Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2003, Volume 56, Issue 6
- 1355-1367 'Double or quits': perceptions and management of organ transplantation by adults with cystic fibrosis
by Lowton, Karen
2003, Volume 56, Issue 5
- 905-913 Disclosure of cancer diagnosis and prognosis in Northern Tanzania
by Harris, Julian J. & Shao, John & Sugarman, Jeremy
- 915-920 Social psychological correlates of paying attention to cancer symptoms and seeking medical help
by de Nooijer, Jascha & Lechner, Lilian & de Vries, Hein
- 921-934 Assessing the quality of life of patients in phase I and II anti-cancer drug trials: interviews versus questionnaires
by Cox, Karen
- 935-947 Health inequalities in the older population: the role of personal capital, social resources and socio-economic circumstances
by Grundy, Emily & Sloggett, Andy
- 949-960 The effect of social relations with children on the education-health link in men and women aged 40 and over
by Antonucci, Toni C. & Ajrouch, Kristine J. & Janevic, Mary R.
- 961-971 Trends in the association between average income, poverty and income inequality and life expectancy in Spain
by Regidor, Enrique & Calle, M. Elisa & Navarro, Pedro & Domínguez, Vicente
- 973-985 Psychological distress during unemployment and beyond: social support and material deprivation among youth in six northern European countries
by Bjarnason, Thoroddur & Sigurdardottir, Thordis J.
- 987-1000 Trends in social inequality in self-reported health in the Netherlands; does infant mortality in year of birth as a cohort indicator matter?
by Monden, Christiaan W. S. & Kraaykamp, Gerbert & Dirk De Graaf, Nan
- 1001-1012 Involving the general public in priority setting: experiences from Australia
by Wiseman, V. & Mooney, G. & Berry, G. & Tang, K. C.
- 1013-1021 The vaginitis monologues: women's experiences of vaginal complaints in a primary care setting
by Karasz, Alison & Anderson, Matthew
- 1023-1032 Interpretations of smoking in film by older teenagers
by McCool, Judith P. & Cameron, Linda D. & Petrie, Keith J.
- 1033-1045 Public hazards or private tragedies? An exploratory study of the effect of coroners' procedures on those bereaved by suicide
by Biddle, Lucy
- 1047-1059 Perceptions of health hazards in the narratives of Italian migrant workers at an Australian asbestos mine (1943-1966)
by Cappelletto, Francesca & Merler, Enzo
- 1061-1072 The M-C-M' cycle and social capital
by Hean, Sarah & Cowley, Sarah & Forbes, Angus & Griffiths, Peter & Maben, Jill
- 1073-1085 A community-based assessment of learning disabilities using environmental and contextual risk factors
by Margai, Florence & Henry, Norah
- 1087-1098 Culture and therapy: complementary strategies for the treatment of type-2 diabetes in an urban setting in Kerala, India
by Chacko, Elizabeth
- 1099-1109 Diversity in lay perceptions of the sources of human traits: genes, environments, and personal behaviors
by Parrott, Roxanne L. & Silk, Kami J. & Condit, Celeste
- 1111-1120 Social capital and sense of insecurity in the neighbourhood: a population-based multilevel analysis in Malmö, Sweden
by Lindström, Martin & Merlo, Juan & Östergren, Per-Olof
- 1121-1133 Valuing the benefits and costs of health care programmes: where's the 'extra' in extra-welfarism?
by Birch, Stephen & Donaldson, Cam
- 1135-1138 Somatic fixation: the harm of healing
by Biderman, Aya & Yeheskel, Ayala & Herman, Joseph
2003, Volume 56, Issue 4
- 671-684 Evaluating meta-ethnography: a synthesis of qualitative research on lay experiences of diabetes and diabetes care
by Campbell, Rona & Pound, Pandora & Pope, Catherine & Britten, Nicky & Pill, Roisin & Morgan, Myfanwy & Donovan, Jenny
- 685-700 Evaluation of midwifery care: results from a survey in rural Guatemala
by Goldman, Noreen & Glei, Dana A.
- 701-712 Rapid assessment procedures of malaria in low endemic countries: community perceptions in Jepara district, Indonesia
by Utarini, Adi & Winkvist, Anna & Ulfa, Fahmi Maria
- 713-724 War, gender and culture: Mozambican women refugees
by Sideris, Tina
- 725-738 International NGOs and primary health care in Mozambique: the need for a new model of collaboration
by Pfeiffer, James
- 739-751 Subfecundity and anxiety in a nationally representative sample
by King, Rosalind Berkowitz
- 753-768 Provider bias in the treatment of diarrhea among boys and girls attending public facilities in Minia, Egypt
by Yount, Kathryn M.
- 769-784 The measurement of SES in health research: current practice and steps toward a new approach
by Oakes, J. Michael & Rossi, Peter H.
- 785-792 Does active leisure protect cognition? Evidence from a national birth cohort
by Richards, Marcus & Hardy, Rebecca & Wadsworth, Michael E. J.
- 793-801 Burial at Srebrenica: linking place and trauma
by Pollack, Craig Evan
- 803-814 Eliciting preferences of the community for out of hours care provided by general practitioners: a stated preference discrete choice experiment
by Scott, Anthony & Watson, M. Stuart & Ross, Sue
- 815-819 Psychosocial burden of [beta]-thalassaemia major in Antalya, south Turkey
by Canatan, Duran & Ratip, Siret & Kaptan, Saniye & Cosan, Rüya
- 821-833 In search of a Healing Place: Aboriginal women in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside
by Benoit, Cecilia & Carroll, Dena & Chaudhry, Munaza
- 835-849 "Patient counselling" by pharmacists: four approaches to the delivery of counselling sequences and their interactional reception
by Pilnick, Alison
- 851-862 Ethnic differences in choices of health information by cancer patients using complementary and alternative medicine: an exploratory study with correspondence analysis
by Kakai, Hisako & Maskarinec, Gertraud & Shumay, Dianne M. & Tatsumura, Yvonne & Tasaki, Katsuya
- 863-868 Menstrual-related changes expected by premenarcheal girls living in rural and urban areas of Mexico
by Marván, María Luisa & Vacio, Angeles & Espinosa-Hernández, Graciela
- 869-882 The risk of smoking in relation to engagement with a school-based smoking intervention
by Aveyard, Paul & Markham, Wolfgang A & Almond, Joanne & Lancashire, Emma & Cheng, K. K.
- 883-894 Gender differences in excessive daytime sleepiness among Japanese workers
by Doi, Yuriko & Minowa, Masumi
- 895-897 Commentary on: A psychometric analysis of the measurement level of the rating scale, time trade-off, and standard gamble, by Cook et al
by Hawthorne, Graeme & Osborne, Richard H. & Elliott, Peter
2003, Volume 56, Issue 3
- 439-448 'Let me explain': narrative emplotment and one patient's experience of oral cancer
by Crossley, Michele L.
- 449-464 Moving from information transfer to information exchange in health and health care
by Lee, Renée Gravois & Garvin, Theresa
- 465-476 Norms, social networks, and HIV-related risk behaviors among urban disadvantaged drug users
by Latkin, Carl A. & Forman, Valerie & Knowlton, Amy & Sherman, Susan
- 477-490 Tuberculosis mortality and recent childbirth: a retrospective case-control study of Gibraltarian women, 1874-1884
by Burke, Stacie D. A. & Sawchuk, Lawrence A.
- 491-499 'They look like my kind of people'--perceptions of smoking images in youth magazines
by MacFadyen, Lynn & Amos, Amanda & Hastings, Gerard & Parkes, Edward
- 501-515 Re-reading the IPSS research record
by Williams, Charmaine C.
- 517-529 Can the school make a difference? A multilevel analysis of adolescent risk and health behaviour
by Maes, Lea & Lievens, John
- 531-550 Life in a secure unit: the rehabilitation of young people through the use of sport
by Andrews, Justin P. & Andrews, Gavin J.
- 551-567 Impacts of an environmental disaster on psychosocial health and well-being in Karakalpakstan
by Crighton, Eric J. & Elliott, Susan J. & Meer, Joost van der & Small, Ian & Upshur, Ross
- 569-572 Perception of risk and subjective health among victims of the Chernobyl disaster
by Havenaar, J. M. & de Wilde, E. J. & van den Bout, J. & Drottz-Sjöberg, B. M. & van den Brink, W.
- 573-587 Causes and health consequences of environmental degradation and social injustice
by Donohoe, Martin
- 589-602 What are the ingredients for a successful evidence-based patient choice consultation?: A qualitative study
by Ford, Sarah & Schofield, Theo & Hope, Tony
- 603-616 A certain art of uncertainty: case presentation and the development of professional identity
by Lingard, L. & Garwood, K. & Schryer, C. F. & Spafford, M. M.
- 617-630 Sandwiching it in: spillover of work onto food choices and family roles in low- and moderate-income urban households
by Devine, Carol M. & Connors, Margaret M. & Sobal, Jeffery & Bisogni, Carole A.
- 631-642 Gender and coping: the parents of children with high functioning autism
by Gray, David E.
- 643-655 A model of mother-child coping and adjustment to HIV
by Hough, Edythe S. & Brumitt, Gail & Templin, Thomas & Saltz, Eli & Mood, Darlene
- 657-669 African-Caribbean interactions with mental health services in the UK: experiences and expectations of exclusion as (re)productive of health inequalities
by Mclean, Carl & Campbell, Catherine & Cornish, Flora
2003, Volume 56, Issue 2
- 203-217 Two views of self-rated general health status
by Bailis, Daniel S. & Segall, Alexander & Chipperfield, Judith G.
- 219-234 Inherited burden of disease: agricultural dams and the persistence of bloody urine (Schistosomiasis hematobium) in the Upper East Region of Ghana, 1959-1997
by Hunter, John M.
- 235-245 Understanding lesbians' healthcare behaviour: the case of breast self-examination
by Fish, J. & Wilkinson, S.
- 247-257 Social relations and depressive symptoms in older adults with knee osteoarthritis
by Sherman, Aurora M.
- 259-269 Volunteering and depression: the role of psychological and social resources in different age groups
by Musick, Marc A. & Wilson, John
- 271-284 Unraveling the mysteries of timing: women's perceptions about time to treatment for cardiac symptoms
by Schoenberg, Nancy E. & Peters, Jane C. & Drew, Elaine M.
- 285-297 The feasibility of using ethnicity as a primary tool for antenatal selective screening for sickle cell disorders: pointers from the research evidence
by Aspinall, Peter J. & Dyson, Simon M. & Anionwu, Elizabeth N.
- 299-312 Subjective experiences of stigma. A focus group study of schizophrenic patients, their relatives and mental health professionals
by Schulze, Beate & Angermeyer, Matthias C.
- 313-320 Online commentary during the physical examination: a communication tool for avoiding inappropriate antibiotic prescribing?
by Mangione-Smith, Rita & Stivers, Tanya & Elliott, Marc & McDonald, Laurie & Heritage, John
- 321-332 Disability and a sense of community belonging A study among tetraplegic spinal-cord-injured persons in France
by Ville, Isabelle & Crost, Monique & Ravaud, Jean-François
- 333-342 The impact of public voluntary health insurance on private health expenditures in Vietnam
by Jowett, M. & Contoyannis, P. & Vinh, N. D.
- 343-353 Technical and cost efficiency of oral health care provision in Finnish health centres
by Linna, Miika & Nordblad, Anne & Koivu, Matti
- 355-361 Social mobility and self-reported limiting long-term illness among West Indian and South Asian migrants living in England and Wales
by Harding, Seeromanie
- 363-374 Gender differences in physical activity in older children and adolescents: the central role of organized sport
by Vilhjalmsson, Runar & Kristjansdottir, Gudrun
- 375-386 How can we learn to live with pain? A Q-methodological analysis of the diverse understandings of acceptance of chronic pain
by Risdon, Andrea & Eccleston, Chris & Crombez, Geert & McCracken, Lance
- 387-403 The influence of attractiveness factors and distance to general practice surgeries by level of social disadvantage and global access in Perth, Western Australia
by Hyndman, Jilda C. G. & Holman, C. D'Arcy J. & Pritchard, Douglas A.
- 405-413 Mortality after spousal loss: are there socio-demographic differences?
by Manor, Orly & Eisenbach, Zvi
- 415-424 Concepts of arthritis in India's medical traditions: Ayurvedic and Unani perspectives
by Pugh, Judy F.
2003, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 1-15 Frequent job change and associated health
by Metcalfe, Chris & Davey Smith, George & Sterne, Jonathan A. C. & Heslop, Pauline & Macleod, John & Hart, Carole
- 17-29 Children in classrooms: peer status, status distribution and mental well-being
by Östberg, Viveca
- 31-39 Sex differences in health at ages 11, 13 and 15
by Sweeting, Helen & West, Patrick
- 41-52 Adolescent smoking and family structure in Europe
by Griesbach, Dawn & Amos, Amanda & Currie, Candace
- 67-81 The clinical governance of the soul: 'deep management' and the self-regulating subject in integrated community mental health teams
by Brown, Brian & Crawford, Paul
- 83-94 Eliciting the smoker's agenda: implications for policy and practice
by McKie, L. & Laurier, E. & Taylor, R. J. & Lennox, A. S.
- 95-109 Judging the quality of care at the end of life: can proxies provide reliable information?
by McPherson, C. J. & Addington-Hall, J. M.
- 111-124 Women, international migration and self-reported health. A population-based study of women of reproductive age
by Iglesias, Edgar & Robertson, Eva & Johansson, Sven-Erik & Engfeldt, Peter & Sundquist, Jan
- 125-134 Gender inequalities, intimate partner violence and HIV preventive practices: findings of a South African cross-sectional study
by Jewkes, Rachel K. & Levin, Jonathan B. & Penn-Kekana, Loveday A.
- 135-147 Children and adolescents who sell sex: a community study
by Pedersen, Willy & Hegna, Kristinn
- 149-165 Unsafe sexual behaviour in South African youth
by Eaton, Liberty & Flisher, Alan J. & Aarø, Leif E.
- 167-178 Unplanned childbearing in Kenya: the socio-demographic correlates and the extent of repeatability among women
by Magadi, Monica Akinyi
- 179-191 Women's health and the internet: understanding emerging trends and implications
by Pandey, Sanjay K. & Hart, John J. & Tiwary, Sheela
- 193-202 Depression as a predictor of return to work in patients with coronary artery disease
by Söderman, Eva & Lisspers, Jan & Sundin, Örjan
2002, Volume 55, Issue 12
- 2083-2092 Income inequality, residential poverty clustering and infant mortality: a study in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
by Szwarcwald, Célia Landmann & Andrade, Carla Lourenço Tavares de & Bastos, Francisco Inácio
- 2093-2105 Puerto Rican understandings of child disability: methods for the cultural validation of standardized measures of child health
by Gannotti, Mary E. & Handwerker, W. Penn
- 2107-2119 Birth spacing, sibling rivalry and child mortality in India
by Whitworth, Alison & Stephenson, Rob
- 2121-2130 Investigating starting-point bias: a survey of willingness to pay for insecticide-treated nets
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Nwagbo, Douglas
- 2131-2140 Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and hopelessness: psychosocial factors
by Plahuta, Janice M. & McCulloch, B. Jan & Kasarskis, Edward J. & Ross, Mark A. & Walter, Rhoda A. & McDonald, Evelyn R.
- 2141-2148 Perceptions of philosophic and practice differences between US osteopathic physicians and their allopathic counterparts
by Johnson, Shirley M. & Kurtz, Margot E.
- 2149-2158 The role of adaptation to disability and disease in health state valuation: a preliminary normative analysis
by Menzel, Paul & Dolan, Paul & Richardson, Jeff & Olsen, Jan Abel
- 2159-2169 The impact of the changing marital structure on fertility of Hong Kong SAR (Special Administrative Region)
by Yip, Paul S. F. & Lee, Joseph
- 2171-2175 Differences in low-birthweight among documented and undocumented foreign-born and US-born Latinas
by Kelaher, Margaret & Jessop, Dorothy Jones
- 2177-2188 Determinants of and inequalities in self-perceived health in Ukraine
by Gilmore, Anna B. C. & McKee, Martin & Rose, Richard
- 2189-2191 Drawing lines in the sand: the boundaries of the HIV pandemic in perspective
by Shapiro, Roger L.
- 2193-2200 From retreat to health centre: legislation, commercial opportunity and the repositioning of a Victorian private asylum
by Joseph, Alun E. & Moon, Graham
- 2201-2213 Catching waves: the historical geography of the general practice fundholding initiative in England and Wales
by Moon, Graham & Mohan, John & Twigg, Liz & McGrath, Kevin & Pollock, Allyson
- 2215-2226 Strategies to improve adherence to recommended chloroquine treatment regimes: a quasi-experiment in the context of integrated primary health care delivery in Ghana
by Agyepong, Irene Akua & Ansah, Evelyn & Gyapong, Margaret & Adjei, Sam & Barnish, Guy & Evans, David
- 2227-2241 The social and psychological impact of the chemical contamination incident in Weston Village, UK: a qualitative analysis
by Barnes, Geoffrey & Baxter, Jamie & Litva, Andrea & Staples, Brian
- 2243-2252 Race/ethnicity and depressive symptoms: a cross-cultural/ethnic comparison among university students in East Asia, North and South America
by Iwata, Noboru & Buka, Stephen
- 2253-2265 Health care reform in Russia: a survey of head doctors and insurance administrators
by Twigg, Judyth L.
- 2267-2282 Using the DATCAP and ASI to estimate the costs and benefits of residential addiction treatment in the State of Washington
by French, Michael T. & Salomé, Helena J. & Carney, Molly
2002, Volume 55, Issue 11
- 1891-1904 Cultural correlates of youth suicide
by Eckersley, Richard & Dear, Keith
- 1905-1921 The contribution of medical care to changing life expectancy in Germany and Poland
by Nolte, Ellen & Scholz, Rembrandt & Shkolnikov, Vladimir & McKee, Martin
- 1923-1928 On the measurement of relative and absolute income-related health inequality
by Clarke, Philip M. & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Johannesson, Magnus & Bingefors, Kerstin & Smith, Len
- 1929-1946 Economic role of solidarity and social capital in accessing modern health care services in the Ivory Coast
by Ayé, Marcellin & Champagne, François & Contandriopoulos, André-Pierre
- 1947-1955 Qualitative differences among cancer clinical trial explanations
by Roberts, Felicia
- 1957-1973 Lifetime risk factors for women's psychological distress in midlife
by Kuh, Diana & Hardy, Rebecca & Rodgers, Bryan & Wadsworth, Michael E. J.
- 1975-1988 Change in psychological and vasomotor symptom reporting during the menopause
by Hardy, Rebecca & Kuh, Diana
- 1989-2004 Childhood and adulthood risk factors for socio-economic differentials in psychological distress: evidence from the 1958 British birth cohort
by Power, C. & Stansfeld, S. A. & Matthews, S. & Manor, O. & Hope, S.
- 2005-2016 Building an inter-disciplinary science of health inequalities: the example of lifecourse research
by Graham, Hilary
- 2017-2031 Exploring the determinants of health for First Nations peoples in Canada: can existing frameworks accommodate traditional activities?
by Wilson, Kathleen & Rosenberg, Mark W.
- 2033-2052 Unemployment and health: contextual-level influences on the production of health in populations
by Béland, Francois & Birch, Stephen & Stoddart, Greg
- 2053-2060 SWAp dynamics in a decentralized context: experiences from Uganda
by Jeppsson, Anders
- 2061-2072 Afghan refugees and the temporal and spatial distribution of malaria in Pakistan
by Rowland, Mark & Rab, Mohammad Abdur & Freeman, Tim & Durrani, Naeem & Rehman, Naveeda
2002, Volume 55, Issue 10
- 1693-1712 Choices about treatment for ARI and diarrhea in rural Guatemala
by Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R. & Gragnolati, Michele
- 1713-1724 The changing nature of murder in Russia
by Chervyakov, Valeriy V. & Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Pridemore, William Alex & McKee, Martin
- 1725-1744 Development of a questionnaire for quantitative assessment in the field of health and human rights
by Wildner, Manfred & Fischer, Richela & Brunner, Anne
- 1745-1755 Entering the well-guarded fortress: alternative practitioners in hospital settings
by Shuval, Judith T. & Mizrachi, Nissim & Smetannikov, Emma
- 1757-1769 Being deaf and being other things: young Asian people negotiating identities
by Ahmad, Waqar I. U. & Atkin, Karl & Jones, Lesley
- 1771-1777 Clinical autonomy, individual and collective: the problem of changing doctors' behaviour
by Armstrong, David
- 1779-1794 Equity in health care access to: assessing the urban health insurance reform in China
by Liu, Gordon G. & Zhao, Zhongyun & Cai, Renhua & Yamada, Tetsuji & Yamada, Tadashi
- 1795-1802 Illness management strategies among Chinese immigrants living with arthritis
by Zhang, Jinjin & Verhoef, Marja J.
- 1803-1812 The influence of the Chinese zodiac on fertility in Hong Kong SAR
by Yip, Paul S. F. & Lee, Joseph & Cheung, Y. B.
- 1813-1816 Chronic pain in land mine accident survivors in Cambodia and Kurdistan
by Husum, Hans & Resell, Kirsten & Vorren, Gyri & Heng, Yang Van & Murad, Mudhafar & Gilbert, Mads & Wisborg, Torben
- 1817-1828 The effects of migration on the detection of geographic differences in disease risk
by Rogerson, Peter A. & Han, Daikwon
- 1829-1833 Radically changing the research framework during a health geography study
by Baer, Leonard D.
- 1835-1847 Parenting in a crisis: conceptualising mothers of children with cancer
by Young, Bridget & Dixon-Woods, Mary & Findlay, Michelle & Heney, David
- 1849-1869 Utilization of maternal health care services in Southern India
by Navaneetham, K. & Dharmalingam, A.
- 1871-1885 Inter and intra individual variations in physicians' verbal behaviour during primary care consultations
by Piccolo, Lidia Del & Mazzi, Mariangela & Saltini, Anna & Zimmermann, Christa
2002, Volume 55, Issue 9
- 1493-1509 Young men in 'crisis': attending to the language of teenage boys' distress
by McQueen, Carolyn & Henwood, Karen
- 1511-1522 Vaginal wetness: an underestimated problem experienced by progestogen injectable contraceptive users in South Africa
by Smit, Jennifer & McFadyen, Lynn & Zuma, Khangelani & Preston-Whyte, Eleanor
- 1523-1537 Change in determinants of use of physician services in Finland between 1987 and 1996
by Häkkinen, Unto
- 1539-1551 Balancing responsibility for sanitation
by Allison, Maria Clasina
- 1553-1560 Beneficial effects of a woman-focused development programme on child survival: evidence from rural Bangladesh
by Bhuiya, Abbas & Chowdhury, Mushtaque
- 1561-1570 A note on the use of a single inequality index in testing the effect of income distribution on mortality
by Laporte, Audrey
- 1571-1578 Dutch GPs' perceptions: the influence of out-of-pocket costs on prescribing
by Kasje, W. N. & Timmer, J. W. & Boendermaker, P. M. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, F. M.
- 1579-1587 Factors influencing private health providers' technical quality of care for acute respiratory infections among under-five children in rural West Bengal, India
by Chakraborty, Sarbani & Frick, Kevin
- 1589-1602 Prevalence of battering among 1780 outpatients at an internal medicine institution in Mexico
by Díaz-Olavarrieta, Claudia & Ellertson, Charlotte & Paz, Francisco & de Leon, Samuel Ponce & Alarcon-Segovia, Donato
- 1603-1617 Risk factors for domestic violence: findings from a South African cross-sectional study
by Jewkes, Rachel & Levin, Jonathan & Penn-Kekana, Loveday
- 1619-1633 Living with asthma: the experiences of young people at home and at school
by Gabe, Jonathan & Bury, Michael & Ramsay, Rosemary
- 1635-1646 The effect of health-related quality of life (HRQOL) on health service utilisation of a Chinese population
by Lam, Cindy L. K. & Fong, Daniel Y. T. & Lauder, Ian J. & Lam, Tai-Pong D.
- 1647-1661 Ethnicity, environment and health: putting ethnic inequalities in health in their place
by Karlsen, Saffron & Nazroo, James Y. & Stephenson, Rob
- 1663-1669 High-frequency death certifiers in Taiwan: a sociocultural product
by Lu, Tsung-Hsueh & Janes, Craig R. & Lee, Meng-Chih & Chou, Ming-Chih & Shih, Tai-Ping
- 1671-1690 Transnational industrial power, the medical profession and the regulatory state: adverse drug reactions and the crisis over the safety of Halcion in the Netherlands and the UK
by Abraham, John
2002, Volume 55, Issue 8
- 1285-1296 Homeopath & patient-a dyad of harmony?
by Frank, R.
- 1297-1307 Migration and HIV prevention programmes: linking structural factors, culture, and individual behaviour--an Israeli experience
by Soskolne, Varda & Shtarkshall, Ronny A.
- 1309-1323 Cross-cultural encounters between careproviders: rabbis' referral letters to a psychiatric clinic in Israel
by Goodman, Yehuda & Witztum, Eliezer
- 1325-1336 Researching sexual and reproductive behaviour: a peer ethnographic approach
by Price, Neil & Hawkins, Kirstan
- 1337-1349 The lesser shame: abortion among educated women in southern Cameroon
by Johnson-Hanks, Jennifer
- 1351-1371 Adolescent understandings of political violence and psychological well-being: a qualitative study from Bosnia Herzegovina
by Jones, Lynne
- 1373-1383 Social capital and violence in the United States, 1974-1993
by Galea, Sandro & Karpati, Adam & Kennedy, Bruce
- 1385-1399 Who's at risk? Factors associated with intimate partner violence in the Philippines
by Hindin, Michelle J. & Adair, Linda S.
- 1401-1413 Physician evaluation of obesity in health surveys: "who are you calling fat?"
by Ferraro, Kenneth F. & Holland, Kimberlee B.
- 1415-1424 Self-rated economic condition and the health of elderly persons in Hong Kong
by Cheng, Y. H. & Chi, I. & Boey, K. W. & Ko, L. S. F. & Chou, K. L.
- 1425-1434 The instrumental uses of autonomy: A review of AIDS law and policy in Europe
by Harrington, John A
- 1435-1446 Barriers, facilitators, and access for wheelchair users: sbstantive and methodologic lessons from a pilot study of environmental effects
by Meyers, Allan R. & Anderson, Jennifer J. & Miller, Donald R. & Shipp, Kathy & Hoenig, Helen
- 1447-1455 The changing nature of contracts in German health care
by Riemer-Hommel, Petra
- 1457-1470 Neighborhood structural characteristics and mental disorder: Faris and Dunham revisited
by Silver, Eric & Mulvey, Edward P. & Swanson, Jeffrey W.
- 1471-1483 'Could you please pass one of those health leaflets along?': exploring health, morality and resistance through focus groups
by Crossley, Michele L.
2002, Volume 55, Issue 7
- 1079-1087 Discourse in different voices: reconciling N=1 and N=many
by Little, Miles & Jordens, Christopher F. C. & Paul, Kim & Sayers, Emma-Jane & Cruickshank, Jane Ann & Stegeman, Jantine & Montgomery, Kathleen
- 1089-1102 Increasing use of prenatal care in Ladakh (India): the roles of ecological and cultural factors
by Wiley, Andrea S.
- 1103-1113 Syringe type and drug injector risk for HIV infection: a case study in Texas
by Zule, William A. & Desmond, David P. & Neff, James Alan
- 1115-1127 "Come back when you're dying:" the commodification of AIDS among California's urban poor
by Crane, Johanna & Quirk, Kathleen & van der Straten, Ariane
- 1129-1142 Rural families caring for a relative with dementia: barriers to use of formal services
by Morgan, Debra G. & Semchuk, Karen M. & Stewart, Norma J. & D'Arcy, Carl
- 1143-1156 Concepts of iron deficiency anemia and public health measures in rural Costa Rica
by Jefferds, Mariaelena D.
- 1157-1172 The health capital of families: an investigation of the inter-spousal correlation in health status
by Wilson, Sven E.
- 1173-1187 Evaluating the participatory process in a community-based heart health project
by Naylor, Patti-Jean & Wharf-Higgins, Joan & Blair, Lynne & Green, Lawrence & O'Connor, Brian
- 1189-1206 Making health data maps: a case study of a community/university research collaboration
by Buckeridge, David L & Mason, Robin & Robertson, Ann & Frank, John & Glazier, Richard & Purdon, Lorraine & Amrhein, Carl G & Chaudhuri, Nita & Fuller-Thomson, Esme & Gozdyra, Peter & Hulchanski, David & Moldofsky, Byron & Thompson, Maureen & Wright, Robert
- 1207-1211 Effect of ethnic background on Danish hospital utilisation patterns
by Krasnik, Allan & Norredam, Marie & Sorensen, Tine Moller & Michaelsen, Jette Joost & Nielsen, Anette Sonne & Keiding, Niels
- 1213-1229 Expanding the scope of health reform: application in the United States
by Begley, Charles E. & Aday, Lu Ann & Lairson, David R. & Slater, Carl H.
- 1231-1244 The epidemiology of rape and sexual coercion in South Africa: an overview
by Jewkes, Rachel & Abrahams, Naeema
- 1245-1253 Is GP-patient communication related to their perceptions of illness severity, coping and social support?
by Deveugele, M. & Derese, A. & De Maeseneer, J.
- 1255-1266 Predictors of health and human services use by persons with dementia and their family caregivers
by Toseland, Ronald W. & McCallion, Philip & Gerber, Todd & Banks, Steve
- 1267-1278 Chicken or the egg? The biological-psychological controversy surrounding hyperemesis gravidarum
by Munch, Shari
2002, Volume 55, Issue 6
- 881-893 Encountering the downward phase: biographical work in people with multiple sclerosis living at home
by Boeije, Hennie R. & Duijnstee, Mia S. H. & Grypdonck, Mieke H. F. & Pool, Aart
- 895-906 Cost characteristics of hospitals
by Smet, Mike
- 907-920 Ready to die: a postmodern interpretation of the increase of African-American adolescent male suicide
by Willis, Leigh A. & Coombs, David W. & Cockerham, William C. & Frison, Sonja L.
- 921-935 State-event relations among indicators of susceptibility to mental distress in Wythenshawe in the UK
by Thomas, Richard & Evans, Sherrill & Gately, Claire & Stordy, Joe & Huxley, Peter & Rogers, Anne & Robson, Brian
- 937-948 Early origins and adult correlates of psychosomatic distress
by Cheung, Yin Bun
- 949-961 Social status determinants of control in individuals' accounts of their mental illness
by Maher, Erin J. & Kroska, Amy
- 963-979 Marginal employment and health in Britain and Germany: does unstable employment predict health?
by Rodriguez, Eunice
- 981-989 The effects of introducing prospective payments to general hospitals on length of stay, quality of care, and hospitals' income: the early experience of Israel
by Shmueli, Amir & Intrator, Orna & Israeli, Avi
- 991-1003 Interdisciplinary collaboration within Quebec community health care centres
by Sicotte, Claude & D'Amour, Danielle & Moreault, Marie-Pierre
- 1005-1013 Primary health care in the era of HIV/AIDS. Some implications for health systems reform
by Petersen, Inge & Swartz, Leslie
- 1015-1024 The spatial epidemiology of cholera in an endemic area of Bangladesh
by Ali, Mohammad & Emch, Michael & Donnay, J. P. & Yunus, Mohammad & Sack, R. B.
- 1025-1037 An investigation of the health beliefs and motivations of complementary medicine clients
by Sirois, Fuschia M. & Gick, Mary L.
- 1039-1054 Gender and health in rural China: evidence from HeBei province
by Anson, Ofra & Sun, Shifang
- 1055-1068 Gradients in risk for youth injury associated with multiple-risk behaviours: a study of 11,329 Canadian adolescents
by Pickett, William & Garner, Michael J. & Boyce, William F. & King, Matthew A.
- 1069-1076 Predictors of Canadian legislators' support for tobacco control policies
by Cohen, Joanna E. & de Guia, Nicole A. & Ashley, Mary Jane & Ferrence, Roberta & Northrup, David A. & Studlar, Donley T.
2002, Volume 55, Issue 5
- 695-708 Vocabularies of motive for illicit steroid use among bodybuilders
by Monaghan, Lee F.
- 709-719 "Why don't they just tell me straight, why allocate it?" The struggle to make sense of participating in a randomised controlled trial
by Featherstone, Katie & Donovan, Jenny L.
- 721-732 Bad news from the patient's perspective: an analysis of the written narratives of newly diagnosed cancer patients
by Salander, Pär
- 733-741 Medical dominance in Italy: a partial decline
by Tousijn, Willem
- 743-753 Too many choices? Hospital and community staff reflect on the future of prenatal screening
by Williams, Clare & Alderson, Priscilla & Farsides, Bobbie