Nonlinear difference equations bifurcations and chaos : an introduction
The aim of these lecture notes is to present a few mathematical facts about the bifurcations of nonlinear difference equations, in a concise and simple form that might be useable by economic theorists.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1988|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 48 boulevard Jourdan - 75014 PARIS|
Phone: +33(0) 1 43 13 62 30
Fax: +33(0) 1 43 13 62 32
Web page: http://www.cepremap.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1985.
"On Endogenous Competitive Business Cycles,"
Econometric Society, vol. 53(5), pages 995-1045, September.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1981. "Self-fulfilling prophecies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 380-396, December.
- Cass, David & Shell, Karl, 1983. "Do Sunspots Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 193-227, April.
- Bastiaanssen, W. G. M. & van Dam, J. C. & Droogers, P., 2003. "Introduction," IWMI Books, Reports H043801, International Water Management Institute.
- Jean-Michel Grandmont & P, A, Pintus & R, De Vilder, 1997.
"Capital-Labor Substitution and Competitive Nonlinear Endogenous Business Cycles,"
97-28, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel & Pintus, Patrick & de Vilder, Robin, 1998. "Capital-Labor Substitution and Competitive Nonlinear Endogenous Business Cycles," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 14-59, May.
- GRANDMONT, Jean-Michel & PINTUS, Patrick & de VILDER, Robin, 1997. "Capital-labor substitution and competitive nonlinear endogenous business cycles," CORE Discussion Papers 1997087, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gaunersdorfer, Andrea & Hommes, Cars H. & Wagener, Florian O.O., 2008.
"Bifurcation routes to volatility clustering under evolutionary learning,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 27-47, July.
- Gaunersdorfer, A. & Hommes, C.H. & Wagener, F.O.O., 2003. "Bifurcation Routes to Volatility Clustering under Evolutionary Learning," CeNDEF Working Papers 03-03, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Medio, Alfredo & Raines, Brian, 2007. "Backward dynamics in economics. The inverse limit approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1633-1671, May.
- Kennedy, Judy A. & Stockman, David R., 2008. "Chaotic equilibria in models with backward dynamics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 939-955, March.
- Woodford, Michael, 1986. "Stationary sunspot equilibria in a finance constrained economy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 128-137, October.
- J. M. Grandmont & A. P. Kirman & W. Neuefeind, 1974. "A New Approach to the Uniqueness of Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 289-291.
- Benhabib, Jess & Day, Richard H., 1982. "A characterization of erratic dynamics in, the overlapping generations model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 37-55, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpm:cepmap:8811. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stéphane Adjemian)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.