Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58| 59| 60
2004, Volume 58, Issue 8
- 1523-1530 Work stress, socioeconomic status and neuroendocrine activation over the working day
by Kunz-Ebrecht, Sabine R. & Kirschbaum, Clemens & Steptoe, Andrew
- 1531-1541 Effort-reward imbalance model and self-reported health: cross-sectional and prospective findings from the GAZEL cohort
by Niedhammer, Isabelle & Tek, Marie-Ly & Starke, Dagmar & Siegrist, Johannes
- 1543-1553 Differential economic stability and psychosocial stress at work: associations with psychosomatic complaints and absenteeism
by Godin, Isabelle & Kittel, France
- 1555-1562 Can we disentangle life course processes of accumulation, critical period and social mobility? An analysis of disadvantaged socio-economic positions and myocardial infarction in the Stockholm Heart Epidemiology Program
by Hallqvist, Johan & Lynch, John & Bartley, Mel & Lang, Thierry & Blane, David
- 1563-1574 Social mobility and health in the Turin longitudinal study
by Cardano, Mario & Costa, Giuseppe & Demaria, Moreno
2004, Volume 58, Issue 7
- 1219-1229 Economy and job contract as contexts of sickness absence practices: revisiting locality and habitus
by Virtanen, P. & Vahtera, J. & Nakari, R. & Pentti, J. & Kivimäki, M.
- 1231-1245 Employee and union inputs into occupational health and safety measures in Chinese factories
by Chen, Meei-shia & Chan, Anita
- 1247-1256 Employment status, social ties, and caregivers' mental health
by Cannuscio, Carolyn C. & Colditz, Graham A. & Rimm, Eric B. & Berkman, Lisa F. & Jones, Camara P. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1257-1269 The impact of information on non-health attributes on willingness to pay for multiple health care programmes
by Protière, Christel & Donaldson, Cam & Luchini, Stéphane & Paul Moatti, Jean & Shackley, Phil
- 1271-1284 Spatial access to health care in Costa Rica and its equity: a GIS-based study
by Rosero-Bixby, Luis
- 1285-1297 Emergency contraception and morality: reflections of health care workers and clients
by Simonds, Wendy & Ellertson, Charlotte
- 1299-1308 Lay voices on allergic conditions in children: parents' narratives and the negotiation of a diagnosis
by Lauritzen, Sonja Olin
- 1309-1321 Health literacy, social support, and health: a research agenda
by Lee, Shoou-Yih D. & Arozullah, Ahsan M. & Cho, Young Ik
- 1323-1335 From symptom recognition to diagnosis: children with autism in urban India
by Daley, Tamara C.
- 1337-1351 School-based HIV prevention programmes for African youth
by Gallant, Melanie & Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor
- 1353-1366 Social support and quality of life over time among adults living with HIV in the HAART era
by Burgoyne, Robert & Renwick, Rebecca
- 1367-1384 Effective/efficient mental health programs for school-age children: a synthesis of reviews
by Browne, Gina & Gafni, Amiram & Roberts, Jacqueline & Byrne, Carolyn & Majumdar, Basanti
- 1385-1393 Family consequences of chronic back pain
by Strunin, Lee & Boden, Leslie I.
- 1395-1403 Caregiver's needs as predictors of hospital readmission for the elderly in Taiwan
by Lotus Shyu, Yea-Ing & Chen, Min-Chi & Lee, Hsiao-Chin
- 1405-1413 Parental perspectives on vaccinating children against sexually transmitted infections
by Mays, Rose M. & Sturm, Lynne A. & Zimet, Gregory D.
- 1415-1425 Non-professionals' evaluations of gene therapy ethics
by Scully, Jackie Leach & Rippberger, Christine & Rehmann-Sutter, Christoph
- 1427-1442 Assessment of genetic testing and related counseling services: current research and future directions
by Wang, Catharine & Gonzalez, Richard & Merajver, Sofia D.
- 1443-1454 Fosterage patterns in the age of AIDS: continuity and change
by Madhavan, Sangeetha
2004, Volume 58, Issue 6
- 997-1005 Women, work and musculoskeletal health
by Strazdins, Lyndall & Bammer, Gabriele
- 1007-1024 Women, work, and well-being 1950-2000:: a review and methodological critique
by Klumb, Petra L. & Lampert, Thomas
- 1025-1035 Factors associated with the use of publicly funded services by Hong Kong Chinese older adults
by Chou, K. L. & Chi, I.
- 1037-1047 Recessions lower (some) mortality rates:: evidence from Germany
by Neumayer, Eric
- 1049-1058 Association of stereotypes about physicians to health care satisfaction, help-seeking behavior, and adherence to treatment
by Bogart, Laura M. & Bird, Sheryl Thorburn & Walt, Lisa C. & Delahanty, Douglas L. & Figler, Jacqueline L.
- 1059-1073 A question of place: medical power in rural Australia
by Kenny, Amanda & Duckett, Stephen
- 1075-1084 Living with conflicts-ethical dilemmas and moral distress in the health care system
by Kälvemark, Sofia & Höglund, Anna T. & Hansson, Mats G. & Westerholm, Peter & Arnetz, Bengt
- 1085-1096 Prevention and genetic testing for breast cancer: variations in medical decisions
by Bouchard, Louise & Blancquaert, I. & Eisinger, F. & Foulkes, W. D. & Evans, G. & Sobol, H. & Julian-Reynier, C.
- 1097-1108 The 'hows', 'whos', and 'whens' of screening: gynaecologists' perspectives on cervical cancer screening in urban Sweden
by Sarkadi, Anna & Widmark, Catarina & Törnberg, Sven & Tishelman, Carol
- 1109-1120 Prospects of safe motherhood in Botswana: midwifery training and nurses' ability to complete the Botswana obstetric record
by Fako, Thabo T. & Forcheh, Ntonghanwah & Ncube, Ephraim
- 1121-1135 Effects of illness and disability on job separation
by Magee, William
- 1137-1146 Effects of urbanization, economic development, and migration of workers on suicide mortality in Japan
by Otsu, Akiko & Araki, Shunichi & Sakai, Ryoji & Yokoyama, Kazuhito & Scott Voorhees, A.
- 1147-1158 The generational transmission of socioeconomic inequalities in child cognitive development and emotional health
by Najman, Jake M. & Aird, Rosemary & Bor, William & O'Callaghan, Michael & Williams, Gail M. & Shuttlewood, Gregory J.
- 1159-1170 Effects of socioeconomic indicators on coronary risk factors, self-rated health and psychological well-being among urban Japanese civil servants
by Nishi, Nobuo & Makino, Kae & Fukuda, Hideki & Tatara, Kozo
- 1171-1180 Socioeconomic inequality of obesity in the United States: do gender, age, and ethnicity matter?
by Zhang, Qi & Wang, Youfa
- 1181-1189 Inequality of water fluoridation in Southern Brazil--the inverse equity hypothesis revisited
by Aurélio Peres, Marco & Simara Fernandes, Liliane & Glazer Peres, Karen
- 1191-1200 Risk of injury after alcohol consumption: a case-crossover study in the emergency department
by Borges, Guilherme & Cherpitel, Cheryl & Mittleman, Murray
- 1201-1209 "Iceland Inc."?: On the ethics of commercial population genomics
by Merz, Jon F. & McGee, Glenn E. & Sankar, Pamela
- 1211-1211 Is informed consent a solution to contractual problems? A comment on the article '"Iceland Inc."?: On the Ethics of Commercial Population Genomics' by Jon F. Merz, Glenn E. McGee, and Pamela Sankar
by Hoeyer, Klaus & Lynöe, Niels
- 1213-1213 Response from Jon F. Merz, Glenn E. McGee, and Pamela Sankar to Hoeyer and Lynöe's commentary on their article "'Iceland Inc.'? On the Ethics of Commercial Genomics"
by Merz, J. F. & McGee, G. E. & Sankar, P.
2004, Volume 58, Issue 5
- 883-885 Good and bad death: Introduction
by Seale, Clive & van der Geest, Sjaak
- 887-897 The good, the bad, and the unresolved death in Kaliai
by Counts, Dorothy Ayers & Counts, David
- 899-911 Dying peacefully: considering good death and bad death in Kwahu-Tafo, Ghana
by van der Geest, Sjaak
- 913-928 Cultural scripts for a good death in Japan and the United States: similarities and differences
by Long, Susan Orpett
- 929-938 Good enough death: autonomy and choice in Australian palliative care
by McNamara, Beverley
- 939-953 Narrative nuances on good and bad deaths: internists' tales from high-technology work places
by DelVecchio Good, Mary-Jo & Gadmer, Nina M. & Ruopp, Patricia & Lakoma, Matthew & Sullivan, Amy M. & Redinbaugh, Ellen & Arnold, Robert M. & Block, Susan D.
- 955-966 "You're not going to dehydrate mom, are you?": Euthanasia, versterving, and good death in the Netherlands
by Pool, Robert
- 967-974 Media constructions of dying alone: a form of 'bad death'
by Seale, Clive
- 975-985 Ancient euthanasia: 'good death' and the doctor in the graeco-Roman world
by Van Hooff, Anton J. L.
- 987-995 Good death and bad death in ancient Israel according to biblical lore
by Spronk, Klaas
2004, Volume 58, Issue 4
- 671-674 Introduction to: Heresy and orthodoxy in medical theory and research
by Jones, R. Kenneth
- 675-685 The role of methods in maintaining orthodox beliefs in health research
by Dean, Kathryn
- 687-696 The ambivalence of error: "scientific ideology" in the history of the life sciences and psychosomatic medicine
by Greco, Monica
- 697-702 From the biomedical model to the Islamic alternative: a brief overview of medical practices in the contemporary Arab world
by Adib, Salim M.
- 703-712 Schism and heresy in the development of orthodox medicine: The threat to medical hegemony
by Jones, R. Kenneth
- 713-725 Dissent and heresy in medicine: models, methods, and strategies
by Martin, Brian
- 727-738 Clinical medicine and the quest for certainty
by Gillett, Grant
- 739-752 Negative pathways to psychiatric care and ethnicity: the bridge between social science and psychiatry
by Morgan, Craig & Mallett, Rosemarie & Hutchinson, Gerard & Leff, Julian
- 753-765 Reforming health care financing in Bulgaria: the population perspective
by Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin
- 767-785 Exploring the pathways leading from disadvantage to end-stage renal disease for Indigenous Australians
by Cass, Alan & Cunningham, Joan & Snelling, Paul & Wang, Zhiqiang & Hoy, Wendy
- 787-798 Coercive sex in rural Uganda: Prevalence and associated risk factors
by Koenig, Michael A. & Lutalo, Tom & Zhao, Feng & Nalugoda, Fred & Kiwanuka, Noah & Wabwire-Mangen, Fred & Kigozi, Godfrey & Sewankambo, Nelson & Wagman, Jennifer & Serwadda, David & Wawer, Maria & Gray, Ron
- 799-809 Comparing directly measured standard gamble scores to HUI2 and HUI3 utility scores: group- and individual-level comparisons
by Feeny, David & Furlong, William & Saigal, Saroj & Sun, Jian
- 811-824 Lay conceptions of the ethical and scientific justifications for random allocation in clinical trials
by Robinson, Elizabeth J. & Kerr, Cicely & Stevens, Andrew & Lilford, Richard & Braunholtz, David & Edwards, Sarah
- 825-836 Governing peanuts: the regulation of the social bodies of children and the risks of food allergies
by Rous, Trevor & Hunt, Alan
- 837-849 Dilemmas in sharing care: maternal provision of professionally driven therapy for children with disabilities
by Leiter, Valerie
- 851-862 From compliance to concordance: barriers to accomplishing a re-framed model of health care interactions
by Bissell, Paul & May, Carl R. & Noyce, Peter R.
- 863-877 Maternal literacy and health behavior: a Nepalese case study
by LeVine, Robert A. & LeVine, Sarah E. & Rowe, Meredith L. & Schnell-Anzola, Beatrice
2004, Volume 58, Issue 3
- 449-461 Perceived stress following race-based discrimination at work is associated with hypertension in African-Americans. The metro Atlanta heart disease study, 1999-2001
by Din-Dzietham, Rebecca & Nembhard, Wendy N. & Collins, Rakale & Davis, Sharon K.
- 463-470 The extraordinary decline of infant and childhood mortality among Palestinian refugees
by Khawaja, Marwan
- 471-485 Distribution of distress in post-socialist Mongolia: a cultural epidemiology of yadargaa
by Kohrt, Brandon A. & Hruschka, Daniel J. & Kohrt, Holbrook E. & Panebianco, Nova L. & Tsagaankhuu, G.
- 487-498 Suicidality and cultural values among Hong Kong adolescents
by Lam, T. H. & Stewart, Sunita M. & Yip, Paul S. F. & Leung, Gabriel M. & Ho, L. M. & Ho, S. Y. & Lee, Peter W. H.
- 499-514 Children's nutrition in Jamaica: do household structure and household economic resources matter?
by Bronte-Tinkew, Jacinta & DeJong, Gordon
- 515-524 The social context of reproductive health in an Egyptian hamlet: a pilot study to identify female genital schistosomiasis
by Talaat, Maha & Watts, Susan & Mekheimar, Shahinaz & Farook Ali, Heba & Hamed, Howaida
- 525-537 Criterion and content validity of a novel structured haggling contingent valuation question format versus the bidding game and binary with follow-up format
by Onwujekwe, Obinna
- 539-551 The pursuit of equity in NHS resource allocation: should morbidity replace utilisation as the basis for setting health care capitations?
by Asthana, Sheena & Gibson, Alex & Moon, Graham & Dicker, John & Brigham, Philip
- 553-564 User fees at a public hospital in Cambodia: effects on hospital performance and provider attitudes
by Akashi, Hidechika & Yamada, Takako & Huot, Eng & Kanal, Koum & Sugimoto, Takao
- 565-575 The effects of US state income inequality and alcohol policies on symptoms of depression and alcohol dependence
by Henderson, Claire & Liu, Xinhua & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Link, Bruce G. & Hasin, Deborah
- 577-584 Assessing the impact of SSRI antidepressants on popular notions of women's depressive illness
by Metzl, Jonathan M. & Angel, Joni
- 585-594 Labor market experience, work organization, gender inequalities and health status: results from a prospective analysis of US employed women
by O'Campo, Patricia & Eaton, William W. & Muntaner, Carles
- 595-602 Association of self-reported religiosity and mortality in industrial employees: the CORDIS study
by Kraut, Allen & Melamed, Samuel & Gofer, Daphna & Froom, Paul
- 603-614 Practitioners' impressions of patients with Parkinson's disease: the social ecology of the expressive mask
by Tickle-Degnen, Linda & Doyle Lyons, Kathleen
- 615-622 Social participation and coronary heart disease: a follow-up study of 6900 women and men in Sweden
by Sundquist, Kristina & Lindström, Martin & Malmström, Marianne & Johansson, Sven-Erik & Sundquist, Jan
- 623-629 Knowledge and beliefs of primary care physicians, pharmacists, and parents on antibiotic use for the pediatric common cold
by Cho, Hong-Jun & Hong, Soo-Jong & Park, Sylvia
- 631-643 A story of maladies, misconceptions and mishaps: effective management of heart failure
by Horowitz, Carol R. & Rein, Stephanie B. & Leventhal, Howard
- 645-656 Is going to church good or bad for you? Denomination, attendance and mental health of children in West Scotland
by Abbotts, Joanne E. & Williams, Rory G. A. & Sweeting, Helen N. & West, Patrick B.
- 657-657 Alt and Swartz 'task oriented nursing in tuberculosis control programme in South Africa: where does it come from and what keeps it going?'
by Shields, Linda
- 659-660 Assessing the quality of life of patients in phases I and II anti-cancer drug trials: Interviews versus questionnaires by Cox K
by McKenna, Stephen P.
- 661-661 Assessing the quality of life in phase I and II anti-cancer drug trials: interviews versus questionnaires
by Cox, Karen
2004, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 223-225 Falling short of expectations: public health interventions in developing and transition economies
by Jack, William & Lewis, Maureen
- 227-235 Provision of ambulatory health services in Poland: a case study from Krakow
by Chawla, Mukesh & Berman, Peter & Windak, Adam & Kulis, Marzena
- 237-246 Informal payments for health care in transition economies
by Ensor, Tim
- 247-258 Poverty, out-of-pocket payments and access to health care: evidence from Tajikistan
by Falkingham, Jane
- 259-265 Risk segmentation and equity in the Chilean mandatory health insurance system
by Sapelli, Claudio
- 267-277 Addressing government and market failures with payment incentives: Hospital reimbursement reform in Hainan, China
by Yip, Winnie & Eggleston, Karen
- 279-292 Wage inequality, the health system, and infant mortality in wealthy industrialized countries, 1970-1996
by Macinko, James A. & Shi, Leiyu & Starfield, Barbara
- 293-304 Did the distribution of health insurance in China continue to grow less equitable in the nineties? Results from a longitudinal survey
by Akin, John S. & Dow, William H. & Lance, Peter M.
- 305-314 A direct method for estimating the compensating income variation for severe headache and migraine
by Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriëtte
- 315-320 Optimisation versus certainty: understanding the issue of heterogeneity in economic evaluation
by Stevens, Warren & Normand, Charles
- 321-330 A sociological perspective on public participation in health care
by Contandriopoulos, Damien
- 331-341 The New Zealand health reforms: dividing the labour of care
by Fitzgerald, Ruth
- 343-355 Determinants and consequences of health worker motivation in hospitals in Jordan and Georgia
by Franco, Lynne Miller & Bennett, Sara & Kanfer, Ruth & Stubblebine, Patrick
- 357-367 Organisational simplification and secondary complexity in health services for adults with learning disabilities
by Heyman, Bob & Swain, John & Gillman, Maureen
- 369-378 Dementia: sociological and philosophical constructions
by Davis, Daniel H. J.
- 379-390 Developing ethical strategies to assist oncologists in seeking informed consent to cancer clinical trials
by Brown, R. F. & Butow, P. N. & Butt, D. G. & Moore, A. R. & Tattersall, M. H. N.
- 391-400 Bereaved parents' experience of research participation
by Dyregrov, Kari
- 401-409 Therapeutic and reproductive cloning: a critique
by Bowring, Finn
- 427-444 Is the corporate transformation of hospitals creating a new hybrid health care space? A case study of the impact of co-location of public and private hospitals in Australia
by Brown, Laurie & Barnett, J. Ross
2004, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-12 Gender and the social context of smoking behaviour
by Dedobbeleer, Nicole & Béland, Francois & Contandriopoulos, André-Pierre & Adrian, Manuella
- 13-24 Public place restrictions on smoking in Canada: assessing the role of the state, media, science and public health advocacy
by Asbridge, Mark
- 25-39 Putting policy into practice? Poverty and people with serious mental illness
by Wilton, Robert
- 41-56 Beyond the income inequality hypothesis: class, neo-liberalism, and health inequalities
by Coburn, David
- 57-74 Area effects on health variation over the life-course: analysis of the longitudinal study sample in England using new data on area of residence in childhood
by Curtis, Sarah & Southall, H. & Congdon, P. & Dodgeon, B.
- 75-88 Health, place and childhood asthma in southwest Alaska
by Wind, Steven & Van Sickle, David & Wright, Anne L.
- 89-97 The drug industry and medical practice--the case of menopausal hormone therapy in Estonia
by Hemminki, Elina & Karttunen, Tiina & Hovi, Sirpa-Liisa & Karro, Helle
- 99-108 Sickness absence and early retirement at two workplaces--effects of organisational intervention in Sweden
by Goine, Hans & Knutsson, Anders & Marklund, Staffan & Karlsson, Berndt
- 109-118 Religion and preventative health care utilization among the elderly
by Reindl Benjamins, Maureen & Brown, Carolyn
- 119-136 Changing health inequalities in east and west Germany since unification
by Nolte, Ellen & McKee, Martin
- 137-149 Predictive genetic test decisions for Huntington's disease: context, appraisal and new moral imperatives
by Taylor, Sandra D.
- 151-160 Screening for breast cancer: candidacy and compliance
by Pfeffer, Naomi
- 161-175 Patient activism and the struggle for diagnosis: Gulf War illnesses and other medically unexplained physical symptoms in the US
by Zavestoski, Stephen & Brown, Phil & McCormick, Sabrina & Mayer, Brian & D'Ottavi, Maryhelen & Lucove, Jaime C.
- 177-192 What is important to continuity in home care?: Perspectives of key stakeholders
by Woodward, Christel A. & Abelson, Julia & Tedford, Sara & Hutchison, Brian
- 193-205 Can a brief video intervention improve breast cancer clinical trial knowledge and beliefs?
by Curbow, Barbara & Fogarty, Linda A. & McDonnell, Karen & Chill, Julia & Scott, Lisa Benz
- 207-217 Evidence-based health policy: context and utilisation
by Dobrow, Mark J. & Goel, Vivek & Upshur, R. E. G.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 12
- 2255-2264 Inequalities in child mortality in Mozambique: differentials by parental socio-economic position
by Macassa, Gloria & Ghilagaber, Gebrenegus & Bernhardt, Eva & Diderichsen, Finn & Burström, Bo
- 2265-2279 Does stage at diagnosis influence the observed relationship between socioeconomic status and breast cancer incidence, case-fatality, and mortality?
by Robin Yabroff, K. & Gordis, Leon
- 2281-2289 Occupational class and physical activity among Japanese employees
by Takao, Soshi & Kawakami, Norito & Ohtsu, Tadahiro
- 2291-2303 Is position in the occupational hierarchy a determinant of decline in perceived health status?
by Mustard, Cameron A. & Vermeulen, Marian & Lavis, John N.
- 2305-2323 Socioeconomic gradients in health status over 29 years of follow-up after midlife: the Alameda county study
by Frank, John W. & Cohen, Richard & Yen, Irene & Balfour, Jennifer & Smith, Margot
- 2343-2354 A symptom perception approach to common physical symptoms
by Kolk, Annemarie M. & Hanewald, Gerrit J. F. P. & Schagen, Simon & Gijsbers van Wijk, Cecile M. T.
- 2355-2365 Toward understanding youth suicide in an Australian rural community
by Bourke, Lisa
- 2367-2378 Supplying emergency contraception via community pharmacies in the UK: reflections on the experiences of users and providers
by Bissell, Paul & Anderson, Claire
- 2379-2384 Family caregiver perspective-taking and accuracy in estimating cancer patient symptom experiences
by Lobchuk, Michelle M. & Vorauer, Jacquie D.
- 2385-2395 The quality of life of spouse dementia caregivers: changes associated with yielding to formal care and widowhood
by Bond, Malcolm J. & Clark, Michael S. & Davies, Suzanne
- 2397-2409 Causal inference from randomized trials in social epidemiology
by Kaufman, Jay S. & Kaufman, Sol & Poole, Charles
- 2411-2422 Mobility limitations 1974-1991: period changes explaining improvement in the population
by Ahacic, Kozma & Parker, Marti G. & Thorslund, Mats
- 2423-2434 Networked for change? identifying obstetric opinion leaders and assessing their opinions on caesarean delivery
by Kravitz, Richard L. & Krackhardt, David & Melnikow, Joy & Franz, Carol E. & Gilbert, William M. & Zach, Andra & Paterniti, Debora A. & Romano, Patrick S.
- 2435-2445 Stigma as a barrier to treatment of sexually transmitted infection in the American deep south: issues of race, gender and poverty
by Lichtenstein, Bronwen
- 2447-2463 Utilization of care during pregnancy in rural Guatemala: does obstetrical need matter?
by Glei, Dana A. & Goldman, Noreen & Rodríguez, Germán
- 2465-2470 The continuum of patient satisfaction--from satisfied to very satisfied
by Collins, Karen & O'Cathain, Alicia
- 2471-2472 Letter response to Margaret Everett (2003) "The social life of genes: privacy, property and the new genetics" Social Science & Medicine, 56:1
by Rich, Leigh
- 2473-2473 Response to Rich's letter regarding "the social life of genes: Privacy, property and the new genetics"
by Everett, Margaret
2003, Volume 57, Issue 11
- 2013-2022 Air pollution and children's health in São Paulo (1986-1998)
by Ribeiro, Helena & Cardoso, Maria Regina Alves
- 2023-2034 Acculturation and overweight-related behaviors among Hispanic immigrants to the US: the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health
by Gordon-Larsen, Penny & Harris, Kathleen Mullan & Ward, Dianne S. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 2035-2047 Identifying children in need of ancillary and enabling services: a population approach
by Benedict, Ruth E & Farel, Anita M
- 2049-2054 Public and private domains of religiosity and adolescent health risk behaviors: evidence from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health
by Nonnemaker, James M. & McNeely, Clea A. & Blum, Robert Wm.
- 2055-2063 Rural/urban differences in the association between deprivation and healthcare utilisation
by Gilthorpe, Mark S. & Wilson, Richard C.
- 2065-2073 Zones of prevention: the geography of fall injuries in the elderly
by Yiannakoulias, Nikolaos & Rowe, Brian H. & Svenson, Lawrence W. & Schopflocher, Donald P. & Kelly, Karen & Voaklander, Donald C.
- 2075-2088 What's in a country average? Wealth, gender, and regional inequalities in immunization in India
by Pande, Rohini P. & Yazbeck, Abdo S.
- 2089-2099 The dental care pathway of welfare recipients in Quebec
by Bedos, Christophe & Brodeur, Jean-Marc & Boucheron, Laurence & Richard, Lucie & Benigeri, Mike & Olivier, Marie & Haddad, Slim
- 2101-2114 Management of return-to-work programs for workers with musculoskeletal disorders: a qualitative study in three Canadian provinces
by Baril, R. & Clarke, J. & Friesen, M. & Stock, S. & Cole, D.
- 2115-2125 Health inequality and users' risk-taking: a longitudinal analysis in a French reproductive technology centre
by Tain, Laurence
- 2127-2136 The struggle against neuromuscular diseases in France and the emergence of the "partnership model" of patient organisation
by Rabeharisoa, Vololona
- 2137-2147 Marriage, widowhood, and health-care use
by Iwashyna, Theodore J. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 2149-2159 Pedestrian injuries in Mexico: a multi-method approach
by Híjar, Martha & Trostle, James & Bronfman, Mario
- 2161-2172 Putting the Q into quality of life; the identification of subjective constructions of health-related quality of life using Q methodology
by Stenner, Paul H. D. & Cooper, Deborah & Skevington, Suzanne M.
- 2173-2182 Inequalities in nonfatal work injury: the significance of race, human capital, and occupations
by Oh, Joong-Hwan & Shin, Eui Hang
- 2183-2191 The burden of traditional practices, ebino and tea-tea, on child health in Northern Uganda
by Accorsi, Sandro & Fabiani, Massimo & Ferrarese, Nicoletta & Iriso, Robert & Lukwiya, Matthew & Declich, Silvia
- 2193-2205 The life course prospective design: an example of benefits and problems associated with study longevity
by Wadsworth, M. E. J. & Butterworth, S. L. & Hardy, R. J. & Kuh, D. J. & Richards, M. & Langenberg, C. & Hilder, W. S. & Connor, M.
- 2207-2215 Optimizing a portfolio of health care programs in the presence of uncertainty and constrained resources
by Sendi, Pedram & Al, Maiwenn J. & Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen
- 2217-2227 Health selection: the role of inter- and intra-generational mobility on social inequalities in health
by Manor, Orly & Matthews, Sharon & Power, Chris
- 2229-2242 Parents' contributions to the narrative identity of offspring of donor-assisted conception
by Kirkman, Maggie
- 2243-2252 Chronic back pain sufferers--striving for the sick role
by Glenton, Claire
2003, Volume 57, Issue 10
- 1771-1781 Evolutionary perspectives on pregnancy: maternal age at menarche and infant birth weight
by Coall, David A. & Chisholm, James S.
- 1783-1795 Solutions forgone? How health professionals frame the problem of postnatal depression
by Lloyd, Beverley & Hawe, Penelope
- 1797-1806 Listening to mothers: qualitative studies on motherhood and depression from Goa, India
by Rodrigues, Merlyn & Patel, Vikram & Jaswal, Surinder & de Souza, Nandita
- 1807-1819 The impact of the national polio immunization campaign on levels and equity in immunization coverage: evidence from rural North India
by Bonu, Sekhar & Rani, Manju & Baker, Timothy D.
- 1821-1832 Risk of transmission of hepatitis B virus through childhood immunization in northwestern China
by Murakami, Hitoshi & Kobayashi, Makoto & Zhu, Xu & Li, Yixing & Wakai, Susumu & Chiba, Yasuo
- 1833-1845 Somatization and mental health: A comparative study of the idiom of distress hypothesis
by Keyes, Corey L. M. & Ryff, Carol D.
- 1847-1861 Contributions of social context to inequalities in years of life lost to heart disease in Texas, USA
by Franzini, Luisa & Spears, William
- 1863-1874 Social stratification, development and health in Pakistan: an empirical exploration of relationships in population-based national health examination survey data
by Hadden, Wilbur C. & Pappas, Gregory & Khan, Abdul Qayyum
- 1875-1889 Observing the onset of disability in older adults
by Reynolds, Sandra L. & Silverstein, Merril
- 1891-1899 Equalisation of socioeconomic differences in injury risks at school age? A study of three age cohorts of Swedish children and adolescents
by Engström, K. & Laflamme, L. & Diderichsen, F.
- 1901-1912 Partner's and own education: does who you live with matter for self-assessed health, smoking and excessive alcohol consumption?
by Monden, Christiaan W. S. & van Lenthe, Frank & De Graaf, Nan Dirk & Kraaykamp, Gerbert
- 1913-1923 Social influences on substance-use behaviors of gay, lesbian, and bisexual college students: findings from a national study
by Eisenberg, Marla E. & Wechsler, Henry
- 1925-1937 Strengthening capacity in developing countries for evidence-based public health:: the data for decision-making project
by Pappaioanou, Marguerite & Malison, Michael & Wilkins, Karen & Otto, Bradley & Goodman, Richard A. & Churchill, R. Elliott & White, Mark & Thacker, Stephen B.
- 1939-1955 Effects of frequency and similarity neighborhoods on pharmacists' visual perception of drug names
by Lambert, Bruce L. & Chang, Ken-Yu & Gupta, Prahlad
- 1957-1967 Research relationships between the South and the North: Cinderella and the ugly sisters?
by Jentsch, Birgit & Pilley, Catherine
- 1969-1980 Patient empowerment and control: a psychological discourse in the service of medicine
by Salmon, Peter & Hall, George M
- 1981-1995 Health status and Canada's immigrant population
by Bruce Newbold, K. & Danforth, Jeff
- 1997-2012 Traditional healing systems and the ethos of science
by Quah, Stella R.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 9
- 1529-1538 Child health on a dollar a day: some tentative cross-country comparisons
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 1539-1546 Downsizing within a hospital: cutting care or just costs?
by Brown, Claire & Arnetz, Bengt & Petersson, Ove
- 1547-1557 Norms in tension: democracy and efficiency in Bangladeshi health and population sector reform
by Shiffman, Jeremy & Wu, Yonghong
- 1559-1571 Hidden health costs of pesticide use in Zimbabwe's smallholder cotton growers
by Maumbe, Blessing M. & Swinton, Scott M.
- 1573-1592 An agenda for future research on HIV and sexual behaviour among African migrant communities in the UK
by Kesby, M. & Fenton, K. & Boyle, P. & Power, R.
- 1593-1608 Effective methods to change sex-risk among drug users: a review of psychosocial interventions
by van Empelen, Pepijn & Kok, Gerjo & van Kesteren, Nicole M. C. & van den Borne, Bart & Bos, Arjan E. R. & Schaalma, Herman P.
- 1609-1620 Physicians' experiences of caring for late-stage HIV patients in the post-HAART era: challenges and adaptations
by Karasz, Alison & Dyche, Larry & Selwyn, Peter
- 1621-1629 Does inequality in self-assessed health predict inequality in survival by income? Evidence from Swedish data
by van Doorslaer, Eddy & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 1631-1641 Why is poverty unhealthy? Social and physical mediators
by Cohen, Deborah A. & Farley, Thomas A. & Mason, Karen
- 1643-1652 Socioeconomic status and health among the aged in the United States and Germany: A comparative cross-sectional study
by Knesebeck, Olaf von dem & Lüschen, Günther & Cockerham, William C. & Siegrist, Johannes
- 1653-1663 Priority setting in health authorities: a novel approach to a historical activity
by Mitton, Craig & Patten, San & Waldner, Howard & Donaldson, Cam
- 1665-1674 Obstetricians' attitudes, subjective norms, perceived controls, and intentions on antibiotic prophylaxis in caesarean section
by Liabsuetrakul, Tippawan & Chongsuvivatwong, Virasakdi & Lumbiganon, Pisake & Lindmark, Gunilla
- 1675-1682 Disclosure of a cancer diagnosis in Thai patients treated with radiotherapy
by Phungrassami, Temsak & Sriplung, Hutcha & Roka, Aran & Mintrasak, Em-nasree & Peerawong, Thanarpan & Aegem, Umard
- 1683-1696 Pain management and symptoms of substance dependence among patients with sickle cell disease
by Elander, James & Lusher, Joanne & Bevan, David & Telfer, Paul
- 1697-1706 A test of the QALY model when health varies over time
by Spencer, Anne
- 1707-1722 Integrating measurement of control and affiliation in studies of physician-patient interaction: the interpersonal circumplex
by Kiesler, Donald J. & Auerbach, Stephen M.
- 1723-1733 Social capital: a strategy for enhancing health?
by Edmondson, Ricca