The Color of Money: The Effects of Foreign Direct Investment on Economic Growth in Transition Economies
AbstractThis paper examines the role of foreign direct investment in the growth of central and Eastern European countries, the Baltic States and the CIS around the transition period.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics in its series Economics Discussion / Working Papers with number 02-16.
Length: 37 pages
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, W.A. 6009
Phone: (08) 9380 2918
Fax: (08) 9380 1016
Web page: http://www.business.uwa.edu.au/school/disciplines/economics
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Minsoo Lee & MoonJoong Tcha, 2004. "The color of money: The effects of foreign direct investment on economic growth in transition economies," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 140(2), pages 211-229, June.
- O50 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
- P39 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Other
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shujiro Urata & Hiroki Kawai, 2000. "Intrafirm Technology Transfer by Japanese Manufacturing Firms in Asia," NBER Chapters, in: The Role of Foreign Direct Investment in East Asian Economic Development, NBER-EASE Volume 9, pages 49-77 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1993. "Openness, Trade Liberalization, and Growth in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1358-93, September.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D, 1996. "The Transition at Mid Decade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 128-33, May.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995.
"How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?,"
NBER Working Papers
5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998. "How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Easterly, William & Fischer, Stanley, 1995. "The Soviet Economic Decline," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(3), pages 341-71, September.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1970.
"Soviet Postwar Economic Growth and Capital-Labor Substitution,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 676-92, September.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1968. "Soviet Postwar Economic Growth and Capital Labor Substitution," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 256, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Brunetti, Aymo & Kisunko, Gregory & Weder, Beatrice, 1997. "Institutions in transition : reliability of rules and economic performance in former Socialist countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1809, The World Bank.
- Azariadis, Costas & Drazen, Allan, 1990. "Threshold Externalities in Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 105(2), pages 501-26, May.
- Kenneth A. Froot, 1994. "Foreign Direct Investment in Eastern Europe: Some Economic Considerations," NBER Chapters, in: The Transition in Eastern Europe, Volume 2: Restructuring, pages 293-318 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467.
- Lee, Hsiu-Yun & Lin, Kenneth S. & Tsui, Hsiao-Chien, 2009. "Home country effects of foreign direct investment: From a small economy to a large economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1121-1128, September.
- McDonald Bruce D & Eger Robert J, 2010. "The Defense-Growth Relationship: An Economic Investigation into Post-Soviet States," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 1-28, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shane Standley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.