Economic factors in farmer adoption of agroforestry: Patterns observed in Western Kenya
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 23 (1995)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amacher, Gregory S. & Hyde, William F. & Rafiq, Mohammed, 1993. "Local adoption of new forestry technologies: An example from Pakistan's Northwest Frontier Province," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 445-453, March.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-98, January.
- Chambers, Robert & Leach, Melissa, 1989. "Trees as savings and security for the rural poor," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 329-342, March.
- Scherr, Sara J. & Hazell, P. B. R., 1994. "Sustainable agricultural development strategies in fragile lands:," EPTD discussion papers 1, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rico García-Amado, Luis & Ruiz Pérez, Manuel & Dahringer, Guillaume & Reyes Escutia, Felipe & Barrasa García, Sara & Contreras Mejía, Elsa, 2013. "From wild harvesting to agroforest cultivation: A Chamaedorea palm case study from Chiapas, Mexico," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 44-51.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Mekonnen, Alemu & Kassie, Menale & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2010.
"Household Tree Planting in Tigrai, Northern Ethiopia: Tree Species, Purposes, and Determinants,"
dp-10-01-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Mekonnen, Alemu & Kassie, Menale & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2010. "Household Tree Planting in Tigrai, Northern Ethiopia: Tree Species, Purposes, and Determinants," Working Papers in Economics 432, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Smith, Joyotee & Scherr, Sara J., 2003. "Capturing the Value of Forest Carbon for Local Livelihoods," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2143-2160, December.
- Blackman, Allen, 2001.
"Obstacles to a doubly green revolution,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(04), pages 503-531, October.
- Place, Frank & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2000. "The role of tenure in the management of trees at the community level: theoretical and empirical analyses from Uganda and Malawi," CAPRi working papers 9, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- James Roshetko & Rodel Lasco & Marian Angeles, 2007. "Smallholder Agroforestry Systems For Carbon Storage," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 219-242, February.
- Andreas Kontoleon & Pauline Grosjean, 2007.
"How Sustainable are Sustainable Development Programs? The Case of the Sloping Land Conversion Program in China,"
Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers
26.2007, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2007.
- Grosjean, Pauline & Kontoleon, Andreas, 2009. "How Sustainable are Sustainable Development Programs? The Case of the Sloping Land Conversion Program in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 268-285, January.
- Shively, Gerald E., 1997. "Consumption risk, farm characteristics, and soil conservation adoption among low-income farmers in the Philippines," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 17(2-3), pages 165-177, December.
- Rasul, Golam & Thapa, Gopal B., 2006. "Financial and economic suitability of agroforestry as an alternative to shifting cultivation: The case of the Chittagong Hill Tracts, Bangladesh," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 91(1-2), pages 29-50, November.
- Zhang, Daowei & Aboagye Owiredu, Eric, 2007. "Land tenure, market, and the establishment of forest plantations in Ghana," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 602-610, February.
- SidibÃ©, Amadou, 2010. "Demand for soil, water and forest conservation in Burkina Faso," Department of Forest Economics publications 2345, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of forest economics.
- Pagiola, Stefano & Arcenas, Agustin & Platais, Gunars, 2005. "Can Payments for Environmental Services Help Reduce Poverty? An Exploration of the Issues and the Evidence to Date from Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 237-253, February.
- Pfaff, Alexander S.P., 1997. "What drives deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon? Evidence from satellite and socioeconomic data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1772, The World Bank.
- Shively, Gerald E., 1999. "Prices and Tree Planting on Hillside Farms in Palawan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 937-949, June.
- Templeton, Scott R. & Scherr, Sara J., 1999. "Effects of Demographic and Related Microeconomic Change on Land Quality in Hills and Mountains of Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 903-918, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.