Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2002, Volume 55, Issue 5
- 755-774 An analysis of private health insurance purchasing decisions with national health insurance in Taiwan
by Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Chin-Shyan
- 775-790 Gender, family, and the nutritional status of children in three culturally contrasting states of India
by Griffiths, Paula & Matthews, Zoë & Hinde, Andrew
- 791-802 Alcohol mortality: a comparison of spatial clustering methods
by Hanson, Craig E. & Wieczorek, William F.
- 803-821 Risking risk: the influence of types of capital and social networks on the injection practices of drug users
by Lovell, Anne M.
- 823-834 Is low self-esteem an inevitable consequence of stigma? An example from women with chronic mental health problems
by Camp, D. L. & Finlay, W. M. L. & Lyons, E.
- 835-845 Cultural stereotypes of women from South Asian communities: mental health care professionals' explanations for patterns of suicide and depression
by Burr, J.
- 847-861 Social variation in self-rated health in Estonia: a cross-sectional study
by Leinsalu, Mall
- 863-880 Social inequality in educational achievement and psychosocial adjustment throughout childhood: magnitude and mechanisms
by Sacker, Amanda & Schoon, Ingrid & Bartley, Mel
2002, Volume 55, Issue 4
- 517-527 Euthanasia, assisted suicide, and cessation of life support: Japan's policy, law, and an analysis of whistle blowing in two recent mercy killing cases
by Akabayashi, Akira
- 529-544 Women's perceptions of iron deficiency and anemia prevention and control in eight developing countries
by Galloway, Rae & Dusch, Erin & Elder, Leslie & Achadi, Endang & Grajeda, Ruben & Hurtado, Elena & Favin, Mike & Kanani, Shubhada & Marsaban, Julie & Meda, Nicolas & Mona Moore, K. & Morison, Linda. & Raina, Neena & Rajaratnam, Jolly & Rodriquez, Javier & Stephen, Chitra
- 545-557 What is a 'planned' pregnancy? empirical data from a British study
by Barrett, Geraldine & Wellings, Kaye
- 559-570 Watching the clock: keeping time during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum experiences
by Simonds, Wendy
- 571-584 Understanding household demand for indoor air pollution control in developing countries
by Larson, Bruce A. & Rosen, Sydney
- 585-592 Polygyny, maternal HIV status and child survival: Rakai, Uganda
by Brahmbhatt, Heena & Bishai, David & Wabwire-Mangen, Fred & Kigozi, Godfrey & Wawer, Maria & Gray, Ronald H.
- 593-608 Why is less money spent on health care for the elderly than for the rest of the population? Health care rationing in German hospitals
by Brockmann, Hilke
- 609-625 Analysing changes of health inequalities in the Nordic welfare states
by Lahelma, Eero & Kivelä, Katariina & Roos, Eva & Tuominen, Terhi & Dahl, Espen & Diderichsen, Finn & Elstad, Jon Ivar & Lissau, Inge & Lundberg, Olle & Rahkonen, Ossi & Rasmussen, Niels Kristian & Yngwe, Monica Åberg
- 627-641 Impact of improvement of water supply on household economy in a squatter area of Manila
by Aiga, Hirotsugu & Umenai, Takusei
- 643-657 Ethnic identities, social capital and health inequalities: factors shaping African-Caribbean participation in local community networks in the UK
by Campbell, Catherine & McLean, Carl
- 659-672 The impact of the 9-21 earthquake experiences of Taiwanese nurses as rescuers
by Shih, Fu-Jin & Liao, Yen-Chi & Chan, Shiu-Mei & Duh, Bau-Ruei & Gau, Meei-Ling
- 673-679 Cohabitation and marital status as predictors of mortality--an eight year follow-up study
by Lund, Rikke & Due, Pernille & Modvig, Jens & Holstein, Bjørn Evald & Damsgaard, Mogens Trab & Andersen, Per Kragh
- 681-690 Smoking and young women in Vietnam: the influence of normative gender roles
by Morrow, Martha & Ngoc, Do Hong & Hoang, Truong Trong & Trinh, Tran Hue
2002, Volume 55, Issue 3
- 385-396 The resurgence of disease: social and historical perspectives on the 'new' tuberculosis
by Gandy, Matthew & Zumla, Alimuddin
- 397-398 Commentary on 'the resurgence of disease: social and historical perspectives on the 'new' tuberculosis'
by Porter, John D. H. & Ogden, Jessica A.
- 399-401 Theorizing tuberculosis: a reply to Porter and Ogden
by Gandy, Matthew & Zumla, Alimuddin
- 403-413 Medical syncretism with reference to malaria in a Tanzanian community
by Hausmann Muela, Susanna & Muela Ribera, Joan & Mushi, Adiel K. & Tanner, Marcel
- 415-424 Multilevel analysis of situational drinking among Canadian undergraduates
by Demers, Andrée & Kairouz, Sylvia & Adlaf, Edward & Gliksman, Louis & Newton-Taylor, Brenda & Marchand, Alain
- 425-435 Secondhand effects of student alcohol use reported by neighbors of colleges: the role of alcohol outlets
by Wechsler, Henry & Lee, Jae Eun & Hall, John & Wagenaar, Alexander C. & Lee, Hang
- 437-450 Husbands and maternal health matters in rural Guatemala: wives' reports on their spouses' involvement in pregnancy and birth
by Carter, Marion
- 451-465 Habit versus choice: the process of decision-making in health-related behaviour
by Lindbladh, Eva & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus
- 467-481 Gender gaps, gender traps: sexual identity and vulnerability to sexually transmitted diseases among women in Vietnam
by Go, Vivian Fei-ling & Quan, Vu Minh & Chung, A & Zenilman, Jonathan & Hanh, Vu Thi Minh & Celentano, David
- 483-496 Seeking trust and transcendence: sexual risk-taking among Vietnamese youth
by Gammeltoft, Tine
- 497-507 A risky business: the detection of adverse drug reactions in clinical trials and post-marketing exercises
by Corrigan, Oonagh P.
2002, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 191-209 Social environment, life challenge, and health among the elderly in Taiwan
by Beckett, Megan & Goldman, Noreen & Weinstein, Maxine & Lin, I-Fen & Chuang, Yi-Li
- 211-226 Accounting for unprotected sex: stories of agency and acceptability
by Rhodes, Tim & Cusick, Linda
- 227-234 Public trust in Dutch health care
by Straten, G. F. M. & Friele, R. D. & Groenewegen, P. P.
- 235-246 Increasing drug users' adherence to HIV treatment: results of a peer-driven intervention feasibility study
by Broadhead, Robert S. & Heckathorn, Douglas D. & Altice, Frederick L. & van Hulst, Yaël & Carbone, Michael & Friedland, Gerald H. & O'Connor, Patrick G. & Selwyn, Peter A.
- 247-256 Chronic fatigue, abuse-related traumatization, and psychiatric disorders in a community-based sample
by Taylor, Renée R. & Jason, Leonard A.
- 257-267 Learning to live with glaucoma: a qualitative study of diagnosis and the impact of sight loss
by Green, Judith & Siddall, Helen & Murdoch, Ian
- 269-282 Participatory evaluation of reproductive health care quality in developing countries
by Bradley, Janet E. & Mayfield, Marcia V. & Mehta, Manisha P. & Rukonge, Anatole
- 283-299 The impact of general practitioners' patient-centredness on patients' post-consultation satisfaction and enablement
by Mead, Nicola & Bower, Peter & Hann, Mark
- 301-311 Physician-patient communication and patient satisfaction in Japanese cancer consultations
by Ishikawa, Hirono & Takayama, Tomoko & Yamazaki, Yoshihiko & Seki, Yukiko & Katsumata, Noriyuki
- 313-322 The uneven tides of the health transition
by Heuveline, Patrick & Guillot, Michel & Gwatkin, Davidson R.
- 323-329 Dentistry and distributive justice
by Dharamsi, Shafik & MacEntee, Michael I.
- 331-345 Peer education, gender and the development of critical consciousness: participatory HIV prevention by South African youth
by Campbell, Catherine & MacPhail, Catherine
2002, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 1-5 Editorial
by Thouez, Jean-Pierre M.
- 7-19 Spatial patterns of tuberculosis incidence in Cologne (Germany)
by Kistemann, Thomas & Munzinger, Annette & Dangendorf, Friederike
- 21-31 Does migration exaggerate the relationship between deprivation and limiting long-term illness? A Scottish analysis
by Boyle, Paul & Norman, Paul & Rees, Philip
- 33-45 Poverty, social exclusion and health in Portugal
by Santana, Paula
- 47-61 Community reappraisal of the perceived health effects of a petroleum refinery
by Luginaah, Isaac N. & Martin Taylor, S. & Elliott, Susan J. & Eyles, John D.
- 63-78 Changing local geographies of private residential care for older people 1983-1999: lessons for social policy in England and Wales
by Andrews, Gavin J & Phillips, David R
- 79-96 Assessing the applicability of GIS in a health and social care setting: planning services for informal carers in East Sussex, England
by Foley, Ronan
- 97-111 Car travel time and accessibility by bus to general practitioner services: a study using patient registers and GIS
by Lovett, Andrew & Haynes, Robin & Sünnenberg, Gisela & Gale, Susan
- 125-139 Place effects on health: how can we conceptualise, operationalise and measure them?
by Macintyre, Sally & Ellaway, Anne & Cummins, Steven
- 141-154 Changing geographies of care: employing the concept of therapeutic landscapes as a framework in examining home space
by Williams, Allison
- 167-173 Themes in British health geography at the end of the century: a review of published research 1998-2000
by Asthana, Sheena & Curtis, Sarah & Duncan, Craig & Gould, Myles
2002, Volume 54, Issue 12
- 1739-1741 Social epidemiology
by Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1743-1753 Normative vs. attitudinal considerations in breastfeeding behavior: multifaceted social influences in a developing country context
by Göksen, Fatos
- 1755-1765 Utilization of health facilities and trained birth attendants for childbirth in rural Bangladesh: an empirical study
by Paul, Bimal Kanti & Rumsey, Deborah J.
- 1767-1777 Nurse-physician communication and quality of drug use in Swedish nursing homes
by Schmid, Ingrid K. & Svarstad, Bonnie L.
- 1779-1791 Individual and neighbourhood determinants of social participation and social capital: a multilevel analysis of the city of Malmö, Sweden
by Lindström, Martin & Merlo, Juan & Östergren, Per-Olof
- 1793-1812 The relative influence of individual, social and physical environment determinants of physical activity
by Giles-Corti, Billie & Donovan, Robert J.
- 1813-1824 Asking patients about violence: a survey of 510 women attending social and health services in Trieste, Italy
by Romito, Patrizia & Gerin, Daniela
- 1825-1837 'The public is too subjective': public involvement at different levels of health-care decision making
by Litva, Andrea & Coast, Joanna & Donovan, Jenny & Eyles, John & Shepherd, Michael & Tacchi, Jo & Abelson, Julia & Morgan, Kieran
- 1839-1851 "If there were a war tomorrow, we'd find the money": contrasting perspectives on the rationing of health care
by Coast, Joanna & Donovan, Jenny & Litva, Andrea & Eyles, John & Morgan, Kieran & Shepherd, Michael & Tacchi, Jo
- 1853-1866 The paradoxical use of interpreting in psychiatry
by Drennan, Gerard & Swartz, Leslie
- 1867-1874 Social integration of children with epilepsy in rural India
by Pal, Deb K. & Chaudhury, Gautam & Sengupta, Suryanil & Das, Tulika
- 1875-1886 Drug utilisation and self-medication in rural communities in Vietnam
by Okumura, Junko & Wakai, Susumu & Umenai, Takusei
- 1887-1896 Science writers' reactions to a medical "breakthrough" story
by Cooper, Crystale Purvis & Yukimura, Darcie
2002, Volume 54, Issue 11
- 1615-1620 International health in the 21st Century: trends and challenges
by Zwi, Anthony B. & Yach, Derek
- 1621-1635 Social inequalities in health within countries: not only an issue for affluent nations
by Braveman, Paula & Tarimo, Eleuther
- 1637-1656 Putting equity in health back onto the social policy agenda: experience from South Africa
by McIntyre, Di & Gilson, Lucy
- 1657-1667 Staking a claim for claims: a case study of resource allocation in Australian Aboriginal health care
by Mooney, Gavin & Jan, Stephen & Wiseman, Virginia
- 1669-1675 Reshaping the state from above, from within, from below: implications for public health
by Reich, Michael R.
- 1677-1684 Regulating incentives: the past and present role of the state in health care systems
by Saltman, Richard B.
- 1685-1690 Improving basic health service delivery in low-income countries: 'voice' to the poor
by Mehrotra, Santosh & Jarrett, Stephen W.
- 1691-1698 Financing reforms of public health services in China: lessons for other nations
by Liu, Xingzhu & Mills, Anne
- 1699-1711 Research capacity strengthening in the South
by Nchinda, Thomas C.
- 1713-1723 Placing gender at the centre of health programming: challenges and limitations
by Vlassoff, Carol & Moreno, Claudia Garcia
- 1725-1737 The rhetoric of sector-wide approaches for health development
by Hill, Peter S.
2002, Volume 54, Issue 10
- 1481-1496 Adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapies (HAART) in HIV-infected patients: from a predictive to a dynamic approach
by Spire, Bruno & Duran, Ségolène & Souville, Marc & Leport, Catherine & Raffi, François & Moatti, Jean-Paul
- 1497-1512 Youth homelessness in San Francisco: A life cycle approach
by Auerswald, Colette L. & Eyre, Stephen L.
- 1513-1524 Neurolathyrism in Ethiopia: assessment and comparison of knowledge and attitude of health workers and rural inhabitants
by Getahun, Haileyesus & Lambein, Fernand & Vanhoorne, Michel
- 1525-1541 Dynamics of change in local physician supply: an ecological perspective
by Jiang, H. Joanna & Begun, James W.
- 1543-1557 Development of a 'communication disability model' and its implication on service delivery in low-income countries
by Hartley, Sally D. & Wirz, Sheila L.
- 1559-1587 One hundred and eighteen years of the German health insurance system: are there any lessons for middle- and low-income countries?
by Bärnighausen, Till & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 1589-1599 Change in job satisfaction, and its association with self-reported stress, cardiovascular risk factors and mortality
by Heslop, Pauline & Davey Smith, George & Metcalfe, Chris & Macleod, John & Hart, Carole
- 1601-1609 The contingent ranking method--a feasible and valid method when eliciting preferences for health care?
by Slothuus, Ulla & Larsen, Mette L. & Junker, Peter
2002, Volume 54, Issue 9
- 1309-1321 Sleep disturbance in cancer patients
by Davidson, Judith R. & MacLean, Alistair W. & Brundage, Michael D. & Schulze, Karleen
- 1323-1332 Comparing social inequalities in health in Spain: 1987 and 1995/97
by Regidor, Enrique & Gutierrez-Fisac, Juan L. & Domínguez, Vicente & Elisa Calle, M. & Navarro, Pedro
- 1333-1344 Attitudes to bioethical issues: a case study of a screening project
by Gustafsson Stolt, U. & Liss, P. -E. & Svensson, T. & Ludvigsson, J.
- 1345-1355 Meanings of immediate: the practical use of the Patient's Charter in the accident and emergency department
by Sbaih, Lynn C
- 1357-1368 The relevance of client-centered communication to family planning settings in developing countries: Lessons from the Egyptian experience
by Abdel-Tawab, Nahla & Roter, Debra
- 1369-1377 Shared treatment decision making in a collectively funded health care system: possible conflicts and some potential solutions
by Sculpher, Mark & Gafni, Amiram & Watt, Ian
- 1379-1388 Life expectancy and mortality differences between migrant groups living in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
by Uitenbroek, Daan G. & Verhoeff, Arnoud P.
- 1389-1400 Concepts of illness causation and attitudes to health care among older people in the Republic of Ireland
by MacFarlane, Anne & Kelleher, Cecily
- 1401-1417 A theoretical and empirical analysis of context: : neighbourhoods, smoking and youth
by Frohlich, Katherine L. & Potvin, Louise & Chabot, Patrick & Corin, Ellen
- 1419-1427 Socio-demographic correlates of psychiatric morbidity among low-income women in Aleppo, Syria
by Maziak, Wasim & Asfar, Taghrid & Mzayek, Fawaz & Fouad, Fouad M & Kilzieh, Nael
- 1429-1440 Health risk escalators and the rehabilitation of offenders with learning disabilities
by Heyman, Bob & Griffiths, Carol Buswell & Taylor, John
- 1441-1451 Awareness among community-dwelling elderly of assistive devices for mobility and self-care and attitudes towards their use
by Roelands, Marc & Van Oost, Paulette & Buysse, Ann & Depoorter, AnneMarie
- 1453-1461 Coping styles and locus of control as predictors for psychological adjustment of adolescents with a chronic illness
by Meijer, Susan A. & Sinnema, Gerben & Bijstra, Jan O. & Mellenbergh, Gideon J. & Wolters, Wim H. G.
2002, Volume 54, Issue 8
- 1153-1165 Beliefs about and responses to childhood ear infections: a study of parents in Eastern North Carolina
by Curry, Matthew D. & Mathews, Holly F. & Daniel, Hal J. & Johnson, Jeffrey C. & Mansfield, Christopher J.
- 1167-1180 Managed care and the US health care system : a social exchange perspective
by Grembowski, David E. & Cook, Karen S. & Patrick, Donald L. & Roussel, Amy Elizabeth
- 1181-1198 Regional differences in functional status among the aged
by Porell, Frank W. & Miltiades, Helen B.
- 1199-1214 The construction of community participation: village family planning groups and the Indonesian state
by Shiffman, Jeremy
- 1215-1224 Users' understanding of medical knowledge in general practice
by Chapple, Alison & Campbell, Stephen & Rogers, Anne & Roland, Martin
- 1225-1241 Construction of a GP integration model
by Batterham, R. & Southern, D. & Appleby, N. & Elsworth, G. & Fabris, S. & Dunt, D. & Young, D.
- 1243-1254 "Women enjoy punishment": attitudes and experiences of gender-based violence among PHC nurses in rural South Africa
by Kim, Julia & Motsei, Mmatshilo
- 1255-1266 Health sector reform and public sector health worker motivation: a conceptual framework
by Franco, Lynne Miller & Bennett, Sara & Kanfer, Ruth
- 1267-1279 Researching Aboriginal health: experience from a study of urban young people's health and well-being
by Holmes, Wendy & Stewart, Paul & Garrow, Anne & Anderson, Ian & Thorpe, Lisa
- 1281-1298 Depression, parenthood, and age at first birth
by Mirowsky, John & Ross, Catherine E.
- 1299-1308 Household economic strategies and nutritional anthropometry of women in American Samoa and highland Bolivia
by Bindon, James R. & Vitzthum, Virginia J.
2002, Volume 54, Issue 7
- 1001-1009 Task orientated nursing in a tuberculosis control programme in South Africa: : where does it come from and what keeps it going?
by van der Walt, Hester M. & Swartz, Leslie
- 1011-1023 Communicative competence in the delivery of bad news
by Gillotti, Cathy & Thompson, Teresa & McNeilis, Kelly
- 1025-1037 Networks of nomads: negotiating access to health resources among pastoralist women in Chad
by Hampshire, Kate
- 1039-1049 Homeless "squeegee kids": Food insecurity and daily survival
by Dachner, Naomi & Tarasuk, Valerie
- 1051-1064 Birth order and mortality: a life-long follow-up of 14,200 boys and girls born in early 20th century Sweden
by Modin, Bitte
- 1065-1079 Factors associated with unintended pregnancy in Yamagata, Japan
by Goto, Aya & Yasumura, Seiji & Reich, Michael R. & Fukao, Akira
- 1081-1091 Balancing rigour and acceptability: the use of HIV incidence to evaluate a community-based randomised trial in rural Uganda
by Mitchell, Kirstin & Nakamanya, Sarah & Kamali, Anatoli & Whitworth, James A. G.
- 1093-1110 Treading the path of least resistance: HIV/AIDS and social inequalities--a South African case study
by Gilbert, Leah & Walker, Liz
- 1111-1130 Participating in decisions about treatment: overt parent pressure for antibiotic medication in pediatric encounters
by Stivers, Tanya
- 1131-1141 Reflections and recommendations on research ethics in developing countries
by Benatar, S. R.
- 1143-1144 Commentary: Biomedical research, trade policy and international health: beyond medical ethics
by Ashcroft, Richard
- 1145-1146 Commentary on 'reflections and recommendations on research ethics in developing countries' by S.R. Benatar
by Pang, Tikki
- 1147-1148 Response to Doctors Pang and Ashcroft
by Benatar, Solomon R.
2002, Volume 54, Issue 6
- 849-868 Social capital and health (plus wealth, income inequality and regional health governance)
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 869-877 Private medical practitioners and managed care in Malaysia: a survey of knowledge and attitudes held by Federal Territory based doctors
by Marnoch, Gordon & Lian, Paul C. S.
- 879-888 Managed care members talk about trust
by Goold, Susan Dorr & Klipp, Glenn
- 889-904 The theory of use behind telemedicine: : how compatible with physicians' clinical routines?
by Lehoux, P. & Sicotte, C. & Denis, J. -L. & Berg, M. & Lacroix, A.
- 905-918 The influence of user fees and patient demand on prescribers in rural Nepal
by Holloway, Kathleen A. & Gautam, Bharat R. & Harpham, Trudy & Taket, Ann
- 919-929 To what extent can we explain time trade-off values from other information about respondents?
by Dolan, Paul & Roberts, Jennifer
- 931-937 Predicting small area health-related behaviour: a comparison of multilevel synthetic estimation and local survey data
by Twigg, Liz & Moon, Graham
- 939-953 Market reforms and public incentives: finding a balance in the Republic of Macedonia
by Nordyke, Robert J. & Peabody, John W.
- 955-969 Representations of far-flung illnesses: the case of Ebola in Britain
by Joffe, Hélène & Haarhoff, Georgina
- 971-980 Body image and physical disability--personal perspectives
by Taleporos, George & McCabe, Marita P
- 981-991 The impact of hospices on health care expenditures--the case of Taiwan
by Lo, Joan C.
2002, Volume 54, Issue 5
- 643-647 Introduction to 'social and economic patterning of women's health in a changing world'
by Arber, Sara & Khlat, Myriam
- 649-661 Gender equity and socioeconomic inequality: a framework for the patterning of women's health
by Moss, Nancy E.
- 663-676 A generation apart? Gender-related experiences and health in women in early and late mid-life
by Hunt, Kate
- 677-692 The influence of work, household structure, and social, personal and material resources on gender differences in health: an analysis of the 1994 Canadian National Population Health Survey
by Walters, Vivienne & McDonough, Peggy & Strohschein, Lisa
- 693-706 Investigating socio-economic explanations for gender and ethnic inequalities in health
by Cooper, Helen
- 707-726 Women's health status in Poland in the transition to a market economy
by Wróblewska, Wiktoria
- 727-740 Multiple roles and health among British and Finnish women: the influence of socioeconomic circumstances
by Lahelma, Eero & Arber, Sara & Kivelä, Katariina & Roos, Eva
- 741-752 Combining a job and children: contrasting the health of married and divorced women in the Netherlands?
by Fokkema, Tineke
- 753-765 Women's work and health in Iran: a comparison of working and non-working mothers
by Ahmad-Nia, Shirin
- 767-782 Chronic stress and the social patterning of women's health in Canada
by McDonough, Peggy & Walters, Vivienne & Strohschein, Lisa
- 783-798 The importance of low control at work and home on depression and anxiety: do these effects vary by gender and social class?
by Griffin, Joan M. & Fuhrer, Rebecca & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Marmot, Michael
- 799-810 Socio-economic gradients in psychological distress: a focus on women, social roles and work-home characteristics
by Matthews, Sharon & Power, Chris
- 811-825 How gender affects patterns of social relations and their impact on health: a comparison of one or multiple sources of support from "close persons"
by Fuhrer, R. & Stansfeld, S. A.
- 827-838 Place and personal circumstances in a multilevel account of women's long-term illness
by Wiggins, R. D. & Joshi, H. & Bartley, M. & Gleave, S. & Lynch, K. & Cullis, A.
- 839-848 Charting a course for the future of women's health in the United States: concepts, findings and recommendations
by Strobino, Donna M. & Grason, Holly & Minkovitz, Cynthia
2002, Volume 54, Issue 4
- 481-492 The contribution of gender-role orientation, work factors and home stressors to psychological well-being and sickness absence in male- and female-dominated occupational groups
by Evans, Olga & Steptoe, Andrew
- 493-504 Factors determining inpatient satisfaction with care
by Nguyen Thi, Phi Linh & Briancon, S. & Empereur, F. & Guillemin, F.
- 505-518 Sister cities and easy passage: HIV, mobility and economies of desire in a Thai/Lao border zone
by Lyttleton, Chris & Amarapibal, Amorntip
- 519-527 Altruistic willingness to pay in community-based sales of insecticide-treated nets exists in Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Chima, Reginald & Shu, Elvis & Nwagbo, Douglas & Akpala, Cyril & Okonkwo, Paul
- 529-544 Companions through cancer: : the care given by informal carers in cancer contexts
by Thomas, Carol & Morris, Sara M. & Harman, Juliet C.
- 545-559 Inequalities in the transition of cerebrovascular disease mortality in New South Wales, Australia 1969-1996
by Burnley, Ian H. & Rintoul, Duncan
- 561-576 Letting the Gini out of the bottle? Challenges facing the relative income hypothesis
by Ellison, George T. H.
- 577-589 Income, income inequality and health: what can we learn from aggregate data?
by Gravelle, Hugh & Wildman, John & Sutton, Matthew
- 591-605 Gender similarities in doctors' preferences -- and gender differences in final specialisation
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth
- 607-619 Worlds apart: a comparison between physical activities among youth in Glasgow, Scotland and Dunedin, New Zealand
by West, Patrick & Reeder, Anthony I. & Milne, Barry J. & Poulton, Richie
- 621-624 Gender differences in mental health: evidence from three organisations
by Emslie, Carol & Fuhrer, Rebecca & Hunt, Kate & Macintyre, Sally & Shipley, Martin & Stansfeld, Stephen
- 625-642 Reproductive rights and the state in Serbia and Croatia
by Shiffman, Jeremy & Skrabalo, Marina & Subotic, Jelena
2002, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 323-324 Health policy: drawing on a "global laboratory"
by Davis, Peter
- 325-337 HIV risk environment for Ghanaian women: challenges to prevention
by Mill, Judy E. & Anarfi, John K.
- 339-347 Is nondirectiveness possible within the context of antenatal screening and testing?
by Williams, Clare & Alderson, Priscilla & Farsides, Bobbie
- 349-361 'The thief of womanhood': women's experience of polycystic ovarian syndrome
by Kitzinger, Celia & Willmott, Jo
- 363-376 Physiognomy, familism and consumerism: preferences among Jewish-Israeli recipients of donor insemination
by Birenbaum-Carmeli, Daphna & Carmeli, Yoram S.
- 377-386 Health care switching behaviour of malaria patients in a Kenyan rural community
by Nyamongo, I. K.
- 387-397 Use of indigenous and indigenised medicines to enhance personal well-being: a South African case study
by Cocks, Michelle & Møller, Valerie
- 399-409 The doctor as God's mechanic? Beliefs in the Southeastern United States
by Mansfield, Christopher J. & Mitchell, Jim & King, Dana E.
- 411-422 A social and demographic study of Tibetan refugees in India
by Bhatia, Shushum & Dranyi, Tsegyal & Rowley, Derrick
- 423-432 Tuberculosis among Tibetan refugees in India
by Bhatia, Shushum & Dranyi, Tsegyal & Rowley, Derrick
- 433-443 Dignity in the terminally ill: a developing empirical model
by Chochinov, Harvey Max & Hack, Thomas & McClement, Susan & Kristjanson, Linda & Harlos, Mike
- 445-457 'The cold hard facts' immunisation and vaccine preventable diseases in Australia's newsprint media 1993-1998
by Leask, Julie & Chapman, Simon
- 459-467 Socio-cultural implications of changing organizational technologies in the provision of care
by Mechanic, David
- 469-479 Transparency and selfhood:: Utopia and the informed body
by Chrysanthou, Marc
2002, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 165-178 Women's social networks and child survival in Mali
by Adams, Alayne M. & Madhavan, Sangeetha & Simon, Dominique
- 179-192 Women who sell sex in a Ugandan trading town: life histories, survival strategies and risk
by Gysels, Marjolein & Pool, Robert & Nnalusiba, Betty
- 193-204 The reproductive and occupational health of women street vendors in Johannesburg, South Africa
by Pick, William M. & Ross, Mary H. & Dada, Yasmin
- 205-220 The decline of female circumcision in Egypt: evidence and interpretation
by El-Gibaly, Omaima & Ibrahim, Barbara & Mensch, Barbara S. & Clark, Wesley H.
- 221-228 Severity of musculoskeletal pain: relations to socioeconomic inequality
by Brekke, Mette & Hjortdahl, Per & Kvien, Tore K.
- 229-244 "Tooth worms", poverty tattoos and dental care conflicts in Northeast Brazil
by Nations, Marilyn K. & Nuto, Sharmênia de Araújo Soares
- 245-254 Historical trends of survival among widows and widowers
by Mineau, Geraldine P. & Smith, Ken R. & Bean, Lee L.
- 255-266 A socio-legal and economic analysis of contracting in the NHS internal market using a case study of contracting for district nursing
by Allen, Pauline
- 267-279 Dual job holding practitioners in Bangladesh: an exploration
by Gruen, Reinhold & Anwar, Raqibul & Begum, Tahmina & Killingsworth, James R. & Normand, Charles
- 281-293 Responsibility and cancer disclosure in Japan
by Elwyn, Todd S. & Fetters, Michael D. & Sasaki, Hiroki & Tsuda, Tsukasa
- 295-308 Constructing an account by contrast in counselling for childhood genetic testing
by Sarangi, Srikant & Clarke, Angus
- 309-317 Immigrants from Chernobyl-affected areas in Israel: the link between health and social adjustment
by Remennick, L. I.
2002, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-10 Gender and outpatient mental health service use
by Rhodes, Anne E. & Goering, Paula N. & To, Teresa & Williams, J. Ivan
- 11-21 Listening to respondents: : a qualitative assessment of the Short-Form 36 Health Status Questionnaire
by Mallinson, Sara
- 23-31 Quality of registration of maternal deaths in Mozambique: a community-based study in rural and urban areas
by Songane, Francisco Ferreira & Bergström, Staffan
- 33-48 Cultural change and mental health in Greenland: the association of childhood conditions, language, and urbanization with mental health and suicidal thoughts among the Inuit of Greenland
by Bjerregaard, Peter & Curtis, Tine
- 49-64 Health care for the elderly: two cases of technology diffusion
by Dozet, Alexander & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & Nystedt, Paul
- 65-77 Metropolitan area income inequality and self-rated health--a multi-level study
by Blakely, Tony A. & Lochner, Kimberly & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 79-91 An imperfect refuge: : life in an 'old folk's home' for younger residents with psychiatric disorders
by Jervis, Lori L.
- 93-104 Smoking and quitting: a qualitative study with community-living psychiatric clients
by Lawn, Sharon J. & Pols, Rene G. & Barber, James G.
- 105-117 Health-seeking behavior of Karachi women with reproductive tract infections
by Ishaq Bhatti, Lubna & Fikree, Fariyal F.
- 119-132 Characterization of household food insecurity in Québec: food and feelings
by Hamelin, Anne-Marie & Beaudry, Micheline & Habicht, Jean-Pierre
- 133-146 Compensating behaviors, regret, and heterogeneity in the dynamics of smoking behavior
by Xu, K. Tom
- 147-159 HIV serostatus and factors related to physical and mental well-being in Latina family AIDS caregivers
by Land, Helen & Hudson, Sharon