Bargaining Power and Local Labour Market Influences on Wage Determination
AbstractThis paper uses a unique panel data at the level bargaining group to examine aspects of 'right-to manage' models of wage determination. Empirical measures of firms' and unions' bargaining power are identified and found to be important influences on wage setting.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Warwick, Department of Economics in its series The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) with number 455.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
WAGES; BARGAINING; TIME SERIES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995.
"The Wage Curve,"
MIT Press Books, The MIT Press,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 026202375x, December.
- Blanchflower, David G & Oswald, Andrew J, 1990. " The Wage Curve," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(2), pages 215-35.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1989. "The Wage Curve," NBER Working Papers 3181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchflower, D. & Oswald, A., 1989. "The Wage Curve," Papers, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics 340, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Currie, Janet & McConnell, Sheena, 1992.
"Firm-Specific Determinants of the Real Wage,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 297-304, May.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press,
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173, October.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345, October.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
Working papers, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Kevin Denny & Machin, S, 1991. "The role of profitability and industrial wages in firm level wage determination," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 34-45, May.
- Arulampalam, W. & Robin A. Naylor & Jeremy P. Smith, 2002. "University of Warwick," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002, Royal Economic Society 9, Royal Economic Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helen Neal).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.