Consumption risk, farm characteristics, and soil conservation adoption among low-income farmers in the Philippines
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell in its journal Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reardon, Thomas & Vosti, Stephen A., 1995. "Links between rural poverty and the environment in developing countries: Asset categories and investment poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1495-1506, September.
- Lopez-Pereira, Miguel A. & Sanders, John H. & Baker, Timothy G. & Preckel, Paul V., 1994. "Economics of erosion-control and seed-fertilizer technologies for hillside farming in Honduras," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 11(2-3), pages 271-288, December.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-98, January.
- Christine A. Ervin & David E. Ervin, 1982. "Factors Affecting the Use of Soil Conservation Practices: Hypotheses, Evidence, and Policy Implications," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(3), pages 277-292.
- Luanne Lohr & Timothy A. Park, 1995. "Utility-Consistent Discrete-Continuous Choices in Soil Conservation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(4), pages 474-490.
- Barrett, Scott, 1991. "Optimal soil conservation and the reform of agricultural pricing policies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 167-187, October.
- Lutz, Ernst & Pagiola, Stefano & Reiche, Carlos, 1994. "The Costs and Benefits of Soil Conservation: The Farmers' Viewpoint," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 9(2), pages 273-95, July.
- Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Zinnah, Moses M., 1993. "Technology characteristics, farmers' perceptions and adoption decisions: A Tobit model application in Sierra Leone," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 297-311, December.
- Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1983. "Stochastic Structure, Farm Size and Technology Adoption in Developing Agriculture," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 307-28, July.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance, 1992.
"Do Increased Commodity Prices Lead To More Or Less Soil Degradation?,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 36(1), pages 57-82, 04.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1992. "Do Increased Commodity Prices Lead To More Or Less Soil Degradation?," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 36(01), April.
- David Bigman, 1996. "Safety-First Criteria and Their Measures of Risk," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 225-235.
- Scherr, Sara J., 1995. "Economic factors in farmer adoption of agroforestry: Patterns observed in Western Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 787-804, May.
- Ogada, Maurice Juma & Nyangena, Wilfred & Yesuf, Mahmud, 2010. "Production risk and farm technology adoption in the rain-fed semi-arid lands of Kenya," Journal of Cooperatives, NCERA-210, vol. 4(2), June.
- Anderson, Jock R., 2003. "Risk in rural development: challenges for managers and policy makers," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(2-3), pages 161-197.
- Yesuf, Mahmud & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2009.
"Market Imperfections and Farm Technology Adoption Decisions - A Case Study from the Highlands of Ethiopia,"
Working Papers in Economics
403, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Yesuf, Mahmud & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2008. "Market Imperfections and Farm Technology Adoption Decisions: A Case Study from the Highlands of Ethiopia," Discussion Papers dp-08-04-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Yonas Alem & Mintewab Bezabih & Menale Kassie & Precious Zikhali, 2010.
"Does fertilizer use respond to rainfall variability? Panel data evidence from Ethiopia,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 165-175, 03.
- Alem, Yonas & Bezabih, Mintewab & Kassie, Menale & Zikhali, Precious, 2009. "Does Fertilizer Use Respond to Rainfall Variability? Panel Data Evidence from Ethiopia," Working Papers in Economics 337, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Mariapia Mendola, 2003.
"Agricultural Technology and Povertry Reduction: A Micro-Level Analysis of Causal Effects,"
Development Working Papers
179, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Mariapia MENDOLA, 2005. "Agricultural technology and poverty reduction: a micro-level analysis of causal effects," Departmental Working Papers 2005-14, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- IAN COXHEAD & Agnes Rola, 1999. "Do National Markets and Price Policies Affect Land Use at the Forest Margin? Evidence from the Philippines," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 426, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Shively, Gerald E., 1998. "Modeling Impacts Of Soil Conservation On Productivity And Yield Variability: Evidence From A Heteroskedastic Switching Regression," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20930, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Franco, Juan Agustin & Calatrava-Requena, Javier, 2008. "Adoption and diffusion of no tillage practices in Southern Spain olive groves," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44014, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Coxhead, Ian, 2000. "Consequences of a Food Security Strategy for Economic Welfare, Income Distribution and Land Degradation: The Philippine Case," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 111-128, January.
- Pannell, David J & Llewellyn, Rick S & Corbeels, Marc, 2013. "The farm-level economics of conservation agriculture for resource-poor farmers," Working Papers 166526, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Lichtenberg, Erik, 2006. ""A note on soil depth, failing markets and agricultural pricing": Comment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 236-243, October.
- Franco, Juan Agustin & Calatrava-Leyva, Javier, 2006. "Adoption of Soil Erosion Control Practices in Southern Spain Olive Groves," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25787, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Juma, Maurice & Nyangena, Wilfred & Yesuf, Mahmud, 2090. "Production Risk and Farm Technology Adoption in Rain-Fed, Semi-Arid Lands of Kenya," Discussion Papers dp-09-22-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Calatrava-Leyva, Javier & Franco, Juan Agustin & Gonzalez-Roa, Maria del Carmen, 2005. "Adoption of Soil Conservation Practices in Olive Groves: The Case of Spanish Mountainous Areas," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24661, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Murray-Prior, Roy B. & Wright, Vic, 2004. "Use of strategies and decision rules by Australian wool producers to manage uncertainty," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 1.
- Shively, Gerald E., 2001. "Poverty, consumption risk, and soil conservation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 267-290, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.