Multiple equilibrium overnight rates in a dynamic interbank market game
AbstractWe analyse a two period model of the interbank market, i.e. the market at which banks trade liquidity. We assume that banks do not take the interbank interest rate as given, but multilaterally negotiate on interest rates and transaction volumes. The solution concept applied is the Shapley value. We show that there is a multiplicity of average equilibrium interest rates of the Þrst period so that the average interest rate in this period does not convey any information on the expected liquidity situation at the interbank market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0409018.
Date of creation: 07 Sep 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
Other versions of this item:
- Tapking, Jens, 2006. "Multiple equilibrium overnight rates in a dynamic interbank market game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 350-370, August.
- Tapking, Jens, 2003. "Multiple equilibrium overnight rates in a dynamic interbank market game," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2003,04, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Jens Tapking, 2004. "Multiple equilibrium overnight rates in a dynamic interbank market game," Finance 0409042, EconWPA.
- G - Financial Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FIN-2004-09-12 (Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sergiu Hart & Andreu Mas-Colell, 1994.
"Bargaining and value,"
Economics Working Papers
114, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Feb 1995.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Saunders, Anthony, 1985. " A Micro Model of the Federal Funds Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 977-88, July.
- Perez-Castrillo, David & Wettstein, David, 2001.
"Bidding for the Surplus : A Non-cooperative Approach to the Shapley Value,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 274-294, October.
- David Pérez-Castrillo & David Wettstein, . "Bidding For The Surplus: A Non-Cooperative Approach To The Shapley Value," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 461.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Furfine, Craig H, 2001. "Banks as Monitors of Other Banks: Evidence from the Overnight Federal Funds Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 33-57, January.
- Jens Tapking, 2004.
"The Eurosystem’s Standing Facilities in a General Equilibrium Model of the European Interbank Market,"
- Tapking, Jens, 2002. "The Eurosystem's Standing Facilities in a General Equilibrium Model of the European Interbank Market," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2002,20, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Välimäki, Tuomas, 2001. "Fixed rate tenders and the overnight money market equilibrium," Research Discussion Papers 8/2001, Bank of Finland.
- Pérez Quirós, Gabriel & Rodríguez Mendizábal, Hugo, 2001.
"The daily market for funds in Europe: Has something changed with the EMU?,"
Working Paper Series
0067, European Central Bank.
- Gabriel Pérez Quirós & Hugo Rodríguez, 2000. "The daily market for funds in Europe: Has something changed with the EMU?," Economics Working Papers 474, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Quiro, G.P. & Mendizabal, H.R., 2001. "The Daily Market for Funds in Europe: Has Something Changed with the EMU," Papers 67, Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion.
- Paolo Angelini, 2008.
"Liquidity And Announcement Effects In The Euro Area,"
Giornale degli Economisti,
GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 67(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Paolo Angelini, 2002. "Liquidity and Announcement Effects in the Euro Area," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 451, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Hartmann, Philipp & Manna, Michele & Manzanares, Andrés, 2001.
"The microstructure of the euro money market,"
Working Paper Series
0080, European Central Bank.
- Butnariu, Dan & Klement, Erich Peter, 1996. "Core, Value and Equilibria for Market Games: On a Problem of Aumann and Shapley," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 149-60.
- Gul, Faruk, 1989. "Bargaining Foundations of Shapley Value," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(1), pages 81-95, January.
- repec:fth:bfdipa:8/2001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schanz, Jochen, 2009. "How do different models of foreign exchange settlement influence the risks and benefits of global liquidity management?," Bank of England working papers 374, Bank of England.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.