Nonlinear Difference Equations, Bifurcations and Chaos: An Introduction
AbstractThe aim of these lecture notes is to present a few mathematical facts about the bifurcations of nonlinear difference equations, in a concise and simple form that might be useable by economic theorists.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari" in its series Working Papers with number 2008_23.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Cannaregio, S. Giobbe no 873 , 30121 Venezia
Web page: http://www.unive.it/dip.economia
More information through EDIRC
Nonlinear dynamics; Bifurcations; Chaos; Business cycles;
Other versions of this item:
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 2008. "Nonlinear difference equations, bifurcations and chaos: An introduction," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 122-177, September.
- Jean-Michel Grandmont, 2008. "Nonlinear Difference Equations, Bifurcation and Chaos : An Introduction”," Working Papers 2008-19, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Grandmont Jean-michel, 1988. "Nonlinear difference equations bifurcations and chaos : an introduction," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8811, CEPREMAP.
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gaunersdorfer, A. & Hommes, C.H. & Wagener, F.O.O., 2003.
"Bifurcation Routes to Volatility Clustering under Evolutionary Learning,"
CeNDEF Working Papers
03-03, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Gaunersdorfer, Andrea & Hommes, Cars H. & Wagener, Florian O.O., 2008. "Bifurcation routes to volatility clustering under evolutionary learning," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 27-47, July.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel & Pintus, Patrick & de Vilder, Robin, 1998.
"Capital-Labor Substitution and Competitive Nonlinear Endogenous Business Cycles,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 14-59, May.
- Jean-Michel Grandmont & P, A, Pintus & R, De Vilder, 1997. "Capital-Labor Substitution and Competitive Nonlinear Endogenous Business Cycles," Working Papers 97-28, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- GRANDMONT, Jean-Michel & PINTUS, Patrick & de VILDER, Robin, 1997. "Capital-labor substitution and competitive nonlinear endogenous business cycles," CORE Discussion Papers 1997087, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Grandmont, Jean-Michele & Kirman, Alan P & Neuefeind, W, 1974. "A New Approach to the Uniqueness of Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 289-91, April.
- Kennedy, Judy A. & Stockman, David R., 2008. "Chaotic equilibria in models with backward dynamics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 939-955, March.
- Medio, Alfredo & Raines, Brian, 2007. "Backward dynamics in economics. The inverse limit approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1633-1671, May.
- Benhabib, Jess & Day, Richard H., 1982. "A characterization of erratic dynamics in, the overlapping generations model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 37-55, November.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1981. "Self-fulfilling prophecies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 380-396, December.
- Woodford, Michael, 1986. "Stationary sunspot equilibria in a finance constrained economy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 128-137, October.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1985.
"On Endogenous Competitive Business Cycles,"
Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 995-1045, September.
- Cass, David & Shell, Karl, 1983. "Do Sunspots Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 193-227, April.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geraldine Ludbrook).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.