Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2003, Volume 57, Issue 6
- 1077-1090 The process of mediated aging-in-place: a theoretically and empirically based model
by Cutchin, Malcolm P.
- 1091-1097 Short report: Migration among persons living with HIV
by Berk, Marc L. & Schur, Claudia L. & Dunbar, Jennifer L. & Bozzette, Sam & Shapiro, Martin
- 1099-1115 Women's empowerment and fertility decline among the Pare of Kilimanjaro region, Northern Tanzania
by Larsen, Ulla & Hollos, Marida
- 1117-1126 A new look at neighborhoods near National Priorities List sites
by Heitgerd, Janet L. & Virginia Lee, C.
- 1127-1142 Indicators of empowerment and disempowerment in the subjective evaluation of the psychiatric treatment process by persons with severe and persistent mental illness: a qualitative and quantitative analysis
by Kilian, Reinhold & Lindenbach, Iro & Löbig, Uta & Uhle, Matthias & Petscheleit, Andreas & Angermeyer, Matthias C.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 5
- 769-774 Psychological distress among Thai migrant workers in Israel
by Griffin, Jennifer & Soskolne, Varda
- 775-781 Dimensions of trauma associated with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) caseness, severity and functional impairment: a study of Bosnian refugees resettled in Australia
by Momartin, S. & Silove, D. & Manicavasagar, V. & Steel, Z.
- 783-790 Factors affecting decisions to seek treatment for sick children in Kerala, India
by Pillai, Rajamohanan K & Williams, Sankey V. & Glick, Henry A. & Polsky, Daniel & Berlin, Jesse A. & Lowe, Robert A.
- 791-806 Interacting with cancer patients: the significance of physicians' communication behavior
by Arora, Neeraj K.
- 807-824 Job characteristics, physical and psychological symptoms, and social support as antecedents of sickness absence among men and women in the private industrial sector
by Väänänen, Ari & Toppinen-Tanner, Salla & Kalimo, Raija & Mutanen, Pertti & Vahtera, Jussi & Peiró, José M.
- 825-841 Children's health-related quality of life, neighbourhood socio-economic deprivation and social capital. A contextual analysis
by Drukker, Marjan & Kaplan, Charles & Feron, Frans & van Os, Jim
- 843-860 Poverty, affluence, and income inequality: neighborhood economic structure and its implications for health
by Wen, Ming & Browning, Christopher R. & Cagney, Kathleen A.
- 861-873 Socioeconomic inequalities in morbidity among the elderly; a European overview
by Huisman, Martijn & Kunst, Anton E. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 875-880 Quality of internet access: barrier behind internet use statistics
by Skinner, Harvey & Biscope, Sherry & Poland, Blake
- 881-893 Damned if you do: culture, identity, privilege, and teenage childbearing in the United States
by Geronimus, Arline T.
- 895-904 Ethnicity, socio-economic position and gender--do they affect reported health--care seeking behaviour?
by Adamson, Joy & Ben-Shlomo, Yoav & Chaturvedi, Nish & Donovan, Jenny
- 905-916 Narrative strategies in medical discourse: constructing the psychiatric "case" in a non-western setting
by Coker, Elizabeth M.
- 917-926 Discourses of blame: accounting for aggression and violence on an acute mental health inpatient unit
by Benson, Anne & Secker, Jenny & Balfe, Emma & Lipsedge, Maurice & Robinson, Sarah & Walker, Julian
- 927-936 Patients and doctors: reformulating the UK health policy community?
by Salter, Brian
- 937-948 Public and private sector responses to essential drugs policies:: a multilevel analysis of drug prescription and selling practices in Mali
by Maïga, Fatoumata Ina & Haddad, Slim & Fournier, Pierre & Gauvin, Lise
- 949-958 The DALY, context and the determinants of the severity of disease: an exploratory comparison of paraplegia in Australia and Cameroon
by Allotey, Pascale & Reidpath, Daniel & Kouamé, Aka & Cummins, Robert
2003, Volume 57, Issue 4
- 577-593 Health behaviours and health in adolescence as predictors of educational level in adulthood: a follow-up study from Finland
by Koivusilta, Leena & Arja, Rimpelä & Andres, Vikat
- 595-611 Why are suicide rates rising in young men but falling in the elderly?--a time-series analysis of trends in England and Wales 1950-1998
by Gunnell, David & Middleton, Nicos & Whitley, Elise & Dorling, Daniel & Frankel, Stephen
- 613-623 Contrasting lives, contrasting views? understandings of health inequalities from children in differing social circumstances
by Backett-Milburn, Kathryn & Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Davis, John
- 625-636 Household and neighbourhood risks for injury to 5-14 year old children
by Haynes, Robin & Reading, Richard & Gale, Susan
- 637-646 Future uncertainty and socioeconomic inequalities in health: the Whitehall II study
by Ferrie, Jane E. & Shipley, Martin J. & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Davey Smith, George & Marmot, Michael
- 647-656 Allostatic load and work conditions
by Schnorpfeil, Pia & Noll, Alexander & Schulze, Renate & Ehlert, Ulrike & Frey, Karl & Fischer, Joachim E.
- 657-672 Hygiene in the home: relating bugs and behaviour
by Curtis, Val & Biran, Adam & Deverell, Katie & Hughes, Clarissa & Bellamy, Kate & Drasar, Bo
- 673-686 Dr. John has gone: assessing health professionals' contribution to remote rural community sustainability in the UK
by Farmer, Jane & Lauder, William & Richards, Helen & Sharkey, Siobhan
- 687-696 Measuring people's preferences regarding ageism in health: some methodological issues and some fresh evidence
by Tsuchiya, Aki & Dolan, Paul & Shaw, Rebecca
- 697-710 Health technology assessment in its local contexts: studies of telehealthcare
by May, Carl & Mort, Maggie & Williams, Tracy & Mair, Frances & Gask, Linda
- 711-720 Ideal versus reality: physicians perspectives on patients with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia
by Åsbring, Pia & Närvänen, Anna-Liisa
- 721-731 Physician and family assisted suicide: results from a study of public attitudes in Britain
by O'Neill, C. & Feenan, D. & Hughes, C. & McAlister, D. A.
- 733-744 Improving antibiotic use in low-income countries: an overview of evidence on determinants
by Radyowijati, Aryanti & Haak, Hilbrand
- 745-756 Intellectual property rights and traditional medicine: policy dilemmas at the interface
by Timmermans, Karin
- 757-762 Ageing and public satisfaction with the health service: an analysis of recent trends
by Calnan, Michael & Almond, Stephen & Smith, Nick
2003, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 389-401 The meanings of organ donation: Muslims of Pakistani origin and white English nationals living in North England
by Hayward, Clare & Madill, Anna
- 403-412 The new genetics and its consequences for family, kinship, medicine and medical genetics
by Finkler, Kaja & Skrzynia, Cécile & Evans, James P.
- 413-425 Examining the disablement process among older Mexican American adults
by Peek, M. Kristen & Ottenbacher, Kenneth J. & Markides, Kyriakos S. & Ostir, Glenn V.
- 427-435 A politico-economic analysis of decision making in funding health service organisations
by Jan, Stephen & Dommers, Eric & Mooney, Gavin
- 437-451 "It wasn't the plague we expected." Parents' perceptions of the health and environmental impact of opencast coal mining
by Moffatt, Suzanne & Pless-Mulloli, Tanja
- 453-464 The health politics of asthma: environmental justice and collective illness experience in the United States
by Brown, Phil & Mayer, Brian & Zavestoski, Stephen & Luebke, Theo & Mandelbaum, Joshua & McCormick, Sabrina
- 465-475 The health impact of health care on families: a matched cohort study of hospice use by decedents and mortality outcomes in surviving, widowed spouses
by Christakis, Nicholas A. & Iwashyna, Theodore J.
- 477-486 Socio-demographic predictors of self-rated health in the Republic of Ireland: findings from the National Survey on Lifestyle, Attitudes and Nutrition, SLAN
by Kelleher, C. C. & Friel, S. & Nic Gabhainn, S. & Tay, Joseph B.
- 487-501 Born out of wedlock and never married--it breaks a man's heart
by Modin, Bitte
- 503-512 Language barriers between nurses and asylum seekers: their impact on symptom reporting and referral
by Bischoff, Alexander & Bovier, Patrick A. & Isah, Rrustemi & Francoise, Gariazzo & Ariel, Eytan & Louis, Loutan
- 513-527 Self-treatment and its discussion in medical consultations: how is medical pluralism managed in practice?
by Stevenson, Fiona A. & Britten, Nicky & Barry, Christine A. & Bradley, Colin P. & Barber, Nick
- 529-538 Pharmaceutical reform and physician strikes in Korea: separation of drug prescribing and dispensing
by Kwon, Soonman
- 539-550 Epidemiological transition: Model or illusion? A look at the problem of health in Mexico
by Carolina, Martínez S & Gustavo, Leal F
- 551-560 Geographic analysis of diabetes prevalence in an urban area
by Green, Chris & Hoppa, Robert D. & Young, T. Kue & Blanchard, J. F.
- 561-569 Sexual violence among a cohort of injection drug users
by Braitstein, Paula & Li, Kathy & Tyndall, Mark & Spittal, Patricia & O'Shaughnessy, Michael V. & Schilder, Arn & Johnston, Caitlin & Hogg, Robert S. & Schechter, Martin T.
- 571-576 Hospitalisation process seen by patients and health care professionals
by Rentsch, Denis & Luthy, Christophe & Perneger, Thomas V. & Allaz, Anne-Françoise
2003, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 195-204 Reshaping the carcinogenic risk assessment of medicines: international harmonisation for drug safety, industry/regulator efficiency or both?
by Abraham, John & Reed, Tim
- 205-215 Physician-patient interaction: a gynecology clinic in Turkey
by Uskul, Ayse K. & Ahmad, Farah
- 217-225 Reproductive health indicators for China's rural areas
by Wang, Caroline C. & Wang, Yan & Zhang, Kaining & Fang, Jing & Liu, Wei & Luo, Shusheng & Tang, Songyuan & Wang, Shaoxian & Li, Virginia C.
- 227-237 When being alone might be better: neighborhood poverty, social capital, and child mental health
by Caughy, Margaret O'Brien & O'Campo, Patricia J. & Muntaner, Carles
- 239-251 Deliberations about deliberative methods: issues in the design and evaluation of public participation processes
by Abelson, Julia & Forest, Pierre-Gerlier & Eyles, John & Smith, Patricia & Martin, Elisabeth & Gauvin, Francois-Pierre
- 253-261 "Love thy neighbour"--it's good for your health: a study of racial homogeneity, mortality and social cohesion in the United States
by Reidpath, Daniel D.
- 263-276 Tracing the social gradient in the health of Canadians: primary and secondary determinants
by Kosteniuk, Julie G. & Dickinson, Harley D.
- 277-288 Negotiating palliative care expertise in the medical world
by Hibbert, Derek & Hanratty, Barbara & May, Carl & Mair, Frances & Litva, Andrea & Capewell, Simon
- 289-299 Problematising depression: young people, mental health and suicidal behaviours
by Bennett, Sara & Coggan, Carolyn & Adams, Peter
- 301-311 Changing patterns of orphan care due to the HIV epidemic in western Kenya
by Nyambedha, Erick Otieno & Wandibba, Simiyu & Aagaard-Hansen, Jens
- 313-325 Children's feeding programs in Atlantic Canada: some Foucauldian theoretical concepts in action
by Dayle, Jutta B. & McIntyre, Lynn
- 327-342 Return migration in the context of parental assistance in the AIDS epidemic: the Thai experience
by Knodel, John & VanLandingham, Mark
- 343-353 A shift in the historical trajectory of medical dominance: the case of Medibank and the Australian doctors' lobby
by De Voe, Jennifer E. & Short, Stephanie D.
- 355-374 Endangering safe motherhood in Mozambique: prenatal care as pregnancy risk
by Chapman, Rachel R.
- 375-385 The role of social support and self-esteem in the presence and course of depressive symptoms: a comparison of cancer patients and individuals from the general population
by Schroevers, Maya J. & Ranchor, Adelita V. & Sanderman, Robbert
2003, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-12 Sustaining safe practice: twenty years on
by Kippax, Susan & Race, Kane
- 13-24 HIV and AIDS-related stigma and discrimination: a conceptual framework and implications for action
by Parker, Richard & Aggleton, Peter
- 25-38 Nuances and shifts in lesbian women's constructions of STI and HIV vulnerability
by Dolan, Kathleen A. & Davis, Phillip W.
- 39-54 Situational factors influencing drug injecting, risk reduction and syringe exchange in Togliatti City, Russian Federation: a qualitative study of micro risk environment
by Rhodes, Tim & Mikhailova, Larissa & Sarang, Anya & Lowndes, Catherine M. & Rylkov, Andrey & Khutorskoy, Mikhail & Renton, Adrian
- 55-69 A proper place to live: health inequalities, agency and the normative dimensions of space
by Popay, Jennie & Thomas, Carol & Williams, Gareth & Bennett, Sharon & Gatrell, Anthony & Bostock, Lisa
- 71-90 Measuring culture: a critical review of acculturation and health in Asian immigrant populations
by Salant, Talya & Lauderdale, Diane S.
- 91-96 Patients' attitudes vs. physicians' determination: implications for cesarean sections
by Lo, Joan C.
- 97-112 Trust, learning, and vaccination: a case study of a North Indian village
by Das, Jishnu & Das, Saumya
- 113-124 Television documentary in New Zealand and the construction of doctors by lower socio-economic groups
by Hodgetts, Darrin & Chamberlain, Kerry
- 125-134 Socio-economic and demographic variation in health and in its measures: the issue of reporting heterogeneity
by Shmueli, Amir
- 135-145 "I'll give up smoking when you get me better": patients' resistance to attempts to problematise smoking in general practice (GP) consultations
by Pilnick, Alison & Coleman, Tim
- 147-153 Layperson and physician perceptions of the malpractice system: implications for patient safety
by Liang, Bryan A.
- 155-165 Willingness to pay and determinants of choice for improved malaria treatment in rural Nepal
by Morey, Edward R. & Sharma, Vijaya R. & Mills, Anne
- 167-177 The impact on breastfeeding of labour market policy and practice in Ireland, Sweden, and the USA
by Galtry, Judith
- 179-188 The politics of 'branding' in policy transfer: the case of DOTS for tuberculosis control
by Ogden, Jessica & Walt, Gill & Lush, Louisiana
2003, Volume 56, Issue 12
- 2353-2366 Normalizing the exceptional: incorporating the "abortion pill" into mainstream medicine
by Joffe, Carole & Weitz, Tracy A.
- 2367-2377 Social capital, life expectancy and mortality: a cross-national examination
by Kennelly, Brendan & O'Shea, Eamon & Garvey, Eoghan
- 2379-2390 Investments in social capital--implications of social interactions for the production of health
by Bolin, Kristian & Lindgren, Björn & Lindström, Martin & Nystedt, Paul
- 2391-2405 The methodology of HIV/AIDS impact studies: a review of current practices
by Booysen, Frederik le R. & Arntz, Tanja
- 2407-2419 The Rule of Rescue
by McKie, John & Richardson, Jeff
- 2421-2431 From damaged nerves to masked depression: inevitability and hope in Latvian psychiatric narratives
by Skultans, V.
- 2433-2441 Using burden of disease information for health planning in developing countries: the experience from Uganda
by Kapiriri, Lydia & Norheim, Ole Frithjof & Heggenhougen, Kristian
- 2443-2448 Does low reading achievement at school entry cause conduct problems?
by Bennett, Kathryn J. & Brown, K. Stephen & Boyle, Michael & Racine, Yvonne & Offord, Dan
- 2449-2460 Pregnant smokers who quit, pregnant smokers who don't: does history of problem behavior make a difference?
by Wakschlag, Lauren S. & Pickett, Kate E. & Middlecamp, Molly K. & Walton, Laura L. & Tenzer, Penny & Leventhal, Bennett L.
- 2461-2466 Evaluation of primary health care reform in Estonia
by Koppel, Agris & Meiesaar, Kersti & Valtonen, Hannu & Metsa, Andrus & Lember, Margus
- 2467-2478 Community stress, demoralization, and body mass index: evidence for social signal transduction
by Wallace, Deborah & Wallace, Rodrick & Rauh, Virginia
- 2479-2491 Variation in physicians' definitions of the competent parent and other barriers to guideline adherence: the case of pediatric minor head injury management
by Sobo, Elisa J. & Kurtin, Paul
- 2493-2503 Country of birth, instrumental activities of daily living, self-rated health and mortality: a Swedish population-based survey of people aged 55-74
by Pudaric, Sonja & Sundquist, Jan & Johansson, Sven-Erik
- 2505-2514 Sociodemographics, self-rated health, and mortality in the US
by Franks, Peter & Gold, Marthe R. & Fiscella, Kevin
- 2515-2527 Civil war and child health: regional and ethnic dimensions of child immunization and malnutrition in Angola
by Agadjanian, Victor & Prata, Ndola
- 2529-2539 Politics of leprosy segregation in Japan: the emergence, transformation and abolition of the patient segregation policy
by Sato, Hajime & Narita, Minoru
- 2541-2553 A spatial analysis of county-level variation in hospitalization rates for low back problems in North Carolina
by Joines, Jerry D. & Hertz-Picciotto, Irva & Carey, Timothy S. & Gesler, Wilbert & Suchindran, Chirayath
- 2555-2564 Understanding long-standing illness among older people
by Gooberman-Hill, Rachael & Ayis, Salma & Ebrahim, Shah
- 2565-2565 Response to Gilbert & Walker 'Treading the path of least resistance'
by Kagee, Ashraf
by Gilbert, L. & Walker, L.
2003, Volume 56, Issue 11
- 2243-2244 Vulnerable places: contextualizing health practices
by Malone, Ruth E.
- 2245-2247 From space to place in contemporary health care
by Casey, Edward S.
- 2249-2261 Hidden places, uncommon persons
by Kaufman, Sharon R.
- 2263-2275 Space, place and movement as aspects of health care in three women's prisons
by Stoller, Nancy
- 2277-2288 Bioethics and rural health: theorizing place, space, and subjects
by Kelly, Susan E.
- 2289-2301 From home to hospital and back again: economic restructuring, end of life, and the gendered problems of place-switching health services
by Cartier, Carolyn
- 2303-2315 Placing private health care: reading Ascot hospital in the landscape of contemporary Auckland
by Kearns, Robin A. & Ross Barnett, J. & Newman, Daniel
- 2317-2326 Distal nursing
by Malone, Ruth E.
- 2327-2342 Locating gene-environment interaction: at the intersections of genetics and public health
by Shostak, Sara
- 2343-2351 Bio-medical Topoi--the dominance of space, the recalcitrance of place, and the making of persons
by Malpas, Jeff
2003, Volume 56, Issue 10
- 2009-2018 Community tuberculosis care through "TB clubs" in rural North Ethiopia
by Demissie, M. & Getahun, H. & Lindtjørn, B.
- 2019-2031 With the help of one's neighbors: externalities in the production of nutrition in Peru
by Alderman, Harold & Hentschel, Jesko & Sabates, Ricardo
- 2033-2044 Changing the nature of physician referral relationships in the US: the impact of managed care
by Anthony, Denise
- 2045-2057 Ultrasound screening in pregnancy: advancing technology, soft markers for fetal chromosomal aberrations, and unacknowledged ethical dilemmas
by Getz, Linn & Kirkengen, Anne Luise
- 2059-2072 Health selection in the Whitehall II study, UK
by Chandola, Tarani & Bartley, Mel & Sacker, Amanda & Jenkinson, Crispin & Marmot, Michael
- 2073-2088 Changes in the spatial pattern of low birth weight in a southern California county: the role of individual and neighborhood level factors
by English, Paul B. & Kharrazi, Martin & Davies, Stephanie & Scalf, Rusty & Waller, Lance & Neutra, Raymond
- 2089-2096 Searching for an optimum solution to the Bangladesh arsenic crisis
by Caldwell, Bruce K. & Caldwell, John C. & Mitra, S. N. & Smith, Wayne
- 2097-2108 The unfortunate generation: stroke survivors in Riga, Latvia
by McKevitt, Christopher & Luse, Agita & Wolfe, Charles
- 2109-2121 Implications of women's work for child nutritional status in sub-Saharan Africa: a case study of Nigeria
by Ukwuani, Festus A. & Suchindran, Chirayath M.
- 2123-2137 The effect of structural characteristics on family planning program performance in Côte d'Ivoire and Nigeria
by Mancini, Dominic J. & Stecklov, Guy & Stewart, John F.
- 2139-2152 Hostility, unemployment and health status: testing three theoretical models
by Kivimäki, Mika & Elovainio, Marko & Kokko, Katja & Pulkkinen, Lea & Kortteinen, Matti & Tuomikoski, Hannu
- 2153-2163 Evaluation of three interventions to promote workplace health and safety: evidence for the utility of implementation intentions
by Sheeran, Paschal & Silverman, Michael
- 2165-2180 Longitudinal analyses of the relationship between unsupportive social interactions and psychological adjustment among women with fertility problems
by Mindes, Erica J. & Ingram, Kathleen M. & Kliewer, Wendy & James, Cathy A.
- 2181-2189 A comparison of the reliability of the take-it-or-leave-it and the bidding game approaches to estimating willingness-to-pay in a rural population in West Africa
by Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Cairns, John & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 2191-2200 Stigma revisited, disclosure of emotional problems in primary care consultations in Wales
by Prior, Lindsay & Wood, Fiona & Lewis, Glyn & Pill, Roisin
- 2201-2210 Referral to rehabilitation following traumatic brain injury: a model for understanding inequities in access
by Foster, Michele & Tilse, Cheryl
- 2211-2220 Houseofficers' reactions to media coverage about the sequencing of the human genome
by Geller, Gail & Tambor, Ellen S. & Bernhardt, Barbara A. & Rodgers, Joann & Holtzman, Neil A.
- 2221-2228 An investigation into expectation-led interviewer effects in health surveys
by Clarke, Paul & Sproston, Kerry & Thomas, Roger
- 2229-2239 Reform and autonomy: perceptions of the Australian general practice community
by Marjoribanks, Tim & Lewis, Jenny M.
2003, Volume 56, Issue 9
- 1831-1836 Reproduction gone awry: medical anthropological perspectives
by Jenkins, Gwynne L. & Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 1837-1851 Global infertility and the globalization of new reproductive technologies: illustrations from Egypt
by Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 1853-1866 With or against nature? IVF, gender and reproductive agency in Athens, Greece
by Paxson, Heather
- 1867-1880 Why adoption is not an option in India: the visibility of infertility, the secrecy of donor insemination, and other cultural complexities
by Bharadwaj, Aditya
- 1881-1891 Unhappy endings: a feminist reappraisal of the women's health movement from the vantage of pregnancy loss
by Layne, Linda L.
- 1893-1909 Burning bridges: policy, practice, and the destruction of midwifery in rural Costa Rica
by Jenkins, Gwynne L.
- 1911-1931 Home-birth emergencies in the US and Mexico: the trouble with transport
by Davis-Floyd, Robbie
- 1933-1946 Genetic counseling gone awry: miscommunication between prenatal genetic service providers and Mexican-origin clients
by Browner, C. H. & Mabel Preloran, H. & Casado, Maria Christina & Bass, Harold N. & Walker, Ann P.
- 1947-1960 Emplotting children's lives: developmental delay vs. disability
by Landsman, Gail
- 1961-1972 Polygamy, disrupted reproduction, and the state: Malian migrants in Paris, France
by Sargent, Carolyn & Cordell, Dennis
- 1973-1986 Antiabortion positions and young women's life plans in contemporary Ireland
by Oaks, Laury
- 1987-2001 Post-diagnostic abortion in Germany: reproduction gone awry, again?
by Erikson, Susan L.
2003, Volume 56, Issue 8
- 1607-1615 Same-sex attraction in a birth cohort: prevalence and persistence in early adulthood
by Dickson, Nigel & Paul, Charlotte & Herbison, Peter
- 1617-1628 How important is sex in later life? The views of older people
by Gott, Merryn & Hinchliff, Sharron
- 1629-1642 Managing menopause: a qualitative analysis of self-help literature for women at midlife
by Lyons, Antonia C. & Griffin, Christine
- 1643-1652 Feminist ethics and menopause: autonomy and decision-making in primary medical care
by Murtagh, Madeleine J. & Hepworth, Julie
- 1653-1660 Factors predicting choice of treatment for menorrhagia in gynaecology outpatient clinics
by Vuorma, Sirkku & Rissanen, Pekka & Aalto, Anna-Mari & Kujansuu, Erkki & Hurskainen, Ritva & Teperi, Juha
- 1661-1667 Elderly people's ratings of the importance of health-related factors to their self-assessments of health
by Benyamini, Yael & Leventhal, Elaine A. & Leventhal, Howard
- 1669-1676 What lies behind the subjective evaluation of health status?
by Kaplan, Giora & Baron-Epel, Orna
- 1677-1691 Undernutrition in Benin--an analysis based on graphical models
by Caputo, Angelika & Foraita, Ronja & Klasen, Stephan & Pigeot, Iris
- 1693-1703 Developing a framework for assessment of the environmental determinants of walking and cycling
by Pikora, Terri & Giles-Corti, Billie & Bull, Fiona & Jamrozik, Konrad & Donovan, Rob
- 1705-1717 Social and health determinants of the efficiency of cotton farmers in Northern Côte d'Ivoire
by Audibert, Martine & Mathonnat, Jacky & Henry, Marie-Claire
- 1719-1726 Indigenous social insurance as an alternative financing mechanism for health care in Ethiopia (the case of eders)
by Mariam, Damen Haile
- 1727-1736 The influence of cost-effectiveness information on physicians' cancer screening recommendations
by Ubel, Peter A. & Jepson, Christopher & Baron, Jonathan & Hershey, John C. & Asch, David A.
- 1737-1747 Self-esteem and women with disabilities
by Nosek, Margaret A. & Hughes, Rosemary B. & Swedlund, Nancy & Taylor, Heather B. & Swank, Paul
- 1749-1760 "Good jobs" to "bad jobs": replicated evidence of an employment continuum from two large surveys
by Grzywacz, Joseph G. & Dooley, David
- 1761-1772 Quality of life in an urban Asian population: the impact of ethnicity and socio-economic status
by Thumboo, Julian & Fong, Kok-Yong & Machin, David & Chan, Siew-Pang & Soh, Chang-Heok & Leong, Keng-Hong & Feng, Pao-Hsii & Thio, Szu-tien & Boey, Mee-Leng
- 1773-1782 Primary health and social care services in the UK: progress towards partnership?
by Rummery, Kirstein & Coleman, Anna
- 1783-1788 Suicide attempts in the United States: the role of physical illness
by Goodwin, Renee D. & Marusic, Andrej & Hoven, Christina W.
- 1789-1796 Predictors of adherence to treatment for latent tuberculosis infection in high-risk Latino adolescents: a behavioral epidemiological analysis
by Hovell, Melbourne & Blumberg, Elaine & Gil-Trejo, Laura & Vera, Alicia & Kelley, Norma & Sipan, Carol & Hofstetter, C. Richard & Marshall, Sandra & Berg, Jill & Friedman, Lawrence & Catanzaro, Antonino & Moser, Kathleen
- 1797-1805 Social capital and neighborhood mortality rates in Chicago
by Lochner, Kimberly A. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Brennan, Robert T. & Buka, Stephen L.
- 1807-1816 Economy, community and mortality in British Columbia, Canada
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 1817-1830 Social relations and self-reported health: a prospective analysis of the French Gazel cohort
by Melchior, Maria & Berkman, Lisa F. & Niedhammer, Isabelle & Chea, Maline & Goldberg, Marcel
2003, Volume 56, Issue 7
- 1373-1384 Social representations of HIV/AIDS in Central and Eastern Europe
by Goodwin, Robin & Kozlova, Alexandra & Kwiatkowska, Anna & Anh Nguyen Luu, Lan & Nizharadze, George & Realo, Anu & Külvet, Ahto & Rämmer, Andu
- 1385-1395 Trends in mortality attributable to current alcohol consumption in east and west Germany
by Nolte, Ellen & Britton, Annie & McKee, Martin
- 1397-1410 Socioeconomic differences in dietary patterns among middle-aged men and women
by Martikainen, Pekka & Brunner, Eric & Marmot, Michael
- 1411-1424 Behavioral risk factors for STD/HIV transmission in Bangladesh's trucking industry
by Gibney, Laura & Saquib, Nazmus & Metzger, Jesse
- 1425-1438 An examination of social capital and social disorganisation in neighbourhoods in the British household panel study
by McCulloch, Andrew
- 1439-1445 Public health ethics: teaching survey and critical review
by Kessel, Anthony S.
- 1447-1452 The effect of point of reference on the association between self-rated health and mortality
by Manderbacka, Kristiina & Kåreholt, Ingemar & Martikainen, Pekka & Lundberg, Olle
- 1453-1468 Trust and the development of health care as a social institution
by Gilson, Lucy
- 1469-1480 Nostalgic and nostophobic referencing and the authentication of nurses' use of complementary therapies
by Tovey, Philip & Adams, Jon
- 1481-1492 Tobacco dependence: adolescents' perspectives on the need to smoke
by Johnson, Joy L. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Moffat, Barbara & Ratner, Pamela A. & Shoveller, Jean A. & Lovato, Chris Y.
- 1493-1504 The role of performance indicators in changing the autonomy of the general practice profession in the UK
by Exworthy, M. & Wilkinson, E. K. & McColl, A. & Moore, M. & Roderick, P. & Smith, H. & Gabbay, J.
- 1505-1515 Charitable food assistance as symbolic gesture: an ethnographic study of food banks in Ontario
by Tarasuk, Valerie & Eakin, Joan M.
- 1517-1530 How did Finland's economic recession in the early 1990s affect socio-economic equity in the use of hospital care?
by Keskimäki, Ilmo
- 1531-1541 Reliability of health utility measures and a test of values clarification
by Shiell, Alan & Hawe, Penelope & Fletcher, Megan
- 1543-1555 Marital status changes and body weight changes: a US longitudinal analysis
by Sobal, Jeffery & Rauschenbach, Barbara & Frongillo, Edward A.
- 1557-1570 Evaluating the influence of implicit models of mental disorder on processes of shared decision making within community-based multi-disciplinary teams
by Colombo, A. & Bendelow, G. & Fulford, B. & Williams, S.
- 1571-1579 Spirituality and attempted suicide among American Indians
by Garroutte, Eva Marie & Goldberg, Jack & Beals, Janette & Herrell, Richard & Manson, Spero M.
- 1581-1594 The role of choice in health education intervention trials: a review and case study
by Janevic, Mary R. & Janz, Nancy K. & Dodge, Julia A. & Lin, Xihong & Pan, Wenqin & Sinco, Brandy R. & Clark, Noreen M.
- 1595-1604 The new subjective medicine: taking the patient's point of view on health care and health
by Sullivan, Mark
2003, Volume 56, Issue 6
- 1139-1153 Mortality, inequality and race in American cities and states
by Deaton, Angus & Lubotsky, Darren
- 1155-1171 AIDS in the HAART era: New York's heterogeneous geography
by Wallace, Robert G.
- 1173-1182 Respiratory illness in the Dominican Republic: what are the predictors for health services utilization of young children?
by Thind, Amardeep & Andersen, Ronald
- 1183-1196 Quality of care and the demand for health services in Bamako, Mali: the specific roles of structural, process, and outcome components
by Mariko, Mamadou
- 1197-1207 Generating political will for safe motherhood in Indonesia
by Shiffman, Jeremy
- 1209-1220 A new theory of health promoting schools based on human functioning, school organisation and pedagogic practice
by Markham, Wolfgang A. & Aveyard, Paul
- 1221-1234 Religion and women's health in Ghana: insights into HIV/AIDs preventive and protective behavior
by Takyi, Baffour K.
- 1235-1247 Dimensions of the emerging orphan crisis in sub-Saharan Africa
by Bicego, George & Rutstein, Shea & Johnson, Kiersten
- 1249-1260 Motherhood as a vulnerability factor in major depression: the role of negative pregnancy experiences
by Bernazzani, Odette & Bifulco, Antonia
- 1261-1267 "It's like an addiction first thing... afterwards it's like a habit": daily smoking behaviour among people living in areas of deprivation
by Bancroft, Angus & Wiltshire, Susan & Parry, Odette & Amos, Amanda
- 1269-1278 Health and safety in policing: lessons from the regulation of CS sprays in the UK
by Rappert, Brian
- 1279-1293 Different frames, different fears: communicating about chlorinated drinking water and cancer in the Canadian media
by Driedger, S. Michelle & Eyles, John
- 1295-1305 Implementing participatory intervention and research in communities: lessons from the Kahnawake Schools Diabetes Prevention Project in Canada
by Potvin, Louise & Cargo, Margaret & McComber, Alex M. & Delormier, Treena & Macaulay, Ann C.
- 1307-1320 Informal HIV caregiving in a vulnerable population: toward a network resource framework
by Knowlton, Amy R.
- 1321-1333 Subjective social status: its determinants and its association with measures of ill-health in the Whitehall II study
by Singh-Manoux, Archana & Adler, Nancy E. & Marmot, Michael G.
- 1335-1344 Sociological influences on antidepressant prescribing
by Sleath, Betsy & Tina Shih, Ya-Chen
- 1345-1354 The impact of attitudes and beliefs on length of benzodiazepine use: a study among inexperienced and experienced benzodiazepine users
by van Hulten, Rolf & Bakker, Arnold B & Lodder, Aart C & Teeuw, K Bart & Bakker, Albert & Leufkens, Hubert G