Citations for "Frontier estimation: How useful a tool for health economics?"
by Newhouse, Joseph P.
For a complete description of this item, click here
. For a RSS feed for citations of this item, click here
- Mehdi Farsi, 2008.
"The temporal variation of cost-efficiency in Switzerland’s hospitals: an application of mixed models,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 155-168, October.
- Andrew Worthington, 1999.
"An Empirical Survey Of Frontier Efficiency Measurement Techniques In Healthcare Services,"
School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series
067, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Vania Sena & Clara Dismuke, .
"Has the DRG System Influenced the Efficiency of Diagnostic Technology in Portugal?,"
98/6, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Özgen, Hacer & Sahin, Ismet, 2010.
"Measurement of efficiency of the dialysis sector in Turkey using data envelopment analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 95(2-3), pages 185-193, May.
- Fabbri Daniele, 2000.
"Riforma sanitaria e produzione ospedaliera,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 131.
- William Greene, 2008.
"A Stochastic Frontier Model with Correction for Sample Selection,"
08-9, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Erlandsen,E. & Forsund,F.R., 1999.
"Efficiency in the provision of municipal nursing- and home-care services : the Norwegian experience,"
32/1999, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Helen Simpson, 2009.
"Productivity In Public Services,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 250-276, 04.
- ChunpingLiu & Audrey Laporte & Brian Ferguson, 2007.
"The Quantile Regression Approach to Efficiency Measurement: Insights from Monte Carlo Simulations,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
07/14, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Rowena Jacobs, 2000.
"Alternative methods to examine hospital efficiency: Data Envelopment Analysis and Stochastic Frontier Analysis,"
177chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Medhi Farsi & Massimo Filippini, 2006.
"Effects of ownership, subsidization and teaching activities on hospital costs in Switzerland,"
Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano
0606, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- H. Brown & José Pagán, 2006.
"Managed care and the scale efficiency of US hospitals,"
International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 278-289, December.
- John A. Romley & Dana Goldman, 2008.
"How Costly Is Hospital Quality? A Revealed-Preference Approach,"
NBER Working Papers
13730, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kristof De Witte & Wim Groot & Henri?tte Maassen van den Brink, 2012.
"The Efficiency of Education in Generating Literacy: A Stochastic Frontier Approach,"
Review of Economics & Finance,
Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 2, pages 25-37, February.
- Kristensen, Troels & Olsen, Kim Rose & Kilsmark, Jannie & Lauridsen, Jørgen T. & Pedersen, Kjeld Møller, 2012.
"Economies of scale and scope in the Danish hospital sector prior to radical restructuring plans,"
Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 120-126.
- Dana Goldman & John A. Romley, 2008.
"Hospitals As Hotels: The Role of Patient Amenities in Hospital Demand,"
NBER Working Papers
14619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Diego Lunati, 2008.
"Economies of Scale and Efficiency Measurement in Switzerland's Nursing Homes,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(III), pages 359-378, September.
- N. Maniadakis & N. Kotsopoulos & P. Prezerakos & J. Yfantopoulos, 2009.
"Health Care Services Performance Measurement: Theory, Methods and Empirical Evidence,"
European Research Studies Journal,
European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3), pages 151-170.
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle & Matthew Sutton, .
"Efficiency and Administrative Costs in Primary Care,"
99/27, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Dervaux, B. & Leleu, H. & Minvielle, E. & Valdmanis, V. & Aegerter, P. & Guidet, B., 2009.
"Performance of French intensive care units: A directional distance function approach at the patient level,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 585-594, August.
- D. Fabbri, 1998.
"Efficienza tecnica e produzione ospedaliera: una valutazione con Data Envelopment Analysis delle prestazioni ospedaliere nel periodo della riforma,"
318, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Niccie L. McKay & Mary E. Deily, 2008.
"Cost inefficiency and hospital health outcomes,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 833-848.
- Thompson, Simon G. & Nixon, Richard M. & Grieve, Richard, 2006.
"Addressing the issues that arise in analysing multicentre cost data, with application to a multinational study,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1015-1028, November.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2010.
"Economies of Scale and Hospital Productivity: An empirical analysis of medical area level panel data,"
10050, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Cristian Nedelea, I. & Matthew Fannin, J., 2013.
"Analyzing cost efficiency of Critical Access Hospitals,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 183-195.
- Dormont, Brigitte & Milcent, Carine, 2004.
"The sources of hospital cost variability,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/5426, Paris Dauphine University.
- Kathleen Carey, 2000.
"A multilevel modelling approach to analysis of patient costs under managed care,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 435-446.
- Silvio Daidone & Francesco D’Amico, 2009.
"Technical efficiency, specialization and ownership form: evidences from a pooling of Italian hospitals,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 203-216, December.
- Reuben Elan & Verma Bharat Bhushan & Bhat Ramesh, .
"Hospital Efficiency: An Empirical Analysis of District and Grant-in-Aid Hospitals in Gujarat,"
IIMA Working Papers
WP2001-07-05, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Alexander S. Preker & Xingzhu Liu & Edit V. Velenyi & Enis Baris, 2007.
"Public Ends, Private Means : Strategic Purchasing of Health Services,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 6683, March.
- Kristiaan Kerstens & Philippe Vanden Eeckaut, 1999.
"A new criterion for technical efficiency measures: non-monotonicity across dimensions axioms,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 45-59.
- Maija-Liisa Järviö & Juho Aaltonen & Tarmo Räty & Kalevi Luoma, 2005.
"Productivity and its Drivers in Finnish Primary Care 1988-2003,"
118, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Martijn Ludwig & Frits Merode & Wim Groot, 2010.
"Principal agent relationships and the efficiency of hospitals,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 291-304, June.
- Simon Eckermann & Tim Coelli, 2008.
"Including quality attributes in a model of health care efficiency: A net benefit approach,"
CEPA Working Papers Series
WP032008, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- O'Neill, Liam & Rauner, Marion & Heidenberger, Kurt & Kraus, Markus, 2008.
"A cross-national comparison and taxonomy of DEA-based hospital efficiency studies,"
Socio-Economic Planning Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 158-189, September.
- Nedelea, I. Cristian & Fannin, James Matthew, 2012.
"Efficiency Analysis of Rural Hospitals: Parametric and Semi-parametric Approaches,"
2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama
119725, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Nils Gutacker & Chris Bojke & Silvio Daidone & Nancy Devlin & David Parkin & Andrew Street, 2011.
"Truly inefficient or providing better quality of care? Analysing the relationship between riskadjusted hospital costs and patients’ health outcomes,"
068cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Wholey, Douglas & Feldman, Roger & Christianson, Jon B. & Engberg, John, 1996.
"Scale and scope economies among health maintenance organizations,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 657-684, December.
- Donal. G. McKillop & J. Colin Glass & Christine A. Kerr & Gillian McCallion, 1999.
"Efficiency in Northern Ireland Hospitals - A Non-parametric Analysis,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 30(2), pages 175-196.
- Cyril Chang & Jennifer Troyer, 2009.
"The impact of TennCare on hospital efficiency,"
Health Care Management Science,
Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 201-216, September.