Do National Markets and Price Policies Affect Land Use at the Forest Margin? Evidence from the Philippines
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department in its series Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers with number 426.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: Nov 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 427 Lorch Street, Madison, WI 53706-1503
Web page: http://www.aae.wisc.edu/www/pub/sps/body.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward B. Barbier, 1990. "The Farm-Level Economics of Soil Conservation: The Uplands of Java," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(2), pages 199-211.
- Shively, Gerald E., 1997. "Consumption risk, farm characteristics, and soil conservation adoption among low-income farmers in the Philippines," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 17(2-3), pages 165-177, December.
- IAN A. COXHEAD & Gerald Shively, 1995.
"Measuring the Environmental Impacts of Economic Change: The Case of Land Degradation in Philippine Agriculture,"
Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers
384, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Ian A. COXHEAD & Gerald SHIVELY, 1995. "Measuring The Environmental Impacts Of Economic Change: The Case Of Land Degradation In Philippine Agriculture," Staff Papers 384, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Jayasuriya, S. K. & Shand, R. T., 1986. "Technical change and labor absorption in Asian agriculture: Some emerging trends," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 415-428, March.
- Tjornhom, Jessica D. & Norton, George W. & Gapud, Victor, 1998. "Impacts of price and exchange rate policies on pesticide use in the Philippines," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 167-175, March.
- Ian Coxhead & Sisira Jayasuriya, 1994. "Technical Change in Agriculture and Land Degradation in Developing Countries: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(1), pages 20-37.
- Coxhead, Ian & Jayasuriya, Sisira, 2002. "Development Strategy, Poverty and Deforestation in the Philippines," Staff Paper Series 456, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Caviglia-Harris, Jill L., 2005. "Cattle Accumulation and Land Use Intensification by Households in the Brazilian Amazon," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 34(2), October.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2009. "Impact Assessment of National and Regional Policies Using the Philippine Regional General Equilibrium Model (PRGEM)," Discussion Papers DP 2009-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Bayou Demeke & Ian Coxhead, 2005. "The Effect of National Policies and Labor Market on Land Use Decisions in Developing Countries: An Application of Maximum Simulated Likelihood to System of Censored Acreages with Panel Data," Others 0503007, EconWPA.
- Angelsen, Arild, 2007. "Forest cover change in space and time : combining the von Thunen and forest transition theories," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4117, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.