Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2001, Volume 52, Issue 6
- 853-861 Community values and preferences in transplantation organ allocation decisions
by Browning, Colette J. & Thomas, Shane A.
- 863-870 Cost effectiveness of brief interventions for reducing alcohol consumption
by Wutzke, Sonia E. & Shiell, Alan & Gomel, Michelle K. & Conigrave, Katherine M.
- 871-883 Who rules? The new politics of medical regulation
by Salter, Brian
- 885-909 Private practitioners and their role in the resurgence of malaria in Mumbai (Bombay) and Navi Mumbai (New Bombay), India: serving the affected or aiding an epidemic?
by Kamat, Vinay R.
- 911-919 Adult outpatients with depression: worse quality of life than in other chronic medical diseases in Argentina
by Bonicatto, S. C. & Dew, M. A. & Zaratiegui, R. & Lorenzo, L. & Pecina, P.
- 921-934 Problems with the Sickness Impact Profile: a theoretically based analysis and a proposal for a new method of implementation and scoring
by Pollard, Beth & Johnston, Marie
- 935-948 Can I afford free treatment?: Perceived consequences of health care provider choices among people with tuberculosis in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
by Lönnroth, Knut & Tran, Thuc-Uyen & Thuong, Le Minh & Quy, Hoang Thi & Diwan, Vinod
- 949-958 The will to live: gender differences among elderly persons
by Carmel, Sara
- 959-965 Domestic labour, paid employment and women's health: analysis of life course data
by Blane, D. & Berney, L. & Montgomery, S. M.
- 967-978 Networks, resources and risk among women who use drugs
by Miller, Maureen & Neaigus, Alan
- 979-979 Letter to the Editor
by Nyström, Lennarth
2001, Volume 52, Issue 5
- 657-670 Monitoring health reform: a report card approach
by Brownell, Marni D. & Roos, Noralou P. & Roos, Leslie L.
- 671-679 Competitive health policies and community health
by Stanton, Pauline
- 681-694 Networks and tuberculosis: an undetected community outbreak involving public places
by Klovdahl, A. S. & Graviss, E. A. & Yaganehdoost, A. & Ross, M. W. & Wanger, A. & Adams, G. J. & Musser, J. M.
- 695-706 Primary care as intersecting social worlds
by Tovey, Philip & Adams, Jon
- 707-721 The social construction of male 'homosexuality' in India: implications for HIV transmission and prevention
by Asthana, Sheena & Oostvogels, Robert
- 723-731 Implementing AIDS policy in post-apartheid South Africa
by Schneider, Helen & Stein, Joanne
- 733-744 Relationship dynamics and teenage pregnancy in South Africa
by Jewkes, Rachel & Vundule, Caesar & Maforah, Fidelia & Jordaan, Esmé
- 745-761 China's one-child policy: the economic choices and consequences faced by pregnant women
by Doherty, Jim P. & Norton, Edward C. & Veney, James E.
- 763-781 Dimensions of social inequality in the health of women in England: occupational, material and behavioural pathways
by Sacker, Amanda & Bartley, Mel & Firth, David & Fitzpatrick, Ray
- 783-796 "It's some kind of women's empowerment": the ambiguity of the female condom as a marker of female empowerment
by Kaler, Amy
- 797-808 African Americans' views on research and the Tuskegee Syphilis study
by Freimuth, Vicki S. & Quinn, Sandra Crouse & Thomas, Stephen B. & Cole, Galen & Zook, Eric & Duncan, Ted
2001, Volume 52, Issue 4
- 499-507 Mental health and stress in the workplace: the case of general practice in the UK
by Calnan, Michael & Wainwright, David & Forsythe, Malcolm & Wall, Barbara & Almond, Stephen
- 509-518 AIDS and cultural practices in Africa: the case of the Tonga (Zambia)
by Gausset, Quentin
- 519-536 Understanding the dynamics of illness and help-seeking: event-structure analysis and a Cambodian-American narrative of "Spirit Invasion"
by Uehara, Edwina S.
- 537-545 Gender trends in occupancy rates in mental health beds in Northern Ireland
by Prior, Pauline M. & Hayes, Bernadette C.
- 547-559 Gender and health: reassessing patterns and explanations
by McDonough, Peggy & Walters, Vivienne
- 561-569 Knowledge, action and resistance: the selective use of pre-natal screening among Bedouin women of the Negev, Israel
by Lewando-Hundt, G. & Shoham-Vardi, I. & Beckerleg, S. & Belmaker, I. & Kassem, F. & Jaafar, A. Abu
- 571-583 Substance use during pregnancy in the state of California, USA
by Finch, Brian Karl & Vega, William A. & Kolody, Bohdan
- 585-598 Female control of sexuality: illusion or reality? Use of vaginal products in south west Uganda
by Green, Gill & Pool, Robert & Harrison, Susan & Hart, Graham J. & Wilkinson, Joanie & Nyanzi, Stella & Whitworth, James . A. G.
- 599-608 High-risk behaviors and the prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases among women prisoners at the women state penitentiary in Metro Manila
by Simbulan, Nymia P. & Aguilar, Angela S. & Flanigan, Timothy & Cu-Uvin, Susan
- 609-620 Predictors of patient satisfaction
by Jackson, Jeffrey L. & Chamberlin, Judith & Kroenke, Kurt
- 621-633 Why do women use dietary supplements? The use of the theory of planned behaviour to explore beliefs about their use
by Conner, Mark & Kirk, Sara F. L. & Cade, Janet E. & Barrett, Jennifer H.
- 635-650 Managing and treating risk and uncertainty for health: a case study of diabetes among First Nation's people in Ontario, Canada
by Sunday, Julie & Eyles, John
2001, Volume 52, Issue 3
- 331-343 Medical women -- towards full integration? An analysis of the specialty choices made by two cohorts of Norwegian doctors
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth
- 345-356 Is there a menopausal syndrome? Menopausal status and symptoms across racial/ethnic groups
by Avis, Nancy E. & Stellato, Rebecca & Crawford, Sybil & Bromberger, Joyce & Ganz, Patricia & Cain, Virginia & Kagawa-Singer, Marjorie
- 357-368 The impact of marital status on cancer survival
by Kravdal, Øystein
- 369-384 Subjective well-being and severe motor impairments: the Tetrafigap survey on the long-term outcome of tetraplegic spinal cord injured persons
by Ville, I. & Ravaud, J. -F. & Group, Tetrafigap
- 385-391 Compression or expansion of morbidity? Trends in healthy-life expectancy in the elderly Austrian population between 1978 and 1998
by Doblhammer, Gabriele & Kytir, Josef
- 393-404 Real world pharmacy: assessing the quality of private pharmacy practice in the Lao People's Democratic Republic
by Stenson, Bo & Syhakhang, Lamphone & Eriksson, Bo & Tomson, Göran
- 405-415 Psychophysiological effects of temporary alternative employment
by Westerlund, Hugo & Theorell, Töres & Bergström, Anna
- 417-427 Violence towards health care staff and possible effects on the quality of patient care
by Arnetz, Judith E. & Arnetz, Bengt B.
- 429-439 Health and cultural factors associated with enrolment in basic education: a study in rural Ghana
by Fentiman, Alicia & Hall, Andrew & Bundy, Don
- 441-451 Socioeconomic differences in leisure-time physical activity: the role of social participation and social capital in shaping health related behaviour
by Lindström, Martin & Hanson, Bertil S. & Östergren, Per-Olof
- 453-465 Future states: the axioms underlying prospective, future-oriented, health planning instruments
by Koch, Tom
- 467-480 Tactics at the interface: Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health managers
by Hill, Peter S. & Wakerman, John & Matthews, Sally & Gibson, Odette
- 481-491 The political context of social inequalities and health
by Navarro, Vicente & Shi, Leiyu
2001, Volume 52, Issue 2
- 171-173 The physician role in transition: is Hippocrates sick?
by Aasland, Olaf Gjerløw
- 175-177 The medical profession and health care reform -- friend or foe?
by Hernes, Gudmund
- 179-187 Towards gender balance: but will women physicians have an impact on medicine?
by Riska, Elianne
- 189-202 The doctor-nurse relationship: how easy is it to be a female doctor co-operating with a female nurse?
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth & Kjølsrød, Lise
- 203-213 Psychosocial challenges facing physicians of today
by Arnetz, Bengt B.
- 215-222 Interventions to improve physicians' well-being and patient care
by Firth-Cozens, Jenny
- 223-225 Interventions to improve physicians' well-being and patient care: a commentary
by Gerrity, Martha S.
- 227-237 Doctors drifting: autonomy and career uncertainty in young physicians' stories
by Löyttyniemi, Varpu
- 239-248 Paternalism, patient autonomy, and moral deliberation in the physician-patient relationship: Attitudes among Norwegian physicians
by Falkum, Erik & Førde, Reidun
- 249-258 Breast self-examination and cervical cancer testing among Norwegian female physicians: A nation-wide comparative study
by Rosvold, Elin Olaug & Hjartåker, Anette & Bjertness, Espen & Lund, Eiliv
- 259-265 Suicide rates from 1960 to 1989 in Norwegian physicians compared with other educational groups
by Aasland, Olaf Gjerløw & Ekeberg, Øvind & Schweder, Tore
- 267-277 Implications of health care provision on acute lower respiratory infection mortality in Bangladeshi children
by Ali, Mohammad & Emch, Michael & Tofail, Fahmida & Baqui, Abdullah H.
- 279-292 Capacity building to improve women's health in rural China
by Li, Virginia C. & Shaoxian, Wang & Kunyi, Wu & Wentao, Zhang & Buchthal, Opal & Wong, Glenn C. & Burris, Mary Ann
- 293-303 Impact of urinary schistosomiasis on rural land use: empirical evidence from Nigeria
by Umeh, J. Chinedu & Amali, O. & Umeh, E. U.
- 305-313 Medicaid eligibility and the incidence of ambulatory care sensitive hospitalizations for children
by Kaestner, R. & Joyce, T. & Racine, A.
- 315-322 Quality of life among women living with HIV: the importance violence, social support, and self care behaviors
by Gielen, A. C. & McDonnell, K. A. & Wu, A. W. & O'Campo, P. & Faden, R.
2001, Volume 52, Issue 1
- 1-10 The importance of the social environment for physically active lifestyle -- results from an international study
by Ståhl, T. & Rütten, A. & Nutbeam, D. & Bauman, A. & Kannas, L. & Abel, T. & Lüschen, G. & Rodriquez, Diaz J. A. & Vinck, J. & van der Zee, J.
- 11-23 Doing things with illness. The micro politics of the CFS clinic
by Banks, Jonathan & Prior, Lindsay
- 25-44 Revealing moments: formulating understandings of adverse experiences in a health appraisal interview
by Beach, W. A. & Dixson, C. N.
- 45-52 Health implications of early childbearing on pregnancy outcome in Botswana: insights from the institutional records
by Letamo, Gobopamang & Majelantle, Rolang G.
- 53-69 Diffusion of ideas about personal hygiene and contamination in poor countries: evidence from Guatemala
by Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R. & Beckett, Megan
- 71-81 Determinants of breastfeeding in the Philippines: a survival analysis
by Abada, Teresa S. J. & Trovato, Frank & Lalu, Nirannanilathu
- 83-97 Death rests a while: holy day and Sabbath effects on Jewish mortality in Israel
by Anson, Jon & Anson, Ofra
- 99-134 Improving the use of pharmaceuticals through patient and community level interventions
by Homedes, Nuria & Ugalde, Antonio
- 135-148 Cost-effectiveness of the female condom in preventing HIV and STDs in commercial sex workers in rural South Africa
by Marseille, Elliot & Kahn, James G. & Billinghurst, Kelvin & Saba, Joseph
- 149-153 Attitudes to traditional Chinese medicine amongst Western trained doctors in the People's Republic of China
by Harmsworth, K. & Lewith, G. T.
- 155-156 Use of the Internet by medical voluntary groups in the UK
by Fox, Nick
- 157-159 'The dog that didn't bark': taking class seriously in the health inequalities debate
by Scambler, Graham & Higgs, Paul
2000, Volume 51, Issue 12
- 1711-1722 Planning and change: a Cambodian public health case study
by Hill, Peter S.
- 1723-1739 Prenatal care among Puerto Ricans on the United States mainland
by Oropesa, R. S. & Landale, N. S. & Inkley, M. & Gorman, B. K.
- 1741-1754 Health behaviours and health: evidence that the relationship is not conditional on income adequacy
by Williamson, Deanna L.
- 1755-1769 "Impact? What impact?" Epidemiological research findings in the public domain: a case study from north-east England
by Moffatt, S. & Phillimore, P. & Hudson, E. & Downey, D.
- 1771-1782 Evaluating effectiveness of syringe exchange programmes: current issues and future prospects
by Bastos, F. I. & Strathdee, S. A.
- 1783-1793 The dragnet of children's feeding programs in Atlantic Canada
by Dayle, Jutta B. & McIntyre, Lynn & Raine-Travers, Kim D.
- 1795-1804 Reconstructing self-narratives in coping with traumatic brain injury
by Nochi, Masahiro
- 1805-1816 From "reducing" to "coping with" uncertainty: reconceptualizing the central challenge in breast self-exams
by Babrow, Austin S. & Kline, Kimberly N.
- 1817-1825 Information and its impact on satisfaction among surgical patients
by Krupat, Edward & Fancey, Marcella & Cleary, Paul D.
- 1827-1839 Strategies for reducing the prescribing of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs): patient self-regulation of treatment may be an under-exploited resource
by Pollock, K. & Grime, J.
- 1841-1849 Oral health behaviour and self-esteem in Swedish children
by Källestål, C. & Dahlgren, L. & Stenlund, H.
2000, Volume 51, Issue 11
- 1573-1593 Social determinants of health in Canada's immigrant population: results from the National Population Health Survey
by Dunn, James R. & Dyck, Isabel
- 1595-1610 Candies in hell: women's experiences of violence in Nicaragua
by Ellsberg, Mary & Peña, Rodolfo & Herrera, Andrés & Liljestrand, Jerker & Winkvist, Anna
- 1611-1625 Defining quality of care
by Campbell, S. M. & Roland, M. O. & Buetow, S. A.
- 1627-1638 Socioeconomic disparities in health in the US: an agenda for action
by Moss, Nancy
- 1639-1653 Social inequalities, stressors and self reported health status among African American and white women in the Detroit metropolitan area
by Schulz, A. & Israel, B. & Williams, D. & Parker, E. & Becker, A. & James, S.
- 1655-1664 A challenge to the cross-cultural validity of the SF-36 health survey: factor structure in Maori, Pacific and New Zealand European ethnic groups
by Scott, Kate M. & Sarfati, Diana & Tobias, Martin I. & Haslett, Stephen J.
- 1665-1674 The rise and fall of Type A man
by Riska, Elianne
- 1675-1693 Circumstances of post-neonatal deaths in Ceara, Northeast Brazil: mothers' health care-seeking behaviors during their infants' fatal illness
by Terra de Souza, A. C. & Peterson, K. E. & Andrade, F. M. O. & Gardner, J. & Ascherio, A.
- 1695-1703 Attitudes as barriers in breast screening: a prospective study among Singapore women
by Straughan, P. T. & Seow, A.
2000, Volume 51, Issue 10
- 1437-1446 Rhetoric and reality in stroke patient care
by Pound, Pandora & Ebrahim, Shah
- 1447-1456 Infant death rates and animal-shed delivery in remote rural areas of Nepal
by Thapa, Narbada & Chongsuvivatwong, Virasakdi & Geater, Alan F. & Ulstein, Magnar & Bechtel, Gregory A.
- 1457-1472 Trying to keep a balance: the meaning of health and diabetes in an urban Aboriginal community
by Thompson, Samantha J. & Gifford, Sandra M.
- 1473-1489 Environmental factors, situation of women and child mortality in southwestern Nigeria
by Folasade, Iyun B.
- 1491-1503 Patterns of care for childhood malaria in Zambia
by Baume, Carol & Helitzer, Deborah & Kachur, S. Patrick
- 1505-1515 The role of 'African Chemists' in the health care system of the Eastern Cape province of South Africa
by Cocks, Michelle & Dold, Anthony
- 1517-1528 Women's power and anthropometric status in Zimbabwe
by Hindin, Michelle J.
- 1529-1541 The control of schistosomiasis in Brazil: an ethno-epidemiological study of the effectiveness of a community mobilization program for health education
by Uchoa, Elizabeth & Barreto, Sandhi M. & Firmo, Joselia O. A. & Guerra, Henrique L. & Pimenta, Fabiano G. & Lima e Costa, Maria Fernanda F.
- 1543-1554 Perceiving benefits in adversity: stress-related growth in women living with HIV/AIDS
by Siegel, Karolynn & Schrimshaw, Eric W.
- 1555-1561 General practitioners' attitudes toward complementary therapies
by Easthope, G. & Tranter, B. & Gill, G.
- 1563-1567 C.A.R.E.: an approach for teaching ethics in medicine
by Schneider, Gregory W. & Snell, Laura
2000, Volume 51, Issue 9
- 1283-1293 Place, social exchange and health: proposed sociological framework
by Siegrist, Johannes
- 1295-1312 A multilevel city health profile of Moscow
by McKeehan, I. V.
- 1313-1324 Health lifestyles in Russia
by Cockerham, William C.
- 1325-1341 Health-related lifestyles and alienation in Moscow and Helsinki
by Palosuo, Hannele
- 1343-1350 Socioeconomic factors, material inequalities, and perceived control in self-rated health: cross-sectional data from seven post-communist countries
by Bobak, Martin & Pikhart, Hynek & Rose, Richard & Hertzman, Clyde & Marmot, Michael
- 1351-1361 Psychosocial risk factors, inequality and self-rated morbidity in a changing society
by Kopp, Maria S. & Skrabski, Árpád & Szedmák, Sándor
- 1363-1374 Educational differences in self-rated health during the Russian transition. Evidence from Taganrog 1993-1994
by Carlson, Per
- 1375-1385 Self-rated health and occupational conditions in Russia
by Nazarova, Inna
- 1387-1403 The HIV/AIDS epidemic in Ukraine: its potential social and economic impact
by Barnett, Tony & Whiteside, Alan & Khodakevich, Lev & Kruglov, Yuri & Steshenko, Valentyna
- 1405-1420 Eastern European transition and suicide mortality
by Mäkinen, Ilkka Henrik
- 1421-1435 How much does social capital add to individual health?A survey study of Russians
by Rose, Richard
2000, Volume 51, Issue 8
- 1139-1142 Medical sociology at the start of the new millennium
by Blaxter, Mildred
- 1143-1161 Residential segregation and the epidemiology of infectious diseases
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores
- 1163-1173 Disability, space and sexuality: access to family planning services
by Anderson, Paul & Kitchin, Rob
- 1175-1188 Mortality differentials among women: the Israel Longitudinal Mortality Study
by Manor, Orly & Eisenbach, Zvi & Israeli, Avi & Friedlander, Yechiel
- 1189-1196 Stage of change is associated with assessment of the health risks of maternal smoking among pregnant women
by Haslam, Cheryl & Draper, Elizabeth
- 1197-1210 Driving donation: a geographic analysis of potential organ donors in the state of Ohio, USA
by Grubesic, T. H.
- 1211-1220 To boil or not: drinking water for children in a periurban barrio
by McLennan, J. D.
- 1221-1229 Contract medicine arrangements in Hong Kong: an example of risk-bearing provider networks in an unregulated environment
by Brudevold, Christine & McGhee, Sarah M. & Ho, Lai-Ming
- 1231-1240 "To every thing there is a season" -- social time and clock time in addiction treatment
by Klingemann, Harald
- 1241-1252 Negotiating natural death in intensive care
by Seymour, Jane Elizabeth
- 1253-1265 Neutralizing differences: producing neutral doctors for (almost) neutral patients
by Beagan, Brenda L.
- 1267-1278 The co-occurrence of correct and incorrect HIV transmission knowledge and perceived risk for HIV among women of childbearing age in El Salvador
by London, Andrew S. & Robles, Arodys
2000, Volume 51, Issue 7
- 991-991 Commentaries on Coburn 'The role of: neo-liberalism'
by Blaxter, Mildred
- 993-995 Coburn's thesis: plausible, but we need more evidence and better measures
by Tarlov, Alvin R.
- 997-1000 Deeper than "neoliberalism". A reply to David Coburn
by Wilkinson, Richard G.
- 1001-1005 Income inequality and health: expanding the debate
by Lynch, John
- 1007-1008 Social change, market forces and health
by Hertzman, Clyde
- 1009-1010 A brief response
by Coburn, David
- 1011-1018 Unintended pregnancy and women's use of prenatal care in Ecuador
by Eggleston, Elizabeth
- 1019-1030 Social class and self-rated health: can the gradient be explained by differences in life style or work environment?
by Borg, Vilhelm & Kristensen, Tage S.
- 1031-1045 "The lizard in the green bottle": "aging out" of problem drinking among Navajo men
by Quintero, Gilbert
- 1047-1059 New Zealand children's health camps: therapeutic landscapes meet the contract state
by Kearns, Robin A. & Collins, Damian C. A.
- 1061-1074 Adult life experiences and health in early old age in Great Britain
by Grundy, Emily & Holt, Gemma
- 1075-1085 Factors associated with non-urgent utilization of Accident and Emergency services: a case-control study in Hong Kong
by Lee, Albert & Lau, Fei-Lung & Hazlett, Clarke B. & Kam, Chak-Wah & Wong, Patrick & Wong, Tai-Wai & Chow, Susan
- 1087-1110 Patient-centredness: a conceptual framework and review of the empirical literature
by Mead, Nicola & Bower, Peter
- 1111-1119 The inertia of self-regulation: a game-theoretic approach to reducing passive smoking in restaurants
by Shiell, Alan & Chapman, Simon
- 1121-1127 Social class differences in mortality using the National Statistics Socio-economic Classification -- too little, too soon: a reply to Chandola
by Rose, D. & Pevalin, D. J.
- 1129-1133 Social class differences in mortality using the National Statistics Socio-economic Classification: a reply to Rose and Pevalin
by Chandola, T.
2000, Volume 51, Issue 6
- 787-787 Editorial
by Macintyre, Sally
- 789-807 Health impacts of rapid economic changes in Thailand
by Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Harnvoravongchai, Piya & Pitayarangsarit, Siriwan & Kasemsup, Vijj
- 809-819 Health and rapid economic change in the late twentieth century
by Hertzman, Clyde & Siddiqi, Arjumand
- 821-829 Health policy and the new genetics
by Kaufert, Patricia A.
- 831-841 The psychological complexity of predictive testing for late onset neurogenetic diseases and hereditary cancers: implications for multidisciplinary counselling and for genetic education
by Evers-Kiebooms, G. & Welkenhuysen, M. & Claes, E. & Decruyenaere, M. & Denayer, L.
- 843-857 From social integration to health: Durkheim in the new millennium
by Berkman, Lisa F. & Glass, Thomas & Brissette, Ian & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 859-869 The evidence-based approach in health policy and health care delivery
by Niessen, Louis W. & Grijseels, Els W. M. & Rutten, Frans F. H.
- 871-885 Social capital and health promotion: a review
by Hawe, Penelope & Shiell, Alan
- 887-895 Population ageing in developed and developing regions: implications for health policy
by Lloyd-Sherlock, Peter
- 897-904 Private health care
by Uplekar, Mukund W.
- 905-915 Child abuse: current problems and key public health challenges
by Djeddah, Carol & Facchin, Paola & Ranzato, Cristina & Romer, Claude
- 917-930 Changing patterns of death and dying
by Seale, Clive
- 931-939 Gender equity in health: debates and dilemmas
by Doyal, Lesley
- 941-953 The role and limitations of the Cairo International Conference on Population and Development
by DeJong, Jocelyn
- 955-967 International trends in adolescent nutrition
by Schneider, Dona
- 969-977 Protecting the vulnerable: testing times for clinical research ethics
by Schüklenk, Udo
- 979-989 The development of international health policies -- accountability intact?
by Kickbusch, Ilona
2000, Volume 51, Issue 5
- 639-656 A critical review of recent US market level health care strategy literature
by Wells, Rebecca & Banaszak-Holl, Jane
- 657-668 Concepts of trust among patients with serious illness
by Mechanic, David & Meyer, Sharon
- 669-677 Judging the use of clinical protocols by fellow professionals
by Parker, Dianne & Lawton, Rebecca
- 679-690 The scope of hunter-gatherer ethnomedicine
by Voeks, Robert A. & Sercombe, Peter
- 691-702 The impact of direct and extra billing for medical services: evidence from a natural experiment in British Columbia
by Epp, Michael J. & Vining, Aidan R. & Collins-Dodd, Colleen & Love, Ernie
- 703-711 Practical logics: the shapes and lessons of popular medical knowledge and practice -- examples from Vietnam and Indigenous Australia
by Craig, David
- 713-723 Rules of relevance after a stroke
by Bendz, Mona
- 725-740 Are Brazilian women really choosing to deliver by cesarean?
by Hopkins, Kristine
- 741-748 The end of the line: has rapid transit contributed to the spatial diffusion of HIV in one of Canada's largest metropolitan areas?
by Wood, Evan & Chan, Keith & Montaner, Julio S. G. & Schechter, Martin T. & Tyndall, Mark & O'Shaughnessy, Michael V. & Hogg, Robert S.
- 749-758 Differences between Internet samples and conventional samples of men who have sex with men: implications for research and HIV interventions
by Ross, Michael W. & Tikkanen, Ronny & Månsson, Sven-Axel
- 759-770 Precursive depression among HIV infected AIDS caregivers over time
by Wight, Richard G.
- 771-778 Socioeconomic factors and incidence of erectile dysfunction: findings of the longitudinal Massachussetts Male Aging Study
by Aytaç, Isik A. & Araujo, Andre B. & Johannes, Catherine B. & Kleinman, Ken P. & McKinlay, John B.
2000, Volume 51, Issue 4
- 481-489 Job stress and the occupational gradient in coronary heart disease risk in women: The Stockholm Female Coronary Risk Study
by Wamala, Sarah P. & Mittleman, Murray A. & Horsten, Myriam & Schenck-Gustafsson, Karin & Orth-Gomér, Kristina
- 491-503 Hospital pharmacy automation: collective mobility or collective control?
by Novek, Joel
- 505-509 The politics of herbal drugs in Korea
by Cho, Byong-Hee
- 511-521 Caesarean section delivery in Kerala, India: evidence from a National Family Health Survey
by Padmadas, Sabu S. & Kumar S., Suresh & Nair, Sajini B. & Kumari K.R., Anitha
- 523-537 Defensive medicine during hospital obstetrical care: a by-product of the technological age
by Bassett, Ken L. & Iyer, Nitya & Kazanjian, Arminee
- 539-550 Searching for socioeconomic risk factors in perinatal mortality in Kuwait: a case control study
by Shah, Nasra M. & Shah, Makhdoom A. & Khalaf, Abdul Aziz & Mustafa, Mustafa Mohammad & Al-Sayed, Ali
- 551-561 Frequency and timing of antenatal care in Kenya: explaining the variations between women of different communities
by Magadi, Monica Akinyi & Madise, Nyovani Janet & Rodrigues, Roberto Nascimento
- 563-587 Social inequality, population health, and housing: a study of two Vancouver neighborhoods
by Dunn, James R. & Hayes, Michael V.
- 589-598 How was life after treatment of a malignant brain tumour?
by Salander, Pär & Bergenheim, A. Tommy & Henriksson, Roger
- 599-612 Measuring equity in access to health care
by Waters, Hugh R.
- 613-617 Health risk and inequitable distribution of liquor stores in African American neighborhood
by LaVeist, Thomas A. & Wallace, John M.
- 619-636 Going down to the local: incorporating social organisation and political culture into assessments of decentralised health care
by Atkinson, Sarah & Medeiros, Regianne Leila Rolim & Oliveira, Paulo Henrique Lima & de Almeida, Ricardo Dias
2000, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 321-334 Comprehensive integrated primary mental health care for South Africa. Pipedream or possibility?
by Petersen, Inge
- 335-342 When providers and community leaders define health priorities: the results of a Delphi survey in the canton of Geneva
by Schopper, D. & Ammon, C. & Ronchi, A. & Rougemont, A.
- 343-359 Appropriateness measurement: application to advice-giving in community pharmacies
by Bissell, P. & Ward, P. R. & Noyce, P. R.
- 361-371 Gender, socioeconomic development and health-seeking behaviour in Bangladesh
by Ahmed, Syed Masud & Adams, Alayne M. & Chowdhury, Mushtaque & Bhuiya, Abbas
- 373-379 Violence and fear of violence in East and West Germany
by Clark, David E. & Wildner, Manfred
- 381-394 Self-identity in older persons suffering from dementia: preliminary results
by Cohen-Mansfield, Jiska & Golander, Hava & Arnheim, Giyorah
- 395-405 Money illusion among health care providers: should we adjust for inflation in analyses of provider behavior?
by Mayer, Michelle L. & Rozier, R. Gary
- 407-417 Discounted lives? Weighing disability when measuring health and ruling on "compassionate" murder
by Rock, Melanie
- 419-427 Life quality vs the 'quality of life':: assumptions underlying prospective quality of life instruments in health care planning
by Koch, Tom
- 429-438 Consultation with another physician on euthanasia and assisted suicide in the Netherlands
by Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & van der Wal, Gerrit & Kostense, Piet J. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 439-452 The understanding of their illness amongst people with irritable bowel syndrome: a Q methodological study
by Stenner, P. H. D. & Dancey, C. P. & Watts, S.
- 453-462 Information presentation and decisions to enter clinical trials: a hypothetical trial of hormone replacement therapy
by Wragg, Jillian A. & Robinson, Elizabeth J. & Lilford, Richard J.
- 463-475 Patient education literature and help seeking behaviour: perspectives from an evaluation in the United Kingdom
by Milewa, Timothy & Calnan, Michael & Almond, Stephen & Hunter, Alethea
2000, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 159-173 Acculturation and health in Korean Americans
by Lee, Soo-Kyung & Sobal, Jeffery & Frongillo, Edward A.