Globe: A SAM Based Global CGE Model using GTAP Data
AbstractThis paper provides a technical description of a global computable general equilibrium (CGE) model that is calibrated from a Social Accounting Matrix (SAM) representation of the Global Trade Analysis Project (GTAP) database. An important feature of the model is the treatment of nominal and real exchange rates and hence the specification of multiple numéraire. Another distinctive feature of the model is the use of a ‘dummy’ region, known as globe, that allows for the recording of inter regional transactions where either the source or destination are not identified.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by United States Naval Academy Department of Economics in its series Departmental Working Papers with number 14.
Length: 108 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2007
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kleinwechter, Ulrich & Grethe, Harald, 2012. "Trade policy impacts under alternative land market regimes in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 1071-1089.
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol, 2008. "The Eonomic Impact Of More Sustainable Water Use In Agriculture: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers FNU-169, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Dec 2008.
- Willenbockel, Dirk, 2013. "General Equilibrium Assessment of the COMESA-EAC-SADC Tripartite FTA," MPRA Paper 51501, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard Betts & Pete Falloon & Andy Wiltshire & Richard Tol, 2013.
"Climate change impacts on global agriculture,"
Springer, vol. 120(1), pages 357-374, September.
- Marcus Keogh-Brown & Richard Smith & John Edmunds & Philippe Beutels, 2010. "The macroeconomic impact of pandemic influenza: estimates from models of the United Kingdom, France, Belgium and The Netherlands," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 11(6), pages 543-554, December.
- Flaig, Dorothee & Rubin, Ofir D. & Siddig, Khalid H.A., 2012. "Impact Of Liberalizing Production And Trade On The Future Of The Dairy Industry In Israel," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 133039, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol, 2008.
"Water Scarcity And The Impact Of Improved Irrigation Management: A Cge Analysis,"
FNU-160, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Apr 2008.
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol, 2008. "Water scarcity and the impact of improved irrigation management: A CGE analysis," Kiel Working Papers 1436, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- McDonald, Scott & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen, 2008. "Asian Growth and Trade Poles: India, China, and East and Southeast Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 210-234, February.
- Alvaro Calzadilla & Tingju Zhu & Katrin Rehdanz & Richard S.J. Tol & Claudia Ringler, . "Economy-wide Impacts of Climate on Agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers FNU-170, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University.
- Willenbockel, Dirk & Robinson, Sherman, 2009. "The global financial crisis, LDC exports and welfare: analysis with a world trade model," MPRA Paper 15376, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rothe, Andrea & Banse, Martin, 2012. "Forschungsvorhaben: Modellgestützte Analyse Der Auswirkungen Der National Und International Steigenden Nachfrage Nach Biomasse Auf Die Agrarmärkte Deutschlands," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 137165, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Gay, Stephan Hubertus & Mueller, Marc & Santuccio, Federica, 2008. "Analysing the implication of the EU 20-10-20 targets for world vegetable oil production," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6495, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kleinwechter, Ulrich & Grethe, Harald, 2012. "Policy impacts under alternative land market regimes in rural China," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125860, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.