirit child'
by Allotey, Pascale & Reidpath, Daniel
- 1013-1028 The medicalization of female "circumcision": harm reduction or promotion of a dangerous practice?
by Shell-Duncan, Bettina